Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,454 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Edo PDP Expels Ex-Commissioner Afegbua - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo PDP Expels Ex-Commissioner Afegbua (11620 Views)

Achor Nna: PDP Expels Pro-Wike Lawmaker Who Went To Fubara's Camp / PDP Expels Nnamani, Ogbu, Ajijola Others From The Party / Osun PDP Expels Dotun Babayemi After Supreme Court Ruling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo PDP Expels Ex-Commissioner Afegbua by etokhana: 3:00pm On May 22, 2021
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has expelled a former commissioner for Information in Edo State, Prince Kassim Afegbua, over anti-party activities in his ward before and during the 2020 Edo State governorship.

Afegbua’s expulsion from PDP was contained in a letter by the Edo State chairman of PDP, Dr Tony Aziegbemi, which was addressed to the PDP national chairman, Prince Uche Secondus.

The letter dated May 17, 2021 and
entitled “Re: Resolution of the expulsion of Kassim Afegbua as a member of PDP”, said Afegbua failed to appear before disciplinary committees setup by his ward, local government area and at the state levels.

Afegbua’s expulsion comes on the heels of his petition to the Economic Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and the Independent Corrupt Practices and other related offenses Commission (ICPC), demanding, among other things, that they investigate how the party leadership allegedly spent N10billion it generated during the purchase of forms for the 2019 general election.

While PDP insisted that it generated N4.6billion, the EFCC has since invited some members of the party’s National Working Committee (NWC) over the allegation.

However, according to the letter obtained by LEADERSHIP, it reads: “Mr Kassim Afegbua as a member of PDP hitherto engaged in series of anti-party activities in his ward before and during Edo State Gubernatorial election of September 19, 2020.

“All attempts by his ward, Local Government Area and State Disciplinary Committees to secure his attendance at various meetings to clear himself of all allegations proved abortive.

“I hereby forward herewith to you the expulsion of Mr Kassim Afegbua as unanimously affirmed by the State Disciplinary Committee of our party in Edo State.”
https://leadership.ng/pdp-expels-ex-commissioner-afegbua/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

2 Likes

Re: Edo PDP Expels Ex-Commissioner Afegbua by Pierocash(m): 3:52pm On May 22, 2021
When I was saying it last year ,that the same way Obaseki caused so much problem in APC and using the "godfather theory" to win sympathy,he will do same in PDP .

Has it not started? I told them Obaseki will cause so much problem in PDP like he did in APC ,they think I was joking

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Edo PDP Expels Ex-Commissioner Afegbua by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 4:08pm On May 22, 2021
Pierocash:
When I was saying it last year ,that the same way Obaseki caused so much problem in APC and using the "godfather theory" to win sympathy,he will do same in PDP .

Has it not started? I told them Obaseki will cause so much problem in PDP like he did in APC ,they think I was joking
Get over the defeat, Edo no be Lagos. The suspension is long over due. This same man is causing problem in Pdp supporting apc during the last election against his party candidate.He is an apc mole that should have been expelled since from Pdp.

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Edo PDP Expels Ex-Commissioner Afegbua by SweetJoystick(m): 4:31pm On May 22, 2021
Pierocash:

Are you not aware that the expelled truly did play anti party politics before and during the elections? He openly expressed his disdain for Obaseki and was on the side of Adams/Pastor. Do you expect the party not to take action, then others follows suit in the near future. The party is above any individual, if you don't align with the party's candidate, quit rather than undermine the party publicly.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo PDP Expels Ex-Commissioner Afegbua by bodedan: 5:37pm On May 22, 2021
Get a professional website.
Re: Edo PDP Expels Ex-Commissioner Afegbua by InaNla(f): 5:38pm On May 22, 2021
Useless cow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo PDP Expels Ex-Commissioner Afegbua by Xyzee: 5:39pm On May 22, 2021
No be that IBB spokesman be this?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo PDP Expels Ex-Commissioner Afegbua by InaNla(f): 5:39pm On May 22, 2021
[s]
Pierocash:

[/s]

Absolutely nonsensical!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo PDP Expels Ex-Commissioner Afegbua by Greatfuliot21: 5:39pm On May 22, 2021

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo PDP Expels Ex-Commissioner Afegbua by hopexter(m): 5:39pm On May 22, 2021
The governor don scatter PDP again. This one na Oshiomhole fault too abi. Wahala grin grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo PDP Expels Ex-Commissioner Afegbua by BabaIbo: 5:39pm On May 22, 2021
No be the man wey dey tackle Obaseki left and right when he joined PDP be this?

