Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (688798 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 5:47pm On Jun 22, 2021
ikemummy:
LONG POST BUT PLEASE READ TILL THE END
Greetings everyone, please I need your advice. My Ph.D. admission in Canada came with graduate funding. The graduate funding is $28,816 CDN for the first year, this covers the cost of my annual fee for the program ($14,607 Tuition Fees, + $1,077 Mandatory Fees + $1,118 Medical & Dental Fees) with an excess of $12,014 to contribute towards my living expenses. I applied for a study permit on 30 April and received NSE on 7 May to submit mybankstatement and IELTS. I replied to the NSE request with a letter of explanation that my studies will be funded by the University and reattached my admission letter.

Today, my friend from Zimbabwe who was also admitted to the same program received a visa rejection based on the reason “insufficient funds, including income or assets to carry out your stated purpose in coming to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure”

She used the Statement of Account of her Uncle as proof of fund to cover travel expenses and miscellaneous.
My question is, since I am yet to get a decision, should I get a gift deed from a family member and then send a mybankstatement via webform stating that the gift deed is to cover my travel expenses? If yes, what should be the minimum value of the gift deed? NB: I did not submit my Statement of Account because the balance was not much (less than 500k); I also did not say anything about my travel expenses in my Letter of explanation, I only focused on expenses while in Canada.
Thanks in anticipation of your advice

MY PROFILE:
1. Age: 27 yrs
2. B.Sc: First Class (Nigeria, 2015)
3. Masters: Distinction (South Africa, 2020), very related to my PhD
4. Travel history: 6 months in Germany for Research Internship with the United Nations, 2 years in South Africa for studies.
5. Scholarship: Former recipient of the German government fully funded DAAD scholarship for masters.
6. Career: Have been working as an academic staff in the University since NYSC

POF DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED:
1. Admission letter stating graduate funding of $28,816 CDN for the first year, and that funding could be maintained with good academic performance.
2. Supervisor support letter stating she will provide me with comprehensive funding (but she did not specify the value of the funding)

HOME TIES DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED:
1. 2 bedroom apartment in my name worth 12.5 million Naira
2. My pension account of about 900k
3. Letter from the Vice Chancellor of the University where I currently lecture supporting my studies and stating that I will be granted leave
4. Payslip for 3 months
5. Marriage certificate and birth certificate of my child

Hello Ikemummy,

You shouldn't be worried. You have a good profile. Write a concise letter clarifying that 25% of your pension funds will be available to cover your itinerary and any sundry. Include your personal statement even if the sitting balance is =N=300,000.

Some rigid officers cared about the funding as an assessment, but still curious to see some level of financial independence and demonstration.

n.b. I didn't cut the thread because I will like to watch it.

Best of Luck

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Soulz22(m): 5:49pm On Jun 22, 2021
SweetJJ:
I submitted May 14th. I submitted MBS, upfront medical and IELTS result, biometric done on May 28th. Eligibility started June 1 or so. Let's just keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best ���

Omo I’m happy for you. What’s MBS? grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SweetJJ: 5:49pm On Jun 22, 2021
Hello, please I will need a sample of the consent letter from hubby you sent. Please can I email you?

Queenmama03:
Omo my story long oo! But i'll just go straight to the point.

First time applicant, self sponsored although I finished with a first class in economics, I have a 10yr study gap so I wasn't sure how that played out. Going for Masters in Economics at UNB. I'm employed and also have a side business I registered last year. Previous travel to US and Turkey. I wrote GRE, applied and got admission myself but when it came to visa application my liver failed me. That was where Frank (God bless his soul) came to my rescue. Timeline:

Applied 22nd Apr
Vfs biometric 26th Apr
Eligibility & background check started 4th May (may have been earlier but after applying I didn't check the portal until this date)
Upfront Medical done 4th May
Medical E-Slip uploaded 6th May
Biometrics Updated 6th May (I had to email them a reminder)
Medical Passed 7th May
Ghost update 4th June
Sent renewed passport & unconditional acceptance letter via webform 8th June
Agreement prayer with husband when I noticed April applicants getting their decisions 16th June
Ghost update 16th June
BVL & PPR 21st June

Regarding ghost updates, I may have had more but I only check my portal once or max twice a week on average so I can't really say. Also I didn't pay school fees o, not even deposit. The Ijebu in me didn't let me part with my money before visa approval grin also my school didn't make it compulsory.

