Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,543 members, 7,812,692 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (685862 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by LadyBlaq: 10:44am On Jun 22, 2021
Uzomachukwuu:
Long Post Alert:

Talk about being happy, today is one of the happiest days of my past one year.

A year

Congratulations Uzomachukwu. Reading through your brilliant post, I can see why you are disgusted with the lukewarm attitude of some CA VOs...You deserve the best.

Congrats once again.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by badmanjo(m): 10:45am On Jun 22, 2021
April 2nd oo nothing
EmeeNaka:
Abeg, where is the PPR now ooo? Have all April Applicants here got their PPR? I am restless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Intrepid01(m): 10:52am On Jun 22, 2021
Lol...this is so funny. Ever since I got my visa approval letters last week Thursday...I've been going back to my GIC account to check if the letters are still there and they've not changed their mind......Lol..

anyways, I've sent my passport for stamping sha, once they stamp I'll stop worrying myself...lol

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Queenmama03(f): 10:52am On Jun 22, 2021
I thought of this too but make i reach the other side first cheesy

CrownTdan:
Good morning Gurus.

Can I apply for my GCMS notes after my permit approval?
I want to have an insight into some factors that aided the outcome

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RxOtunba: 10:54am On Jun 22, 2021
It is assumed that once there's many years of study gap and there is work experience in another field, it is better to go for studies in a program that aligns with your current work. That does not only make it easier for u to write ur SOP, it also makes it look real to the v.o. It will be more reasonable that u wanna study at a higher level to improve ur expertise at work. So that's just the logic, not like it is an auto approval or denial.

If all ur documents are ready, move on to apply, and if not, September is not too late, but u could make it earlier, mayb July or August. All the best.
emmalextemtop:
Hello!

Please what is this study gap of a thing, if it so long, does it also determine the approval of a visa? I.e for those that have years of working experience or it's bEen long they've studied.

Finished B.Tech 2019. Currently working after Nysc since Nov. 2020. Looking forward for winter, Jan 2022.

And then, is it advisable to submit my application for Jan 2022 now or later.
Looking forward to apply by Sept when my docs are ready and available, should i wait for IRCC to state out a stipulated time for application like they did for May 15?

I asked this base on what have seen and personally deduced from people's application, applying the time the IRCC wants them to apply as they are treating such application in a particular month and if applied earlier or later than that, it's going to be delayed.

Please, what's your take on this? Thanks!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RxOtunba: 10:59am On Jun 22, 2021
Yes, SOP for visa is different from that of admission. sOP for Admission could be from 1-4 pages. Pls check if the school has specific requirements for SOP. All best.
shagamite:

Sorry , is the SOP for visa different from the one written as requirement for admission. How many pages should it be for the admission requirements
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Queenmama03(f): 11:01am On Jun 22, 2021
Yes I did it a week or so after submitting my application. You can do it either ways

Daylight23:
Congratulations Sis. Please did you do upfront medical after submitting your application? I thought it could only be before

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RxOtunba: 11:04am On Jun 22, 2021
Did u add ur uncle's CAC docs? Try let him make payment for ur 1st year tuition or let him deposit living expenses into ur account. How many years is ur program? Feel free to contact me sir.
Abbey0911:
The v.o talked so much about ur uncle's finances and lump sum. Please what does your uncle do for a living? Did you submit support documents? He's into real estate. I designed most of his building.

-How old are you? Did u submit evidence of your employment/income. I'm 34years and yes I did

-Did your uncle make any commitment? Like payment of 1 semester or 1 full year tuition deposit? No he didn't but I paid $4,000CAD to University of Windsor has deposit.

-You also need to work very well on ur SOP and make it concise. Seems the v.o doesn't understand your career path, and doesn't seem to see anything reasonable abt ur study plan. You're right. Can I send my SOP to you for comments pls?.

Thank you so much Otunba

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Queenmama03(f): 11:06am On Jun 22, 2021
Yes you can start the renewal process now, the earlier the better. Then update IRCC when it's renewed.

