Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,642 members, 7,809,410 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC (27773 Views)

Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July / Nigerians To Submit Phone IDs In Three Months - NCC / How To Track An Iphone With Te Imei (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by BruncleZuma: 7:18pm On May 21, 2021
grin grin grin grin

I see the first 11 are out in full force...defending stupidity.

There's no need to submit your IMEI to the government nah violation of your privacy.
Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by MOVIC6: 7:19pm On May 21, 2021
There one 1000 ways to die on earth but millions ways to die in Nigeria
Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by Biafranboys: 7:19pm On May 21, 2021
Freedom of speech restricted: According to Decree Number 2 of 1984, the state security and the chief of staff were given the power to detain, without charges, individuals deemed to be a security risk to the state for up to three months. Strikes and popular demonstrations were banned and Nigeria's security agency, the National Security Organization (NSO) was entrusted with unprecedented powers. The NSO played a wide role in the cracking down of public dissent by intimidating, harassing, and jailing individuals who broke the interdiction on strikes. By October 1984, about 200,000 civil servants were retrenched. Buhari mounted an offensive against entrenched interests.

https://www.biafranboys.org/buhari-can-leopard-change-its-spots
Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by Hotzone(m): 7:20pm On May 21, 2021
Not under the leadership of pantami
Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by YoungAncient1: 7:20pm On May 21, 2021
CilicMarin:
Anything that would lead to the decimation of all terrorists is welcomed by me.

God bless Baba Buhari
the only thing that will lead to this decimation is if you and buhari lead the charge against the terrorists from the front
Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by Masterito(m): 7:22pm On May 21, 2021
Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by thaoriginator: 7:22pm On May 21, 2021
MASTAkiLLAh:
such equipments have been on ground at least since GEJ's era. It's what police use in tracking kidnappers for example. The DSS also has them and that's why I try as much as possible to only buy new phones instead of second hand no matter how tempting the offer is, I personally know someone languishing in jail now with a robbery case hanging on his neck for being in possession of a stolen phone. The idea is good, the personnel behind it is what people are afraid of
It's like the work of a MASTA!

The Triumph!

1 Like

Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by AMINDA: 7:22pm On May 21, 2021
Biafranboys:
They could see we rejected it, el buhari is a dictator he did the same thing in 1983 where his notorious NSO Now DSS used decree 4 to hold people and do you know buhari was called El buhari in 1985 because of famine? Even soyinka wrote a book in 2007 titled the crimes of buhari, why people voted for the failure beats my imagination.buhari is a leopard that can never change

Read before commenting. They are simply telling you to your face that the news was false because you do not have the luxury of rejecting it. They already have your IMEI whether you like it or not! Go to court and remain there!

1 Like

Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by Abc2Z: 7:25pm On May 21, 2021
They can easily get the IMEI if they are serious about it without informing us.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by erico2k2(m): 7:25pm On May 21, 2021
TGM2015:

https://www.ncc.gov.ng/media-centre/news-headlines/1004-press-statement-subscribers-not-required-to-submit-international-mobile-equipment-identity-imei-number
like seriously? why can't they just register IME numbers instead of SIm cards? that way one can just lock their phone once stolen and making IME manipulation illegal!
Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by erico2k2(m): 7:26pm On May 21, 2021
Abc2Z:
They can easily get the IMEI if they are serious about it without informing us.[color=#990000][/color]
wont that be unlawful? in fact it will o only come with the registered SIm. so you cant put someone else's SIm in another phone!
Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by ssachosam8: 7:26pm On May 21, 2021
Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by realray(m): 7:27pm On May 21, 2021
wonderful, dem don twist am now now....

1 Like

Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by Biafranboys: 7:27pm On May 21, 2021
AMINDA:

Read before commenting. They are simply telling you to your face that the news was false because you do not have the luxury of rejecting it. They already have your IMEI whether you like it or not! Go to court and remain there!

We are not all slow like you, the News is correct they wanted to test us, look I know buhari and what he did in 1983 and I remember by fav musician fela when he talked about missing billions of dollars under the same buhari

2 Likes

Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by Kessythegeek(m): 7:28pm On May 21, 2021
Anyone interested in a free Jumia Voucher Code?