Document submitted
Transcripts
SOP
GRE
IELTS
MBS & regular account statement (First bank doesn't have MBS so I just submitted the regular statement and included introduction letter from the bank)
WAEC Certificate
Degree certificate
Employment letter
Introduction letter from employer
Study leave approval letter
Consent letter from my husband
We both indicated that my mum will be taking care of my kids in my absence
Husband's employment letter and work related documents
ID's of my parents and siblings

Hmm the waiting wasn't funny o especially when I see the type of document people submit here, at some point I felt I may not have submitted enough. I just told myself "las las if dem deny my application i'll just focus on my business''. But alas! God did it. Also special thanks to @Lekiboboe his posts really guided me when I was searching for graduate programs.

To all those still waiting, I wish you the very best, God willing it will end the praise.

signing out.

PS: If you dey go New Brunswick please hit me up make we reason one or two.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SweetJJ: 5:51pm On Jun 22, 2021
My Bank Statement certificate. Why are you happy for me? PPR hasn't dropped yet na grin grin grin. I guess it's because I submitted the requirements for NSE route.

Soulz22:

Omo I’m happy for you. What’s MBS? grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Soulz22(m): 5:57pm On Jun 22, 2021
SweetJJ:
My Bank Statement certificate. Why are you happy for me? PPR hasn't dropped yet na grin grin grin. I guess it's because I submitted the requirements for NSE route.

Oh I heard it’s faster but I’m happy and congratulating you in advance

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EzekielMab(m): 6:02pm On Jun 22, 2021
Darmison:
Thank you all for the congratulatory messages.
All thanks to the Past and Current Gurus, others sharing their cases here. I appreciate you all for letting us learn from your mistakes and advise. God bless you all.

HERE'S MY STORY
The hustle was tough in 2019 trying to finding
UNI rather than Colleges with my 2:2 pali. Somehow I came across UCW and I was admitted with scholarship but my Uncle advised i find better option. I couldn't land any MA admission since then, i was just wasting money and time. April 2020 while searching on IG, I came across this Agent that mentioned undergraduate in Manitoba. Mumu me applied to one irrelevant program thinking any program will do lol.

So my 1st Application Oct 2020
LoA: BA of Sciences.
My Uncle did the application so I didn't know the documents he provided. [Sponsorship Letter from my parent, Employment letter of my parents, full first year tuition receipt and 35k cad as show money...NB: A family friend transferred the money to my mom Salary account. I have my mom open another bank for easy access and have her move all the money to the new account.]
Biometric 3/October/2020
NsE: 24/November/2020
Refused: 8/jan/2020 [purpose of visit & personal assets and financial]
Ordered for gcms 30/jan/2020

I learnt about Niaraland through a YouTuber. Started reading from thread 12 i think. I will sleep and wake up and continue � . That was where I knew what went wrong with my 1st Application even b4 I received gcms.

2nd Applicantion 12th April
LOA: MBA UCW
An hour after gcms enter.
Background check started immediately as well.
I didn't notice the exact day my eligibility started but I'm sure it was between a week after I put in my application.
4 ghost update and later got another update when they updated my Medical.
NB: I sent webform and email of my medical last week when someone mentioned he uploaded his upfront medical yet they requested again.
11th of June- Medical passed
On Saturday someone mentioned he was refused cause of IMM1294E, i went back to check if I didn't make mistake. Gbam I made a simple mistake of year of graduation. I gave up right at that moment. Justmellow/ gcmswriters advised I send another through webform. They haven't acknowledged till now.
16th of June- Passport Request.

S/0 to Gcmswriters. They wrote my LOE and CV though with a cost. The LOE and CV helped me with backed with God's grace helped my profile massively. I recommend them.

List of documents I submitted
Letter of acceptance-[admission Letter)

Passport - identity doc[ passport data page, travel stamps, Visa]

pof
Proof of Tuition Payment
Schooftlarship Grant
Sponsor’s Statement of Account
Sponsor’s MyBankStatement
Employment Letter
Sponsorship Letter
Affidavit of support
Applicant Statement Of account
Certificate of business
Business account bank statement
My landed property
Deed of gift of a 1 acre landed property from Mother]

Digital photo - photo

Family info - immm[Photo of me and my family including my fiancee, state of origin, birth certificate of my family]

Medical - upfront

Temporary Visa - imm

Client info -
S.O.P
IELTS RESULT
Waec Result
Statement of B.Tech Certificate
NYSC Certificate
Nison Certificate
P.P.A. Letter
police character Certificate
Affidavit of Good conduct

Shea pe meself go write this long message one day. Alihamdulilah.

