Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,067 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:54 PM

FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road (18956 Views)

FG Releases ₦2.5 Billion For Deplorable Eleme-One Section Of East West Road / People's Reactions As Tinubu Releases 7-point Agenda For Rebuilding Nigeria / FG Releases ₦20 Billion For The East-West Road Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by SATANICALLY: 2:54pm On May 21, 2021
The Federal Government has released a total sum of N7 billion for the completion of the East-West highway dualisation projects.

The government, while releasing the money to the contractors handling the projects, urged them to comply with the directives in order to complete and hand over the project to the people of the region before the end of the First Quarter 2022.

The Minister of State, Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs, Senator Omotayo Alasoadura, disclosed this at the inspection of the East-West road from Section II Sub Section II, Ahoada – Kaima, to Section II Sub Section I, Eleme Junction – Ahoada, and Section IIIA, Eleme Junction – Onne Port Junction, in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

Sen. Alasoadura inspected various sites to ascertain the progress of work on the East West Road. At Ahoada – Kaima Section II Sub Section II, he observed that due to the bad terrain, huge volume of earthwork is ongoing to stabilize the soil to accommodate suitable materials for road construction, while Sub-section l is near completion. He projected that Ahoada-Kaima Section II is expected to be commissioned soon.

At Obikwere flyover, the site contractor informed the Minister of the failed drainage system which has caused constant water retention around the corridor, adding that the proposal to correct the anomaly would be sent to the Ministry for approval.

In inspection of Section IIIA, the Minister said that the contract was awarded to ensure safe and efficient movement of traffic along the already dualized 15KM stretch of the Highway from the Onne Port Refinery, Eleme Petrochemicals and other industries along the highway by eliminating traffic bottlenecks and ensuring well drained and durable road.

Senator Alasoadura added that the completion of the East-West road is a major priority of this present administration to see to the end of the completion, a project which was awarded 20 years ago even if it involves borrowing.

While inspecting, the Minister decried the alarming state of the Aleto Bridge in Section IIIA of the East-West road and sought urgent attention to fix it, before it collapses.

“We have to put all our resources, energy and goodwill together to ensure that it is urgently reconstructed for the movement of goods and services that will benefit the people of region and the nation at large”, he added.

Responding to the Minister, the Chief Engineer, Reynolds Construction Company Nigeria Limited, RCC, Zavontenik Igor, said the Contract was awarded in December 1st, 2014, at the Contract sum of N43, 869,381,730.23 with a completion period of 24 months as additional works to the dualization of the East-West road of Section III Contract using direct procurement method but nothing was done before the present Administration took over.

Speaking further, he maintained that fund constraints and increase of the overhead costs has caused the slow pace of work. He therefore assured the Minister that the project will be completed within the stipulated time if the company is mobilized on time with the required capital.

The President-General of the Ogoni Youths Federation (OYF), Comrade Legborsi Yamaabana, appealed to the Minister to order the Contractors in charge of the project to speedily commence payment of compensation to affected families during the cause of expansion and dualization of the East-West road for peace to reign.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/05/fg-releases-n7b-for-completion-of-east-west-road/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by Simplyleo: 2:54pm On May 21, 2021
I think there is actually the need for restructuring especially in the areas of financing.

Fed govt projects on states should be based on revenues generated from those states. undecided

Imagine, Lagos alone generated 429b for the fed govt in 1 year and Lagos be receiving averagely same allocation with Imo. undecided

94 Likes 12 Shares

Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by Bola146(f): 2:57pm On May 21, 2021
Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by complexBoss12: 2:58pm On May 21, 2021
Somebody will create topic and use another of his monikers to be ftc. even the one below, na the same person.

besides na who get time dey reply BMC

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by PissfulProtester: 3:06pm On May 21, 2021
Simplyleo:
I think there is actually the need for restructuring especially in the areas of financing.

Fed govt projects on states should be based on revenues generated from those states. undecided

Imagine, Lagos alone generated 429b for the fed govt in 1 year and Lagos be receiving averagely same allocation with Imo. undecided
God bless you..

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by leofab(f): 3:06pm On May 21, 2021
Imagine
Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by Simplyleo: 3:12pm On May 21, 2021
complexBoss12:
Somebody will create topic and use another of his monikers to be ftc

besides na who get time dey reply BMC

SATANICALLY, is this true? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by BigDawsNet: 3:13pm On May 21, 2021
Oh great

I hope it goes to the right hands with no division
Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by Cholls(m): 3:13pm On May 21, 2021
My brothers and sisters wow our brothers in the east are remembered this week by Federal Government oooo

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by batista181(m): 3:13pm On May 21, 2021
We hope is real I still believe in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by LoudLord(m): 3:13pm On May 21, 2021
Won ma loot ee nii
Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by iamyemiakins(m): 3:14pm On May 21, 2021
I just hope they won't embezzle most of the money and use substandard materials that will invite erosion

2 Likes

Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 21, 2021
angry... Na Buhari Train we wan !

3 Likes

Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by merits(m): 3:14pm On May 21, 2021
grin Audio release shocked
Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by Lanre4uonly(m): 3:14pm On May 21, 2021
Ok. I do hope it would be completed in due time.
Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by aspabay(m): 3:14pm On May 21, 2021
Buhari the completer general.

Haters oya see some wrong with this as usual

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by PussyKing(m): 3:14pm On May 21, 2021
cheesy

Major cash out for Lootimi Amaechi
Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by LordErrk: 3:15pm On May 21, 2021
BigDawsNet:
Oh great

I hope it goes to the right hands with no division

Lol grin
Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by salbis(m): 3:15pm On May 21, 2021
This may be audio release oo. Watch out!
Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by aspabay(m): 3:15pm On May 21, 2021
Sincerely Buhari is doing well for Nigeria.

Let him just deal with security and he will leave indelible mark in Nigeria.

God bless Nigeria

12 Likes

Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by aspabay(m): 3:15pm On May 21, 2021
APC doing wonders.

What PDP could not do.

5 Likes

Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by TimmyTen(m): 3:15pm On May 21, 2021
Ok
Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by henryadex(m): 3:16pm On May 21, 2021
It's long overdue
Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by Teejay13(m): 3:16pm On May 21, 2021
Another opportunity to syphon some fund.

That's how they will be doing budget padding on top of one particular project
Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by aspabay(m): 3:16pm On May 21, 2021
PussyKing:
cheesy

Major cash out for Lootimi Amaechi

Not everyone is short sighted or corrupt like you

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu TO CAN: I Have Not Islamized My Family, I Will Not Islamize Nigeria / Oseloka Obaze: We Will Kick BATISTS And APC Out, And Nigerians Will Rejoice / Benue Bans Open Grazing Of Cattle, Stipulates 5-year-jail Term, N1m Fine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.