Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,310 members, 7,836,353 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

The Igbos Have Been Criminalized, Marginalized, Yet Forced To Stay - Fani Kayode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Igbos Have Been Criminalized, Marginalized, Yet Forced To Stay - Fani Kayode (856 Views)

How Ndiigbo Oppressed And Marginalized The Eastern Region Minorities / Igbos Are Not Being Cheated Or Marginalized- Sen. Ndume Says As He Slams Biafra / Estimated Billing To Be Criminalized – Reps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Igbos Have Been Criminalized, Marginalized, Yet Forced To Stay - Fani Kayode by weezyk(m): 11:53am On May 21, 2021
Former minister of aviation has slam the Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami for comparing spare parts dealers to herdsmen.

Malami made the claim in an interview on Channels Television on Wednesday May 19. The AGF insisted that the ban of open grazing and movement of cattle by foot by Southern governors after a meeting in Asaba, does not align with the provisions of the constitution.

However in a lengthy post on social media, the former minister questioned and criticized the manner in the Igbos has been treated unfairly.

Read what he wrote :

It is totally unacceptable and deeply and inherently racist to compare spare part dealers to killer herdsmen.

Permit me to ask: is it a CRIME to be Igbo in Nigeria!

We killed millions of them (including their children) over the last 61 years. We terrorised them. We traumatised them. We insulted them. We denied them. We deprived them. We dehumanised them.

We mocked them. We criminalised them. We marginalised them. We humiliated them. We forced them to stay even when they wanted to leave.

You will recall that the AGF Abubakar Malami in reaction to the banning of open grazing by killer herdsmen, said that banning of open grazing in the Southern region of the country is same thing as prohibition of spare parts trading in the North.

We caged them. We broke them. We cheated them. We flogged them. We stole from them. We held them captive and we did so much more to them yet some say this is still not enough.

They believe that we must spit in their faces, rub dirt on their heads, rub salt in their wounds, conquer them, enslave them and treat them with utter contempt and disdain, as if they were sub-human or third class citizens.

This is not right! It is not proper! It is not fair! It is ungodly. It is evil! It is totally and completely unacceptable.

It erroneously depicts us as a nation of unrepentant barbarians, savages and sadists that have no sense of justice or decency and that is NOT who or what we are as a people! We are far better than that!

The Igbo is a human being just like the rest of us and he is entitled to be treated with decency, decorum and respect just like every other Nigerian.

I often ask myself whether, if I were Igbo, I could ever forgive Nigeria for what we have done to them.

As long as we have this utterly racist, bigoted, shameless and self-deprecatiing mindset about our Igbo compatriots and fellow human beings things cannot go well for us as a people and as a nation.
This is the bitter truth.

Though some refuse to admit or accept it, ALL Nigerians are equal before God and the law. There are NO slaves and NO masters. None were born to rule and none were born to serve or to be ruled.

The sooner we recognise and accept this fact the better it shall be for us all.

Source: https://whenhow24..com/2021/05/the-igbos-have-been-criminalized.html?m=1

Re: The Igbos Have Been Criminalized, Marginalized, Yet Forced To Stay - Fani Kayode by leofab(f): 11:56am On May 21, 2021
Hh
Re: The Igbos Have Been Criminalized, Marginalized, Yet Forced To Stay - Fani Kayode by Officialgarri: 11:57am On May 21, 2021
Is Mr. Short fuse seeking attention again?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Igbos Have Been Criminalized, Marginalized, Yet Forced To Stay - Fani Kayode by ahiboilandgas: 11:57am On May 21, 2021
weezyk:
Former minister of aviation has slam the Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami for comparing spare parts dealers to herdsmen.

Malami made the claim in an interview on Channels Television on Wednesday May 19. The AGF insisted that the ban of open grazing and movement of cattle by foot by Southern governors after a meeting in Asaba, does not align with the provisions of the constitution.

However in a lengthy post on social media, the former minister questioned and criticized the manner in the Igbos has been treated unfairly.

Read what he wrote :

It is totally unacceptable and deeply and inherently racist to compare spare part dealers to killer herdsmen.

We killed millions of them (including their children) over the last 61 years. We terrorised them. We traumatised them. We insulted them. We denied them. We deprived them. We dehumanised them.

