Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,776 members, 7,824,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

Like An Ox - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Like An Ox (350 Views)

Jws Say Man Has No Spirit, Man Is Like An Animal, Their Own Bible Exposes Them / Do You Know There Is Nothing Like An Idol / CAN On Fuel Scarcity: This Looks Like An Attempt To Sabotage X-mas Celebrations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Like An Ox by olulu(m): 8:27pm On May 20, 2021
“No matter how hard you search, a man’s destiny can never be found on Google.”

This line had been on his mind for a week. He had heard it on YouTube while watching the performance of a poet called Habeeb Ajijola.

“Baba God o, pick up, pick up,” he said silently, lifting his hands to the sky as he walked down to the bus-stop.

He had finished his afternoon shift at the bank where he was employed as a security guard. He had joined the bank six months earlier after two years of been jobless. The pay was not much, but being six foot tall, dark and handsome made him a favourite of the female staff and customers of the bank, so he got plenty of tips. And being a ladies man, he knew how to turn on the charm with his smile and well spoken English.

He stood at the bus-stop alone for over 5 minutes before remembering Okada and Keke Napep had been banned over the weekend. He shook his head as he thought about the distance he had to cover to get a bus that will take him to his area.

Just as he was about to start walking, he noticed a White Lexus SUV with tinted glasses reversing to the spot he was at. The car stopped beside him and the window came down. He stooped to look inside the vehicle.

He eyes first caught sight of her exposed thighs, then her cleavage (as exposed by a low-cut blouse) before he saw the face of a beautiful light skin woman smiling at him. He liked what he saw, so he smiled back.

“Good afternoon ma,” he said.
“Good afternoon dear, how are you,” she replied.
“I am doing well ma.”
“Where are you headed? Maybe I can drop you off.”
“I want to get a bus to Lekki gate and then another to Ketu.”
“I am going to Gbagada, would Iyana Oworo be okay for you?”
“It’s perfect ma.”
“Ok, come in.”

He opened the door and sat down beside her.

“Hope you don’t mind if I quickly branch home to pick up my bag and stuff before we head off,” she said as she engaged the gear and drove on.
“No problem ma.”
“You work at the bank?” she asked.
“Yes.”

He glanced at her and their eyes met briefly, before she turned back to the road.

“You are a handsome young man,” she said.
“Thank you ma.”
“Your girlfriend is a lucky girl,” she said smiling.
He chuckled and replied, “I don’t have a girlfriend.”
“You don’t? A fine boy like you! I don’t believe that,” she exclaimed.
“No romance without finance ma,” he replied, and they both laughed.

She stopped the car in front of a huge gate, honked twice and the gate opened sideways.

“Hope you don’t mind coming inside to have a drink or two, while I quickly shower and change.”

He glanced at her left hand and saw the wedding ring.
“I don’t want no trouble ma,” he said.
“My husband is not home’ he is away on business, and he won’t be back for a month,” she replied smiling sweetly.

He was quiet and did not move.

She threw her arms around him and kissed him, boldly took his arm and said, “I’ve made preparation for a romantic dinner. For today I scanned around if I would see you, hoping to catch sight of your face—and here you are! I’ve spread fresh, clean sheets on my bed, colorful imported linens. My bed is aromatic with spices and exotic fragrances. Come, let’s make love all night, and spend the night in blissful lovemaking!”

With her enticing speech she caused him to yield, with her flattering lips she seduced him.

Immediately he went with her, like an Ox goes to the butcher shop, or like a male Goat lured into an ambush and then shot with an arrow. Like a bird runs into a trap, he did not know it would cost his life.

For she has cast down many wounded, and all who were slain by her were strong men. Her house is the way to hell, descending to the chambers of death.

THE END.
Written by: King Olulu, not from Zulu.
Inspired by: King Solomon, not from Naija.
Source Code: Proverbs Seven
Twitter @olulu4ever, Instagram @olulutheking,

(1) (Reply)

Bill Gate Hails Muslim Sacrifice During Eid L Adha / Primate Church Of Nigeria, Anglican Communion Most Revd Ndukuba Clocks 60 Today / What Is The Mission Of The Church? Private Jets? Noise Pollution?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.