Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Joseph Bassey: Ayade’s Defection Has Crippled PDP In Cross River - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Joseph Bassey: Ayade’s Defection Has Crippled PDP In Cross River (23455 Views)

Gov. Ayade’s Defection: Why APC Must Not Celebrate Yet / Ayade’s Defection: PDP Mobilises Tambuwal, Obaseki, Saraki To Stop Governor / Poll Postponement: INEC Has Crippled PDP – PDP Senator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joseph Bassey: Ayade’s Defection Has Crippled PDP In Cross River by kahal29: 3:10pm On May 20, 2021
Deputy Speaker of Cross River House of Assembly, Joseph Bassey, has officially defected to All Progressives Congress (APC) following the defection of Governor Ben Ayade.

Bassey told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in a telephone interview on Thursday in Calabar that the governor’s move has crumbled the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the state.

He said that the governor was moving to the ruling party with all members of the State House of Assembly, Commissioners, elected local council chairmen, councilors, and over 6,000 political appointees in the state.

“I have already moved with the governor. Cross River is now an APC state and the House of Assembly has also moved with the governor.

“We just have to help Cross River residents by aligning with the centre. Cross River receives the least allocation from the Federal Government and this is not good enough.

“In the past six years, Cross River has been an opposition party; this is the first time we are missing touch with the centre.

“We don’t have oil wells, our allocation is low. Ayade has tried in using his intellectual capacity and ability to attract some federal government presence into the state.

“We are left with two years in this administration and we must align with the centre for the interest of the state,” he said.

Bassey said that the state needed federal government’s support for the superhighway, the deep seaport, and other projects that the governor had initiated.

“For somebody like Ayade who has gone far to appoint over 6,000 persons into his government, it will be a difficult moment for PDP in Cross River.

“I think today marks the official burial ceremony of PDP in Cross River and this will affect the national because I see other governors joining the APC soon.

“With this movement, some of our people can now get better appointments at the centre. For us in Cross River we have moved,” he said.

Ayade officially joined the APC at a ceremony in Calabar on Thursday attended by Gov. Mai Bala-Buni of Yobe, who is the Caretaker Chairman of APC and other governors.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/05/ayades-defection-has-crippled-pdp-in-cross-river-%e2%80%95-deputy-speaker/amp/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Joseph Bassey: Ayade’s Defection Has Crippled PDP In Cross River by kahal29: 3:15pm On May 20, 2021
cool

1 Like

Re: Joseph Bassey: Ayade’s Defection Has Crippled PDP In Cross River by Johnnyessence(m): 3:32pm On May 20, 2021
On ayade defection I want you to know what's on ground for ayade in cross river state. You can't blame secondus ayade has lost popularity in cross river state. 90% of PDP member in cross river rejected him. During the congress he lost, same thing happened during the senatorial by election his group lost to the other faction and the other faction of PDP won the senatorial seat I'm very close to the state I know what is going on there. If PDP give ayade the cross river structure I swear next election PDP will loose gallantly. Write it down today cross river is PDP state

97 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Joseph Bassey: Ayade’s Defection Has Crippled PDP In Cross River by longetivity(m): 4:00pm On May 20, 2021
This one na deputy speaker

2 Likes

Re: Joseph Bassey: Ayade’s Defection Has Crippled PDP In Cross River by NwaNimo1(m): 4:04pm On May 20, 2021

30 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Joseph Bassey: Ayade’s Defection Has Crippled PDP In Cross River by Nnamebuka: 4:04pm On May 20, 2021
Ayade's defection is akin to a pick pocket that picked an empty wallet it's owner was going to fling away inside the bush on his way out.
Premium tears when he gets home and opens it grin grin grin

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Joseph Bassey: Ayade’s Defection Has Crippled PDP In Cross River by hezy4real01(m): 4:05pm On May 20, 2021
Make him goo we know those to vote come 2023

5 Likes

Re: Joseph Bassey: Ayade’s Defection Has Crippled PDP In Cross River by thatsleepboy1: 4:05pm On May 20, 2021
Good.
Re: Joseph Bassey: Ayade’s Defection Has Crippled PDP In Cross River by Nobody: 4:05pm On May 20, 2021
Politics: no permanent enemy, no permanent foe, only permanent interests

4 Likes

Re: Joseph Bassey: Ayade’s Defection Has Crippled PDP In Cross River by helinues: 4:05pm On May 20, 2021
Another version of the story from Ayade's loyalists

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Joseph Bassey: Ayade’s Defection Has Crippled PDP In Cross River by bigdammyj: 4:05pm On May 20, 2021
Noted
Re: Joseph Bassey: Ayade’s Defection Has Crippled PDP In Cross River by overdrive(m): 4:06pm On May 20, 2021
Anywhere belle face politicians.

