Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,779 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Married Man Confused After Marriage, Needs Advice - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Man Confused After Marriage, Needs Advice (4787 Views)

Man Left Confused After Wife Conceives Despite Him Undergoing Vasectomy / Family Intending To Move To Abuja Needs Advice / My Marriage Needs Help: I Am Tired Of Pretending-please Help Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Married Man Confused After Marriage, Needs Advice by Adesegzy91: 7:47am On May 22, 2021
Pls advice this friend of mine,

He got married late last month and after marriage, he discovers that his wife can't see at night and also the wife has mental issues that happen once in a while, whenever the mental issue happens, the wife is not violent but she will just be looking like a slowpoke on one spot for over 3-4hours until she fall asleep and when she wakes up, she doesn't remember it happening...

During their courtship,My guy was kind of religious with no sex before marriage and no sleep overs, no late night crawling, major meeting spot are public places especially church,malls,eateries etc

Now he is thinking of quitting the marriage cos of what he just discovered,

He is scared to even share it with his family cos he don't know how they will react, I even just got to know because I am his closest childhood friend and we don't hide anything from each other,I was his bestman on his wedding day.

Pls he needs advice before he slumps into depression

@Mods pls push to FP for wider advice

1 Like

Re: Married Man Confused After Marriage, Needs Advice by Goldbw122(m): 7:48am On May 22, 2021
This story get as e be in the first place... That is why it is good to know the wife you are marrying, this is not a one night stand na forever matter be this , so this one the elders will have to say something about this one...

2 Likes

Re: Married Man Confused After Marriage, Needs Advice by Zaheertyler(m): 7:51am On May 22, 2021
She’s the irony of a bat grin[s][/s]
Re: Married Man Confused After Marriage, Needs Advice by UncleKoboko: 7:54am On May 22, 2021
grin

That's your cross to carry now.

If the new testament can correct many things in the old testament, then common sense should tell you that not everything you read in that story book is applicable to today's world.
Times are changing...
Change is constant...

With the level of immortalities in our society today, it'll be very stupîd of anyone to practice sex after marriage, especially with many of these girls that already have numerous body counts.
Most of them don't even have wombs again due to numerous abortions.
These waste products/use and dump girls/second hand material are only waiting for one UNFORTUNATE bastard to go down on his knees to still beg them for marriage.
I can never marry a girl I don't know her family history and sexual histories.
We must spend times together.
I must see EVERYTHING and be satisfied before concluding. Seeing everything DOESN'T really mean sex is inclusive...

If you claim to be a virgin, I must test you and see for myself that it's true.
If you're not a virgin, you've had more than one body counts, you were not defiled etc, you don't have a right to request for no sex before marriage in my own world o.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Married Man Confused After Marriage, Needs Advice by Duru9(m): 7:57am On May 22, 2021
Tor
Shey una say if she sleep over na sin
Tell him if her quit the marriage na sin too
Re: Married Man Confused After Marriage, Needs Advice by DaddyRochie1642: 7:58am On May 22, 2021
I laughed when I read she doesn't see at night,... I Can assure you that if you give that woman a certain amount of money to count in that same darkness, she will count the money and tell you the exact amount grin,

13 Likes

Re: Married Man Confused After Marriage, Needs Advice by PuZZyNegro: 8:01am On May 22, 2021
Adesegzy91:

He got married late last month and after marriage, he discovers that his wife can't see at night and also the wife has mental issues that happen once in a while, whenever the mental issue happens, the wife is not violent but she will just be looking like a slowpoke on one spot for over 3-4hours until she fall asleep and when she wakes up, she doesn't remember it happening...

During their courtship,My guy was kind of religious with no sex before marriage and no sleep overs, no late night crawling, major meeting spot are public places especially church,malls,eateries etc

He is scared to even share it with his family cos he don't know how they will react, I even just got to know because I am his closest childhood friend and we don't hide anything from each other,I was his bestman on his wedding day.

You don't really have to put the "no sex before marriage thing". That's not the reason for his predicament.

Some ladies do sleepover in their fiancé's place without sex. Some do have sex without a sleepover.

