Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,475 members, 7,819,733 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Whose Claim Do You Believe? God Or Satan? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Whose Claim Do You Believe? God Or Satan? (351 Views)

Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? / This Is For Those That Believe God Does Not Exist Because He Can't Be Seen / What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whose Claim Do You Believe? God Or Satan? by bingbagbo(m): 12:12pm On May 21, 2021
In Psalm 50:12, God claims ownership of the world and everything therein. Mind you, God makes this claim thousands of years after Adam's sin in the garden

KJV
If I were hungry, I would not tell thee: for the world is mine, and the fulness thereof.
ESV
"If I were hungry, I would not tell you, for the world and its fullness are mine.
NLT
If I were hungry, I would not tell you, for all the world is mine and everything in it.

Fast Forward... Thousands of years later, Satan claimed that the world was his in Mathew 4 , let's see

Matthew 4:8-10

[8]Again, the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.

[9]And he said to Him, “All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me.”
[10]Then Jesus said to him, “Away with you, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.’ ”

God says He owns the world in Psalm 50:12 and Satan lays same claim in Matthew 4. Whose report/claim do you believe? Remember, God cannot lie.

Those who claim, Adam handed his Dominion Authority over the earth when he sinned in the garden to Satan should show us that verse where this transaction took place.
Re: Whose Claim Do You Believe? God Or Satan? by bingbagbo(m): 12:14pm On May 21, 2021
Psalms 24:1-2

[1] The earth is the Lord’s, and all its fullness, The world and those who dwell therein.

[2] For He has founded it upon the seas, And established it upon the waters.
Re: Whose Claim Do You Believe? God Or Satan? by bingbagbo(m): 12:19pm On May 21, 2021
There are cults who don't vote during elections because they claim, the worlds system of governance is of Satan. Every world system is of Satan, education, politics, IT, internet etc are all from Satan. Yet, these hypocrites apply for jobs with government institutions, they seek the help of the police and seek justice in court. If these institutions are from Satan, then why would they utilize same? Besides, what does the word of God say about earthly institutions?

Romans 13:1-2

[1] Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God.
[2] Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves.
Re: Whose Claim Do You Believe? God Or Satan? by Hotshisha: 12:33pm On May 21, 2021
God created the world but Devils and demons control it
Re: Whose Claim Do You Believe? God Or Satan? by bingbagbo(m): 12:41pm On May 21, 2021
Hotshisha:

Daniel 4:34-35
[34] And at the end of the time I, Nebuchadnezzar, lifted my eyes to heaven, and my understanding returned to me; and I blessed the Most High and praised and honored Him who lives forever: For His dominion is an everlasting dominion, And His kingdom is from generation to generation.

[35] All the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing; He does according to His will in the army of heaven And among the inhabitants of the earth. No one can restrain His hand Or say to Him, “What have You done?”

Daniel 4:17,34-35
[17] ‘This decision is by the decree of the watchers, And the sentence by the word of the holy ones, In order that the living may know That the Most High rules in the kingdom of men, Gives it to whomever He will, And sets over it the lowest of men.’

Do you understand control? Lol
Re: Whose Claim Do You Believe? God Or Satan? by DappaD: 1:12pm On May 21, 2021
OP, you keep badgering Daniel 4:17 everywhere as if you really understand what the Scripture means. God definitely rules in the affairs of men but NOT all men because not everyone is subjecting themselves to his authority.
“God-rule” is known as Theocracy which puts Jehovah as the Universal Head, before Jesus his Son as head over the congregation of God’s people(Ephesians 1:22) so the “men” whom God is ruling are those in the congregation who are doing his will. Matthew 12:49-50, Luke 11:28

As for the rest of the men who reject God’s rule, they’ve invented all sorts of governments that go contrary to God’s way of ruling. That’s why you have democracy, monarchy, communism, oligarchy—forms of governments that span across different nations and empires. But God’s Word says that soon his own Kingdom will demolish and completely extinguish all those worthless forms of governments(Daniel 2:44) that do nothing but bring pain and suffering to mankind(Ecclesiastes 8:9, Revelation 11:18) but for now he is tolerating them to have their way over the earth. Romans 13:1-2

