Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,509 members, 7,812,576 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

Buhari May Change His Mind On 2015 Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari May Change His Mind On 2015 Election (11617 Views)

Okorocha At Asumpta Catholic, Gave His Life To Christ,Promises To Change His Way / Am Beginning To Have Double Mind On This Biafran Ish / PHOTO: Patience Jonathan Speaks Her Mind On The Elections (lol) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari May Change His Mind On 2015 Election by youngies(m): 6:22am On Jan 17, 2013
Former Head of State and three time Presidential candidate, Maj.-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), has said the ongoing merger talks by the major opposition political parties will determine if he will run for president in 2015.

Buhari said this in Abuja on Wednesday while fielding questions from reporters after inaugurating the Congress for Progressive Change Merger Committee.

The 18-member committee is saddled with the responsibility of having talks with the Action Congress of Nigeria on the proposed merger.

He explained that the CPC would first conclude discussions with the ACN after which talks would be initiated with the All Nigeria Peoples Party.

“We have written priority (with ACN) and we are going to go into discussion with ACN before we move to the other party,” the former Head of State told the journalists.

Buhari, however, assured, “It is not impossible that the new party is presented to the people of Nigeria by the middle of this year.”

The Katsina State-born general, who acknowledged the fact that he had said he would not run for the office of the President again, having failed to win the election three times, said he would wait for the outcome of the merger talks before giving a definite answer.

He said, “For the umpteenth time, I said it (that I won’t run again), it is on record that I would not present myself again for election.

“But after that, I have said so many times that members of my party and groups went and said that I don’t belong to myself and that I belong to them. They also said they belong to me.

“I asked them to go and organise the party and if you approach me I may consider it. This is the stage we are.

“I mentioned it several times and I’m waiting on my party and if we have a merger, it will make things much easier for me. The new party will then decide whether it will offer me its ticket and it is up to me to consider accepting it or rejecting it.”

While inaugurating the committee, which has a former Deputy Governor of Bauchi State, Alhaji Garba Gadi, as its chairman, Buhari said personal interest should not stand in the way of a great opportunity to build a better Nigeria.

This, he said, would happen once the CPC, ACN and ANPP came together as one party.

He said, “The issue before you now and as you go into your negotiations is fundamentally one – that you will negotiate the best deal for Nigeria.

“It is essentially a matter of give-and-take. There is nothing sacrosanct about any of the issues you will be called to thrash out, but of course, there is a bottom line, the outlines of which have been given in the committee’s terms of reference.

“Your task is national. Petty personal interest should not stand in the way of a great opportunity to build and run a better Nigeria, which will happen once CPC, ACN and ANPP come together.”

Buhari told the committee not to take the negotiations as a battle, saying it was a friendly game with fellow brothers who he said, desire the nation for what people like him also desire for the country.

He said the country was at a crossroads, stumbling from one disaster to another “simply because its leaders lack purpose.”

The former Head of State regretted that the opposition had also not been able to get its act together because its leaders had refused to unite.

“In Nigeria today, therefore, unity – unity of people, unity of political parties, and unity of the opposition is no longer an option. It has become a national imperative,” he added.

Buhari said it was a great joy to know that the leaders of the two parties were eager to merge, adding that the sentiment in the country was for full merger and not alliance or electoral understanding or anything of sorts.

According to him, “What Nigerians want is merger and that is what you are going to negotiate and bring home to them.”

He said the work of the committee would be simple because there was already in existence, an unexecuted understanding between the CPC and ACN for the creation of a new party, with a brand new logo and a new flag already designed and all other paraphernalia of a political party put in place.

All these, according to him, should be dusted off and built upon to avoid time wasting.

The committee, he said, should be able to finish its job in six weeks before the two parties would now constitutionally seal the merger in another six weeks.

Buhari said the new party should actively support the restructuring of the country, adding its 36-state structure was not working.

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-may-change-my-mind-on-2015-election-buhari/
http://channelkoos.com/index.php/news/3644-i-may-change-my-mind-on-2015-election-buhari

1 Like

Re: Buhari May Change His Mind On 2015 Election by braine(m): 6:40am On Jan 17, 2013
Baba please change your mind and run for presidency. This indiscipline in Nigeria must stop.

40 Likes

Re: Buhari May Change His Mind On 2015 Election by Burger01(m): 6:59am On Jan 17, 2013
Baba, after your crocodie tears on national TV and your promise not to run for presidential race if not electected during the last presidential election you are still pondering if you may change your mind... Baba sai, why are you not a man of your words? Nigeria can do better without you. Baba, please go retire from presidential race...leave the playing field for the youths...

33 Likes

Re: Buhari May Change His Mind On 2015 Election by omiobo: 7:42am On Jan 17, 2013
I can't wait to see Buhari handling the affairs of this nation. I sense the end of PDP. RIP PDP

6 Likes

Re: Buhari May Change His Mind On 2015 Election by jmaine: 7:47am On Jan 17, 2013
Please change your mind Sir.. ...this time you will be crying blood live on TV

Can't wait for that lovely scene grin . . . . .