So, his problem is just not being observant enough during their courtship period.

A lady with such a problem must have exhibited some characteristics of slowness when they were meeting.

6 Likes

Re: Married Man Confused After Marriage, Needs Advice by mejai(m): 8:02am On May 22, 2021
Quitting it for who to continue or enter? Oga stay there. Na ur load. U no sign in sickness and in health? For beta and for worst?

If I catch you eh...

3 Likes

Re: Married Man Confused After Marriage, Needs Advice by xpressionx(m): 8:06am On May 22, 2021
OP we know it's your wife,we song judge you.
Re: Married Man Confused After Marriage, Needs Advice by Adesegzy91: 8:07am On May 22, 2021
The thing is that my guy is feeling cheated by his wife's family by not disclosing the problem their daughter has, and he is feeling the marriage is based on deception and therefore wants to quit.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Man Confused After Marriage, Needs Advice by UncleKoboko: 8:08am On May 22, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:
I laughed when I read she doesn't see at night,... I Can assure you that if you give that woman a certain amount of money to count in that same darkness, she will count the money and tell you the exact amount grin,
Lol
But seriously, some people don't see well at night.
Re: Married Man Confused After Marriage, Needs Advice by Adesegzy91: 8:09am On May 22, 2021
xpressionx:
OP we know it's your wife,we song judge you.

Am not married yet, I don quit my own relationship when my family and fiancee family could not flow together

Right now, am single and searching grin smiley

3 Likes

Re: Married Man Confused After Marriage, Needs Advice by Nezero(m): 8:18am On May 22, 2021
Hope her problem is not a side effect of dating cut-soap-boys..

Was she a virgin?

Anyways, he should take her to the doctors for assurance.. the problem fit get cure. It could be a form of epilepsy.. some people faint when they see flashing lights ..their brains shut down
Re: Married Man Confused After Marriage, Needs Advice by Oblongata: 8:19am On May 22, 2021
‘In sickness and in good health’
Re: Married Man Confused After Marriage, Needs Advice by Adesegzy91: 8:22am On May 22, 2021
Nezero:
Hope her problem is not a side effect of dating cut-soap-boys..

Was she a virgin?

Anyways, he should take her to the doctors for assurance.. the problem fit get cure. It could be a form of epilepsy.. some people faint when they see flashing lights ..their brains shut down

She was a virgin, have suggested to him to take her to doctor for check-up, he is just feeling cheated and bitter about the whole thing

1 Like

Re: Married Man Confused After Marriage, Needs Advice by Rickjordan(m): 8:25am On May 22, 2021
sad
Re: Married Man Confused After Marriage, Needs Advice by Vyzz: 8:28am On May 22, 2021
cool

Another reason to engage a girl for long...

If u been wait for at least two years u for know her well
Re: Married Man Confused After Marriage, Needs Advice by DaddyRochie1642: 8:30am On May 22, 2021
Adesegzy91:
The thing is that my guy is feeling cheated by his wife's family by not disclosing the problem their daughter has, and he is feeling the marriage is based on deception and therefore wants to quit.

Tell that your friend that the marriage is based on Deception and anything based on Deception cannot stand the test of time, your friend's wife's Family were silently desperate to offload that Lady to any unsuspecting man that came for marriage and unfortunately, your friend was the man they've been waiting for/praying for grin

3 Likes

Re: Married Man Confused After Marriage, Needs Advice by Adesegzy91: 8:33am On May 22, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:

Tell that your friend that the marriage is based on Deception and anything based on Deception cannot stand the test of time, your friend's wife's Family were silently desperate to offload that Lady to any unsuspecting man that came for marriage and unfortunately, your friend was the man they've been waiting for/praying for grin

Good, I believe this is exactly what happened,
Re: Married Man Confused After Marriage, Needs Advice by Nobody: 8:35am On May 22, 2021
we all need advice
Re: Married Man Confused After Marriage, Needs Advice by crackhaus: 8:37am On May 22, 2021
That mental illness is the deal breaker here, it's usually hereditary and can be passed on to the children.
I'm not quite sure what "not seeing at night" implies however...

