Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,408 members, 7,830,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (195) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (698270 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 4:24pm On Jun 22, 2021
Ekulu77:
Please I need your opinion on this,I already submitted my application with 90% of my first year fees paid .Then we paid the remaining balance but the receipt came out after I've submitted my application. I already did upfront medical and I want to raise webform to submit e-medical sheet. Is it advisable to submit the remaining receipt of my school fee despite the fact I used my uncle as sponsor.wont it raise suspicion on why the uncle is paying in deposit when he proves and say he his capable of sponsoring me
All in all, Do you think I should go ahead and submit my remaining 10% school fees receipt or I shouldn't so it won't raise any red flag
Please Kindly share your opinions to the guru's (@lekkiboe,justmellow,frankrobbn, and every other person
Thank you

Hello Ekulu77

Unlike Ireland where the officer is very interested in the origin-trace from where the fees were paid, Canada doesn't follow such visa processing rule.

Feel free to forward the receipt.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Mummy4life1: 4:29pm On Jun 22, 2021
Oyesquare10:
This is my observation too.
I also observed that eligibility already started for those that submitted with NSE requirement.
Let me know if I am wrong please

I submitted April 26th with NSE request but my eligibility as not started yet.

Only upfront medical was updated.

Everything still stand still
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RELAN2446(m): 4:30pm On Jun 22, 2021
Emmasonic4me:
I took the first dose of the vaccine today and the guy there said second dose comes after 8-12 weeks of taking the first dose.

I tried to argue that its 6 weeks but you know that Nigerian thing of "Do you want to teach me my job?" started and I had to end it there.

I know I can take the second dose elsewhere so long as I have my card.
please, just exercise patience so you won't just kill your self.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RELAN2446(m): 4:31pm On Jun 22, 2021
Mummy4life1:
I submitted April 26th with NSE request but my eligibility as not started yet.

Only upfront medical was updated.

Everything still stand still
what the time difference between when u did ur medical and when it was upload on your portal?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 4:31pm On Jun 22, 2021
Akannitommy:
Anyone know where second stream (first dose) are being administered in Lagos Island/VI/Ikoyi axis? My spouse has checked at Sura and Onikan PHC but they said in two weeks time. I suspect something is off. One will get there in two weeks and they will say it has finished again. Any confirmation of where first dose vacinnation in ongoing in this area or even mainland?

I can confirm that the main vaccination hub in Lagos is currently vaccinating for first and second dose. The place is very close to the military hospital at yaba.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by bollybeejay: 4:31pm On Jun 22, 2021
NEROSKY:
Sorry for asking about this here, dunno if it's somewhere around, but since covid, alot has changed

I want to apply for postgraduate certificate, i have a registered business, but the thing here is my U.S friend want to sponsor my education,i don't know the possibility; like fund the full tuition and all expenses. he's not a relative,a Caucasian who has been good to me and willing to support in anyway. Also, how many months maximum for the process of getting student visa?

Since he has promised to sponsor you that means he trusts you, you never can tell where the opportunity will land you if used well, I won't discourage you about how difficult it is to convince the vo about your relationship with this your friend since it will be as hard as it is for a camel to pass through the hole of a needle, that being said my advice is this
Begin your admission process carry him along and let him be involved including him paying the application fees to the institution you're applying to, by himself.
Once you secure an admission. Explain to him the difficulty of how it is to convince the vo. Have him pay your first year tuition fees or possibly all if he's that rich and generous, also have him transfer some funds into your account . If u act well you can start building your account with him pending the time you will apply for study permit, also tidy your home ties and level of establishment in Nigeria, and leave the rest for God. It's better to try than do nothing
My 2kobo

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Mummy4life1: 4:32pm On Jun 22, 2021
RELAN2446:

what the time difference between when u did ur medical and when it was upload on your portal?
Three days interval
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RELAN2446(m): 4:35pm On Jun 22, 2021
Mummy4life1:
Three days interval
is it qlife or iom?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 4:35pm On Jun 22, 2021
Doree:

Hello Just mellow, I'd like to ask a question on this, please.

If I understand you correctly, does it mean if I can run a six months program upon completion of my one-year program, the combination of both can qualify me for a 3yrs pgwp?

Hello Doree,

A one-year and six months is often equated to be two years of study. A one-year program in Canada is eight months at length. In other to give international students time to prepare and depart Canada after studies, it was stretched to one year.

Meaning a one-year and eight (or six) months program will likely make a graduate international student get three years PGWP. The discretion of the officer also counts here by assessing some factors.

However, a six months study may not necessarily amount to a one-year PGWP but six months.

Let me know if you still have any concerns.

Cc: Wanice, Madamg

Best of Luck

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 4:42pm On Jun 22, 2021
websta:
Thank you. My BSc is different from my current job role but and I want to apply for Graduate Certificate in this my current job role because I can’t even do MSc in something related to this my current job role because of my BSc background And I don’t know if applying cut a Graduate Certificate related to my job role is cool.

Hello Websta,

It makes sense to go for your experience domain. Ensure to include payslips or cash salary certificate to support other employment documents.