Sai Vampire Buhari. . . . .You shall fail even more woefully this time

17 Likes

Re: Buhari May Change His Mind On 2015 Election by gbadexy(m): 8:24am On Jan 17, 2013
I hope the merger works.
To those of you clamoring for the return of regional government and secession, I feel the merger would provide the next best thing because I can see that buhari believes the 36 states structure isn't working and a restructuring of the country is being considered by him.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari May Change His Mind On 2015 Election by Nobody: 8:26am On Jan 17, 2013
Sai Buhari! I and my entire household will surely vote for you come 2015. cool

22 Likes

Re: Buhari May Change His Mind On 2015 Election by ujchief(m): 8:34am On Jan 17, 2013
Sir,
Anytime, anyday, you will have my vote! No matter the party you choose to run with.
I will keep voting the right person to fix this country, even if he's an indian.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari May Change His Mind On 2015 Election by Nobody: 8:37am On Jan 17, 2013
berem: Sai Buhari! I and my entire household will surely vote for you come 2015. cool

Deres fire on d mountain....
Nigerians have learnt d hard way...

Buhari all d way.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari May Change His Mind On 2015 Election by Nobody: 8:49am On Jan 17, 2013
If the merger succeeds, buhari and fashola could be presented.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari May Change His Mind On 2015 Election by REMMEI(m): 8:53am On Jan 17, 2013
All i know is that Nigeria will still be getting better..but when will the youth have chance in this country?..
Re: Buhari May Change His Mind On 2015 Election by grafikii: 8:55am On Jan 17, 2013
You have my vote anytime, any day

3 Likes

Re: Buhari May Change His Mind On 2015 Election by sasview: 9:08am On Jan 17, 2013
Sai Buhari !!! "Ori e wanibe"

3 Likes

Re: Buhari May Change His Mind On 2015 Election by usmanyaro17: 9:17am On Jan 17, 2013
All i know is that Buhari will never become Nigeria's President again,we must live with this fact,his generation has passed,he will do more harm than good to Nigeria because he is too vindictive and unforgiving, we need a leader who has a large heart not Buhari.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari May Change His Mind On 2015 Election by Inik(m): 9:24am On Jan 17, 2013
Buhari will contest the 2015 election after which he will make history as the first man to be rejected four consecutive times at presidential election polls by Nigerians. He will then scurry away with his bloodshot eyes to his cave in katsina to lick his wounds and live the remainder of his life in total obscurity.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari May Change His Mind On 2015 Election by Nobody: 9:24am On Jan 17, 2013
Imanuelle:

Deres fire on d mountain....
Nigerians have learnt d hard way...

Buhari all d way.
yes o! this time around na to shine eyes. nigerians need a vibrant leader and not a r.etard as president.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari May Change His Mind On 2015 Election by vanstanzy(m): 9:33am On Jan 17, 2013
If Buhari changes his mind, that will signal the inevitable end of the proposed merger. grin grin grin grin grin I have always known these guyz were jokers. grin grin grin
Re: Buhari May Change His Mind On 2015 Election by scholes23(m): 9:35am On Jan 17, 2013
Who cares
Re: Buhari May Change His Mind On 2015 Election by vanstanzy(m): 9:35am On Jan 17, 2013
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari May Change His Mind On 2015 Election by vanstanzy(m): 9:37am On Jan 17, 2013
youngies: Former Head of State and three time Presidential candidate, Maj.-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), has said the ongoing merger talks by the major opposition political parties will determine if he will run for president in 2015.

Buhari said this in Abuja on Wednesday while fielding questions from reporters after inaugurating the Congress for Progressive Change Merger Committee.

The 18-member committee is saddled with the responsibility of having talks with the Action Congress of Nigeria on the proposed merger.

He explained that the CPC would first conclude discussions with the ACN after which talks would be initiated with the All Nigeria Peoples Party.

“We have written priority (with ACN) and we are going to go into discussion with ACN before we move to the other party,” the former Head of State told the journalists.

Buhari, however, assured, “It is not impossible that the new party is presented to the people of Nigeria by the middle of this year.”

The Katsina State-born general, who acknowledged the fact that he had said he would not run for the office of the President again, having failed to win the election three times, said he would wait for the outcome of the merger talks before giving a definite answer.

He said, “For the umpteenth time, I said it (that I won’t run again), it is on record that I would not present myself again for election.

“But after that, I have said so many times that members of my party and groups went and said that I don’t belong to myself and that I belong to them. They also said they belong to me.

“I asked them to go and organise the party and if you approach me I may consider it. This is the stage we are.

“I mentioned it several times and I’m waiting on my party and if we have a merger, it will make things much easier for me. The new party will then decide whether it will offer me its ticket and it is up to me to consider accepting it or rejecting it.”

