Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,794 members, 7,817,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number (19444 Views)

Updated: New HTTP Injector Settings For 9mobile Social Bundle To Power All Apps / Airtel Nigeria Unveils New Number Range, 0901 / Lady Mistakenly Buys N15k MTN Airtime Instead Of N1500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by chii8(f): 2:36pm On May 21, 2021
richmond500:
Lolz, ur comment made me laugh, what the poster was trying to say by Accident free is the car has not had an accident before

Lolzzzzz... okay.... thanks!!!
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by chinoonew09: 2:37pm On May 21, 2021
. Hmmm. Nawa o... No be juju be that..!
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by Viccilee: 2:39pm On May 21, 2021
Just like someone suggested, change your ATM card. Your old number is already tied to the present ATM card. A new one will reflect your new line. I had similar experience.

1 Like

Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by nfour4(m): 2:39pm On May 21, 2021
Visit any of the branch. request that your new mobile number should be updated on your Mobile and online banking.
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by Btruth: 2:41pm On May 21, 2021
.......which one come be help? No be to go to the bank go lodge complain nii?

Which kind wahala be this now?

.......nothing wey Musa no go see for Alaaba market gan self. angry
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by unbreak: 2:44pm On May 21, 2021
Contact ur bank, nah them put d number, nah them fit remove am too..
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by lanre88(m): 2:44pm On May 21, 2021
StrangeCase:
My bank OTP Still Sends to My old number Instead of the Updated new Number and I went to the bank (FIDELITY BANK ooooo) and complained that my Otp is still sending to my old number which is already blocked and definitely with a new user Instead of the new number I came here to update.

The fidelity bank staff collected every details and told me it is done and that I should try again in 48 hrs which I did but the problem continues. I went back again and they did another magic and said I should try but still the otp still goes to the old number,

I went back again and the staffs there said they have tried their best that they don't know what to do again, lol ( I was shocked- Imagine, are fidelity staffs this Incompetent?). This particular issue has been on for like a month but still fidelity bank staffs couldn't resolve an online banking issue. Quite suprising.

Please Good people of God how can I resolve this issue because it is totally frustrating?

Please help oooooooo

This is a simple idea that the mobile banking department at head office would resolve. If you are dealing with an incompetent officer, you keep getting an excuse. Escape to the mobile banking unit at head office, there is a particular place where your old line is still reflecting which must be changed else your OTP keeps going to it.
I am well versed with the mobile app while in the bank so I know your challenge even those worse than your I resolve with ease.

The officer must change your number from the mobile banking platform not the normal banking app like Finacle,Globus etc. depending on what Fidelity use.
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by Morenikeji070: 2:54pm On May 21, 2021
Sorry pls can you tell me how good piggyvest is have had about it from one of my frd... pls hope it's very secure to save money.. I need ur help
Jamesbiodun:
It has been changed but it won't work for some site like piggyvest because they are using latest software....
It can work on wealth.ng
You have to wait for like 2weeks or 1month before CBN upgrade your number...
I have the same issue too when I changed my bvn phone number with access bank
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by sojfarm: 2:55pm On May 21, 2021
You have to go back, but this time, make sure you don't compalain verbally.

Write a letter (you may end up sacking somebody):

1. Document your complaint

2. Document the steps you have taken so far

3. Document your experience so far

4. Give them instruction to change to effect the change immediately and document it in your letter that if they fail to effect as expected, the
bank would be responsible for any loss and inconvenience that may come therefrom. If they fail again to effect the change still, scan a
copy of the received letter to the following contacts (make sure you get the full names of the officer that attended to you, very
important). Make sure they stamp the letter for you and the person that received the letter from sign it with his/her name (if he/she bluntly refuse, run, there likely conspiracy to add you to the list of those the bank/branch rountinely deduct from their account. Be wise.

Call Us
General Enquiry:
0700 343 35489

From abroad:
0908 798 9069

WhatsApp
TrueServe:
0903 000 5252

Chat with IVY:
0903 000 0302

Email
true.serve@fidelitybank.ng

5. Indicate it in the letter that if the bank fail to effect your request this time, you will need to change your bank
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by stpat1(m): 3:02pm On May 21, 2021
The problem.is not from your bank, its from your network provider.

Go to your network provider, they will rectify it
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by stpat1(m): 3:03pm On May 21, 2021
Morenikeji070:
Sorry pls can you tell me how good piggyvest is have had about it from one of my frd... pls hope it's very secure to save money.. I need ur help

Very secure.
I use it

1 Like

Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by Oshobo44: 3:15pm On May 21, 2021
see below
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by Sskynet: 3:16pm On May 21, 2021
Go to their main branch in your location and ask for BVN upgrade. When done, it will reflect the new number and u will be able to receive your OTP on your new line. Please don't go to one kiosk branch with incompetent staffs.

1 Like

Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by merits(m): 3:19pm On May 21, 2021
StrangeCase:
My bank OTP Still Sends to My old number Instead of the Updated new Number and I went to the bank (FIDELITY BANK ooooo) and complained that my Otp is still sending to my old number which is already blocked and definitely with a new user Instead of the new number I came here to update.

The fidelity bank staff collected every details and told me it is done and that I should try again in 48 hrs which I did but the problem continues. I went back again and they did another magic and said I should try but still the otp still goes to the old number,

I went back again and the staffs there said they have tried their best that they don't know what to do again, lol ( I was shocked- Imagine, are fidelity staffs this Incompetent?). This particular issue has been on for like a month but still fidelity bank staffs couldn't resolve an online banking issue. Quite suprising.

