Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

What Do You Think About Working In The UN - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Do You Think About Working In The UN (20587 Views)

Thanks For Your Inputs. I'm Now Working In Gombe / What’s Your Experience Working In A Company Owned By A Pastor? / Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think About Working In The UN by horllarh(m): 7:53pm On May 22, 2021
Please guys, I need your opinion on this, what do you think about working in the United Nations. What's the salary range, and what's the work mode like.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About Working In The UN by luemz(m): 8:57pm On May 22, 2021
horllarh:
Please guys, I need your opinion on this, what do you think about working in the United Nations. What's the salary range, and what's the work mode like.

The information you seek can easily be found on their website and through Google search. For so long I've been trying to volunteer with the United Nations but I've not had an opportunity yet. Their pay is usually in USD I think, and converted to Naira, it is quite a good sum. I sure know it's highly competitive to get a job with UN or its sub offices. you may be assigned to any work station and any country. They'd provide you necessary stuff to make you comfortable in your work station especially outside your home country, and usually, security is attached to you.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Do You Think About Working In The UN by Officialgarri: 8:57pm On May 22, 2021
socialmediaman:
how do you guys make empty post on Nairaland?

Well, as for the topic. Working in the UN is quite juicy and more juicy depending on the level and department that you are in.

You might be attached to a department that requires traveling often and that's when you enjoy the job the most.
You will be given travel allowance, paid flight, feeding and accommodation in good hotels and sitting allowance for meetings.

The only issue is this, you might not get the sitting allowance immediately. It could be after 3 months.
But within that 3 months, you might have attended about 5 meetings. And then you would be paid a lump sum.

You will also have access to tea anytime you feel like grin

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About Working In The UN by donprinyo(m): 8:57pm On May 22, 2021
Best place u can ever work.

5 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Working In The UN by WiszyFraud: 8:57pm On May 22, 2021
Did you know??

The 3 C's of life: choices, chances and changes. You must make a choice to take a chance or your life will never change.

cool

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Think About Working In The UN by Nobody: 8:58pm On May 22, 2021
Waiting for sure answers
Re: What Do You Think About Working In The UN by iampeterben(m): 8:58pm On May 22, 2021
All I know is enjoyment. Congratulations.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Think About Working In The UN by aloaye11: 8:59pm On May 22, 2021
Hmmmm this job don't come to the poor, we hardly know anything about them

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Working In The UN by iamyemiakins(m): 8:59pm On May 22, 2021
Enjoyment, humanitarian services, travels and tour.
Re: What Do You Think About Working In The UN by willexyaho(m): 8:59pm On May 22, 2021
Is beautiful
Re: What Do You Think About Working In The UN by AquaPetals(f): 8:59pm On May 22, 2021
They have a decent pay...
And you get to have enuff girls to copulate with
Re: What Do You Think About Working In The UN by BruncleZuma: 8:59pm On May 22, 2021
[img]https://media1./images/9ed4f03ef0e8a77a0ccc3d1dd3cc774b/tenor.gif?itemid=18564553[/img]

It depends on the UN Agency (Some have their own recruitment websites (UNOPS, UNDP), others use the UN general recruitment web portal (Inspira))

They've got different levels and the most popular fall into the P1-P5, IICA and LICA job levels (P - Professionals, G - General Services, D - Directors, they also have Consultants, and Contractors (National and International)

Go to inspira.un.org, register and look for the job you feel you're most qualified for. Write a convincing cover letter and apply.

It's takes 2 - 12 months for the recruitment process to be completed and sometimes they may not update you on your application status.

Jump-off Points

Look through (unjobs.org, devex.org, developmentaid.org, reliefweb.int and unjobnet.org - none of which are affiliated to the UN)

You can also try your hands out at Internship and Volunteer positions.

The pay is dependent on the level and step you were recruited into and there are a lot of bonuses and allowances.

Salary Calculator for UNDP
https://info.undp.org/gssu/onlinetools/SalCalcInt/SalCalcInt.aspx

44 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What Do You Think About Working In The UN by iamyemiakins(m): 8:59pm On May 22, 2021
Officialgarri:
how do you guys make empty post on Nairaland?
Spacebar

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Working In The UN by Miyachi: 9:00pm On May 22, 2021
I have no idea.
Re: What Do You Think About Working In The UN by observer88: 9:01pm On May 22, 2021
While such jobs may only go to those who are qualified, such also have to be those with long legs and big ears. I mean guys with relatives and guarantors in high places... Maybe a requirement like: Candidate must provide two guarantors who MUST be NATIONAL REPRESENTATIVES or its equivalent... Where common man wan see dat kain thing?

They COULD also come with some funny requirements like Candidate must provide a PASSPORT that has been stamped in 2 different countries... Blablabla.

Na just my wild imagination at work o!

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Working In The UN by TheFacelessMan: 9:01pm On May 22, 2021
The pay is mega.

A friend was netting millions at a point in his early 30s.

But focus shouldn't always be about financial aspect.

Aim not to be mediocre at whatever you do.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Think About Working In The UN by luemz(m): 9:02pm On May 22, 2021
Re: What Do You Think About Working In The UN by tonididdy(m): 9:03pm On May 22, 2021
Rubbish work
Re: What Do You Think About Working In The UN by iamyemiakins(m): 9:04pm On May 22, 2021
tonididdy:
Rubbish work

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About Working In The UN by 4tunebest(f): 9:04pm On May 22, 2021
ok
Re: What Do You Think About Working In The UN by tito44: 9:05pm On May 22, 2021
Lol

Least pay in UNDP or WFP is like 420k per month (for the drivers). No tax and pension deductions. Some Agencies of UN pay as high as 1.2m a month for mid-level officers. The only thing is that ur contract gets renewed after every 6months ( and if u re not in good terms with ur manager, he/she may choose not to renew ur contract). U don't get an open ended contract like other international firms and NGOs. I know this coz I work for......

Which of the agency are u gunning for?

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Should I Hire You? What To Say In Your Interview / You Are Still Unemployed And Its Almost March / NDIC Begins Secret Staff Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.