Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

$32 Million Stolen As Crypto Project Defi100 Pulls The Rug - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / $32 Million Stolen As Crypto Project Defi100 Pulls The Rug (3599 Views)

Help!! Pls, How Do We Retrieve Over 2 Million Stolen From My Uncle By Fraudsters / Bitcoin Company Runs Away With Investors $32 Million / Nigerian Man Returns $32,000 To Woman Scammed By Yahoo Boys (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

$32 Million Stolen As Crypto Project Defi100 Pulls The Rug by Vixlot: 7:44pm On May 22, 2021
Cryptocurrency project DeFi100 (CRYPTO: D100) has informed its investors that it defrauded them of their funds.

What Happened: According to a Saturday tweet by a cryptocurrency analyst, DeFi100 announced that it scammed its users in the following unkind and inelegant message: “We scammed you guys, and you can’t do s**t about it.”

According to the analyst, the scammers behind the project made away with $32 million in investor funds. The Twitter user also warned his followers that he expects more of such instances to happen:

"As the bull market fades, many projects will too! Expect a huge increase in exit scams over these next few months. Never invest in projects that are very new, with anonymous teams, made as memes, and have a lack of real utility. Stay safe everyone!"

The DeFi100 site (defi100.org) is now down.

Wild West Market: The news follows April reports of two Turkish cryptocurrency exchanges allegedly performing an exit scam. The first one, Thodex, saw local authorities detain 62 people under accusations of defrauding its customers of $2 billion worth of cryptocurrency.

The second one, Vedibitcoin, saw its bank accounts be frozen after announcing that it would cease all of its activities due to financial strains.

https://www.benzinga.com/markets/cryptocurrency/21/05/21247332/32-million-stolen-as-crypto-project-defi100-pulls-the-rug

Re: $32 Million Stolen As Crypto Project Defi100 Pulls The Rug by babyfaceafrica: 7:45pm On May 22, 2021
God

3 Likes

Re: $32 Million Stolen As Crypto Project Defi100 Pulls The Rug by shiffynaani(m): 7:49pm On May 22, 2021
What's the difference between DEVIL and DEFI? grin

It even came with version 100.

If you bought MMM and you STILL buy DEFI again, my brother how to kill yourself should be the next urgent thing on your agenda now !

11 Likes

Re: $32 Million Stolen As Crypto Project Defi100 Pulls The Rug by lwisee: 7:51pm On May 22, 2021
Nice one,my boss once told me that any investment that promise ROI that is higher than what the bank give,just run away from it and stay happy.

8 Likes

Re: $32 Million Stolen As Crypto Project Defi100 Pulls The Rug by tamdun: 7:51pm On May 22, 2021
grin mmm reloaded, crypto trading is gambling, u buy 100k crypto and expect it to turn to 1m overnight, sorry be ur name,the painful part is, the money is untraceable,instead of make una do better business, una dey look for shortcut, 13 billion just poof like that
binary option is another gambling in disguise, run for ya life

6 Likes

Re: $32 Million Stolen As Crypto Project Defi100 Pulls The Rug by ivolt: 7:53pm On May 22, 2021
grin grin grin
RIP!
Re: $32 Million Stolen As Crypto Project Defi100 Pulls The Rug by DDDEnterprises: 7:55pm On May 22, 2021
embarassed Aiye ooooooo!!! embarassed
Re: $32 Million Stolen As Crypto Project Defi100 Pulls The Rug by Vixlot: 8:00pm On May 22, 2021
Cryptocurrency= Ponzi Scheme + Gambling

Re: $32 Million Stolen As Crypto Project Defi100 Pulls The Rug by Lalami3232(m): 8:01pm On May 22, 2021
This crypto really cripple people sha
Re: $32 Million Stolen As Crypto Project Defi100 Pulls The Rug by HEAVEN4444: 8:01pm On May 22, 2021
i told fools this crypto thing is a scam.

1 Like

Re: $32 Million Stolen As Crypto Project Defi100 Pulls The Rug by UncleKoboko: 8:01pm On May 22, 2021
Lol!
Just like what that useless ROCKETMOON did to my guys... I kuku warned them say na rug pull and pump and dump useless token grin

I always tell people:

1. DON'T BUY COINS THAT HAS NO MAX SUPPLY (except Ethereum)

2. Don't buy any coin with more than 100 billion Supply.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: $32 Million Stolen As Crypto Project Defi100 Pulls The Rug by FarahAideed: 8:04pm On May 22, 2021
You wan use airdrop and 20 dollars be multimillionaire?

