Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,723 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road (18973 Views)

People's Reactions As Tinubu Releases 7-point Agenda For Rebuilding Nigeria / FG Releases ₦20 Billion For The East-West Road Project / INEC Fixes 20th March For Completion Of Rivers Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by mapet: 4:02pm On May 21, 2021
integrity16:
How many times would they be budgeting billions to complete east west road??

I cannot count the number of times the PDP administration budgeted several billions to complete that road, it is still not completed.

Now APC is doing their own budgeting for the same road. Nigeria is just so blessed with corrupt leaders and citizens.

Nigeria is also blessed with people with a yawing gap of comprehension deficit.... How did "release" become reverse-translated to "budgeting"?

1 Like

Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by franksam209: 4:03pm On May 21, 2021
Simplyleo:
I think there is actually the need for restructuring especially in the areas of financing.

Fed govt projects on states should be based on revenues generated from those states. undecided

Imagine, Lagos alone generated 429b for the fed govt in 1 year and Lagos be receiving averagely same allocation with Imo. undecided
and in your mind you think Lagos was able to achieve this without the help of the federal government and people from imo state right?
Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by mapet: 4:04pm On May 21, 2021
Validated:

Bros, Imo sustains Lagos. If Imo is allowed to control her oil and HUGE gas resource, Lagos would be subservient to Imo. Check facts before you post.
Anyhow, Nigeria need to divide into South and North, thereafter, those who want Oodua and those who want Biafra can make their respective demands. Restructuring is another SCAM.

Conjectures are "Free-to-Air"
Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by Bluntemperor: 4:04pm On May 21, 2021
Teejay13:
Another opportunity to syphon some fund.

That's how they will be doing budget padding on top of one particular project

This is good news,for now and until completed, stakeholders should monitor what is happening there!
We are also calling on Him.Fashola- Min of Workdyto find out what is happyon Ikorodu Shagamu Road that has been abandoned their is no single Contractor Workers on the Site.
This road was awarded to Messr Arab Contractors since 2-years ago,yet not even 5% of the Project is completed but why?
We passed through the place this week,it was a terrific experience!
Why should Federal Govt launched out a Project, for the Public only for the same People suffering due to abandonement?
Please,do something urgently.
Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by aspabay(m): 4:05pm On May 21, 2021
nograv:

If you work with me, I pay you 1 kobo for your work, but pay 1000 Naira to my family for the same work
Would you be happy?? Mtchew

Nothing excites you, nothing makes you happy, nothing will ever make you happy.
Live sad and hateful
Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by integrity16(m): 4:11pm On May 21, 2021
mapet:

Nigeria is also blessed with people with a yawing gap of comprehension deficit.... How did "release" become reverse-translated to "budgeting"?

You are a fool! Was the funds not budgeted for before it's release? CORRUPT NIGERIAN.
Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by arsenal33: 4:11pm On May 21, 2021
iamyemiakins:
I just hope they won't embezzle most of the money and use substandard materials that will invite erosion
it is not PDP the audio projects party

1 Like

Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by Simplyleo: 4:16pm On May 21, 2021
integrity16:

You are a fool! Was the funds not budgeted for before it's release? CORRUPT NIGERIAN.
Where is the insult coming from.

Delete this before mynd44 lalasticlala see it.
Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by Chirowman(m): 4:16pm On May 21, 2021
Good one
Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by andysnoopy(m): 4:17pm On May 21, 2021
Simplyleo:
I think there is actually the need for restructuring especially in the areas of financing.

Fed govt projects on states should be based on revenues generated from those states. undecided

Imagine, Lagos alone generated 429b for the fed govt in 1 year and Lagos be receiving averagely same allocation with Imo. undecided

You have two children, one of whom you decided to develop by sending him to the best schools in the world , while the other you neglected to educate and develop. Who would you expect to pay your bills when you're old and need the two kids? Mr. Lagos & Imo State shocked shocked shocked
Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by daddytime(m): 4:18pm On May 21, 2021
wink2015:
SHAME ON EX-PRESIDENT JONATHAN.

A very huge shame.

I applaud this administration on this.
Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by integrity16(m): 4:19pm On May 21, 2021
Simplyleo:

Where is the insult coming from.

Delete this before mynd44 lalasticlala see it.

Hello? Didn't you see his quote? That I had comprehension deficit?? He insulted me first.
Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by Masterito(m): 4:20pm On May 21, 2021
Where did you get lie from from? I urge to paste allocation of both states here. Also it will be nice to compare Lagos and Osun. Imo is an oil producing state.
Simplyleo:

Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by Miracle1991: 4:21pm On May 21, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Good news. Hope they'd not have to start from the beginning because that road is out of shape already. If that Road were to be in the north, it would have been completed a long time ago. Something is wrong with southern leaders
I only pity the children that God bless you with.