Amenmay:
Good Morning my wonderful people in the house trust we are all doing great. Please I have a question that requires urgent attention. My international passport that I used to apply for study permit will expire on April 06, 2022, as I’m still awaiting for my PPR to drop. I saw on one of the approval letters here that Canada does not issue visa beyond the expiring date on your passport after seen it, I decided to renew my own as it is left few months to the expiring date. Is it advisable to renew it now or not?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Queenmama03(f): 11:09am On Jun 22, 2021
Hahaha we're in the same WhatsApp group. I can't wait to get my passport back too. Afterwards I can share the news with my village people. grin

Intrepid01:
Lol...this is so funny. Ever since I got my visa approval letters last week Thursday...I've been going back to my GIC account to check if the letters are still there and they've not changed their mind......Lol..

anyways, I've sent my passport for stamping sha, once they stamp I'll stop worrying myself...lol

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RxOtunba: 11:13am On Jun 22, 2021
Yes, sitting balance matters. Also, the check the inflow and outflow of cash, to show that the person is well established/business is flourishing which in turn gives the impression that such person can afford to spend such thousands of dollars on a degree. I hope this helps.
saucekid50:
Goodday guys,
Please I have some questions.

1. What do they look for in bank statement.?
I mean is it the number of transactions or turnover over the last six months or a year.

2. Is it the current balance in the account that is used in visa processing.?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RxOtunba: 11:17am On Jun 22, 2021
Yes, of course.....Congrats on ur approval. We still dey wait for our own.
CrownTdan:
Good morning Gurus.

Can I apply for my GCMS notes after my permit approval?
I want to have an insight into some factors that aided the outcome

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ikemummy(m): 11:26am On Jun 22, 2021
Ok. Thank you very much for the advice
kelvine95:

I wouldn’t have advised you to send a lump sum to your account. If the money is from your dad, all you needed was your dad’s bank statement and a letter of support stating how much he will be giving you towards your studies. Also, He must tell the VO the number of persons dependent on him, to further assure the VO that the 2million naira is actually available for you.

Anyway, since you have added a lump sum to your account already, kindly attach your dad’s 1 year bank statement (highlight where the money is coming from, attach my bank statement cert for both you and your dad to make verification faster), attach his work details like payslips, promotion letter and employment letter. The reason is because, if you are adding as low as 10 naira to your funding, the VO wants to be super sure that the money is available and it is from a legitimate source.

Just on the side, you will actually need 2 Million naira to take care of traveling expenses, quarantine and expenses related to your first month settling down in Canada. So, it is just reasonable to show that amount.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Olaapaps: 11:50am On Jun 22, 2021
omounique:

Pls add me to the WhatsApp group
0 8 0 3 4 9 5 2 4 2 5

Abeg add me too 0 8 1 4 0 3 1 6 5 6 7

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by aminat2000(f): 11:55am On Jun 22, 2021
Ye! It's the grammar for me aswear. Congrats bro! To actually think we are both going to thesame school though. I'm also fully funded. May God locate me too. But bro, with this your English hehn, I hope you'll run for international students president. I will root for you with my full chest. grin [quote author=Uzomachukwuu post=102961610]Long Post Alert:

Talk about being happy, today is one of the happiest days of my past one year.

A year and six days after my first visa application (AOR June 16, 2020), I finally got PPR on my second application (AOR: Feb 26).

This has been a very tiresome journey. Initially, I thought that applying for PhD admission would be the most challenging part of it all, but I never knew that that was the easiest part really. Between Feb and March 2020, I got admission and funding offers from U of Manitoba, Western, and USask. Opted for USask. Submitted my first visa application on June 16, 2020, when I knew almost nothing about the Canadian visa application process. I hadn't even discovered Nairaland then. I committed one error, that of submitting only my funding offer letter as proof of fund, without submitting a bank statement. Sadly, that first application was refused based on personal assets and financial status.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by NEROSKY(m): 12:08pm On Jun 22, 2021
Sorry for asking about this here, dunno if it's somewhere around, but since covid, alot has changed

I want to apply for postgraduate certificate, i have a registered business, but the thing here is my U.S friend want to sponsor my education,i don't know the possibility; like fund the full tuition and all expenses. he's not a relative,a Caucasian who has been good to me and willing to support in anyway. Also, how many months maximum for the process of getting student visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Abbey0911(m): 12:16pm On Jun 22, 2021
How can I contact you Otunba?