3 Likes

Re: $32 Million Stolen As Crypto Project Defi100 Pulls The Rug by Arda1000(m): 8:08pm On May 22, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
i told fools this crypto thing is a scam.
ignorance is a big diseases,Defi100 where you can stake and farm your crypto, crypto currency itself isn't a scam but scammers can use many means to take your crypto and sell

4 Likes

Re: $32 Million Stolen As Crypto Project Defi100 Pulls The Rug by HEAVEN4444: 8:11pm On May 22, 2021
Arda1000:
ignorance is a big diseases,Defi100 where you can stake and farm your crypto, crypto currency itself isn't a scam but scammers can use many means to take your crypto and sell
all you are doing with crypto is floating alongside the main legal tender and so there are no assets but just speculations and as such it is a glorified pyramid scheme and there will be winners on top and many losers below

6 Likes

Re: $32 Million Stolen As Crypto Project Defi100 Pulls The Rug by Zionmdde: 8:13pm On May 22, 2021
Am waiting for d Nigerians are fools crew
If it was in Nigeria now u will start hearing Nigerians don't have sense, black people this Africans dat, now am not hearing white people don't have sense

We are more racists dan whites
Re: $32 Million Stolen As Crypto Project Defi100 Pulls The Rug by Deborah98(f): 8:36pm On May 22, 2021
Never liked this crypto whatever of a thing for one day,I always develop cold feet when my friends try to entice me into doing it,shit happens and I'm not ready for one...

2 Likes

Re: $32 Million Stolen As Crypto Project Defi100 Pulls The Rug by byinks(f): 9:05pm On May 22, 2021
Guys keep an eye on OLIVE CASH...I smell fish.
Re: $32 Million Stolen As Crypto Project Defi100 Pulls The Rug by Siwisheswereesh: 9:14pm On May 22, 2021
hahahaha

Blunt morafokas grin
Re: $32 Million Stolen As Crypto Project Defi100 Pulls The Rug by id911(m): 9:18pm On May 22, 2021
tamdun:
grin mmm reloaded, crypto trading is gambling, u buy 100k crypto and expect it to turn to 1m overnight, sorry be ur name,the painful part is, the money is untraceable,instead of make una do better business, una dey look for shortcut, 13 billion just poof like that
binary option is another gambling in disguise, run for ya life

Hahahaha...it's a crazy world. It's a big risk esp with new projects without solid fundamentals. They've scammed me like twice this month with the little money I had.
Re: $32 Million Stolen As Crypto Project Defi100 Pulls The Rug by Papacypaul(m): 9:22pm On May 22, 2021
Arda1000:
all.ow idiots to wallow in their ignorance. Don't even try to explain anything.
Just thank your star you are not ignorant
Re: $32 Million Stolen As Crypto Project Defi100 Pulls The Rug by Zooposki(f): 9:23pm On May 22, 2021
UncleKoboko:
Lol!
Just like what that useless ROCKETMOON did to my guys... I kuku warned them say na rug pull and pump and dump useless token grin

I always tell people:

Why?
Re: $32 Million Stolen As Crypto Project Defi100 Pulls The Rug by juman(m): 9:25pm On May 22, 2021
In my view, only fool invest big money in crypto.

Unless you are one of those overlord scammers that control its trade.
Re: $32 Million Stolen As Crypto Project Defi100 Pulls The Rug by Papacypaul(m): 9:26pm On May 22, 2021
id911:

Hahahaha...it's a crazy world. It's a big risk esp with new projects without solid fundamentals. They've scammed me like twice this month but I don't care. Just this week, I got lucky in one and made x170 of my initial investment and pulled out.
buy solid gems which real world usecase and utility and have rest,buy them when they are cheap and stake it if possible and keep receiving passive income from it. Shitcoins will get you burnt.

1 Like

Re: $32 Million Stolen As Crypto Project Defi100 Pulls The Rug by id911(m): 9:27pm On May 22, 2021
UncleKoboko:
Lol!

I always tell people:

Doge has no max supply. The key is getting in early and being smart to leave on time.
Re: $32 Million Stolen As Crypto Project Defi100 Pulls The Rug by id911(m): 9:30pm On May 22, 2021
Papacypaul:
buy solid gems which real world usecase and utility and have rest,buy them when they are cheap and stake it if possible and keep receiving passive income from it. Shitcoins will get you burnt.

