Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,554 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Military Airstrikes In Imo: Ohanaeze, IPOB Kick - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Airstrikes In Imo: Ohanaeze, IPOB Kick (36889 Views)

Ohanaeze: IPOB Must End Sit-At-Home Now, Business In Southeast Crumbling / Ohanaeze, IPOB, AGF Disagree Over Formation Of Legal Team To Monitor Kanu’s Tria / Chidi Ibe Rejects Proposals From Governors, Inaugurates Imo Ohanaeze Chapter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Military Airstrikes In Imo: Ohanaeze, IPOB Kick by Le124(m): 10:13am On May 22, 2021
Igbo socio-political group, Ohanaeze, and the Indigenous People of Biafra have kicked against the resumption of airstrikes in Imo State by security operatives.

There was panic in Imo state on Friday as security operatives resumed airstrikes in the state.

The military bombardment was reported to have been initiated against those terrorising the state.

The airstrikes, which took place in Amuzi and Odenkwume communities in the Ihitte/Uboma Local Government Area and some neighbouring communities in the Ihitte/Uboma LGA of the state caused the natives to flee their homes.

An indigene of the area said, “There is an ongoing military airstrike in Odenkwume and Amuzi communities in Obowo and their neighbouring communities in Ihitte/Uboma LGA.

“They have continued to attack the communities in search of gunmen suspected to be ESN (Eastern Security Network) members, thereby putting the people of the area in fear.

“Just a few minutes ago, I got a call from my brother and other family members to inform me of what is going on in my community. There is a heavy downpour now that a temporarily suspended airstrike continued in Odenkwume Odenkwume.”When contacted, the Commissioner of Police in the state, Abutu Yaro, told Saturday PUNCH that he knew nothing about military activities.

The CP said, “I don’t know anything about military activities in the state. I only know that of the police.”

Efforts to get the comments of the spokesperson for the 34 Artillery Brigade Command, Obinze, Owerri, Babatunde Zubairu, proved abortive. Though he promised to get back to our correspondent, he had yet to do so as of the time of filing this report.

But the spokesperson for Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Alex Ogbenna, told our correspondent that it was against the ongoing military operations in the South-East, saying there was no peculiar reason for a concentrated military operation in the zone.According to Ogbenna, the insecurity in the South-East and the South-South zones is not different from what is happening in the North-East and other parts of the country.

He said, “There is nothing special happening in the South-East and the South-South zones that is peculiar, compared to what is happening in other parts of the country.

“Ohanaeze Ndigbo has already issued a press statement on this that we are against the arrest of our youths without any justifiable reason by the military.”Also, the Indigenous People of Biafra kicked against the military airstrikes, saying the Federal Government has declared war on Biafra by resuming its military operations in the South-East.

The proscribed group stated this in a statement by its Director of Media and Publicity, Emma Powerful, which was made available to Saturday PUNCH on Friday.

The statement read in part, “Just two days ago, the Inspector General of Police, while launching a special police operation for the South-East called Operation Restore Peace, in Enugu, confirmed the people’s fears when he asked police personnel not to wait for any other special order before they start killing protesters and anyone confronting them in the zone.He specifically directed them to ensure they eliminate anybody suspected to be a Biafran agitator or IPOB member, and not to bother bringing them to police stations anymore.

“There are so many security challenges in the North where the rampaging Boko Haram terrorists and bandits have seized the control of many communities and the local government areas, yet there is no shoot-on-sight order declared by the double-faced Buhari-led Federal Government. South-East and South-South are not at war with anybody but Fulani terrorists supported by the Nigerian government brought war into our land, killing innocent people while pointing accusing fingers at IPOB members and ESN operatives.”

https://punchng.com/ohanaeze-ipob-kick-as-military-resumes-airstrikes-in-imo/

7 Likes

Re: Military Airstrikes In Imo: Ohanaeze, IPOB Kick by BombAttack(f): 10:15am On May 22, 2021
They will fail and all the people hating and killing igbos will die like the COAS.

