Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,366 members, 7,954,484 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:06 PM

How Do Scammers Get Our Correct Details? - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Do Scammers Get Our Correct Details? (43566 Views)

Why Do Scammers Target Older People? / Why Do Scammers Ask For Itunes Gift Cards? / What Happens When Scammers Get Your BVN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Scammers Get Our Correct Details? by omoadeleye(m): 4:41pm On May 26, 2021
Do you sometimes drop your account details on social medias give away? Or your phone numbers for airtime give away?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Scammers Get Our Correct Details? by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 4:41pm On May 26, 2021
Cha E! Instead Of You, to be a scammer, why not, start Blogging Business And Thank Later

2 Likes

Re: How Do Scammers Get Our Correct Details? by Obynopositive: 4:41pm On May 26, 2021
Mostly they get it from cvs....but those kind of scam don cast..... e no de work again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Scammers Get Our Correct Details? by IprintMONEY: 4:42pm On May 26, 2021
all these loan apps will soon be stealing peoples details. i pity all these guys that RE always taking loans

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Scammers Get Our Correct Details? by kponkedenge(m): 4:43pm On May 26, 2021
It's mostly from Access Bank.... The Bank has been seriously compromised.. Instead of them to find a way to safeguard customers account details, they are there trying to acquire the whole Banks in Africa.

8 Likes

Re: How Do Scammers Get Our Correct Details? by Kobicove(m): 4:44pm On May 26, 2021
Most of the time they get info from third party companies that render services to banks undecided
Re: How Do Scammers Get Our Correct Details? by Ellegacy(m): 4:45pm On May 26, 2021
I think it's from the bank. The staff most likely

1 Like

Re: How Do Scammers Get Our Correct Details? by adiosgracias(m): 4:45pm On May 26, 2021
Also fro your CV. When you send application to take job opening, they can get your details from there
Re: How Do Scammers Get Our Correct Details? by hakeem4(m): 4:46pm On May 26, 2021
I believe they are working with someone inside the bank
Re: How Do Scammers Get Our Correct Details? by delishpot: 4:46pm On May 26, 2021
Bankers busy making a fortune from selling customers details. They get a cut from every maga that pays.
Re: How Do Scammers Get Our Correct Details? by SlayerForever: 4:46pm On May 26, 2021
That one na small thing. All this bank applications are used to siphon customer details. Once you input an unknown bvn in some bank apps the person's details will come out including full name, phone number. I think some will even display all accounts linked to the bvn. All these ones blaming old staff don't know jack.

Nigerian online banking is not too secure, you need to intimate yourself on how scams work so you don't fall victim.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Scammers Get Our Correct Details? by SlayerForever: 4:48pm On May 26, 2021
kponkedenge:
It's mostly from Access Bank.... The Bank has been seriously compromised.. Instead of them to find a way to safeguard customers account details, they are there trying to acquire the whole Banks in Africa.

See you. GTB is the compromised bank. Recently Zenith has come under cyberattack too.

10 Likes

Re: How Do Scammers Get Our Correct Details? by ejimatic: 4:48pm On May 26, 2021
Cutezt:
So I was sleeping on my own jejely this morning when a call woke me up from a number ‪09135806427‬, the man behind the line said he was calling me from my bank, Access Bank, and asked if I received a text from the bank asking me to upgrade my date of birth on the BVN, I was surprised but I said no, so he said I was asked to go update it from my bank or my account will be blocked and as it is now, my account is inactive until I reactivate it. For a moment, I thought it was true, since I did my BVN a long time ago, the staff there made an error in my year of birth, subtracting a year from it, and it affected me for sometime until I rectified it 3 years ago, so I listened carefully, the man gave me the 2 day, month, and year of births that was linked to my account (both the old and updated), asking me which was the correct one, and since I know they can't do anything with my date of birth, I told him the correct one.

He was speaking in a very professional tone with very good accents and all, he apologized for the error and I said he should not worry, now here is what I was waiting for, asking for details of my card, he said I should check my ATM card and I will see some numbers, he called the correct first and last 4 digits of my card, and asked me to provide the rest as that was my confirmation digit, that was when I smiled and knew this guy was an idiot. So I took the 2 other ATM cards of my Sterling and Wema Bank, and started mixing up the digits, I will pick 2 from sterling and 2 from Wema and called them out to him, while at the same time, retaining the numbers he got correctly already, the man was confused as I could hear from my end that he was on a PC as he typed and typed but the numbers were not correct, he asked me to call it over and over again, and I still called out the same numbers to him, so he did not understand what was going on until he got tired and switched to pidgin after spending about 18 minutes on phone, he started saying that I was trying to play with him and he was only helping out, and my account will be blocked, so I said, is a bank staff supposed to be speaking in that manner, or even pidgin at all while on official duty? He apologized and asked me to call it again, I called same numbers to him, but as I could hear his frustration from my end, I was seriously trying to holdout the laughter but couldn't, that was when I burst out and started laughing, and the idiot knew that this was no "white man, " switched back to pidgin and started insults, and trust me, I returned them immediately, pressed down, shaking together and running over.

