Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,779 members, 7,813,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

COAS: CDS Mourns, Orders Investigation To Unravel Cause Of Crash - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COAS: CDS Mourns, Orders Investigation To Unravel Cause Of Crash (23705 Views)

Oyebanji Urges Police To Unravel Mysteries Surrounding Mohbad’s Death / Alao-Akala: Seyi Makinde Mourns, Orders Flags To Fly At Half-Mast / How Leaked Memo Unravel The Mystery Behind INEC’s mysterious Server’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

COAS: CDS Mourns, Orders Investigation To Unravel Cause Of Crash by Nobody: 12:54am On May 22, 2021
#PressRelease #DHQUpdate

ARMED FORCES OF NIGERIA LOSES CHIEF OF ARMY STAFF AND TEN OTHERS IN AIR MISHAP

It is with a heavy heart that the Armed Forces of Nigeria (AFN) regrets to announce that this evening at about 1800 Hours, the Chief of Army Staff, Lt Gen Ibrahim Attahiru in company of his entourage, who were on official trip from Abuja to Kaduna, were involved in an air mishap. The unfortunate incident occurred after landing at the Kaduna International Airport due to inclement weather. The Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) General Lucky Irabor has therefore directed that an Accident Investigation Board be constituted to unravel the immediate and remote cause(s) of the unfortunate accident.

As we pray for the repose of the souls of our gallant and committed Chief of Army Staff and other personnel on board with him, the AFN solicits the support and understanding of all Nigerians in the face of this tragic incident. We wish to state that the Armed Forces of Nigeria remains resolute in combatting the security challenges bedeviling our nation. The sacrifices of our dearly departed heroes will not be in vain.

Meanwhile, the CDS urges all military personnel and their families to take heart and be condoled on this tragic loss. The CDS also reassures all Nigerians of the commitment and loyalty of the Armed Forces of Nigeria to the Constitution and Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, as it continues to carry out its responsibilities.

God bless Nigeria.

ONYEMA NWACHUKWU
Brigadier General
Acting Director Defence Information
21 May 2021

Defence Headquarters Nigeria

1 Like

Re: COAS: CDS Mourns, Orders Investigation To Unravel Cause Of Crash by ygowon: 1:21am On May 22, 2021
Fuk the Nigerian soldiers and police

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COAS: CDS Mourns, Orders Investigation To Unravel Cause Of Crash by b3llo(m): 2:00am On May 22, 2021
I read somewhere that the plane exploded as it touched down. If it is true then I weep for the way things have turned out. RIP 21st COAS of Nigerian Army whom passed away on 21st May in the 21st year of the 21st Century. 21 guns salute!!!

167 Likes 8 Shares

Re: COAS: CDS Mourns, Orders Investigation To Unravel Cause Of Crash by Nobody: 2:52am On May 22, 2021
Yoruba Nation Now.
No Going Back.
Bendel Republic Now.
No Going Back.
Igbo Nation Now.
No Going Back.

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COAS: CDS Mourns, Orders Investigation To Unravel Cause Of Crash by yanabasee1(m): 4:13am On May 22, 2021
Quote me again time like this next month....Another COAS will be appointed and this whole news will be under the carpet resting......

There is never going to be any investigation......

Infact, there's never an investigation process in Nigeria....

Na today them one begin investigate matter for Naija?

I've been asking people around and no one is yet to tell me the day a police officer knocked on their door, wearing a mufti to question them about a crime around their neighborhood.

Do we even have detective officers in the Nigerian police force?

NPF will come in their vans to asked you to follow them to their station..... Off you go, to collect serious beatings and then confess to a crime that you never committed.

You can never be seen ain a crime scene in Nigeria...Police will lock you up for trying to separate a fight where one person gets killed in the process...

So whenever I read about investigation, I just laugh...

