Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Osinbajo Presides Over Virtual NEC Meeting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Presides Over Virtual NEC Meeting (6491 Views)

Osinbajo Presides Over Virtual NEC Meeting / President Buhari Presides Over Virtual Launch Of Gold Purchase Programme / Buhari Presides Over Virtual FEC Meeting. Ibrahim Gambari In Attendance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo Presides Over Virtual NEC Meeting by TheRareGem1(f): 2:59pm On May 20, 2021
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has presided over a virtual meeting of the National Economic Council on Thursday at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Constitutionally, the vice president is the Chairman of NEC.

The council meeting is held monthly to deliberate on the coordination of the economic planning efforts and economic programmes of the various levels of government.

NEC comprises the 36 state governors, the governor of Central Bank of Nigeria, minister of finance, Secretary to the Government of the Federation and other government officials whose duties hinge on the economy.

At the last meeting on April 22, the council dismissed claims that money was printed to support March allocation to states.

https://punchng.com/osinbajo-presides-over-virtual-nec-meeting-2/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1621512824

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Virtual NEC Meeting by TheRareGem1(f): 2:59pm On May 20, 2021
The Accountability and Transparency in this Osinbajo's NEC meeting always amazes me. We have never had such before where a VP will publish the nation's balances of excess crude oil, stabilisation account and natural resources development account.

What Atiku, GEJ, Sambo never did.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Virtual NEC Meeting by LMS1(m): 3:06pm On May 20, 2021
I Thought Osinbanjo Was Surfing Instagram,
It Took Me Minutes To Realise He Was Actually Watching CCTV Video Of Aso Rock..

Light My Kpoli Made Of Plantain Leaf

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Virtual NEC Meeting by mariahAngel(f): 3:07pm On May 20, 2021
Buhari wouldn't dare... cheesy

The convergence of deputies! grin
Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Virtual NEC Meeting by Jollylolly(f): 3:14pm On May 20, 2021
Insecurity remain our biggest challenge, solve that and all spheres will go the way they should.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Virtual NEC Meeting by okefranci: 3:14pm On May 20, 2021
kiss
Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Virtual NEC Meeting by Joylove2324(f): 3:20pm On May 20, 2021
I like the fact that Osinbajo always represent the president well whenever Mr P is not around. We can't afford the good work to stop
Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Virtual NEC Meeting by Jhayphil: 3:46pm On May 20, 2021
We expect positives from the meeting. Keep up the good job.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Virtual NEC Meeting by mariahAngel(f): 3:53pm On May 20, 2021
Jhayphil:
We expect positives from the meeting. Keep up the good job.

Your confidence in the positive outcome of the meeting is quite admirable. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Virtual NEC Meeting by tito44: 4:00pm On May 20, 2021
zombie VP that cannot say something while Christians are being murdered daily in Nigeria. Evil short man pasta

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Virtual NEC Meeting by Siwisheswereesh: 4:00pm On May 20, 2021
E try
Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Virtual NEC Meeting by Koryc: 4:00pm On May 20, 2021
Hmmm, Osibanjo to me just shows that if you are educated you need to be rugged and street wise.
The way I see it the vp is just trying to protect his image, his family and his pocket, he is not worth all the clout.
He should bury his head in shame if all he can do is smile while the nation bleeds, families mourn, students are scared to go to school, mothers, fathers and relatives are paying heavy ransom to bandits and this man looks unruffled.
All I can say is Osibanjo is a failed professor.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Virtual NEC Meeting by Teewhy2: 4:00pm On May 20, 2021
why deputy governors come full there.
Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Virtual NEC Meeting by Ejlove4u(m): 4:01pm On May 20, 2021
Aso rock house boy..
Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Virtual NEC Meeting by StFabulous(m): 4:02pm On May 20, 2021
Money is good
Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Virtual NEC Meeting by thatsleepboy1: 4:02pm On May 20, 2021
Story
Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Virtual NEC Meeting by foeedaba: 4:02pm On May 20, 2021
20 years ago at Nigeria's 40 years independence, Edo music legend released this song about Nigeria:

Nigeria is a fool at 40 years
Where we dey go
I no know
Where we dey come from
I no know
There is no hope again
There is no hope
A fool at 40 is a fool forever.

20 years later nothing has change, yet Osibanjo is telling us there is hope. To slap this man just dey hungry me I swear.
Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Virtual NEC Meeting by bigdammyj: 4:02pm On May 20, 2021
Noted
Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Virtual NEC Meeting by UncleKoboko: 4:04pm On May 20, 2021
USELESS OLD FOOLS

ALWAYS presiding over nonsense that is not yielding any fruit.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Virtual NEC Meeting by Heroclitus(m): 4:04pm On May 20, 2021
Where the governors go?
Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Virtual NEC Meeting by Fireshoot4328: 4:04pm On May 20, 2021
It's real
Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Virtual NEC Meeting by SmartPolician: 4:05pm On May 20, 2021
TheRareGem1:
The Accountability and Transparency in this Osinbajo's NEC meeting always amazes me. We have never had such before where a VP will publish the nation's balances of excess crude oil, stabilisation account and natural resources development account.

What Atiku, GEJ, Sambo never did.

The way you promote this man on Nairaland looks suspicious.

It seems you work with BMC abi na OMC undecided

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Virtual NEC Meeting by Phraserite6713: 4:06pm On May 20, 2021
To be honest
Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Virtual NEC Meeting by Bahrain: 4:06pm On May 20, 2021
What happened to the sacred council chamber ?
Been a while from there.

My 2006 memory of that Aso Rock horizon is resounding.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Virtual NEC Meeting by Lawalemi(m): 4:12pm On May 20, 2021
Where is the mannequin?
Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Virtual NEC Meeting by murecool(m): 4:13pm On May 20, 2021
God bless our darling Daddy President Muhammadu Buhari and his amiable Vice president Prof Yemi Osinbajo for all they are doing to make this once battered, raped and looted nation work again.

Haters and enemies of the state call him many different names,
but not even their fathers dare call him a thief!

#INTEGRITY to badt!
a man after God's heart ❤
they want to bury Baba,
they don't know he is a seed!
Re: Osinbajo Presides Over Virtual NEC Meeting by effort1: 4:13pm On May 20, 2021
SmartPolician:

The way you promote this man on Nairaland looks suspicious.

It seems you work with BMC abi na OMC undecided

Yeah. The so-called theraregem1 is a BMC member right from time. He must protect his source of income

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sir Chikwe Udensi Tackles Ikpeazu Over Refusal To Arm Ebubeagu Security Outfit / Bishop Kukah: I'm Against Insecurity, Economic Woes, Not Buhari / JUST-IN: FG Grants DSS Permission To Search Young Nigerians Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.