Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,403 members, 7,822,844 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

University Of Abuja School Library On Fire (Video) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Abuja School Library On Fire (Video) (18110 Views)

World Communication Library On Fire, Where Is Professor Lai Oso? / DSS Shuts Abuja School, Sacks 140 Teachers Over Request For Better Welfare / University Of Abuja Lecturer Burst Into Tears After Analyzing This (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Abuja School Library On Fire (Video) by ygowon: 12:13pm On May 22, 2021
Fuk Nigeria
Re: University Of Abuja School Library On Fire (Video) by Tillatalk: 12:15pm On May 22, 2021
tauceti23:

Because AAmericans pay far more intaxes tro fund social services compared to Nigerians
Nigerians are also paying taxes but our government are siphoning it to their pockets
Re: University Of Abuja School Library On Fire (Video) by Nas23Nas: 12:18pm On May 22, 2021
Hello
Re: University Of Abuja School Library On Fire (Video) by Tillatalk: 12:18pm On May 22, 2021
superCleanworks:

Story... How many American movies have you watched this morning? Please reduce it
I don't need to watch movies to know what is happening around the world .. we see it news and YouTube is your friend if you are still doubting
Re: University Of Abuja School Library On Fire (Video) by Nobody: 12:19pm On May 22, 2021
Tillatalk:
Nigerians are also paying taxes but our government are siphoning it to their pockets

No, though i should point out that corruption is a serious issue...but it is part of the issue.

1.30% of taxable Nigerians actually pay tax..and that is largely because most Nigerians work in the infromal sector.

2.Most of the revenue we earn comes from oil. We make up any deficit with loans, unless the oil price is high to hide the deficits

3.Our tax to gdp ratio is 6.1 % and our GDP is far less than the US

All in all, we don't earn the revneue to pay for good services...unless you want us to get the GDP that the US has. And that can only be gotten by being an industrial nation that exports industrial products.
Re: University Of Abuja School Library On Fire (Video) by gregyboy(m): 12:21pm On May 22, 2021
Na my head catch fire make una nor vex too much reading
Re: University Of Abuja School Library On Fire (Video) by guru90: 12:23pm On May 22, 2021
Unknown Fire...............
Re: University Of Abuja School Library On Fire (Video) by superCleanworks(m): 12:28pm On May 22, 2021
Tillatalk:
I don't need to watch movies to know what is happening around the world .. we see it news and YouTube is your friend if you are still doubting

And you are talking to someone who only knows what is happening in my village naw. I don't even have TV and I don't know what youtube is.
You beta Calm down with your exaggeration and talk like someone who has traveled out of Nigeria and not just what they want you to see on youtube.
Re: University Of Abuja School Library On Fire (Video) by Lamasta(m): 12:29pm On May 22, 2021
Problem no dey finish for this country
Re: University Of Abuja School Library On Fire (Video) by Propheticdavid: 12:30pm On May 22, 2021
tauceti23:

No, though i should point out that corruption is a serious issue...but it is part of the issue.

1.30% of taxable Nigerians actually pay tax..and that is largely because most Nigerians work in the infromal sector.

2.Most of the revenue we earn comes from oil. We make up any deficit with loans, unless the oil price is high to hide the deficits

3.Our tax to gdp ratio is 6.1 % and our GDP is far less than the US

All in all, we don't earn the revneue to pay for good services...unless you want us to get the GDP that the US has. And that can only be gotten by being an industrial nation that exports industrial products.
baba,enough of your bullcrap...all dos money wey dem dey steal is enough...d more we earn,the more dey...tax sef embezzled...kill corrupt politicians first then we will talk about gdp and tax.
Re: University Of Abuja School Library On Fire (Video) by Nobody: 12:33pm On May 22, 2021
Propheticdavid:
baba,enough of your bullcrap...all dos money wey dem dey steal is enough...d more we earn,the more dey...tax sef embezzled...kill corrupt politicians first then we will talk about gdp and tax.

Even if we got all the money back, it would run out in a few years helping all the poor in this nation

We need an economy that continously makes money...and to get there, we need to be a manufacturing nation, not a oil dependent nation
Re: University Of Abuja School Library On Fire (Video) by Tillatalk: 12:37pm On May 22, 2021
superCleanworks:

And you are talking to someone who only knows what is happening in my village naw. I don't even have TV and I don't know what youtube is.
You beta Calm down with your exaggeration and talk like someone who has traveled out of Nigeria and not just what they want you to see on youtube.
we don't need to travel out of country to know what is happening in other countries internet is everywhere . somepeople here even dey current pass people when dey in USA sef
Re: University Of Abuja School Library On Fire (Video) by Cnach: 12:42pm On May 22, 2021
tauceti23:

Because Americans pay far more in taxes tro fund social services compared to Nigerians

The US has a tax to gdp ratio of 24.5% COMPARED TO nigeria's 6.1 %...and the GDP of the US per capita is 65.937 compared to Nigeria's 2300

If you want good services, you have to pay the tax for them, and earn the money to pay for them....and Nigeria, with its oil dependent, non-industrial economy isn't it.