1 Like

Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by Nobody: 4:36pm On May 21, 2021
Simplyleo:

Let it be based on region...
Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by Ryan14(m): 4:39pm On May 21, 2021
7billion that's not even enough to construct 7km road in FCT.

All the 33trillion borrowed in the past 4yrs there's no tangible project to show for in the South South and Southeast regions. And you want people to be happy with that?

Implement the #2014CONFAB reports now!
Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by omohayek: 5:06pm On May 21, 2021
MyexamsHUB:

But if its done that way; some states will be far left behind
Most Nigerian "states" have no business being in existence in the first place. It's precisely because most state government funding comes in the form of FG grants rather than through IGR that the states are so unresponsive to what their citizens want. If state governments needed their residents taxes to survive, they would put a lot more effort into making sure those residents earned enough to be able to pay taxes in the first place. On the other side, state residents would pay a lot more attention to how state revenues are spent if they knew it was their own money being wasted.

At a bare minimum, state funding needs to move to matching grants, with the FG contributing something like N1 for every N2 each state raises internally. All "states" unable to survive even with this 33% budget subsidy would then either have to dramatically raise their IGR, or admit they're insolvent and merge with one of their neighbors. The current "federal allocation" is simply a disguised dole system, robbing a few productive southern states to subsidise useless "state" governments and their job schemes for families, friends and followers of their governors.

1 Like

Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by Brightale(f): 5:11pm On May 21, 2021
Masterito:
Where did you get lie from from? I urge to paste allocation of both states here. Also it will be nice to compare Lagos and Osun. Imo is an oil producing state.
LOL, please post it here let's see. Oils bring money true, but tourism, tax etc brings in more, especially now that a barrel of crude oil is less than 30k
Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by Brightale(f): 5:16pm On May 21, 2021
ottohan:

Amaechi caught your fulani sister granting Dangote tax waivers after giving her blowjobs despite that....he is still owing ₦600b...these pple are just daft.
He is igbo bro, read his previous comments, those people ti ya
Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by Brightale(f): 5:18pm On May 21, 2021
Dymaco:

Hypocrite
Why restructure only on finance? Why not full restructuring or division straight?
Read his post he never said part restructuring, don't be blind
Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by MummyD2020(f): 5:27pm On May 21, 2021
Where is all these money coming from bikonu? Nigeria is broke?
Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by Eriokanmi: 5:32pm On May 21, 2021
Miracle1991:
I only pity the children that God bless you with.
I'd rather advise you pity yourself instead. You quoted me out of context, obviously
Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by nuruajao: 5:54pm On May 21, 2021
I Wonder o
Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by ojobek: 5:56pm On May 21, 2021
Nothing is released,that section of the road has been flag off more than 8 times.Akpabio was in our yard 5 months ago only to come and collect envelop,this one now.if you know,you know.
mapet:

Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by ojobek: 5:59pm On May 21, 2021
Agreed,what is 7 billion
Ryan14:
7billion that's not even enough to construct 7km road in FCT.

All the 33trillion borrowed in the past 4yrs there's no tangible project to show for in the South South and Southeast regions. And you want people to be happy with that?

Implement the #2014CONFAB reports now!

1 Like

Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by Dymaco(m): 6:04pm On May 21, 2021
Brightale:
Read his post he never said part restructuring, don't be blind
He said restructuring on finance. Can you see it on his post
Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by erico2k2(m): 6:12pm On May 21, 2021
Simplyleo:

Exactly,
Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by nograv: 7:30pm On May 21, 2021
aspabay:

Nothing excites you, nothing makes you happy, nothing will ever make you happy.
Live sad and hateful

I am very happy, I just see through northern lies...

You would love for me to believe the lie of one Nigeria, that the average Northerner does doesn’t engage in ethnic nepotism..

I will be even happier when you separate from the south and found your theocratic arewa republic.. We will be the India to your Pakistan..
Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by Jokkarm2: 7:43pm On May 21, 2021
That project has stayed more than 10 years without completion, even Good luck Jonathan that was suppose to finish the job could not do it. This project should be given to Julius berger and give them time , it will be done and dusted. Giving it to useless setraco is not advisable , they will still be working till 2050. Weldon Buhari for this project

1 Like

Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by Okoroawusa: 8:29pm On May 21, 2021
I Love PMB
Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by mapet: 8:50am On May 22, 2021
ojobek:
Nothing is released,that section of the road has been flag off more than 8 times.Akpabio was in our yard 5 months ago only to come and collect envelop,this one now.if you know,you know.

and I am supposed to believe you because you are ?
Re: FG Releases ₦7 Billion For Completion Of East-West Road by mapet: 8:52am On May 22, 2021
integrity16:

well that is if you knew the difference between budget and release....and your weak attempt at hiding your folly.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obi’s Egypt Trip Will Benefit Nigerians Whether He Is President Or Not- Spokesma / Gunmen Hide Under Biafra Agitation To Kill In South-east – Army / Lagos Opens The First ISO-Certified Government-Owned Laboratory In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.