We mocked them. We criminalised them. We marginalised them. We humiliated them. We forced them to stay even when they wanted to leave.

You will recall that the AGF Abubakar Malami in reaction to the banning of open grazing by killer herdsmen, said that banning of open grazing in the Southern region of the country is same thing as prohibition of spare parts trading in the North.

We caged them. We broke them. We cheated them. We flogged them. We stole from them. We held them captive and we did so much more to them yet some say this is still not enough.

They believe that we must spit in their faces, rub dirt on their heads, rub salt in their wounds, conquer them, enslave them and treat them with utter contempt and disdain, as if they were sub-human or third class citizens.

This is not right! It is not proper! It is not fair! It is ungodly. It is evil! It is totally and completely unacceptable.

It erroneously depicts us as a nation of unrepentant barbarians, savages and sadists that have no sense of justice or decency and that is NOT who or what we are as a people! We are far better than that!

The Igbo is a human being just like the rest of us and he is entitled to be treated with decency, decorum and respect just like every other Nigerian.

I often ask myself whether, if I were Igbo, I could ever forgive Nigeria for what we have done to them.

As long as we have this utterly racist, bigoted, shameless and self-deprecatiing mindset about our Igbo compatriots and fellow human beings things cannot go well for us as a people and as a nation.

Though some refuse to admit or accept it, ALL Nigerians are equal before God and the law. There are NO slaves and NO masters. None were born to rule and none were born to serve or to be ruled.

Source: https://whenhow24..com/2021/05/the-igbos-have-been-criminalized.html?m=1
the small igbo girl that you where given to manage as wife how did u treat her .u cheated , u beat , u abused,.cheif hypocrite.

6 Likes

Re: The Igbos Have Been Criminalized, Marginalized, Yet Forced To Stay - Fani Kayode by PissfulProtester: 11:58am On May 21, 2021
Officialgarri:
obviously, he is

He is hungry for an Igbo pvssy again

4 Likes

Re: The Igbos Have Been Criminalized, Marginalized, Yet Forced To Stay - Fani Kayode by Pierocash(m): 12:00pm On May 21, 2021
Fani Kayode made sense for the first time.

Congrats,sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Igbos Have Been Criminalized, Marginalized, Yet Forced To Stay - Fani Kayode by Officialgarri: 12:00pm On May 21, 2021
PissfulProtester:
obviously, he is

He is hungry for an Igbo pvssy again
He will find. Those people do anything for money.

3 Likes

Re: The Igbos Have Been Criminalized, Marginalized, Yet Forced To Stay - Fani Kayode by IgweOfNnewi: 12:00pm On May 21, 2021
No one criminalized them, they criminalised themselves

3 Likes

Re: The Igbos Have Been Criminalized, Marginalized, Yet Forced To Stay - Fani Kayode by Vaughanlanrewaj: 12:01pm On May 21, 2021
weezyk:

Read what he wrote :

So says the same Femi Fanikayode who marginalised and criminalized the adorable Igbo woman he married and kicked out of his house and even attempted to take away her little sons so she can run mad.

Nigeria is work in progress and it is going to be built by patriotic hardworking Nigerians not lazy social media influencers like him and Reno. It begins with loving one another especially starting from the home front because talk is cheap. You can't give what you don't have.

5 Likes

Re: The Igbos Have Been Criminalized, Marginalized, Yet Forced To Stay - Fani Kayode by Asgard73: 12:01pm On May 21, 2021
cheesy

Fani said “we”

Yoruba people did all this things with their masters

Only that they can’t break the igbo spirit .

If Yoruba or Hausa have gone through a quarter of all this..
Walahi they would have gone extinct and only be known through history books...

You can’t break an Igbo man. Totally impossible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Igbos Have Been Criminalized, Marginalized, Yet Forced To Stay - Fani Kayode by Ojiofor: 12:18pm On May 21, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
the small igbo girl that you where given to manage as wife how did u treat her .u cheated , u beat , u abused,.cheif hypocrite.