But this leads me to the question, this guy knew very private details about my account, something that no one else knows apart from my bank, so I ask, HOW DO THESE SCAMMERS GET OUR DETAILS?

This man called my exact old house address, does that mean if I were to be assassinated and I still stayed in the old house, getting my details for the operation will be that easy?

it is a pressing question that really requires answers.

This can't just be swept under the carpet every time, questions needs to be asked.
. Our bank staff usuly betray us by giving our information to scammers and sharing their spoils with them.If you enter banks you will see staff browinsing into customers accounts especially when they are less busy.That is when they get our details.Scammers will call you, tell you your account no and the amount you paid last.That is Nigeria for you where bank workers are allies of the scammers.They called me several times using same trick but I will continue to be wiser than them I can say it anywhere banks betray customerss

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Scammers Get Our Correct Details? by chidaddy1198(m): 4:48pm On May 26, 2021
[b]I will pick 2 from sterling and 2 from Wema and called them out to him, while at the same time, retaining the numbers he got correctly already, the man was confused as I could hear from my end that he was on a PC as he typed and typed but the numbers were not correct, he asked me to call it over and over again, and I still called out the same numbers to him, so he did not understand what was going on until he got tired and switched to pidgin after spending about 18 minutes on phone, he started saying that I was trying to play with him and he was only helping out, and my account will be blocked, so I said, is a bank staff supposed to be speaking in that manner, or even pidgin at all while on official duty? He apologized and asked me to call it again, I called same numbers to him, but as I could hear his frustration from my end, I was seriously trying to holdout the laughter but couldn't, that was when I burst out and started laughing, and the idiot knew that this was no "white man, " switched back to pidgin and started insults, and trust me, I returned them immediately,[/b] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Do Scammers Get Our Correct Details? by macrodata(m): 4:49pm On May 26, 2021
Nwanna2588:
A brother out of shame is dying in silence after being duped by some fraudsters. They posed as a relative and duped him. He paid almost half a million to 4 account numbers they gave him. The four account numbers are all individual account and all their GSM numbers are out of reach now. Please learned colleagues help me to help him. How can one start a case like that? The deed has been done and it is now over a month. What is the right approach? Please I need a plurality of opinion from those that can help. You can save a soul
Has he contacted EFCC?

4 Likes

Re: How Do Scammers Get Our Correct Details? by femi4: 4:52pm On May 26, 2021
Cutezt:
So I was sleeping on my own jejely this morning when a call woke me up from a number ‪09135806427‬, the man behind the line said he was calling me from my bank, Access Bank, and asked if I received a text from the bank asking me to upgrade my date of birth on the BVN, I was surprised but I said no, so he said I was asked to go update it from my bank or my account will be blocked and as it is now, my account is inactive until I reactivate it. For a moment, I thought it was true, since I did my BVN a long time ago, the staff there made an error in my year of birth, subtracting a year from it, and it affected me for sometime until I rectified it 3 years ago, so I listened carefully, the man gave me the 2 day, month, and year of births that was linked to my account (both the old and updated), asking me which was the correct one, and since I know they can't do anything with my date of birth, I told him the correct one.

He was speaking in a very professional tone with very good accents and all, he apologized for the error and I said he should not worry, now here is what I was waiting for, asking for details of my card, he said I should check my ATM card and I will see some numbers, he called the correct first and last 4 digits of my card, and asked me to provide the rest as that was my confirmation digit, that was when I smiled and knew this guy was an idiot. So I took the 2 other ATM cards of my Sterling and Wema Bank, and started mixing up the digits, I will pick 2 from sterling and 2 from Wema and called them out to him, while at the same time, retaining the numbers he got correctly already, the man was confused as I could hear from my end that he was on a PC as he typed and typed but the numbers were not correct, he asked me to call it over and over again, and I still called out the same numbers to him, so he did not understand what was going on until he got tired and switched to pidgin after spending about 18 minutes on phone, he started saying that I was trying to play with him and he was only helping out, and my account will be blocked, so I said, is a bank staff supposed to be speaking in that manner, or even pidgin at all while on official duty? He apologized and asked me to call it again, I called same numbers to him, but as I could hear his frustration from my end, I was seriously trying to holdout the laughter but couldn't, that was when I burst out and started laughing, and the idiot knew that this was no "white man, " switched back to pidgin and started insults, and trust me, I returned them immediately, pressed down, shaking together and running over.

But this leads me to the question, this guy knew very private details about my account, something that no one else knows apart from my bank, so I ask, HOW DO THESE SCAMMERS GET OUR DETAILS?

This man called my exact old house address, does that mean if I were to be assassinated and I still stayed in the old house, getting my details for the operation will be that easy?