That’s why Jesus had nothing to do with the earthly kingdoms/governments in his day(John 6:15) because their source of ruling is from Satan the Devil(Luke 4:6, John 12:31) and that his own Kingdom was no part of this world. John 18:36

So if you can’t take Jesus’ word for it, I have no further words for you. Perhaps you’re among those looting national treasury or benefiting from those who are so you want to deceive yourself that God is the one in charge while you commit dastardly deeds and you’re very upset that someone is calling you out and telling you that you’re operating under Satan’s authority. Revelation 12:9

I have one question for you though. If the governments of the earth are controlled by God, why would the “kings of the earth” and high-ranking men want to fight the Lamb, Jesus Christ? Revelation 16:14-16, 17:14, 19:15-21
Does that make any sense to you?
Re: Whose Claim Do You Believe? God Or Satan? by ChristisGod: 2:01pm On May 21, 2021
DappaD:
OP, you keep badgering Daniel 4:17 everywhere as if you really understand what the Scripture means. God definitely rules in the affairs of men but NOT all men because not everyone is subjecting themselves to his authority.
“God-rule” is known as Theocracy which puts Jehovah as the Universal Head, before Jesus his Son as head over the congregation of God’s people(Ephesians 1:22) so the “men” whom God is ruling are those in the congregation who are doing his will. Matthew 12:49-50, Luke 11:28

As for the rest of the men who reject God’s rule, they’ve invented all sorts of governments that go contrary to God’s way of ruling. That’s why you have democracy, monarchy, communism, oligarchy—forms of governments that span across different nations and empires. But God’s Word says that soon his own Kingdom will demolish and completely extinguish all those worthless forms of governments(Daniel 2:44) that do nothing but bring pain and suffering to mankind(Ecclesiastes 8:9, Revelation 11:18) but for now he is tolerating them to have their way over the earth. Romans 13:1-2

That’s why Jesus had nothing to do with the earthly kingdoms/governments in his day(John 6:15) because their source of ruling is from Satan the Devil(Luke 4:6, John 12:31) and that his own Kingdom was no part of this world. John 18:36

So if you can’t take Jesus’ word for it, I have no further words for you. Perhaps you’re among those looting national treasury or benefiting from those who are so you want to deceive yourself that God is the one in charge while you commit dastardly deeds and you’re very upset that someone is calling you out and telling you that you’re operating under Satan’s authority. Revelation 12:9

I have one question for you though. If the governments of the earth are controlled by God, why would the “kings of the earth” and high-ranking men want to fight the Lamb, Jesus Christ? Revelation 16:14-16, 17:14, 19:15-21
Does that make any sense to you?

Daniel 4:17
[17] ‘This decision is by the decree of the watchers, And the sentence by the word of the holy ones, In order that the living may know That the Most High rules in the kingdom of men, Gives it to whomever He will, And sets over it the lowest of men.’
Re: Whose Claim Do You Believe? God Or Satan? by ChristisGod: 2:47pm On May 21, 2021
838eigt:
[s][/s]

Bro, what's your take on the op?
Re: Whose Claim Do You Believe? God Or Satan? by Kobojunkie: 2:51pm On May 21, 2021
Hotshisha:
Can you provide a reference for this statement, preferably a biblical one? undecided

1 Like

Re: Whose Claim Do You Believe? God Or Satan? by AntiChristian: 2:58am On May 22, 2021
It's hard for many Christian to believe that Yahweh brings both prosperity and calamity.

Check Isaiah 45:7.

Hence they accuse demons and devil as if their God is unaware!
Re: Whose Claim Do You Believe? God Or Satan? by DappaD: 6:55pm On May 22, 2021
ChristisGod:

Daniel 4:17

And who are you again?

(1) (Reply)

The reason religion still linger / Pope Francis Meets ''Spider-Man'' At Weekly Audience In Vatican (Photos) / "Women Is My Only Problem: Pastor Chris Teaching

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.