Don't mind the hypocrite.Did he treat his Igbo wife any better?
He denied his former wife the right to visit her kids.And for Buhari and his government the Igbo will outlive them.
We shall survive.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Igbos Have Been Criminalized, Marginalized, Yet Forced To Stay - Fani Kayode by princechurchill(m): 12:21pm On May 21, 2021
They keep throwing stones at us but like the air we keep rising...

A man without enemy is a man without quality- Machiavelli

1 Like

Re: The Igbos Have Been Criminalized, Marginalized, Yet Forced To Stay - Fani Kayode by SmartPolician: 12:22pm On May 21, 2021
ahiboilandgas:

People are always quick to judge the reaction, but no one asks of the action that led to it. Don't be like them.

To the best of my knowledge, Jonathan and Obasanjo tried for the Igbos as far as appointment is concerned.

Buhari has deep hate for the Igbos and does not even hide it. Funnily enough, he has become a terribly bad leader...the worst Nigeria has had since 1999.
Re: The Igbos Have Been Criminalized, Marginalized, Yet Forced To Stay - Fani Kayode by Simplyleo: 12:25pm On May 21, 2021
Officialgarri:
Of course yes.

He was rejected by APC, he is now back to ipob yuut where idiocy is the only means of progression. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: The Igbos Have Been Criminalized, Marginalized, Yet Forced To Stay - Fani Kayode by Okoroawusa: 12:27pm On May 21, 2021
Mr short fuse... the igbo that was with him for many years how did he treat her?

Should we go and dig up his post about igbos when he was in APC?

Well, I know that some gullibles will fall for this...

2 Likes

Re: The Igbos Have Been Criminalized, Marginalized, Yet Forced To Stay - Fani Kayode by Asgard73: 12:28pm On May 21, 2021
Officialgarri:
He will find. This people do anything for money.

An igboman can do anything for money

But a Yoruba man can do everything for money
They don’t care uplooting their great grand fathers skull for money
They don’t care killing their own children for money
They don’t care if their generation end just to drive a flashy car

Yoruba can do anything and everything for money
This is a known fact..

1 Like

Re: The Igbos Have Been Criminalized, Marginalized, Yet Forced To Stay - Fani Kayode by Unik3030: 12:29pm On May 21, 2021
This guy needs relevance again I guess or probably just met another Igbo lady he's willing to sleep with so he's doing this to have his way to her
Re: The Igbos Have Been Criminalized, Marginalized, Yet Forced To Stay - Fani Kayode by Unik3030: 12:32pm On May 21, 2021
Asgard73:
cheesy

Fani said “we”

Yoruba people did all this things with their masters

Only that they can’t break the igbo spirit .

If Yoruba or Hausa have gone through a quarter of all this..
Walahi they would have gone extinct and only be known through history books...

You can’t break an Igbo man. Totally impossible.
the only thing in your head is Yoruba or Tinubu,u can never make any comment without d two.

U don know wetin go kill u b that
Re: The Igbos Have Been Criminalized, Marginalized, Yet Forced To Stay - Fani Kayode by weezyk(m): 12:33pm On May 21, 2021
weezyk:

Read what he wrote :

It's very unfair for the moderators to be breaking the source link of my post. I don't know know the reason behind this. There is no need of accepting the post while breaking the source link. It's unacceptable.
Re: The Igbos Have Been Criminalized, Marginalized, Yet Forced To Stay - Fani Kayode by Unik3030: 12:36pm On May 21, 2021
SmartPolician:

People are always quick to judge the reaction, but no one asks of the action that led to it. Don't be like them.

To the best of my knowledge, Jonathan and Obasanjo tried for the Igbos as far as appointment is concerned.

Buhari has deep hate for the Igbos and does not even hide it. Funnily enough, he has become a terribly bad leader...the worst Nigeria has had since 1999.
u can hate someone n expect him to love u.

Do the Igbos love Buhari?
U created enemy for yourself because of your hate for buhari n love for Jonathan n when Jonathan lost out,u expect the buhari u hate to love u,can u love someone that hates u?

2 Likes

Re: The Igbos Have Been Criminalized, Marginalized, Yet Forced To Stay - Fani Kayode by ahiboilandgas: 12:37pm On May 21, 2021
SmartPolician:

so how didn't they build the 2 nd Niger bridge despite all the appointments by obj and Jonathan? ibo elites using using masses to catch cruise .but pmb is about completing the projects that so called igbo lover failed to do .