This can't just be swept under the carpet every time, questions needs to be asked.
Bvn things

1 Like

Re: How Do Scammers Get Our Correct Details? by macrodata(m): 4:52pm On May 26, 2021
Offpoint1:
Please any Nairalander with Premium Freepik account? I want you to help me download something, it's urgent please... I'm willing to pay for your data
what do you need? Reach me on Telegram: Guestlog
Re: How Do Scammers Get Our Correct Details? by nnadychuks(m): 4:52pm On May 26, 2021
The linking of NIN to every SIM card is a very nice improvement by the government to nullify these stupid scams. Probably the only good thing that come out from this government. If u like give out your NIN out to anyone let them register their SIM cards. Na u police go carry las las

4 Likes

Re: How Do Scammers Get Our Correct Details? by Goalnaldo(m): 4:54pm On May 26, 2021
Ndi umuaka highway
Re: How Do Scammers Get Our Correct Details? by Farki: 4:55pm On May 26, 2021
He could be a bank worker or a hacker. They can get your details through government programs as well.
Re: How Do Scammers Get Our Correct Details? by sylve11: 4:55pm On May 26, 2021
Nathaniel111:
They are bank staffs. Infact they check your account balance before they give out your details.

One sent 100k to my acct 2018.
They first blocked my ATM card before the transfer..
I was sent a notification that my ATM has been disabled.

Buh i choose to ignor the text.
Hours later i received a credit alert of 100k on a raining afternoon.

Immediately i got the credit alrt, i quickly move the moni to my UBA acct using my first monie mobile app.

They had no choice than to call my phone with threats buh i ignored them and go straight my my bank.

Bad man... cheesy cool
Re: How Do Scammers Get Our Correct Details? by owobokiri(m): 4:55pm On May 26, 2021
Why do they start cursing out when you catch them tho..?
Were they expecting their victims to be making it easy for them?

11 Likes

Re: How Do Scammers Get Our Correct Details? by BlueOrion: 4:56pm On May 26, 2021
Nwanna2588:
A brother out of shame is dying in silence after being duped by some fraudsters. They posed as a relative and duped him. He paid almost half a million to 4 account numbers they gave him. The four account numbers are all individual account and all their GSM numbers are out of reach now. Please learned colleagues help me to help him. How can one start a case like that? The deed has been done and it is now over a month. What is the right approach? Please I need a plurality of opinion from those that can help. You can save a soul
Create a thread and get a wider audience

1 Like

Re: How Do Scammers Get Our Correct Details? by aigbokiejohnson(m): 4:56pm On May 26, 2021
Sacked bank staff likely
Re: How Do Scammers Get Our Correct Details? by Nobody: 4:56pm On May 26, 2021
Cutezt:

Have you ever taken a loan via those loan apps?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Scammers Get Our Correct Details? by Downey(f): 4:57pm On May 26, 2021
A lots of Soft ware are out there to get your details without been a bank staff.
Re: How Do Scammers Get Our Correct Details? by felixjet(m): 4:58pm On May 26, 2021
I guess nobody seems to be looking at the call agent guys. I work in same building with them in Ibadan and from time to time, some of them get arrested for fraud. They work in collaboration with some fraudulent bankers to steal money from peoples accounts. The call agent guys can seize the network on your phones while the bankers move money around and you might end up not getting any alerts, they also have access to personal info too...those are just the few i have learnt here, I'm sure a lot more goes on in there too.

9 Likes

Re: How Do Scammers Get Our Correct Details? by Tunapii(m): 5:00pm On May 26, 2021
Cutezt:

Thanks a Bunch for this OP.
My issue is not even about scam, scam is everywhere This days, one just have to be extremely careful.
But my issue gangan is that "why is it always ACCESS Bank", I operate 3 Banks Acct (GTB, STANBIC, ACCESS) no scammer as ever called me regarding other Banks. But You see that Access Bank, there scammer calls me like every week.. That Bank seems a fraud Bank itself. Little wonder I stopped Transacting with the Bank����

4 Likes

Re: How Do Scammers Get Our Correct Details? by Judolisco(m): 5:01pm On May 26, 2021
Na after I comut for nysc camp those idiots start dey call me... I jst dey laugh... No b person wey get money dem suppose dey call... Immediately I know it's dem like dis I go jst tell d guy alaye dis format Don cast forget... Dem go off phone... And na access bank people and loan apps

3 Likes

Re: How Do Scammers Get Our Correct Details? by Chiemeka1: 5:02pm On May 26, 2021
They are using random BVN number cos BVN shows one's informations. Meaning they will use applications to process any 11 digit number which starts with 222*** or 22***** and that will show many information about someone.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Who Offered Three Of His Family Members For Rituals Arrested In Anambra.PICS / Soldiers Punished A Masquerade Who Harrased Them For Money In Lagos. / Nigerian Cocaine Dealer Arrested In Bangkok (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.