Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,382 members, 7,819,390 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

How Far Have You Ever Trekked To Work? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Far Have You Ever Trekked To Work? (495 Views)

All Those Who Had 2022 Financial Resolutio,how Far Have Guys Fared? / No Matter How Far You Have Gone The Wrong Path, You Can Always Turn Around / My Mom’s Market List 1984: See How Far Nigeria Has Gone (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Far Have You Ever Trekked To Work? by HUSTLER001: 9:55am On May 23, 2021
Lol,I don't know why I'm putting this topic up here.To get more views I guess. So let's share our struggles.How much do you trek to work(on a bad day when there is no transport fare).As for me,this past week is the toughest in my life. I had to trek from idi-oro in Mushin to Ijesha(exactly one&half hours). To think it was even to&fro made the journey a wild one.lol. But in all,I see positivity this week based on salary things.*winks*. Now,I'll endeavor to save for rainy days. So please share yours too.
Re: How Far Have You Ever Trekked To Work? by PlayMaker14: 9:56am On May 23, 2021
Back then when I got a job at a printing press in Benin City, with N0.0k as my Akant balance, I will trek from Aifúa to 3rd, I did this for a month, (Mon-Sat) never knew one judiciary worker was noticing how I trekked long distance like the way the children of Israelites trekked hundreds of kilometers to reach the promised land.

He walked up to me one morning and said he always see how I walk long distance and ask me if everything was alright, because in Benin, some mentally unstable people do put on good clothes to disguise and avoid being bundled to Uselu Psychiatrist Hospital.

He gave me 3k that day and asked me to see him on Sunday, I worked for him for 6months before he had stroke.

7 Likes

Re: How Far Have You Ever Trekked To Work? by HUSTLER001: 9:58am On May 23, 2021
PlayMaker14:
cheesy
why are you laughing now? It's not fair oh
Re: How Far Have You Ever Trekked To Work? by solaiphones: 9:59am On May 23, 2021
is it up to 10kilo i guess no
Re: How Far Have You Ever Trekked To Work? by xpressionx(m): 12:55pm On May 23, 2021
cheesy

One rainy morning that year,I had to trek to work because there wasn't a car available.
As I got to one road,it was water logged,I had to fold my trousers to step in,as I got mid way,the water got to my waist,I couldn't go back,I had to continue forward.
what made me feel bad was all the drainage and places they dump refuse around there were submerged under water.
Literally I swimmed dirty water to work that day.
Re: How Far Have You Ever Trekked To Work? by GboyegaD(m): 12:59pm On May 23, 2021
35minutes maybe some would walk it for less but I guess I enjoyed those walks because that was my little exercise
Re: How Far Have You Ever Trekked To Work? by BernieLee(m): 3:34pm On May 23, 2021
angry
Re: How Far Have You Ever Trekked To Work? by SirLiquidGold: 3:42pm On May 23, 2021
How long I have walked? I was literally walking daily grin Wake up early and leave my house before 6:45am. I must not get to work before 7:30 or else it's a 100 naira deduction from my salary.
I have to trek 40 minutes most days and take bike home in the evenings.

Life struggles. How much was I earning? 15k
It's part of my story... Hopefully life would be better someday. You have forge ahead no matter what it takes and how you do it.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Naija Mother Catches Daughter Making Out With A Man In Their House & Slaps Her / On The Guy Am Trying To Chase Away: I Think Am The Problem. / This Is How Biafra Government Will Look Like

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.