113 Likes 6 Shares

Re: COAS: CDS Mourns, Orders Investigation To Unravel Cause Of Crash by Mabizeka: 4:27am On May 22, 2021
Make an Igbo man the next COAS

2 Likes

Re: COAS: CDS Mourns, Orders Investigation To Unravel Cause Of Crash by Nobody: 4:42am On May 22, 2021
As usual
.........ALL HANDS will be on deck
.........We won't leave any stone unturned.
.........We will go back to the drawing board.
.........We will set up committees.
.........Everyone will go back to Sleep.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COAS: CDS Mourns, Orders Investigation To Unravel Cause Of Crash by JooEeL(m): 4:42am On May 22, 2021
Hehehe, I remember one former living general saying over his dead body will Oduduwa and Biafra come... and his dream came to reality faster than he could ever imagine. grin

LIKE for Oduduwa and Biafra jare!

SHARE for the vultures, the e-battering rams and the Edomites. grin

127 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COAS: CDS Mourns, Orders Investigation To Unravel Cause Of Crash by money121(m): 4:42am On May 22, 2021
Too bad

1 Like

Re: COAS: CDS Mourns, Orders Investigation To Unravel Cause Of Crash by Nigeriadondie1: 4:42am On May 22, 2021
undecided Killers in uniform have met the same outcome they meted out to civilians they massacred.

No sympathy for them and their families. Let them feel the pain of losing loved ones.

The massacre of people in Benue, Rivers, Imo and even the ones they were planning on a grand scale with the deployment of soldiers from Borno to the East shows that God is at work here.

Bloody officers see how they died like rats.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COAS: CDS Mourns, Orders Investigation To Unravel Cause Of Crash by Stephenabudu960(m): 4:42am On May 22, 2021
Ok
Re: COAS: CDS Mourns, Orders Investigation To Unravel Cause Of Crash by kponkedenge(m): 4:42am On May 22, 2021
Mabizeka:
Make an Igbo man the next COAS

Really?

I'm a southerner, but I'm just wondering what other southerners would have been saying now if after Buratai left COAS, Buhari replaced him with a southerner, and he died under three months into the job..... A lot of conspiracy theories would have been swirling around.

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: COAS: CDS Mourns, Orders Investigation To Unravel Cause Of Crash by sojayy(m): 4:43am On May 22, 2021
The deed has been done
Re: COAS: CDS Mourns, Orders Investigation To Unravel Cause Of Crash by tnewsr: 4:43am On May 22, 2021
Hmmmmm... investigation may not bring them back and findings may not even be made known. It's high time everyone take precaution anytime they're travelling. Trusting even ones driver or those in charges of security at the airports is becoming very risking. A need for a trusted team of engineers to reassess ones means of movement before ones journey. May God help this country.
Re: COAS: CDS Mourns, Orders Investigation To Unravel Cause Of Crash by Ishilove: 4:43am On May 22, 2021
b3llo:
I read somewhere that the plane exploded as it touched down. If it is true then I weep for the way things have turned out. RIP 21st COAS of Nigerian Army whom passed away on 21st May in the 21st year of the 21st Century. 21 guns salute!!!
Oh, that's right.

2 Likes

Re: COAS: CDS Mourns, Orders Investigation To Unravel Cause Of Crash by Makawhizzy: 4:48am On May 22, 2021
When death comes knocking even the most powerful men bow

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: COAS: CDS Mourns, Orders Investigation To Unravel Cause Of Crash by n3xt(m): 4:50am On May 22, 2021
RIP to all the generals who have lost their lives in the struggle.

General Shekau, COAS Sambisa
General Attahiru, COAS Nigeria
General Ikonso, COAS IPOB

#GeneralMarket

______

Everything rises and fall on leadership. Chose well!

3 Likes

Re: COAS: CDS Mourns, Orders Investigation To Unravel Cause Of Crash by uncleck: 4:51am On May 22, 2021
Why do I have the feelings that this is assassination or maybe a coupe?