While inaugurating the committee, which has a former Deputy Governor of Bauchi State, Alhaji Garba Gadi, as its chairman, Buhari said personal interest should not stand in the way of a great opportunity to build a better Nigeria.

This, he said, would happen once the CPC, ACN and ANPP came together as one party.

He said, “The issue before you now and as you go into your negotiations is fundamentally one – that you will negotiate the best deal for Nigeria.

“It is essentially a matter of give-and-take. There is nothing sacrosanct about any of the issues you will be called to thrash out, but of course, there is a bottom line, the outlines of which have been given in the committee’s terms of reference.

“Your task is national. Petty personal interest should not stand in the way of a great opportunity to build and run a better Nigeria, which will happen once CPC, ACN and ANPP come together.”

Buhari told the committee not to take the negotiations as a battle, saying it was a friendly game with fellow brothers who he said, desire the nation for what people like him also desire for the country.

He said the country was at a crossroads, stumbling from one disaster to another “simply because its leaders lack purpose.”

The former Head of State regretted that the opposition had also not been able to get its act together because its leaders had refused to unite.

“In Nigeria today, therefore, unity – unity of people, unity of political parties, and unity of the opposition is no longer an option. It has become a national imperative,” he added.

Buhari said it was a great joy to know that the leaders of the two parties were eager to merge, adding that the sentiment in the country was for full merger and not alliance or electoral understanding or anything of sorts.

According to him, “What Nigerians want is merger and that is what you are going to negotiate and bring home to them.”

He said the work of the committee would be simple because there was already in existence, an unexecuted understanding between the CPC and ACN for the creation of a new party, with a brand new logo and a new flag already designed and all other paraphernalia of a political party put in place.

All these, according to him, should be dusted off and built upon to avoid time wasting.

The committee, he said, should be able to finish its job in six weeks before the two parties would now constitutionally seal the merger in another six weeks.

Buhari said the new party should actively support the restructuring of the country, adding its 36-state structure was not working.

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-may-change-my-mind-on-2015-election-buhari/
http://channelkoos.com/index.php/news/3644-i-may-change-my-mind-on-2015-election-buhari

The above is a very big lie and deceit. I wonder what Tinubus' opinion will be about this sudden u-turn?
Lets face it, Buhari will be out to deal ruthlessly with corrupt individuals, while Tinubu being corruption itself wouldn't want him on that seat for fear of the unknown. The question now is, "WHO IS GOING TO OUTSMART WHO?"
*To be continued!* grin grin
Re: Buhari May Change His Mind On 2015 Election by Artlove(m): 9:38am On Jan 17, 2013
usmanyaro17: All i know is that Buhari will never become Nigeria's President again,we must live with this fact,his generation has passed,he will do more harm than good to Nigeria because he is too vindictive and unforgiving, we need a leader who has a large heart not Buhari.
Re: Buhari May Change His Mind On 2015 Election by Nkemfranny: 9:39am On Jan 17, 2013
Well, all we want in dis country is sanity. Coz we all know that dat there is none now.
Re: Buhari May Change His Mind On 2015 Election by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 17, 2013
They all will..Buhari, Jonathan, etc. Aren't they politicians?
Re: Buhari May Change His Mind On 2015 Election by omiobo: 9:39am On Jan 17, 2013
In Buhari we can.

1 Like

Re: Buhari May Change His Mind On 2015 Election by Mamaflex(f): 9:40am On Jan 17, 2013
as if he is better
Re: Buhari May Change His Mind On 2015 Election by Artlove(m): 9:41am On Jan 17, 2013
grafikii: You have my vote anytime, any day
Re: Buhari May Change His Mind On 2015 Election by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 17, 2013
Let him have a change of heart.

Re: Buhari May Change His Mind On 2015 Election by MadCow1: 9:42am On Jan 17, 2013
INEC has already designed the 2015 ballot papers and Buharis name is on it as a DEFAULT candidate..

Shameless old PigFucker!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari May Change His Mind On 2015 Election by 2Legit2Qui: 9:43am On Jan 17, 2013
of course he is always changing his mind, he is never stable.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari May Change His Mind On 2015 Election by honeric01(m): 9:44am On Jan 17, 2013
We're waiting sir! cool
Re: Buhari May Change His Mind On 2015 Election by holyvirgin: 9:44am On Jan 17, 2013
grin
Inik: Buhari will contest the 2015 election after which he will make history as the first man to be rejected four consecutive times at presidential election polls by Nigerians. He will then scurry away with his bloodshot eyes to his cave in katsina to lick his wounds and live the remainder of his life in total obscurity.
I couldn't help but laugh, and so shall it be IJN, AMEN

3 Likes

Re: Buhari May Change His Mind On 2015 Election by Artlove(m): 9:44am On Jan 17, 2013
Mamaflex: as if he is better

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Police Salaries In Major Countries Of The World. / PDP: I Will Quit Politics If Supreme Court Affirms Sheriff Faction: Bode George / President Buhari Declares Open National Shareholders Summit On 2023 (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.