422 Likes 40 Shares

Re: Military Airstrikes In Imo: Ohanaeze, IPOB Kick by johnmartus(m): 10:16am On May 22, 2021
What is wrong with ohaneze the military only after ipob terrorist.

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Military Airstrikes In Imo: Ohanaeze, IPOB Kick by Coldshisha: 10:17am On May 22, 2021

The government and media houses are intentionally hiding facts of an ongoing military strikes in Imo state

What am seeing on Twitter shows a full scale military opreations

219 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Military Airstrikes In Imo: Ohanaeze, IPOB Kick by MsAllison(f): 10:20am On May 22, 2021
Coldshisha:
The government and media houses are intentionally hiding facts of an ongoing military strikes in Imo state

What am seeing on Twitter shows a full scale military opreations

kiss

1 Like

Re: Military Airstrikes In Imo: Ohanaeze, IPOB Kick by BombAttack(f): 10:20am On May 22, 2021
johnmartus:
Please don't quote me again.

You rejoice over the killings of Igbos, shame on you.

239 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Military Airstrikes In Imo: Ohanaeze, IPOB Kick by sapientia(m): 10:20am On May 22, 2021
iswap camped in a known village in Bornu before attacking sambisa forest

But Nigeria army ignored them

201 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Military Airstrikes In Imo: Ohanaeze, IPOB Kick by MsAllison(f): 10:23am On May 22, 2021
Adadike is this about UGM too?

Why air strike when you know that there will be more vulnerable civilians mainly women and children than the gun men who'll flee the environs if at all there's any gunmen there.

dear this is time for all igbos to condemn this perfectly planned genocide instead of gloating.

87 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Military Airstrikes In Imo: Ohanaeze, IPOB Kick by BombAttack(f): 10:27am On May 22, 2021
MsAllison:

Why air strike when you know that there will be more vulnerable civilians mainly women and children than the gun men who'll flee the environs if at all there's any gunmen there.

dear this is time for all igbos to condemn this perfectly planned genocide instead of gloating.

Nairaland is deleting all comment and thread exposing the carnage going on in the southeast.

All Nigerian Media houses are not reporting them

I only saw few videos and footage on france24, a foreign channel.

122 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Military Airstrikes In Imo: Ohanaeze, IPOB Kick by johnmartus(m): 10:27am On May 22, 2021
I'm not supporting the killing of igbo people I only happy and celebrate whenever our gallant soldiers killed ipob terrorist just normal way we celebrate the death of bokoharam.
BombAttack:

You rejoice over the killings of Igbos, shame on you.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Airstrikes In Imo: Ohanaeze, IPOB Kick by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:27am On May 22, 2021
I don't know how the Northern men in the military thinks....by bombing an area, you thin you can kill there spirit without finding solutions to all injustices.
The spirit of an injured soul cannot be defeated or crushed, it will continue to rise. There will come a time the growing agitation will be supported by the people, then i wonder if the army can fight the whole people in a gorilla warfare! Even mighty USA could not crush northern Vietnam fighters n gorrila fighters.
Nigeria should dialogue with every agitators....we are better together as one!

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Military Airstrikes In Imo: Ohanaeze, IPOB Kick by yanabasee1(m): 10:28am On May 22, 2021
johnmartus:
What is wrong with ohaneze the military only after ipob terrorist.

The FG/military sees all igbos as Igbos.....

Almost 95% of igbos are in support of their Biafra.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Military Airstrikes In Imo: Ohanaeze, IPOB Kick by Coldshisha: 10:29am On May 22, 2021
MsAllison:

angry

You supported Airstrike in Gaza and Palestinians territory now it's Imo State you are changing narratives?!

ngadaAwo who do you like this

46 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Military Airstrikes In Imo: Ohanaeze, IPOB Kick by johnmartus(m): 10:30am On May 22, 2021
Alright but terrorist sympathizers are also a terrorist they should be all wasted.
yanabasee1:

The FG/military sees all igbos as Igbos.....