Congratulations. Pls kindly check your mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 6:10pm On Jun 22, 2021
badmanjo:
April 2nd oo nothing

Have you done your medical? If you have not, go ahead and get it done.

I guess work is ongoing in the background, send them web form and plead with them that your resumption is around the corner.

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Genyc: 6:12pm On Jun 22, 2021
Intrepid01:

Hmm UNB people plenty for here o, I pray we all meet there finally
My fellow New Brunswick cruz, congratulations....I got PPR on June the 17th myself and I'm going to UNB.........If you wouldn't mind let's connect...I'm a guy o, just thought I should mention that....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by eriax12: 6:13pm On Jun 22, 2021
RELAN2446:

As in, the guy matter tire me, causing nuisance everywhere both on fb, WhatsApp

Please add me 0 7 0 3 2 3 5 3 1 3 2
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by TennieYF: 6:16pm On Jun 22, 2021
Hi, I'm in the same shoes as yours. Applied May 14th.
Mine is even worse,because there is no option of deferment for me. It's either fall this year or I would have to forfeit the admission and reapply next year.

My assurance was in the may 15th deadline to get a response by Aug 6th, but now that they said biometrics too should have been done before May 15th and I did mine 28th I don't know again.......
I'm just still believing God and I have faith that nothing is impossible with Him.
Soulz22:
I applied 15th of May and Biometric done 26th May. I’m just nervous if I can meet up fall session or it’s too late.

Anyone in same situation with me or have encouraging answers?

If you applied in May, have you gotten any response yet?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ikemummy(m): 6:17pm On Jun 22, 2021
Your message is so encouraging. Thank you very much. I am so grateful.
JustMellow:

Hello Ikemummy,

You shouldn't be worried. You have a good profile. Write a concise letter clarifying that 25% of your pension funds will be available to cover your itinerary and any sundry. Include your personal statement even if the sitting balance is =N=300,000.

Some rigid officers cared about the funding as an assessment, but still curious to see some level of financial independence and demonstration.

n.b. I didn't cut the thread because I will like to watch it.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Mummy4life1: 6:18pm On Jun 22, 2021
RELAN2446:

is it qlife or iom?
IOM
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Olaapaps: 6:27pm On Jun 22, 2021
Pls how do u know ur eligibility has started ?

SweetJJ:
I submitted May 14th. I submitted MBS, upfront medical and IELTS result, biometric done on May 28th. Eligibility started June 1 or so. Let's just keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best ���

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by elizyous: 6:29pm On Jun 22, 2021
I agree, I took my first dose ending of April and took the 2nd one last week. My friend took her 1st dose in may and the second last week as well.

Lekiboboe:

Really !!

Ok. Would enquire more on that, cos the Financial Implication of this 3-days hotel is not really smiling, now that Naira-Dollar rate is rising like a soaked Garri
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SweetJJ: 6:31pm On Jun 22, 2021
Amen oooo in advance grin grin grin

Soulz22:

Oh I heard it’s faster but I’m happy and congratulating you in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SweetJJ: 6:32pm On Jun 22, 2021
Eligibility will change to something like 'we are currently reviewing your eligibility' can't remember the exact words.

Olaapaps:

Pls how do u know ur eligibility has started ?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by sweetchi2411: 6:43pm On Jun 22, 2021
Uzomachukwuu:
Long Post Alert:

Talk about being happy, today is one of the happiest days of my past one year.

A year and six days after my first visa application (AOR June 16, 2020), I finally got PPR on my second application (AOR: Feb 26).

PPR: June 21, 2021.

All I can say about this journey is: All glory be to Jehovah, the father of tender mercies, alone.

And to all the persons here doing the fine work of elucidating the many riddles of IRCC, and helping others through their application, I say: May what you desire locate you. Thanks to you all.

Congratulations!!!!

The wait is finally over and it ended in praise!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EzekielMab(m): 6:53pm On Jun 22, 2021
Lianna2020:
Sent via mail

Pls kindly update me about the telegram group
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 6:59pm On Jun 22, 2021
TennieYF:
Hi, I'm in the same shoes as yours. Applied May 14th.
Mine is even worse,because there is no option of deferment for me. It's either fall this year or I would have to forfeit the admission and reapply next year.

My assurance was in the may 15th deadline to get a response by Aug 6th, but now that they said biometrics too should have been done before May 15th and I did mine 28th I don't know again.......
I'm just still believing God and I have faith that nothing is impossible with Him.

