Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,170 members, 7,835,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Advice: Where To Relocate To With $30k USD In Savings - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Advice: Where To Relocate To With $30k USD In Savings (1317 Views)

How It Is Possible To Live In The Uk For 30 Years And Have Zero In Savings. / Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada / My Monthly Savings In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice: Where To Relocate To With $30k USD In Savings by jogonu(m): 8:14am On Jan 20, 2023
Hi all, reaching out for this forum’s advise on best place to relocate to (or even if I should relocate). My background and reason I’m asking opinion if this forum

Background:
- Graduated from Nigeria
- Currently an HR Manager with monthly net of about $3,000 usd
- In my 30s and single.
- Come from a God centered mid-income family
- Currently based in Asia working for a Tech company

Reason:
Been thinking to settle down and start a family but where I am, there’s really no path to citizenship and permanent residence. For me it’s important any kid I have is exposed to opportunities I didn’t get as a child. Moreover Asia is not a place I want to eventually settle in. Right now I’ve saved enough to help me start a life somewhere else so I’ve really been thinking about it.

Is it advisable to relocate to the Western world based on student status? Lol I don’t have $150k to buy citizenship in Caribbean’s
Job option is possible but HR is not as high in demand as Tech, plus there are local nuances that impact HR - like language, country laws etc.

2 Likes

Re: Advice: Where To Relocate To With $30k USD In Savings by shegzhkn: 8:26am On Jan 20, 2023
Maybe try Uncle Sam or her neighbor.

1 Like

Re: Advice: Where To Relocate To With $30k USD In Savings by jogonu(m): 8:35am On Jan 20, 2023
shegzhkn:
Maybe try Uncle or her neighbor.

Re: Advice: Where To Relocate To With $30k USD In Savings by shegzhkn: 9:06am On Jan 20, 2023
jogonu:

Everything alright??
Re: Advice: Where To Relocate To With $30k USD In Savings by oluflourish: 10:23am On Jan 20, 2023
Well, there is no point if you can't get PR or citizenship in couple of years. And it's a good decision to start a family.
One of the fastest way to get a PR as someone is trying to raise a family is through Birth tourism, it's afford you the opportunity to apply for PR, and citizenship in few years, at least your kids are automatically citizens.
Brazil, mexico, Chile, Portugal. But in Portugal,you need to be a resident for a year for your kids to have that privilege. The only thing is if you can learn the language cos you need it.
Also look at Digital nomad visas, if the present job you do now can make you work remotely, why not try Portugal or any of the above countries.
$30k in lump sum can give you residency in Chile, thereby also given birth to a Chilean.
Chilean passport is great, even better than US and Canada.. it takes you to important places in the world.
Brazil also great, all depends on what you want.
You have many options with that such amount with residency by investment that is expensive.
Good luck.
Re: Advice: Where To Relocate To With $30k USD In Savings by Spanishmilf(m): 10:27am On Jan 20, 2023
This question has been asked how many times now
Rinse and repeat questions every time
Re: Advice: Where To Relocate To With $30k USD In Savings by oluflourish: 10:28am On Jan 20, 2023
Those passport are good, an carries no weight or controversies, anyone can be a Brazilian.
US,Canada are not such amazing place to be. If you look beyond the west, there are amazing places and opportunities for what you want.
If also you can get direct PR to Canada, Australia, it also gives you citizenship in 5yrs
Re: Advice: Where To Relocate To With $30k USD In Savings by jogonu(m): 3:55pm On Jan 20, 2023
Thanks for the advise. I have a Lithuanian friend that did 1 year in Chile and she quite liked it. And I do have a few friends from central and South America - i’ll have a chat with one to get a reality of things there.
Although Europe is a preference due to proximity to home but not closing doors to other places.

oluflourish:
Well, there is no point if you can't get PR or citizenship in couple of years. And it's a good decision to start a family.
One of the fastest way to get a PR as someone is trying to raise a family is through Birth tourism, it's afford you the opportunity to apply for PR, and citizenship in few years, at least your kids are automatically citizens.
Brazil, mexico, Chile, Portugal. But in Portugal,you need to be a resident for a year for your kids to have that privilege. The only thing is if you can learn the language cos you need it.
Also look at Digital nomad visas, if the present job you do now can make you work remotely, why not try Portugal or any of the above countries.
$30k in lump sum can give you residency in Chile, thereby also given birth to a Chilean.
Chilean passport is great, even better than US and Canada.. it takes you to important places in the world.
Brazil also great, all depends on what you want.
You have many options with that such amount with residency by investment that is expensive.
Good luck.
Re: Advice: Where To Relocate To With $30k USD In Savings by LittleBigDick(m): 6:45am On Jan 21, 2023
Relocating to a different country can be a big decision and it's important to consider all factors before making a move. Based on your background and reasons for wanting to relocate, here are a few things to consider:

Job opportunities: As you mentioned, HR is not as high in demand as tech in many countries, so it's important to research job opportunities in the countries you are considering. You may also want to consider countries where your skills and experience are in high demand, as this will increase your chances of finding a job.

Cost of living: The cost of living in different countries can vary widely, so it's important to research the cost of living in the countries you are considering. This will help you determine how much money you will need to save before you make the move.

Path to citizenship: As you mentioned, it's important for you to have the opportunity to gain permanent residence or citizenship in the country you are considering. Research the requirements and process for gaining permanent residence or citizenship in the countries you are considering.

Quality of life: It's important to consider the quality of life in the countries you are considering. Research the culture, climate, and other factors that are important to you to ensure that the country you choose will be a good fit for you and your future family.

Local nuances: As you mentioned, there are local nuances like language, country laws that impact HR, it's important to research the laws and regulations that are specific to each country and determine if they align with your values and career goals

Education and Child opportunities: You want your child to be exposed to opportunities that you didn’t have as a child, research the education system and opportunities for children in the countries you are considering.

Overall, it's important to research and consider all factors before making a decision to relocate. It may also be helpful to speak with people who have already made the move to the countries you are considering, to get a better understanding of what to expect.
Re: Advice: Where To Relocate To With $30k USD In Savings by Geo4646: 12:55pm On Jan 21, 2023
jogonu:
Hi all, reaching out for this forum’s advise on best place to relocate to (or even if I should relocate). My background and reason I’m asking opinion if this forum

Background:
- Graduated from Nigeria
- In my 30s and single.

Reason:
Been thinking to settle down and start a family but where I am, there’s really no path to citizenship and permanent residence. For me it’s important any kid I have is exposed to opportunities I didn’t get as a child. Moreover Asia is not a place I want to eventually settle in. Right now I’ve saved enough to help me start a life somewhere else so I’ve really been thinking about it.

Is it advisable to relocate to the Western world based on student status? Lol I don’t have $150k to buy citizenship in Caribbean’s
Job option is possible but HR is not as high in demand as Tech, plus there are local nuances that impact HR - like language, country laws etc.

Hello,
Pls I would send you Pm. Thanks
Re: Advice: Where To Relocate To With $30k USD In Savings by oluflourish: 3:00pm On Feb 01, 2023
Geo4646:

Send me mail from the profile

Hello,
Pls I would send you Pm. Thanks
Re: Advice: Where To Relocate To With $30k USD In Savings by jantman(m): 1:14am On Feb 05, 2023
jogonu:

Background:
- Graduated from Nigeria
- In my 30s and single.

Reason:

This my spiritual advice will save you.

If you can, migrate to Canada or Australia as soon as possible.

(1) (Reply)

Form A / Tier 1 General Higly Skilled Application In Abuja Refused: I Need Help! / I Am Visiting South Africa But My Intention Is To Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.