1 Like

Re: Joseph Bassey: Ayade’s Defection Has Crippled PDP In Cross River by Tonyspecial(m): 4:06pm On May 20, 2021
Wike is finished

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Joseph Bassey: Ayade’s Defection Has Crippled PDP In Cross River by Mopolchi: 4:06pm On May 20, 2021
Let him go jor
Re: Joseph Bassey: Ayade’s Defection Has Crippled PDP In Cross River by YoungLionken(m): 4:07pm On May 20, 2021
You can see that these politicians only care about themselves..

Upon all the Lamentations of the masses against the APCHEAT across the federation, yet he defected to them!! No shame, remorse or 2nd thought for the masses..

Again, Buhari isn't the worst person in Nigeria!!!

2 Likes

Re: Joseph Bassey: Ayade’s Defection Has Crippled PDP In Cross River by Charliewyt: 4:07pm On May 20, 2021
Same same
Re: Joseph Bassey: Ayade’s Defection Has Crippled PDP In Cross River by Romaniera5476: 4:07pm On May 20, 2021
HONESTLY asking
Re: Joseph Bassey: Ayade’s Defection Has Crippled PDP In Cross River by Millimann: 4:07pm On May 20, 2021
kahal29:

“We don’t have oil wells, our allocation is low. Ayade has tried in using his intellectual capacity and ability to attract some federal government presence into the state.

“We are left with two years in this administration and we must align with the centre for the interest of the state,” he said.

So the FG will carry what belongs to other states and give his state? That man never see anything.

7 Likes

Re: Joseph Bassey: Ayade’s Defection Has Crippled PDP In Cross River by bjayx: 4:07pm On May 20, 2021
No adverts on front page pls

1 Like

Re: Joseph Bassey: Ayade’s Defection Has Crippled PDP In Cross River by TimmyTen(m): 4:08pm On May 20, 2021
With both APC or PDP at the helm of affairs, country is in deep shit. Governors porting from one to another changes nothing. Only in Nigeria have I seen this kind of shameless carpet crossing, which shows that there's no difference in policy or political outlook, only for selfish interest.
Re: Joseph Bassey: Ayade’s Defection Has Crippled PDP In Cross River by dat9jaguy(m): 4:08pm On May 20, 2021
Johnnyessence:
On ayade defection I want you to know what's on ground for ayade in cross river state. You can't blame secondus ayade has lost popularity in cross river state. 90% of PDP member in cross river rejected him. During the congress he lost, same thing happened during the senatorial by election his group lost to the other faction and the other faction of PDP won the senatorial seat I'm very close to the state I know what is going on there. If PDP give ayade the cross river structure I swear next election PDP will loose gallantly. Write it down today cross river is PDP state

Who ask you?

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Joseph Bassey: Ayade’s Defection Has Crippled PDP In Cross River by PussyKing(m): 4:09pm On May 20, 2021
Tinubu can not be president

Mark my words

2 Likes

Re: Joseph Bassey: Ayade’s Defection Has Crippled PDP In Cross River by UncleKoboko: 4:09pm On May 20, 2021
Fools

How important is the defection to the economy of the country??
Re: Joseph Bassey: Ayade’s Defection Has Crippled PDP In Cross River by Nobody: 4:10pm On May 20, 2021
People of Cross River State should be vigilant. Fulani wants to use cross river coastal path to launch attack to riverine areas of the zone. Soon you will see attacks all part of Cross River and riverine areas.

Ayade just sold you guys to fulani for a seat back to the Senate......

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EndSARS: Panel To Invite Peter Obi / 2019: You Will Return To Your Homosexual Cows Says Reno Omokri To Buhari / APC Crisis: Governors, Ministers Plotting More Surprises For Buhari - Galadima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.