Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

How I Trekked From Bariga, Lagos To Sango Otta, Ogun State - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How I Trekked From Bariga, Lagos To Sango Otta, Ogun State (985 Views)

I Trekked To Church Today And It Was Fun But Church Looked Scanty (Pictures) / The Bariga Waterfront Jetty And Ferries That Ambode Commissioned (Photos) / How Do I Get To Sango Ota (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Trekked From Bariga, Lagos To Sango Otta, Ogun State by david102(m): 10:23pm On May 21, 2021
I know most people would not believe it especially when they see me because of the way I look.

This occurred in the year 2018.
I am student of the University of Lagos Yaba, and at that time I was a fresher, I just got admission into the school. And I haven't, at that time, sorted out where I would stay. I didn't go to school often because of T.fare.

I met this good Samaritan, a course mate, who stays with his uncle at Bariga. He asked me to come stay with him. Bariga is not so far from UNILAG, at least 10 to 15 minutes walk from UNILAG main gate. His name is Tobi, such a good guy, he was also like me he resides in SANGO too. He goes home every weekend and comes back the following Monday. He introduced me to his uncle, and we had this presumptuous agreement that I will also go home every weekend just like Tobi.
Tobi's uncle was a cool guy, he loves women a lot. Any time we get back from school there is always a lady in the room so we have to wait outside. We were kind of invading his privacy, because he couldn't do the things he could do if he was alone. Well he had like three different ladies for different days of the week. So staying through the weekend is a NO. Even though he didn't say anything.

On a particular weekend, I was broke and I needed to go home. If I didn't go home I would starve, so I needed to go home. My friend had gone home on Thursday and I didn't know when he left, his uncle went early to work, When I woke up on Saturday morning everyone had left. Let me say this, I hate begging, begging was not an option for me and I couldn't really call my people, I didn't have airtime, apart from that my family had tried for me and I don't want to call.

That Saturday morning I woke up early, as early as 4am, am not even sure if Tobi's uncle slept home the previous night. I had already told myself that I would go home without begging anyone. Maybe it's pride, or I just hate those professional beggers in oshodi and I don't want to Identify as them.
I started out early, it wasn't an easy experience. The road was long and straight from Bariga to Oshodi. Then from Oshodi to Sango on foot. I remember rain falling that morning, rain chose that morning to fall, out of all other days. It just made my journey sad cry . The rain started for falling when I got to bolade. I kept on walking in the rain, when I got to heavy I had to find a shed. I continued my walk when the rain subsided. Kept on walking. I was a little bit scared, all these tout living under bridge. But it was all good.
I got to Super or so, around that side when I saw those big mass transit bus, it was around 10am, the bus went into a filling station, I begged the conductor and told Him my plight, he couldn't believe I Trekked because I looked very neat even my shoes where not so bad. He let enter the bus. I alighted at Sango and trekked the rest home.
If I hadn't seen the bus I would have trekked home to Sango, thank God the bus came.

That was how I Trekked from Bariga to Super and was helped to Sango Otta.

Have you ever trekked a long distance before?

2 Likes

Re: How I Trekked From Bariga, Lagos To Sango Otta, Ogun State by spinna: 10:42pm On May 21, 2021
lifes experiences give us character.. you try sha.. thank God for the conductor.

4 Likes

Re: How I Trekked From Bariga, Lagos To Sango Otta, Ogun State by paqman: 10:42pm On May 21, 2021
Your own trekking small my guy , I don trek from festac extension to ikotun egbe abaranje precisely , what happened that day still look like mystery to me .
I don trek sango to ifo .
Na only God go save son of man

2 Likes

Re: How I Trekked From Bariga, Lagos To Sango Otta, Ogun State by david102(m): 10:44pm On May 21, 2021
paqman:
Your own trekking small my guy , I don trek from festac extension to ikotun egbe abaranje precisely , what happened that day still look like mystery to me .
I don trek sango to ifo .
Na only God go save son of man

What lipsrsealed
Oh boy!!!
Re: How I Trekked From Bariga, Lagos To Sango Otta, Ogun State by neonly: 10:49pm On May 21, 2021
During the late 80's when I went for jamb had to use my last money to settle the invigilator after exam finish men na so I started treking home from isolo to akoka men I can't never forget that day the road was long I felt I was d only one suffering in the world the most painful thing was dat that center the result was cancelled
This country Nawo

2 Likes

Re: How I Trekked From Bariga, Lagos To Sango Otta, Ogun State by Nobody: 10:51pm On May 21, 2021
david102:

What lipsrsealed
Oh boy!!!

grin grin grin

This one pass your own abi?

I don leg Ojota to Okoko one time like that.

Festac to Ikeja

The average Lagosian only plays second fiddle to herdsmen in the trek game.
Re: How I Trekked From Bariga, Lagos To Sango Otta, Ogun State by HarunaWest(m): 10:53pm On May 21, 2021
I used to trek from my house in Akowonjo Then to My school in Ipaja steady, then one day I trekked from agege to ikeja and then egbeda to ikeja, once a while I trekked from ikeja along to mafoluku as well...Lagos road sabi me mehn,funny enough, I trekked for the fun not cos I was broke.

3 Likes

Re: How I Trekked From Bariga, Lagos To Sango Otta, Ogun State by Elgorny(m): 10:56pm On May 21, 2021
Mine was from ojodu berger to ikeja airport road On third january 2012 during jona fuel subsidy

1 Like

Re: How I Trekked From Bariga, Lagos To Sango Otta, Ogun State by david102(m): 10:56pm On May 21, 2021
Man, people don trek ooo...... My case na small case SMH
Re: How I Trekked From Bariga, Lagos To Sango Otta, Ogun State by spinna: 11:15pm On May 21, 2021
omo treks don shele o.. Festac to Ikeja ..whaaat!

1 Like

Re: How I Trekked From Bariga, Lagos To Sango Otta, Ogun State by ThePokerPlayer: 12:50pm On May 22, 2021
Back in 2002, I was robbed at Kuramo beach by thugs ...
I trecked from Kuramo Beach to Kilo bus-stop at Surulere (Masha-Kilo)
YEP, through 3rd mainland bridge

1 Like

Re: How I Trekked From Bariga, Lagos To Sango Otta, Ogun State by Silentgroper(m): 1:10pm On May 22, 2021
Oh boy.. People dey trek oo. My own dey learn work sha.
Re: How I Trekked From Bariga, Lagos To Sango Otta, Ogun State by olamide0147: 1:43am On May 23, 2021
I trecked from ifo to iya a ipaja that day ehhn for 2 days my body hear am though that's not the only day guy man Don experienced such thing, from tinubu to iyana ipaja but glory be to God, I would rather trek than begging

1 Like

Re: How I Trekked From Bariga, Lagos To Sango Otta, Ogun State by Iyafife: 2:13pm On May 23, 2021
Lagos marathon guys dey learn work beside una, what! See trekkings here and there
Re: How I Trekked From Bariga, Lagos To Sango Otta, Ogun State by Charleys: 6:43pm On May 23, 2021
When I was serving in ibadan back then I've trekked from challenge to apata with a carpenter. I did a wardrobe and there was no car to take it, the truck I called disappointed us, the carpenter carried it on his head till apata.

No be small wardrobe. I was buying mineral for him on the way.

I've trekked 2 people's life but that day I respected that carpenter.

(1) (Reply)

Visa Appeal Process Help Me Out! / When You Travel, Do You Stay In Hotels? / British Passports: Pls Any1 With Useful Info?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.