Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Nigerian International Passport Advice Pls - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian International Passport Advice Pls (1317 Views)

Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) / The New Nigerian International Passport: The Truth And The Lies By AutoReportNG / Cost Of New Nigerian International Passport By Categories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian International Passport Advice Pls by Jennycoolz(f): 2:23pm On May 22, 2021
Afternoon nairalanders kiss

I Applied for my Nigeria international passport in the year 2017 and I travelled that same year to South Korea
I spent 2yrs plus in South Korea so I had to return back to Nigeria to apply for a canadian visa

Unfortunately I wasn't granted the canadian visa so I just gave up on travelling for that moment and settled down for my gold business here in Nigeria
I was told at the canadian embassy in lekki , ikate, Lagos , that seems my visa was denied they've transfered my passport to their other branch in victoria island , Lagos

I went to V.I and I was told that seems I've delayed by not coming to collect it on time they've sent it to Abuja , their headquarter due to my delay of coming to retrieve it

Now here's my question pls, I've never been to Abuja and my passport has been there for almost 2yrs now bc I didn't take travelling serious for those past months

1. What's the possibility that I can still get my passport

2. Is there any duration it takes to get it ? Or can I be certain that I can just get it on time by going there with more money to lobby?

3. Are there any fixed amount of money to retrieve it from the embassy? Maybe due to delay

Pls note it's a 5yrs passport and it's expired already bc I got it in March, 2017...

Pls if you were to be in my shoes what best would you do and how would you go about this trip and plans pls?
Thanks ....
Re: Nigerian International Passport Advice Pls by Osebanjo(m): 3:09pm On May 22, 2021
Find info about their HQ maybe there's a way you can contact them via e-mail to find things out. The pp still have till next year march before it expire.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian International Passport Advice Pls by Jennycoolz(f): 11:57pm On May 22, 2021
I need volunteers pls , more ideas needed pls
Re: Nigerian International Passport Advice Pls by Jennycoolz(f): 11:57pm On May 22, 2021
Osebanjo:
Find info about their HQ maybe their's a way you can contact them via e-mail to find things out. The pp still have till next year march before it expire.
thanks
Re: Nigerian International Passport Advice Pls by travelwaka: 12:26am On May 23, 2021
You have few options here
1. Since it has expired, you can treat it as a misplaced passport and register for a new one
2. You can go to abuja to collect it then apply for a new one since they will ask for your old passport to register for the new one

Click here for cheap flight tickets www.travelstart.com/discount

1 Like

Re: Nigerian International Passport Advice Pls by Helkayklassic(m): 3:30am On May 23, 2021
If you got it in March 2017, then it has not expired. It will expire next year March. E never reach 5yrs na, it just clock 4 this year March.

Search for their “contact us” online and mail them, hopefully you’ll get a response from them if you know your passport number off hand.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian International Passport Advice Pls by BigDawsNet: 11:59am On May 25, 2021
I really don't understand why your passport is been transferred to FTC

Hope is not understand investigation based on your visa application

Anyway...i believe your passport is still valid..travel to Abuja to request it....
Re: Nigerian International Passport Advice Pls by MarshRiley(m): 5:26pm On May 25, 2021
Why did they transfer your visa to Abuja in the first place? Try contacting them via mail, they respond most of the time, I would be going there on Monday, I’ll try to confirm if it’s possible/true that ones visa gets transferred to Hq if you don’t come pick it up on time
Re: Nigerian International Passport Advice Pls by Carlyboi(m): 10:54pm On Jun 06, 2021
Go back to any of their offices and request for it to be mailed to your address that you would pay for the cost or for it to be sent to the office (consulate/embassy)where you applied for Canadian visa that you’d come back to pick up in person simply cos it’s not expired yet.You can send a email to make the request too.

And,Unless you have an attachment to that passport you can just apply for a new one if they insist you go to Abuja to get it but the downside is are you really sure it’s in Abuja?Anyways tryout those options first tho
Re: Nigerian International Passport Advice Pls by Nobody: 11:31am On Jun 07, 2021
Osebanjo:
Find info about their HQ maybe their's a way you can contact them via e-mail to find things out. The pp still have till next year march before it expire.
Re: Nigerian International Passport Advice Pls by Osebanjo(m): 1:50pm On Jun 15, 2021
nowhere:
thanks
Re: Nigerian International Passport Advice Pls by bigtt76(f): 2:09pm On Jun 15, 2021
The Canadian high commission did the right thing transferring your passport to NIS Abuja because though issued to you, remained the property of the Nigerian government through NIS.

Best thing is go to Abuja and retrieve it back as you would need it in the future as proof of previous travels.

(1) (Reply)

People Talked About What Surprised Them When They Moved Abroad / Lady Relocates From The UK To Nigeria To Enjoy Peace Of Mind / How Can I Get An Ecowas Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.