Demonstrate how the employment is lucrative and the level of its employability.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Olaa123: 4:44pm On Jun 22, 2021
Akannitommy:
Anyone know where second stream (first dose) are being administered in Lagos Island/VI/Ikoyi axis? My spouse has checked at Sura and Onikan PHC but they said in two weeks time. I suspect something is off. One will get there in two weeks and they will say it has finished again. Any confirmation of where first dose vacinnation in ongoing in this area or even mainland?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 4:45pm On Jun 22, 2021
Enjay316:

ok. thanks for ur response. but this information will be requested from me and not from my company

Hello Enjay316,

The officer can boycott you without explanation during employment verification.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by CHIKACIC: 4:49pm On Jun 22, 2021
Legacyedition:

Don't be angry please, I am not saying this to make you sad, just for you to take actions.

Active review nowadays is a generic response, I have been getting active review response since April, I have ordered 2 gcms notes with blank eligibility review in May and this June. I kept on sending webforms pointing to the fact I found on my gcms notes. Eligibility just truly started a week ago for March 19 application. You can check your gcms note if there's something on your eligibility, then you are good to go.

Awwww....am not angry/sad at all.

Funny enough, I just got this email response from the Lagos office this afternoon:

“Good day,

In response to your email enquiry below, kindly note that this application is still under active review by our office. At the moment, we are not in a position to give a clear indication of when we anticipate finalizing this application.

However, we wish to inform you that our office is doing the necessary to ensure that this application is processed and finalised within the shortest timeframe possible.

We respectfully request that you refrain from writing further emails until we contact you. We will not be responding to future emails received within this timeframe.

We appreciate your cooperation, patience, and understanding.”

They are referring to the email enquiry I sent on June 7th, which Nairobi office has already responded to with the same GENERIC answer.
Nairobi or Lagos, which is it

Though my eligibility has not yet started, I may order for my GCMS notes as you suggested.

Really appreciate the heads up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 4:52pm On Jun 22, 2021
wole24:

Thanks so much for your response. Please I don't understand the meaning of authorized liquidation documents or redemption certificate in this context. Plsssss can u explain? Thanks a lot.

Hello Wole24,

Evidence or proof from the cooperative savings body to demonstrate the origin of the funds after moving from the cooperative savings account to the receiving bank account.

Let me know if it's still not clear.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Akannitommy: 4:53pm On Jun 22, 2021
Thanks for the feedback.

shupy:

I can confirm that the main vaccination hub in Lagos is currently vaccinating for first and second dose. The place is very close to the military hospital at yaba.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by CHIKACIC: 5:04pm On Jun 22, 2021
Emmasonic4me:
I took the first dose of the vaccine today and the guy there said second dose comes after 8-12 weeks of taking the first dose.

I tried to argue that its 6 weeks but you know that Nigerian thing of "Do you want to teach me my job?" started and I had to end it there.

I know I can take the second dose elsewhere so long as I have my card.

Got me ROFL with the “Do you want to teach me my job?” part. I had similar experience but from the police.

Hopefully, you will get the second shot in 6 weeks time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Papapa1234: 5:06pm On Jun 22, 2021
Are you self sponsored or hubby sponsored you
Queenmama03:
Omo my story long oo! But i'll just go straight to the point.

First time applicant, self sponsored although I finished with a first class in economics, I have a 10yr study gap so I wasn't sure how that played out. Going for Masters in Economics at UNB. I'm employed and also have a side business I registered last year. Previous travel to US and Turkey. I wrote GRE, applied and got admission myself but when it came to visa application my liver failed me. That was where Frank (God bless his soul) came to my rescue. Timeline:

Applied 22nd Apr
Vfs biometric 26th Apr
Eligibility & background check started 4th May (may have been earlier but after applying I didn't check the portal until this date)
Upfront Medical done 4th May
Medical E-Slip uploaded 6th May
Biometrics Updated 6th May (I had to email them a reminder)
Medical Passed 7th May
Ghost update 4th June
Sent renewed passport & unconditional acceptance letter via webform 8th June
Agreement prayer with husband when I noticed April applicants getting their decisions 16th June
Ghost update 16th June
BVL & PPR 21st June

Regarding ghost updates, I may have had more but I only check my portal once or max twice a week on average so I can't really say. Also I didn't pay school fees o, not even deposit. The Ijebu in me didn't let me part with my money before visa approval grin also my school didn't make it compulsory.

Document submitted
Transcripts
SOP
GRE
IELTS
MBS & regular account statement (First bank doesn't have MBS so I just submitted the regular statement and included introduction letter from the bank)
WAEC Certificate
Degree certificate
Employment letter
Introduction letter from employer
Study leave approval letter
Consent letter from my husband
We both indicated that my mum will be taking care of my kids in my absence
Husband's employment letter and work related documents
ID's of my parents and siblings

Hmm the waiting wasn't funny o especially when I see the type of document people submit here, at some point I felt I may not have submitted enough. I just told myself "las las if dem deny my application i'll just focus on my business''. But alas! God did it. Also special thanks to @Lekiboboe his posts really guided me when I was searching for graduate programs.