See them
Old brain format
What do Nigeria pay their politicians compared to US.
U won't agree to bad governance as the cause of depreciating economy. At 21st century u are still on what they told u and not what u have really researched on. How many oil well has Ghana and have u looked at their universities before? Have u checked that places Nigeria educational certificate is rejected Ghana's must be flagged in?
Is there anybody who is working and not paying tax in this Nigeria? Can't 30million naira equip fire service in Abuja as a CT but hell no make we use am build mosque.
I congratulate people fighting for Nigeria youths, really I don't know how they cope in a country of larger percentage of shallow brain youths.
Re: University Of Abuja School Library On Fire (Video) by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 22, 2021
Cnach:

See them
Old brain format
What do Nigeria pay their politicians compared to US.
U won't agree to bad governance as the cause of depreciating economy. At 21st century u are still on what they told u and not what u have really researched on. How many oil well has Ghana and have u looked at their universities before? Have u checked that places Nigeria educational certificate is rejected Ghana's must be flagged in?
Is there anybody who is working and not paying tax in this Nigeria? Can't 30million naira equip fire service in Abuja as a CT but hell no make we use am build mosque.
I congratulate people fighting for Nigeria youths, really I don't know how they cope in a country of larger percentage of shallow brain youths.

Oh Ia gree bad governance is the problem...especially if you read my post carefully...especially the bit about changing Nigeria's economy to an industrial one.

Because that is the point of my post....Nigerians want a Porsche with the money that would buy a bicycle. If you want to earn Porsche money, you have to work for it, and remove any bad habits that prevent you from getting to it.

Good morning.
Re: University Of Abuja School Library On Fire (Video) by Odogwu2023(m): 12:46pm On May 22, 2021
Amotolongbo:
Shey Nigeria don turn hell fire ni?
hahah
Re: University Of Abuja School Library On Fire (Video) by Nnnena(f): 1:14pm On May 22, 2021

Re: University Of Abuja School Library On Fire (Video) by Dreadlock69(m): 1:23pm On May 22, 2021
I come from that zoo it's just cobra's pigs and apes in there
Re: University Of Abuja School Library On Fire (Video) by Cnach: 1:33pm On May 22, 2021
tauceti23:

Oh Ia gree bad governance is the problem...especially if you read my post carefully...especially the bit about changing Nigeria's economy to an industrial one.

Because that is the point of my post....Nigerians want a Porsche with the money that would buy a bicycle. If you want to earn Porsche money, you have to work for it, and remove any bad habits that prevent you from getting to it.

Good morning.
What do u mean?
What work is to be put in place to change Nigeria economy that the average citizens have not tried? From rearing of cow from kano to Ebonyi exceed to baking any thing seen online, just mention one. How is it the fault of the masses? What do u say about the visionless leaders whose work is to kill dreams and effort of the masses. Know that changing a country's economy is a less work of the masses and more work of the ruling class. Maybe next time u are travelling put ur eyes close to the window and check if u won't see one abandoned industry as I'm typing now I'm opposite a steel company abandoned for years. Of course they have no point reviving it bc their children need neither employment nor empowerment. Brother forget o, Nigeria matter pass two of us
Re: University Of Abuja School Library On Fire (Video) by Nobody: 1:37pm On May 22, 2021
Cnach:

What do u mean?
What work is to be put in place to change Nigeria economy that the average citizens have not tried? From rearing of cow from kano to Ebonyi exceed to barking any thing seen online, just mention one. How is it the fault of the masses? What do u say about the visionless leaders whose work is to kill dreams and effort of the masses. Know that changing a country's economy is a less work of the masses and more work of the ruling class. Maybe next time u are travelling put ur eyes close to the window and check if u won't see one abandoned industry as I'm typing now I'm opposite a steel company abandoned for years. Of course they have no point reviving it bc their children need neither employment nor empowerment. Brother forget o, Nigeria matter pass two of us

To butress my point.....here is the budget of

1.The New York fire department : 83.9 billion dollars..and they cover one city of just 25 million people..for 2020

2.The Nigeria Fire service : 22 million dolalrs for one country....of 200 million people....for 2019

Nigeria has to do more than recover loot, and fight corruption...we also have to earn more money...and we can do that by becoming like the US...an industrial scoeity with exports industrial goods and services.
Re: University Of Abuja School Library On Fire (Video) by seunayantokun(m): 1:58pm On May 22, 2021
Ineptitude and lack of adherence to standard practice ruining all.
Re: University Of Abuja School Library On Fire (Video) by naijaman2225(m): 3:15pm On May 22, 2021
'UNKNOWN MEN FIRE'... UNA TRY.
Re: University Of Abuja School Library On Fire (Video) by ofiko123(m): 8:21pm On May 22, 2021
Terrible... the school should be rebuilt as soon as possible..
Re: University Of Abuja School Library On Fire (Video) by calcal: 2:03am On May 23, 2021
tauceti23:

Because Americans pay far more in taxes tro fund social services compared to Nigerians

The US has a tax to gdp ratio of 24.5% COMPARED TO nigeria's 6.1 %...and the GDP of the US per capita is 65.937 compared to Nigeria's 2300

If you want good services, you have to pay the tax for them, and earn the money to pay for them....and Nigeria, with its oil dependent, non-industrial economy isn't it.