If he is the one, I don't see anything wrong with the decision.
He too do during the election.

4 Likes

Re: Edo PDP Expels Ex-Commissioner Afegbua by NifemiKolade(m): 5:40pm On May 22, 2021
Well, if truly he's guilty of playing home and away then he should be shown a red card grin

1 Like

Re: Edo PDP Expels Ex-Commissioner Afegbua by virginboy1(m): 5:40pm On May 22, 2021
I don't know why I don't like seeing any PDP and APC news on front-page.

They are both deadbeats parties. Only concerned about their political interest and not that of the people. sad

6 Likes

Re: Edo PDP Expels Ex-Commissioner Afegbua by Bayajidda1: 5:42pm On May 22, 2021
grin

1 Like

Re: Edo PDP Expels Ex-Commissioner Afegbua by Bayajidda1: 5:42pm On May 22, 2021
grin grin
Re: Edo PDP Expels Ex-Commissioner Afegbua by pretydiva(f): 5:42pm On May 22, 2021
there's fire on the mountain
grin grin grin
Re: Edo PDP Expels Ex-Commissioner Afegbua by Tareq1105: 5:43pm On May 22, 2021
SweetJoystick:

Are you not aware that the expelled truly did play anti party politics before and during the elections? He openly expressed his disdain for Obaseki and was on the side of Adams/Pastor. Do you expect the party not to take action, then others follows suit in the near future. The party is above any individual, if you don't align with the party's candidate, quit rather than undermine the party publicly.

Bcoz he was against the imposition of Obaseki over the original PDP in the state and of course over how the#6b Tax Collector money was shared.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo PDP Expels Ex-Commissioner Afegbua by Kindledlight(m): 5:54pm On May 22, 2021
This man giving kola and co tax collectors hot hot and he will still come on TV to tell us it’s APC that is telling EFCC to investigate them

I wonder what he takes Nigerians for?

3 Likes

Re: Edo PDP Expels Ex-Commissioner Afegbua by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 5:54pm On May 22, 2021
Tareq1105:

Bcoz he was against the imposition of Obaseki over the original PDP in the state and of course over how the#6b Tax Collector money was shared.
How many Billions was shared when Pastor was imposed on apc and Obaseki denied ticket?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo PDP Expels Ex-Commissioner Afegbua by wink2015(m): 5:59pm On May 22, 2021
AFEGBAI IS AN OSHIOMOLE BOY.

He was a mule planted by Oshiomole to scatter the PDP.

Afegbai has never added value to the Edo state politics.

Afegbai is to damage Edo state politics to give himself and other gangster an opportunity to loot the treasury of the state.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Edo PDP Expels Ex-Commissioner Afegbua by Confirmedzombie: 6:03pm On May 22, 2021
Bad news every time from PDP in the South East.

I see APC been the ruling party in all SE states

4 Likes

Re: Edo PDP Expels Ex-Commissioner Afegbua by ekestic1976(f): 6:09pm On May 22, 2021
The LAST has not been seen or heard about this story, so put it in the category of Developing Story!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo PDP Expels Ex-Commissioner Afegbua by Nnnena(f): 6:20pm On May 22, 2021

1 Share

Re: Edo PDP Expels Ex-Commissioner Afegbua by BabaO2: 6:36pm On May 22, 2021
2021Blogger:
grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m638OgHWGfQ&t=2s
why cant SW too push for railway connection to Republic of Benin when Buhari is busy connecting railway to republic of Niger. Bunch of cowards and unthinking representatives at both the senate and house of representatives

(1) (2) (Reply)

Festus Keyamo: Many Senior Lawyers Praised My Position On EndSARS Panel Report / Adeoye Emerges Speaker Of Ekiti 7th Assembly / Buhari May Change His Mind On 2015 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.