Of course, I know. It's a game with shitcoins. That's why you only invest what you can afford to lose.
Re: $32 Million Stolen As Crypto Project Defi100 Pulls The Rug by tamdun: 9:33pm On May 22, 2021
id911:

Hahahaha...it's a crazy world. It's a big risk esp with new projects without solid fundamentals. They've scammed me like twice this month but I don't care. Just this week, I got lucky in one and made x170 of my initial investment and pulled out.
Lucky you
Re: $32 Million Stolen As Crypto Project Defi100 Pulls The Rug by UncleKoboko: 9:38pm On May 22, 2021
[s]
id911:

You're still a learner. Doge has no max supply but a lot of guys became millionaires because of it. SafeMoon, ElonGate, Shiba Inu, Hoge etc have 1000 trillion each as initial supplies but many became dollar millionaires from them. The key is getting in early and being smart to leave on time.
[/s]
You're still a learner. Keep fooling yourself that one day, useless coins like doge can reach $10 and you'll become a billionaire. It will never happen in your life time.
All those useless coins dashing out "free money" is a complete Ponzi. Go and research on Ponzi if you don't know the meaning. Many of you noobs just thinks it's about those useless numbers of shitcoins you have. They are all rug pulls.
Doge coin is just an exception because Elon musk and mark just wanted to prove to the world that they can make money from thin air. Still, the frenzy won't last. Elon is not a father Christmas. He's in the business to make profits too and when he finally dumps his doge, you guys will cry blood grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: $32 Million Stolen As Crypto Project Defi100 Pulls The Rug by ivandragon: 9:39pm On May 22, 2021
It's ridiculous how people spend money to buy something that is intangible in all ramifications.

If crpyto was so valuable, why do the major sellers take known currencies? What are they doing with it?

Well, those that have 'cashed out' are lucky
Re: $32 Million Stolen As Crypto Project Defi100 Pulls The Rug by id911(m): 9:43pm On May 22, 2021
tamdun:

Lucky you

Yeah, thanks. Since I was already rug pulled twice I was seriously scared. I had to pull out early with x170. After I pulled out, the coin went parabolic to x350 from my initial entry. It was painful sha but I was happy. The key in shitcoins is investing what you can afford to lose. Then when you make small money, look for gems with solid fundamentals behind it, invest and go to sleep well.

1 Like

Re: $32 Million Stolen As Crypto Project Defi100 Pulls The Rug by tamdun: 9:46pm On May 22, 2021
id911:

Yeah, thanks. Since I was already rug pulled twice I was seriously scared. I had to pull out early with x170. After I pulled out, the coin went parabolic to x350 from my initial entry. It was painful sha but I was happy. The key in shitcoins is investing what you can afford to lose. Then when you make small money, look for gems with solid fundamentals behind it, invest and go to sleep well.
grin like I said earlier, lucky you
Re: $32 Million Stolen As Crypto Project Defi100 Pulls The Rug by id911(m): 9:49pm On May 22, 2021
[s]
UncleKoboko:
[s][/s]
You're still a learner. Keep fooling yourself that one day, useless coins like doge can reach $10 and you'll become a billionaire. It will never happen in your life time.
All those useless coins dashing out "free money" is a complete Ponzi. Go and research on Ponzi if you don't know the meaning. Many of you noobs just thinks it's about those useless numbers of shitcoins you have. They are all rug pulls.
Doge coin is just an exception because Elon musk and mark just wanted to prove to the world that they can make money from thin air. Still, the frenzy won't last. Elon is not a father Christmas. He's in the business to make profits too and when he finally dumps his doge, you guys will cry blood grin

I don't invest in doge. I was only trying to correct erroneous impression that coin over 100 billion supply is not worth to invest in. You know nothing bro. XRP has over 45 billion supply and it's one of the best coins most American revere with excellent use case and extreme low gas fees. Only SEC issue is keeping it from soaring. What about ADA? Get behind me bro

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Questions Every Sane Mind Should Ask About The Soldiers "Beheaded In Imo" / Junkies "Rejoice" After Been Arrested By Police Anti-Cult Unit (pics/video) / Should I, Send My Wife Away Because Of This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.