RxOtunba:
Did ur add ur uncle's CAC docs? Try let him make payment for ur 1st year tuition or let him deposit living expenses into ur account. How many years is ur program? Feel free to contact me sir.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 12:20pm On Jun 22, 2021
Ketima:
Please house, how can someone know where they are handling his or her file?
if you're a Nigerian and applied from Nigeria, it's definitely Nairobi, Kenya
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by LadyBlaq: 12:21pm On Jun 22, 2021
Hello house, my senior colleague tried logging in to her account but she couldn't find her application details. We noticed it yesterday and the file below is the screenshot of the page, it's empty.

Please what could this mean?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Mofolam: 12:27pm On Jun 22, 2021
NEROSKY:
Sorry for asking about this here, dunno if it's somewhere around, but since covid, alot has changed

I want to apply for postgraduate certificate, i have a registered business, but the thing here is my U.S friend want to sponsor my education,i don't know the possibility; like fund the full tuition and all expenses. he's not a relative,a Caucasian who has been good to me and willing to support in anyway. Also, how many months maximum for the process of getting student visa?

This will fly only if you are serving a protocol breaking God. Or you have a baba that his juju is Very strong. But if you want to be realistic, find another means of sponsorship. As for the time frame it’s between 3-7 months based on recent statistics from people here.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by CHIKACIC: 12:27pm On Jun 22, 2021
Ketima:
Please house, how can someone know where they are handling his or her file?

I think most study visa applications from Nigeria are handled by the Nairobi office.
I would suggest you send an email enquiry to all the visa offices (Accra, Abuja, Lagos, Nairobi, Beijing, London, etc). The relevant office will hopefully reply back.

That was what I did. I got acknowledgment mail from Lagos and London. Accra forwarded my email to Nairobi from where I got the “my application under active review in their office” response.

Hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 12:31pm On Jun 22, 2021
LadyBlaq:
Hello house, my senior colleague tried logging in to her account but she couldn't find her application details. We noticed it yesterday and the file below is the screenshot of the page, it's empty.

Please what could this mean?
Has she submitted the application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by LadyBlaq: 12:34pm On Jun 22, 2021
EmeeNaka:
Has she submitted the application?
Yes, since march 22.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by toeyeen(m): 12:35pm On Jun 22, 2021
School: Conestoga College (Admission for September Fall 2020)
First Application - June 2020
Refused Visa - September 2020
Reasons:
* Purpose of Visit
* Not enough financial resources to pay tuition without working in Canada
* No traveling history

Deferred Admission to Spring (May) 2021

Second Application - February 15, 2021
Submitted Documents
Proof of funds:
* One year tuition fees receipt
* My Bank Statement certificate (Applicant & Sponsor)
* 1yr Sponsor Acct Statement and 7months Applicant Acct Statement
* Valuation Report of Sponsor Company and properties
* CAC and Tax reports.
* Property Documents
* Sponsor ID and relevant information
* Sponsor is my Mom
* Letter of sponsor & letter of introduction
* Affidavit of sponsorship (notarized)

Clients Document:
* Automatic table of contents
* Letter of Explanation tackling previous refusal
* Statement of purpose
* My Birth certificate
* Degree certificate and transcript
* Project management certificate from Florida (online course)
* Waec
* Cv
* Work ID card and Driving license
* My sisters international passport

Request of NSE - February 23, 2021 (To Submit only IELTS)
Upfront Medical: February 26
Update to pass: March 15
Submitted IELTS - March 22, 2021
R- 5.5 L- 5.0 W-6.5 S-7.5
No more update until I sent several/countless emails and webform

Requested Gcms via CBSA - April 14, 2021
Got Gcms back May 15 and it was total blank Asides criminal, background and medical updated to pass.