5 Likes

Re: COAS: CDS Mourns, Orders Investigation To Unravel Cause Of Crash by Naija147: 4:53am On May 22, 2021
This man would have performed better than the previous coward

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COAS: CDS Mourns, Orders Investigation To Unravel Cause Of Crash by Seniorwriter(m): 4:56am On May 22, 2021
LOL @Unravel!!!
This crash was either premeditated or simply a disaster orchestrated @the 11th hour.
MALIGNANTGuest:
As usual
.........ALL HANDS will be on deck
.........We won't leave any stone unturned.
.........We will go back to the drawing board.
.........We will set up committees.
.........Everyone will go back to Sleep.
yanabasee1:
Quote me again time like this next month....Another COAS will be appointed and this whole news will be under the carpet resting......

There is never going to be any investigation......

Infact, there's never an investigation process in Nigeria....

Na today them one begin investigate matter for Naija?

I've been asking people around and no one is yet to tell me the day a police officer knocked on their door, wearing a mufti to question them about a crime around their neighborhood.

Do we even have detective officers in the Nigerian police force?

NPF will come in their vans to asked you to follow them to their station..... Off you go, to collect serious beatings and then confess to a crime that you never committed.

You can never be seen ain a crime scene in Nigeria...Police will lock you up for trying to separate a fight where one person gets killed in the process...

So whenever I read about investigation, I just laugh...

How then will there be any unraveling? If it's an inside job going by the way Nigeria's dirty politics stinks to high heaves!

We need young visionary leaders ! Else things will get worsened!

@SeniorWriter
Re: COAS: CDS Mourns, Orders Investigation To Unravel Cause Of Crash by Systrom(m): 4:59am On May 22, 2021
Good riddance

1 Like

Re: COAS: CDS Mourns, Orders Investigation To Unravel Cause Of Crash by Nobody: 5:05am On May 22, 2021
Investigation? Come on man.. at the end of the so called investigation what actions will be taken to hold people to account or prevent future occurrence? They'll write a report and that's all?
Re: COAS: CDS Mourns, Orders Investigation To Unravel Cause Of Crash by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 5:09am On May 22, 2021
So unfortunate

I guess they were managing aviation fuel.

If de weather was very bad, they shud ve fly back to abuja which is less dan 30min.

I think, God say its their day

2 Likes

Re: COAS: CDS Mourns, Orders Investigation To Unravel Cause Of Crash by Mabizeka: 5:11am On May 22, 2021
kponkedenge:

Really?

I'm a southerner, but I'm just wondering what other southerners would have been saying now if after Buratai left COAS, Buhari replaced him with a southerner, and he died under three months into the job..... A lot of conspiracy theories would have been swirling around.
I get you but this shouldn't be the reason why the Igbos should be sidelined in everything and at the same time prevented from creating their own country

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: COAS: CDS Mourns, Orders Investigation To Unravel Cause Of Crash by seunlayi(m): 5:13am On May 22, 2021
May his soul rest in peace
Re: COAS: CDS Mourns, Orders Investigation To Unravel Cause Of Crash by helinues: 5:15am On May 22, 2021
Restructure army, restructure dem no hear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COAS: CDS Mourns, Orders Investigation To Unravel Cause Of Crash by Charliewyt: 5:18am On May 22, 2021
b3llo:

And as well 21st week of the year.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: COAS: CDS Mourns, Orders Investigation To Unravel Cause Of Crash by Neyorolex(m): 5:18am On May 22, 2021
K
Re: COAS: CDS Mourns, Orders Investigation To Unravel Cause Of Crash by Mabizeka: 5:20am On May 22, 2021
helinues:
Restructure army, restructure dem no hear
Shut up and get a life

3 Likes

Re: COAS: CDS Mourns, Orders Investigation To Unravel Cause Of Crash by Maxymilliano(m): 5:21am On May 22, 2021
Buhari led government has lost 2 of their great men since yesterday; Shekau and Chief Of Army staff.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: COAS: CDS Mourns, Orders Investigation To Unravel Cause Of Crash by helinues: 5:21am On May 22, 2021
Mabizeka:
Shut up and get a life

And that's how you want to start your weekend bah?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Allen Onyema Calls On President Tinubu To Dissolve The Nigeria Air Project. / Plateau Attack: Fayose Speaks On Death Of Residents, Attacks Buhari / Boko Haram Recaptures Gubio And Magumeri In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.