Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,873 members, 7,841,281 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

Who Else Do You Have But God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Else Do You Have But God? (296 Views)

Why Jehovah Witnesses Reject Blood Transfusion But God Created Eve Used Adam Rib / Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! / It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Else Do You Have But God? by achanyaene: 8:11pm On May 21, 2021
Hannah’s story teaches us that even a good person can have unmet expectations. You have asked, sought and knocked the door without any answer.
You have at a point given up hope, hoped and given up again.
You have also wondered why God will keep blessing the unrighteous without much effort.
Why is God silent you wonder? Why hasn’t he answered you cry?
Who else do you have beside God?
Three people had the same response to challenging situations and the end result was the same depending on their expectation.
1. David “My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever.”‭‭Psalms‬ ‭73: 26
2. Paul “Indeed, we felt within ourselves that we had received the sentence of death [and were convinced that we would die, but this happened] so that we would not trust in ourselves, but in God who raises the dead.” 2 Corinthians 1:9
3. Hannah.
“The adversaries of the LORD will be broken to pieces; He will thunder against them in the heavens, The LORD will judge the ends of the earth; And He will give strength to His king, And will exalt the horn (strength) of His anointed.””
‭‭1 Samuel‬ ‭2:10‬ ‭AMP‬‬
The answer to difficult situation is absolute trust in God and it takes inner strength to continually hope in God. Every time you spend not trusting God, you are thrown into bitterness and sorrow.
* prayer is a way of showing our dependence on God.
You will be strengthened to continually hope in God who I know never fails.
Like everyone of this persons mentioned you will handle your expectations.
God has never failed.
Re: Who Else Do You Have But God? by Kobojunkie: 6:20am On May 22, 2021
achanyaene:
Hannah’s story teaches us that even a good person can have unmet expectations. You have asked, sought and knocked the door without any answer.
You have at a point given up hope, hoped and given up again.
You have also wondered why God will keep blessing the unrighteous without much effort.
Why is God silent you wonder? Why hasn’t he answered you cry?
Who else do you have beside God?
The answer to difficult situation is absolute trust in God and it takes inner strength to continually hope in God. Every time you spend not trusting God, you are thrown into bitterness and sorrow.
* prayer is a way of showing our dependence on God.
You will be strengthened to continually hope in God who I know never fails.
Like everyone of this persons mentioned you will handle your expectations.
God has never failed.
Any one who has read the Bible will note that God's approach to answering of prayers in the Old Covenant is so much more different than His approach as shown us through the examples of Jesus Christ in His New Covenant. So what does a New Covenant believer gain from consulting Old Covenant ezamples where Jesus Christ declares that He alone is the answer we seek? undecided

Doesn't a seem a little too much like trying to fit bicycle wheels(Old Covenant ideas) on a Ferrari(New Covenant life) ? undecided
Re: Who Else Do You Have But God? by achanyaene: 10:42am On May 23, 2021
undecided

Doesn't a seem a little too much like trying to fit bicycle wheels(Old Covenant ideas) on a Ferrari(New Covenant life) ? undecided[/quote]

Please, what is the new covenant way of receiving answers?
Re: Who Else Do You Have But God? by Kobojunkie: 10:46am On May 23, 2021
achanyaene:

Please, what is the new covenant way of receiving answered prayer?
Jesus Christ said you should expect to recieve everything you ask for in His Name... no unmet expectations....so long as you are a follower of His. He showed us this by His example too. undecided

(1) (Reply)

What Religion Does This Belong To? / Man Swallowed By Humpback Whale - Reminiscent Of Jonah - Reminder Of The CHRIST / Why I Left UK In 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.