Please Good people of God how can I resolve this issue because it is totally frustrating?

Please help oooooooo
Chat them online.
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by saintneo(m): 3:21pm On May 21, 2021
StrangeCase:

Please help oooooooo

If otp is for a card transaction, kindly inform your bank to alert the card merchant.
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by Mandesz(m): 3:24pm On May 21, 2021
StrangeCase:

Please help oooooooo
u definitely used your old number for bvn. change the number on bvn itself for that to take effect. it's possible u receive alert and do everything on the new phone wen it's initially changed.
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by angelfallz(m): 3:24pm On May 21, 2021
Why not explain it? or just ignored my comment.

Arizona1:

Do you even know the essence of OTP? Don't talk about things you don't know.
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by Morenikeji070: 3:27pm On May 21, 2021
Okay. Thanks..... I will update you incase have have some question to ask.. pls
stpat1:

Very secure.
I use it
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by NamelessOGBENI(m): 3:32pm On May 21, 2021
Strange Case..

Is it deja vu or what?
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by Sleekfingers: 3:41pm On May 21, 2021
StrangeCase:

Please help oooooooo

Send an email to fidelity headquarter......or send a message to them on twitter......or better still if you reside in lagos, go to their headquater....

I had similar issues with first bank. It took them like 3weeks ......I end up going to their headquarter in lagos island......
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by Uniqueaccountant(m): 3:43pm On May 21, 2021
The person didn't change your BVN NUMBER..HE ONLY CHANGED THE ALERT NUMBER... STRICTLY INSTRUCT THEM TO CHANGE BVN INFORMATION.. IT'S YOUR MONEY AND INFORMATIONS
StrangeCase:

Please help oooooooo
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by pholar(m): 3:44pm On May 21, 2021
Here is the solution, Oga.. Go to any ATM around. Click on "Interswitch". Register your new number for OTP... the sum of one naira will be debited from your account.. That is all.. Pls come back here and say "Thank you"... grin grin

1 Like

Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by nedekid: 3:47pm On May 21, 2021
Op. Do you have any evidence you requested for your otp receiving number to be changed. Do you further have any evidence of you complaint that it despite all your efforts they have not changed it?
Nna, learn how to cover your arse when the chip may be down.
Write a letter to the bank stating on so so day eg 1 month ago you requested for change of number, later you notice it was not done, now you have come to complain again today.
Get the letter acknowledged ie a stamped copy.
This will protect you from some liability in terms of fraud and also if for what ever reason legal issues may arise.
I am sure once they get the letter, they will act immediately.
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by nedekid: 3:50pm On May 21, 2021
sojfarm:
You have to go back, but this time, make sure you don't compalain verbally.

Write a letter (you may end up sacking somebody):

1. Document your complaint

2. Document the steps you have taken so far

3. Document your experience so far

4. Give them instruction to change to effect the change immediately and document it in your letter that if they fail to effect as expected, the
bank would be responsible for any loss and inconvenience that may come therefrom. If they fail again to effect the change still, scan a
copy of the received letter to the following contacts (make sure you get the full names of the officer that attended to you, very
important). Make sure they stamp the letter for you and the person that received the letter from sign it with his/her name (if he/she bluntly refuse, run, there likely conspiracy to add you to the list of those the bank/branch rountinely deduct from their account. Be wise.

Call Us
General Enquiry:
0700 343 35489

From abroad:
0908 798 9069

WhatsApp
TrueServe:
0903 000 5252

Chat with IVY:
0903 000 0302

Email
true.serve@fidelitybank.ng

5. Indicate it in the letter that if the bank fail to effect your request this time, you will need to change your bank

2 bottles of big origin for you.
Similar to what I posted in response to op.

1 Like

Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by Yankee101: 3:52pm On May 21, 2021
It's not been updated
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by collinometricx: 3:56pm On May 21, 2021
StrangeCase:
Help is needed please good people of God.

Lalasticlala
I use Fidelity and I have changed my number like thrice, noting like this happened to me.
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by bigbauer(m): 4:03pm On May 21, 2021
StrangeCase:

Please help oooooooo

Ask them to remove the first number from your account. Then put your current number
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by Nobody: 4:05pm On May 21, 2021
Same issue i have with First bank, i jst gave up
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by donttouchme: 4:20pm On May 21, 2021
Close the account and open a new account with your new no.. shikena
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by ogeenanthony(m): 4:20pm On May 21, 2021
Mine pass 1year, I filled form twice alread...
Jamesbiodun
post=101915129:

It has been changed but it won't work for some site like piggyvest because they are using latest software....
It can work on wealth.ng
You have to wait for like 2weeks or 1month before CBN upgrade your number...
I have the same issue too when I changed my bvn phone number with access bank
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by Jayslyder: 4:30pm On May 21, 2021
They probably didn't change the number on the alert platform or on flex
Re: My OTP Still Sends To My Old Number Instead Of The Updated New Number by fx45(m): 4:33pm On May 21, 2021
StrangeCase:

Please help oooooooo
I had the same issues with the same bank. Gone there like 5 times to fill forms in a space of 6 months and till today, they haven't been able to rectify it. The only option is to close the account and open a new one with the current phone number

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is The Worst Phone You Ever Used? / 5 Ways To Make Internet Connection Fast On Your Android Smartphone / FG/NCC Directive: Has Your Phone Number Been Barred??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.