Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,725 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Process Canadian Spousal Sponsorship With Wedding Certificate From Any Registry - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Process Canadian Spousal Sponsorship With Wedding Certificate From Any Registry (1017 Views)

USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Process Canadian Spousal Sponsorship With Wedding Certificate From Any Registry by dejispot: 1:55pm On May 21, 2021
Hello Guys

I need a clarification. Can all marriage registries in Nigeria process wedding certificate that will be internationally recognized. I got different opinions guys. Some people are saying that the wedding certificate from Ikoyi is the only international recognized certificate fit for immigration while other parties are saying that all registries are now internationally recognized.

I want to process Canadian spousal sponsorship and my wedding is suppose to hold outside Lagos, must i do registry documentation in Ikoyi or can do it in any registry close to my location outside Lagos. I was told that verification by embassies are now done online.

I need help on this.
Thank you guys!
Re: Process Canadian Spousal Sponsorship With Wedding Certificate From Any Registry by Romanoff(f): 1:58pm On May 21, 2021
Not only Ikoyi, any Federal Marriage Registry will do.

Just make sure it's not a local government registry but a Federal one.

They are the Federal Marriage Registries in Ikoyi, Lagos State; Abuja, Federal Capital Territory; Benin, Edo State; Owerri, Imo State; Port Harcourt, Rivers State; Kano, Kano State; Jos, Plateau State, Enugu, Enugu; Kaduna, Kaduna; Ibadan, Oyo State; Ikeja, Lagos State, and Makurdi, Benue State.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Process Canadian Spousal Sponsorship With Wedding Certificate From Any Registry by Bunmijab: 7:56pm On May 22, 2021
Good evening guys

Please i did my wedding at ikoyi about two months ago but now I don't know how to do change of name on my international passport and I want to apply for Canadian study permit

Please help a sister
Re: Process Canadian Spousal Sponsorship With Wedding Certificate From Any Registry by Upeople: 6:38am On May 23, 2021
dejispot:
Hello Guys

I need a clarification. Can all marriage registries in Nigeria process wedding certificate that will be internationally recognized. I got different opinions guys. Some people are saying that the wedding certificate from Ikoyi is the only international recognized certificate fit for immigration while other parties are saying that all registries are now internationally recognized.

I want to process Canadian spousal sponsorship and my wedding is suppose to hold outside Lagos, must i do registry documentation in Ikoyi or can do it in any registry close to my location outside Lagos. I was told that verification by embassies are now done online.

I need help on this.
Thank you guys!
Marriage is marriage whether at federal or local registry. The onus is on you to proof that you guys are truly married. I know of someone that used marriage certificate from ikoyi & the VO doubted the genuineness of the marriage. A friend used oredo local govt registry in benin city & there were no problems with his application. You can submit wedding pictures, flight tickets, entry & exit stamps along with the marriage certificate to show that the spouse was actually in Nigeria for the marriage
Re: Process Canadian Spousal Sponsorship With Wedding Certificate From Any Registry by Bunmijab: 2:34pm On May 23, 2021
Bunmijab:
Good evening guys

Please i did my wedding at ikoyi about two months ago but now I don't know how to do change of name on my international passport and I want to apply for Canadian study permit

Please help a sister

A response would really be appreciated
Thanks in advance

(1) (Reply)

A Side Of Ghana I Never Knew Existed! (video) / Student Visa To Dènmark / Dear lagosians, how do I get from festac to ago palace way and cost of transport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.