1 Like

Re: The Igbos Have Been Criminalized, Marginalized, Yet Forced To Stay - Fani Kayode by Hotshisha: 12:38pm On May 21, 2021
cool

CCT chairman's Biafra attacked him at Abuja comment, and Malami's remarks of spare part dealers getting banned like killer Herdsmen shows how most aboki hate Ibos especially for killing Sarduna

I watched videos if Ibo traders getting looted in Abuja in broad daylight and I wonder why they are docile and just making video

Re: The Igbos Have Been Criminalized, Marginalized, Yet Forced To Stay - Fani Kayode by SmartPolician: 12:51pm On May 21, 2021
Unik3030:

U created enemy for yourself because of your hate for buhari n love for Jonathan n when Jonathan lost out,u expect the buhari u hate to love u,can u love someone that hates u?

I don't remember begging Buahri to love the Igbos in the comment above.

Perhaps you should read it again

This time, pay more attention to detail.

1 Like

Re: The Igbos Have Been Criminalized, Marginalized, Yet Forced To Stay - Fani Kayode by SmartPolician: 12:58pm On May 21, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
so how didn't they build the 2 nd Niger bridge despite all the appointments by obj and Jonathan? ibo elites using using masses to catch cruise .but pmb is about completing the projects that so called igbo lover failed to do .

I am having a hard time grasping your grammar.
Re: The Igbos Have Been Criminalized, Marginalized, Yet Forced To Stay - Fani Kayode by Asgard73: 1:02pm On May 21, 2021
Unik3030:
the only thing in your head is Yoruba or Tinubu,u can never make any comment without d two.

U don know wetin go kill u b that

Next!
Re: The Igbos Have Been Criminalized, Marginalized, Yet Forced To Stay - Fani Kayode by Asgard73: 1:06pm On May 21, 2021
Unik3030:

Yoruba man ...

So Buhari hatred for igbos .. igbos / Buhari matter Na 2015...matters grin

Ndi yoruba sef ... and they will like to argue .. wetin dem no know.
Re: The Igbos Have Been Criminalized, Marginalized, Yet Forced To Stay - Fani Kayode by colorsofrainbow: 1:18pm On May 21, 2021
Officialgarri:
He will find. This people do anything for money.
He chose to sell you to Fulani to chase to Benin Republic for same moni grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Igbos Have Been Criminalized, Marginalized, Yet Forced To Stay - Fani Kayode by Jostoman: 2:12pm On May 21, 2021
Pierocash:
Fani Kayode made sense for the first time.

Congrats,sir
FFK has been making a lot of sense even before now but most you and other Zombie in Nigeria always reason with their anus.
Re: The Igbos Have Been Criminalized, Marginalized, Yet Forced To Stay - Fani Kayode by gwafaeziokwu: 3:36pm On May 21, 2021
This weed smoker and his reverse psychology.

Whatever the Igbos has experienced in Nigeria sInce the war ended, your Yoruba and other tribe people has also felt deeply. Ask Ogoni people how far.The only difference is that Igbos knows they are getting the short end of the stick while Yorubas and other groups continue to pretend that they were also part of the civil war victory. grin

Britain fought the war for only one group, Hausa Fulani. Others are either bleeped or unaware. Igbo youths are not the only ones dying in the scorched arab deserts for decades trying to escape the frustration of a nation where they have no say in.

Of course, Northerners are eternally wary of Igbos because we must cut their ticket. I love the fact that they FEAR US. They know that we understand what they are doing with the destiny of the rest of the country and are vocal about it. They hate our stubborn guts. But that is whom we are, nothing can break our spirits.

We walk tall in every region we found ourselves in Nigeria. We own the economic space and make omelette with every lemon Nigeria threw at us. Our March to independence continues. One day we shall tell the story of Nigeria to our children starting with, THERE WAS A COUNTRY.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

“igbo Had History Before Buhari, And We Will Have A Future After Him, No Fear” / June 12: Don't Bring Your Protest To Lagos, Indigenes Caution Sowore / June 12: Calm In Southeast As Southwest Boils

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.