The marriage was contracted on deceit, so please go ahead and tell him to end it if he pleases.
After all, there are no kids in the picture yet tethering him to her for life.

6 Likes

Re: Married Man Confused After Marriage, Needs Advice by Adesegzy91: 8:39am On May 22, 2021
crackhaus:
That mental illness is the deal breaker here, it's usually hereditary and can be passed on to the children.
I'm not quite sure what "not seeing at night" implies however...

The marriage was contracted on deceit, so please go ahead and tell him to end it if he pleases.
After all, there are no kids in the picture yet tethering him to her for life.

My thoughts exactly
Re: Married Man Confused After Marriage, Needs Advice by frozen70(f): 10:03pm On May 23, 2021
Adesegzy91:

If it's something that doesn't have medical solutions, he have to inform his family and they will in turn inform his inlaws

As it is now, it was a marriage held with deceit and he has the right to return her to her family the way he took her before it gets out of handling
Re: Married Man Confused After Marriage, Needs Advice by mutter(f): 10:18pm On May 23, 2021
The woman and her family should have disclosed this to the man.
That is a major issue that ought to have been laid on the table
Such issues get worse e when the woman is pregnant ...
If he can't cope then he should be honest about it.
Re: Married Man Confused After Marriage, Needs Advice by Foodqueen(f): 11:02pm On May 23, 2021
It's well

Carry your cross
Re: Married Man Confused After Marriage, Needs Advice by Ishilove: 11:17pm On May 23, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:
That level cheesy
Re: Married Man Confused After Marriage, Needs Advice by Ishilove: 11:19pm On May 23, 2021
Op, help her find a solution instead of wanting to jump ship at the first sign of trouble. Isn't marriage 'for better, for worse'?

PS- We know you're the one so stop all these 'my friend' yarns.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Man Confused After Marriage, Needs Advice by olabrinks(f): 1:10am On May 24, 2021
Let me tell you the truth most women Have things going on behind closed doors, forget packaging and pretence in public. Behind closed doors you will see all kinds of abormalities in peoples personalities, it’s not only women, men included. You will see some people have extreme paranoia, some people when they are angry they become very destructive, some people will sit down and be talking to themselves, some people will be hallucinating or having extreme delusions in their mind. Some people will just carry wild thoughts in their head. Some people are just always negative and depressed no matter their circumstances. Some people are dealing with trauma that happened in their past life (ptsd) that still affects their day to day life. All of these are mental health illnesses in their own form. So what I would tell your friend is to look for ways to handle it, if she needs medication, she should get on it.

Communication, understanding and tolerance is needed. There’s nothing outside that he’s looking for forget packaging, the next woman he looks for will be talking in her sleep, everybody has funny behaviours if you look deep inside them. Goodluck

As for the night blindness that is very serious, and you guys need to speak to professionals about that that because once children are involved it could be very dangerous. She’s not the first to have this condition, so please don’t totally disregard her because of this.

4 Likes

Re: Married Man Confused After Marriage, Needs Advice by JeffreyJunior: 1:21am On May 24, 2021
Know your spouse well before marriage but mba, you over-religious folks will prefer to go with my pastor says this my bible says that as if Adam paid Eve's brideprice and wedded her in Winners church before she was brought to him.

You are even lucky she has vagina and not a thick wall down there.

Your spouse has night blindness. My late best friend had it and it caused his death via road accident so I suggest you stop her from night engagements.

As for the temporary mental illness, take her to a good clinic and have it handled so it doesn't deteriorate further.

If you can't, please separate now before innocent kids get involved in this mess and make it more complicated.

1 Like

Re: Married Man Confused After Marriage, Needs Advice by Nobody: 2:50am On May 24, 2021
This is why knowing your partner's health history prior to marriage, is integral.
Re: Married Man Confused After Marriage, Needs Advice by Nobody: 3:04am On May 24, 2021
Nack before marriage
Do sleepovers before marriage
To avoid stories like this.
You're not alone. But na your cross now O. Carry am

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Divorce The Answer? / Lets Celebrate The Wonderful And Caring Husbands / My Sister Accused Me Of Exposing Her Son To Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.