Modified

Budget for the New York city's fire department (one city in the USA): 89.3billion dollars.

Budget for the Nigeria fire service sadone country) : 23 million dollars.

Let that sink in people.

The zoo budget is not even up to half of the NYC fire department budget.
Re: University Of Abuja School Library On Fire (Video) by Kamalcruz(m): 2:19am On May 23, 2021
Amotolongbo:
Shey Nigeria don turn hell fire ni?

https:///IATCPfkt8TPIy76LEz9j6n
Re: University Of Abuja School Library On Fire (Video) by Kamalcruz(m): 2:20am On May 23, 2021
Re: University Of Abuja School Library On Fire (Video) by mechanics(m): 4:21am On May 23, 2021
How will the University not have security officials on ground?
Re: University Of Abuja School Library On Fire (Video) by ceaser: 7:42am On May 23, 2021
A University is a community on its own. A University ought to boast of its own fire services which act as first responder. In the event that the conflagration goes beyond what they can handle, then they call on state and federal fire services for backup.

University of Abuja which is at the heart of the nation's capital apparently has no functional fire service. The rot in governance and administration isn't limited to the Execu-thieves, Judiciary or the Legis-looters alone, it is in the civil service as rotten tomatoes.
Re: University Of Abuja School Library On Fire (Video) by yomusty(m): 9:23am On May 23, 2021
tauceti23:

To butress my point.....here is the budget of

1.The New York fire department : 83.9 billion dollars..and they cover one city of just 25 million people..for 2020

2.The Nigeria Fire service : 22 million dolalrs for one country....of 200 million people....for 2019

Nigeria has to do more than recover loot, and fight corruption...we also have to earn more money...and we can do that by becoming like the US...an industrial scoeity with exports industrial goods and services.
what percentage of the New York's $83.9b is stolen? What percentage of the Nigerian $22m is stolen? They misuse $22m and you are suggesting to give them more funds. So all u have been typing was copy and paste.
You know nothing about improving an Economy bro.
Re: University Of Abuja School Library On Fire (Video) by Nobody: 6:40pm On May 23, 2021
yomusty:

what percentage of the New York's $83.9b is stolen? What percentage of the Nigerian $22m is stolen? They misuse $22m and you are suggesting to give them more funds. So all u have been typing was copy and paste.
You know nothing about improving an Economy bro.

So if no money was stolen, you are expecting to get the kind of service one can get for 86 billion dollars with just 22 million dollars.

That's like expecting to buy a toyota camry for just 2 thousand naira

You are the one who has no knowledge of economics.

Mind you, I don't deny there is stealing....even without stealing we need more money to get to US level. The reason why stealing is bad in Nigeria is because the treasury they are stealing from does not hold enough cash in the first place.

Get that, and you will understand why we are a poor country, and why we need to change our economy to be an industrial economy like the US which invilves us making choices that are diffiuclt, but necessary.

And by the way,to stop them stealing, there is something called holding them accountable...and that means people like you should leave your house, join a party and do the needful....but you don't want to.
Re: University Of Abuja School Library On Fire (Video) by yomusty(m): 7:58pm On May 23, 2021
tauceti23:

So if no money was stolen, you are expecting to get the kind of service one can get for 86 billion dollars with just 22 million dollars.

That's like expecting to buy a toyota camry for just 2 thousand naira

You are the one who has no knowledge of economics.

Mind you, I don't deny there is stealing....even without stealing we need more money to get to US level. The reason why stealing is bad in Nigeria is because the treasury they are stealing from does not hold enough cash in the first place.

Get that, and you will understand why we are a poor country, and why we need to change our economy to be an industrial economy like the US which invilves us making choices that are diffiuclt, but necessary.

And by the way,to stop them stealing, there is something called holding them accountable...and that means people like you should leave your house, join a party and do the needful....but you don't want to.
I can see how you held them accountable for the $22m. And for the Camry, bring $20m let me buy it for you. I even suspect you are a politician, its the only explanation to all you have been saying. How can u boldly say we should provide more funds? Bro, your point does not and can never solve the problem we are facing in our country's economy. Thanks.
Re: University Of Abuja School Library On Fire (Video) by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 23, 2021
yomusty:

I can see how you held them accountable for the $22m. And for the Camry, bring $20m let me buy it for you. I even suspect you are a politician, its the only explanation to all you have been saying. How can u boldly say we should provide more funds? Bro, your point does not and can never solve the problem we are facing in our country's economy. Thanks.

You don't get my point, and you never did

You cannot buy a car , any car, for just N2000

Thank you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Covenant University Graduate Goes Missing In Lagos State (Photo) / OAU Pre Degree 2017/2018 Admission Thread / Are You A Student Join Nollywood And Start Acting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.