Requested Second Gcms May 22, 2021

Eligibility started: June 4, 2021
BVL and PPR: June 14, 2021

Hello, bro can you please share your email address, I will like to discuss some things with you. Congratulations.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Olaapaps: 12:36pm On Jun 22, 2021
Pls what’s the address I stay at magodo phase 2 but won’t mind going all the way except someone knows somewhere close to magodo phase 2 that I can get vaccinated

Kunfu:
If you're leaving around Epe or Ibeju-lekki part of lagos, Epe primary Health center asked me to beg people to come and get vaccinated, I took mine yesterday I didn't meet a single person in the hall when I got there. Please you guys should try and get vaccinated. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by toeyeen(m): 12:36pm On Jun 22, 2021
Hello, bro can you please share your email address, I will like to discuss some things with you. Congratulations.
toeyeen:

School: Conestoga College (Admission for September Fall 2020)
First Application - June 2020
Refused Visa - September 2020
Reasons:
* Purpose of Visit
* Not enough financial resources to pay tuition without working in Canada
* No traveling history

Deferred Admission to Spring (May) 2021

Second Application - February 15, 2021
Submitted Documents
Proof of funds:
* One year tuition fees receipt
* My Bank Statement certificate (Applicant & Sponsor)
* 1yr Sponsor Acct Statement and 7months Applicant Acct Statement
* Valuation Report of Sponsor Company and properties
* CAC and Tax reports.
* Property Documents
* Sponsor ID and relevant information
* Sponsor is my Mom
* Letter of sponsor & letter of introduction
* Affidavit of sponsorship (notarized)

Clients Document:
* Automatic table of contents
* Letter of Explanation tackling previous refusal
* Statement of purpose
* My Birth certificate
* Degree certificate and transcript
* Project management certificate from Florida (online course)
* Waec
* Cv
* Work ID card and Driving license
* My sisters international passport

Request of NSE - February 23, 2021 (To Submit only IELTS)
Upfront Medical: February 26
Update to pass: March 15
Submitted IELTS - March 22, 2021
R- 5.5 L- 5.0 W-6.5 S-7.5
No more update until I sent several/countless emails and webform

Requested Gcms via CBSA - April 14, 2021
Got Gcms back May 15 and it was total blank Asides criminal, background and medical updated to pass.

Requested Second Gcms May 22, 2021

Eligibility started: June 4, 2021
BVL and PPR: June 14, 2021

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by MrsYO(f): 12:43pm On Jun 22, 2021
badmanjo:
April 2nd oo nothing

April 1st Applicant, my eligibility has not started
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Legacyedition: 12:52pm On Jun 22, 2021
CHIKACIC:

I think most study visa applications from Nigeria are handled by the Nairobi office.
I would suggest you send an email enquiry to all the visa offices (Accra, Abuja, Lagos, Nairobi, Beijing, London, etc). The relevant office will hopefully reply back.

That was what I did. I got acknowledgment mail from Lagos and London. Accra forwarded my email to Nairobi from where I got the “my application under active review in their office” response.

Hope this helps.

Don't be angry please, I am not saying this to make you sad, just for you to take actions.

Active review nowadays is a generic response, I have been getting active review response since April, I have ordered 2 gcms notes with blank eligibility review in May and this June. I kept on sending webforms pointing to the fact I found on my gcms notes. Eligibility just truly started a week ago for March 19 application. You can check your gcms note if there's something on your eligibility, then you are good to go.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by NEROSKY(m): 12:53pm On Jun 22, 2021
Mofolam:

This will fly only if you are serving a protocol breaking God. Or you have a baba that his juju is Very strong. But if you want to be realistic, find another means of sponsorship. As for the time frame it’s between 3-7 months based on recent statistics from people here.

Please explain better
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shagamite: 12:57pm On Jun 22, 2021
intrepid01 pls i await ur response in d mail . Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 1:02pm On Jun 22, 2021
LadyBlaq:

Yes, since march 22.
I can't say exactly what has happened there. But if you have the application number and Unique Client Identifier, then you can send Webform reporting Technical issue. Also attach the screenshot to the Webform.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Bushboy009: 1:09pm On Jun 22, 2021
Will I be given my medical result at Qlife or they will send it to IRCC for me . Im talking about upfront Medical pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.