To all those still waiting, I wish you the very best, God willing it will end the praise.

signing out.

PS: If you dey go New Brunswick please hit me up make we reason one or two.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 5:08pm On Jun 22, 2021
Draybaba0103:
Hello house, please I need your guidance on the choice of course and best school.
I have HND in Computer Science (2010) and I have had almost 10 years of experience in the department of ICT in a paramilitary setting.
Please which PGD/PGC course will best suit me and a recommended school to look out for.
Having spent 10 years, I'm qualified to further my studies. Please what are documents that I will need to submit if I seek sponsorship from the board of the paramilitary I work with?

CC @Lekkiboboe, @Justmellow, @Frankrobbn, and other gurus.

Hello Draybaba0103,

You can check out some courses like Network and IT Security, Cyber Security, Data Science & Analytics, etc.

You can as well check:

• Fanshawe College's Software and Information Systems

• Conestoga College's Information Technolgy Network Security

• Cambrian College's Cloud Computing

• Humber College Information Technology Solutions

If your employer is not willing to show commitment, opt for a regular sponsor. The documents required for organization sponsorship are the same as self-employed sponsors. Use the search bar, you will get a handful of document lists.

Best of Luck

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 5:10pm On Jun 22, 2021
CrownTdan:
Good day Gurus in the house.

Please can I book a one-way ticket from Lagos to Toronto?
CC @Lekkiboboe, @Justmellow, @Frankrobbn and co.

Hello CrownTdan,

A one-way ticket will do.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 5:12pm On Jun 22, 2021
TennieYF:
Hello everyone, is there anyone that applied after May 13 and got NSE request. From my observation, they've not sent any NSE request after May 13. Or am I wrong?

Hello TennieYF,

Your observation is spot on.

Cheers!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 5:16pm On Jun 22, 2021
Uzomachukwuu:
Long Post Alert:

Talk about being happy, today is one of the happiest days of my past one year.

A year and six days after my first visa application (AOR June 16, 2020), I finally got PPR on my second application (AOR: Feb 26).

This has been a very tiresome journey. Initially, I thought that applying for PhD admission would be the most challenging part of it all, but I never knew that that was the easiest part really. Between Feb and March 2020, I got admission and funding offers from U of Manitoba, Western, and USask. Opted for USask. Submitted my first visa application on June 16, 2020, when I knew almost nothing about the Canadian visa application process.

Hello Uzomachukwuu,

I celebrate your success. You are the real MVP.

Prosper!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 5:21pm On Jun 22, 2021
Hello how are you? How did it go? Did you hear back from IRCC?

Theboysquare1:
Why this people wan kill me this early momo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by onomss: 5:25pm On Jun 22, 2021
Please does anyone have an idea where I can take the covid-19 vaccine in PH. Please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 5:28pm On Jun 22, 2021
greenguy:
Hi all,

Please I'd like to know if 4months SOA will suffice for my student permit application?

Hello Greenguy,

It will, but best to use one year. Six months is better.

Best of Luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Soulz22(m): 5:30pm On Jun 22, 2021
I applied 15th of May and Biometric done 26th May. I’m just nervous if I can meet up fall session or it’s too late.

Anyone in same situation with me or have encouraging answers?

If you applied in May, have you gotten any response yet?

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Queenmama03(f): 5:30pm On Jun 22, 2021
I'm sponsoring myself.

Papapa1234:
Are you self sponsored or hubby sponsored you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 5:31pm On Jun 22, 2021
Queenmama03:
Omo my story long oo! But i'll just go straight to the point.

First time applicant, self sponsored although I finished with a first class in economics, I have a 10yr study gap so I wasn't sure how that played out. Going for Masters in Economics at UNB. I'm employed and also have a side business I registered last year. Previous travel to US and Turkey. I wrote GRE, applied and got admission myself but when it came to visa application my liver failed me. That was where Frank (God bless his soul) came to my rescue.

Hello Queenmama03,

Big congratulations on your approval, better achievements next time.

Prosper!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by fejiromich: 5:37pm On Jun 22, 2021
I applied May 14th... Nothing yet...
Soulz22:
I applied 15th of May and Biometric done 26th May. I’m just nervous if I can meet up fall session or it’s too late.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by IntimidationJay: 5:40pm On Jun 22, 2021
Soulz22:

Hi, kindly go and do upfront medicals to fasten your timeline.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by tourphland(m): 5:40pm On Jun 22, 2021
Just a quick one.

House please, i intend to apply for study permit. But my course going to be first a three month foundation course and later on a 2 years course.

I paid the deposit, how do you advice payment before application should be made?

Thanks gurus
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SweetJJ: 5:46pm On Jun 22, 2021
I submitted May 14th. I submitted MBS, upfront medical and IELTS result, biometric done on May 28th. Eligibility started June 1 or so. Let's just keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best ���

Soulz22:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Soulz22(m): 5:47pm On Jun 22, 2021
IntimidationJay:
Hi, kindly go and do upfront medicals to fasten your timeline.

In port harcourt, they still use that old hospital?

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.