Use this: JMSTYLER

it gives you a 10% off when you buy anything on the Jumia App
Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by Lighthammer(m): 7:28pm On May 21, 2021
I'll rather slither away to mogadishu than submitting it
Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by ceejayluv(m): 7:29pm On May 21, 2021
MAGG0T:
cheesy

After submitting your IMEI...those idiots doesn't know u can still change it..once you root your fon...how dumb Pantami and his terrorist cohorts are.
Until you change it to a number of a device that's linked to terrorism or robbery case and you get tracked.

1 Like

Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by 25ahmad(m): 7:30pm On May 21, 2021
InaNla:
[s][/s]

What concerns GEJ era with the current terrorists in Aso rock?

Ngene.. the chief janjanweerd.
and Chief UG
Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by erico2k2(m): 7:30pm On May 21, 2021
MASTAkiLLAh:
such equipments have been on ground at least since GEJ's era. It's what police use in tracking kidnappers for example. The DSS also has them and that's why I try as much as possible to only buy new phones instead of second hand no matter how tempting the offer is, I personally know someone languishing in jail now with a robbery case hanging on his neck for being in possession of a stolen phone. The idea is good, the personnel behind it is what people are afraid of
Point of correction, You cannot track IME number, however you cant track a phone fru its Signals it Emits or SIm card,because we register SIM cards so the name on the SIM card is what they go for.However, if they were to enforce IME crackdown as per stolen phones it means all network in Nigeria will blacklist such mobile phones' IME number so there will be no service on such network
Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by blackgig(m): 7:30pm On May 21, 2021
ivolt:

Immediately you insert a SIM into your phone, your IMEI will be sent to the service provider.
It is not a new process, the government just want to start getting the data and linking it to other biometrics.

Don't be ignorant, the government already have your IMEI.

Don't mind them, everyone wants to have an opinion.
Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 21, 2021
I can't believe how caring this government has suddenly become. They want to to gather such sensitive and personal data to help us keep our phones safe. How caring

1 Like

Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by Btruth: 7:31pm On May 21, 2021
O better. .....before we spoil government face.

Lol
Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by Lexusgs430: 7:31pm On May 21, 2021
I already said so much....... I wondered how and why, about this supposed backward thinking..... cheesy
Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by erico2k2(m): 7:31pm On May 21, 2021
MAGG0T:
cheesy

After submitting your IMEI...those idiots doesn't know u can still change it..once you root your fon...how dumb Pantami and his terrorist cohorts are.
This is truem but it is not an easy process and it must be a phone with network.
Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by FBIBOT(m): 7:32pm On May 21, 2021
grin You want to have the only location tag of people in your pocket.... What were you thinking... Make tracking/flagging of stolen phones with imei cheaper and stop this useless talk... Anyone that lost his or her phone can track it....
Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by lexy2014: 7:32pm On May 21, 2021
CilicMarin:

God bless Baba Buhari

What IMEI got to do with decimation of terrorists?
Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by Ate247(m): 7:32pm On May 21, 2021
ivolt:

Immediately you insert a SIM into your phone, your IMEI will be sent to the service provider.
It is not a new process, the government just want to start getting the data and linking it to other biometrics.
Oga your talking rubbish. There only use sim identification module not phone. I had a kidnapped case and the police could not track anything. Even after all the money we paid. This is Nigerian and not America.

There can go metaphysical but if its technology its failure for Nigeria.
Don't be ignorant, the government already have your IMEI.
Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by Nobody: 7:32pm On May 21, 2021
jlinkd78:
They couldn't stand the backlash. However we still need explanations how they intend to capture d numbers automatically without the consent of d phone device owner. Biometrics were captured on multiple exercises and d FG can't harness d data so collated into building an impenetrable security architecture but are hoping to use numbers they are going to capture "automatically" to achieve maximum security. APC is a fraud

If you are using mymtn app, by going into your profile you will see that your IMEI number will be displayed. This means network providers have access to your IMEI without you knowing.

1 Like

Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by lexy2014: 7:34pm On May 21, 2021
ceejayluv:

Until you change it to a number of a device that's linked to terrorism or robbery case and you get tracked.

Which phone has Gumi and federal govt been using to call bandits, Bokoharam and killer herdsmen. Y haven't they been tracked?

1 Like

Re: Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC by Jostoman: 7:35pm On May 21, 2021
CilicMarin:

God bless Baba Buhari
anything that will Nigerians to say no to your baba evil agenda is welcome.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy A7 2018 Vs Huawei Y9 2019 Speed Test & RAM Management (photos) / Where Are Samsung Phones Made? / New Handwriting Keyboard From Google For Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.