Almost 95% of igbos are in support of their Biafra.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Airstrikes In Imo: Ohanaeze, IPOB Kick by Nobody: 10:31am On May 22, 2021
Consequences of Buhari's maladministration.
Hopefully no civilian is killed.
It's much more easier to tackle enemies hiding out in forests than those who live in the midst of communities.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Military Airstrikes In Imo: Ohanaeze, IPOB Kick by BombAttack(f): 10:31am On May 22, 2021
johnmartus:
I'm not supporting the killing of igbo people I only happy and celebrate whenever our gallant soldiers killed ipob terrorist just normal way we celebrate the death of bokoharam.

Igbos are Indigenous People of Biafra

If you like tag them terrorist

The fact remains that they are Igbos and you are rejoicing and celebrating their killings.

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Military Airstrikes In Imo: Ohanaeze, IPOB Kick by Yoyoyoo(m): 10:31am On May 22, 2021
That's on a brighter note
Re: Military Airstrikes In Imo: Ohanaeze, IPOB Kick by Olatunji1929: 10:31am On May 22, 2021
Why are ipob terrorist and their useless papa wailing and crying?fed govt should just do what Israel did to terrorist hamas to terrorist ipob

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Military Airstrikes In Imo: Ohanaeze, IPOB Kick by BarrElChapo(m): 10:31am On May 22, 2021
WTF ! While ISWAP and Boko Haram are running a bilateral government in the North ?

Onye uno ya n' agba oku ona hapu ya jee chu ba oke
(A person whose house is on fire doesn't leave it and goes about chasing rats) undecided

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Airstrikes In Imo: Ohanaeze, IPOB Kick by yanabasee1(m): 10:31am On May 22, 2021
johnmartus:
Alright but terrorist sympathizers are also a terrorist they should be all wasted.

Like Pantami, right?

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Airstrikes In Imo: Ohanaeze, IPOB Kick by SEasternVictory: 10:32am On May 22, 2021
Thank god for the very good news we all received yesterday smiley

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Military Airstrikes In Imo: Ohanaeze, IPOB Kick by Strongbest(m): 10:32am On May 22, 2021
No! Look, let's tell ourselves the truth here. This is very uncalled for.

I am not in support of Ipob whatsoever but this is dangerous act by the nigeria army.

Airstrike, for what? Is everyone there an Ipob?

Can we say everyone in borno and every other bandits and Boko Haram prone areas should be bombed because of the presence of bokoharam and bandits?

To me, this is a cold war against certain people and anyone in support of this, is wicked and stupid. This injustice.

Just don't forget what goes around comes around.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Airstrikes In Imo: Ohanaeze, IPOB Kick by Simplyleo: 10:32am On May 22, 2021
I thought since coas has died in plane crash, ipob terrorists and ugm will be spared of their terrorist activities.

Even if an igbo is appointed as the coas today, I'm 100% certain he will crush any ipob terrorist. Just that ipob pigs will now change the narrative as usual such as, "if they want to attack us, they will fix our people in the position".

You challenged the govt, stand up and face the challenge, stop making inconsequential noise.

To them, death is a punishment.

Ipob pigs are foolish illiterates

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Military Airstrikes In Imo: Ohanaeze, IPOB Kick by DropsMic(m): 10:32am On May 22, 2021
Smh
Re: Military Airstrikes In Imo: Ohanaeze, IPOB Kick by Nobody: 10:33am On May 22, 2021
Airstrikes in the south east while the iswap ridden north is looking for airforce

You guys are really recruiting more people for esn
undecided

29 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Anambra Election: ₦400 & A Can Of Malt Shared To Electorates (Video, Photos) / President Buhari Congratulates President-Elect, Bola Tinubu / I Am Number 7 On Gej's Snipper List - El-rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.