Which one is '' they said biometrics, who is the they? '' when was this said and where?

Had my application submitted on 15th May, biometrics 18th, have an upfront medical this Saturday, 26th June.

What IRCC calls a complete application, is the biometrics and medicals, if all this can be done, medical passed it did be within the timeframe.

It will end in praise for us all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by badmanjo(m): 7:07pm On Jun 22, 2021
Yes I have done my medical, since beginning of July, I'm just waiting for the application to be 3 months b4 sending a webform and email reminder

Thaiy:

Have you done your medical? If you have not, go ahead and get it done.

I guess work is ongoing in the background, send them web form and plead with them that your resumption is around the corner.

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by elizyous: 7:08pm On Jun 22, 2021
Hello people,

Please I will like to find out, if I am travelling on a monday, when should I take my covid 19 test?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by TennieYF: 7:13pm On Jun 22, 2021
It states and I quote " If you submitted your complete study permit application (including your biometrics and immigration medical exam) by May 15, 2021, you should get a decision by August 6, 2021, in time to attend the fall semester."
Except I'm misinterpreting what it says, all 3 must be submitted by May 15 to get a decision for Aug 6th.
Thaiy:

Which one is '' they said biometrics, who is the they? '' when was this said and where?

Had my application submitted on 15th May, biometrics 18th, have an upfront medical this Saturday, 26th June.

What IRCC calls a complete application, is the biometrics and medicals, if all this can be done, medical passed it did be within the timeframe.

It will end in praise for us all.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Bunmijab: 7:21pm On Jun 22, 2021
Good evening all,

Please anyone that used IOM clinic, please was payment immediately after booking or I can book the next available date and when I get there I can pay just like qlife?

The reason is cause I don't have an ATM card yet or can I use someone else's account to pay
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by afomon12: 7:25pm On Jun 22, 2021
House ! Please where can i get the vaccine in Ibadan? I don't really have time to waste on this please !
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Doree: 7:32pm On Jun 22, 2021
JustMellow:

Hello Doree,

A one-year and six months is often equated to be two years of study. A one-year program in Canada is eight months at length. In other to give international students time to prepare and depart Canada after studies, it was stretched to one year.

Meaning a one-year and eight (or six) months program will likely make a graduate international student get three years PGWP. The discretion of the officer also counts here by assessing some factors.

However, a six months study may not necessarily amount to a one-year PGWP but six months.

Let me know if you still have any concerns.

Cc: Wanice, Madamg

Best of Luck

Thank you for your answer.
I know that a one year and six months program can qualify someone for a 3yrs pgwp if run concurrently.
But my question is , ' can someone who starts the six months program immediately, upon completion of the one year program, still qualify for the 3yrs pgwp?'

E.g The one year program in this case being a Masters degree, and the six months program being a short certification course.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Mofolam: 7:39pm On Jun 22, 2021
Doree:

Thank you for your answer.
I know that a one year and six months program can qualify someone for a 3yrs pgwp if run concurrently.
But my question is , ' can someone who starts the six months program immediately, upon completion of the one year program, still qualify for the 3yrs pgwp?'

E.g The one year program in this case being a Masters degree, and the six months program being a short certification course.

Yes as long as it’s from the same school
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by tracy0803409: 7:41pm On Jun 22, 2021
Good day house, my Husband is my Co sponsor, I intend to pay my tuition deposit,but with the FORM A, I need to open a new account, my question is whose name should d account be opened with, my name or his name, who should be the account owner?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 7:45pm On Jun 22, 2021
TennieYF:
It states and I quote " If you submitted your complete study permit application (including your biometrics and immigration medical exam) by May 15, 2021, you should get a decision by August 6, 2021, in time to attend the fall semester."
Except I'm misinterpreting what it says, all 3 must be submitted by May 15 to get a decision for Aug 6th.
This is exactly what they said. However, Those that completed their Biometrics before May 15, will still fall within that category even if they complete their Medicals later. I submitted before May 15 but did upfront Medicals 3rd June. Eligibility Review has commenced and I have seen something that show that my application is under review like two Ghost Updates. Before now, Biometrics is first thing. I believe why they included the Medicals is to encourage Upfront Medicals. Because Usually, when people get medical request, it take a lot of them up to 2weeks to get the Medicals done and take the clinic sometimes between 3 to 10days to send the result and IRCC may take up to 3days or more to update it. So it can cause delay.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Mofolam: 7:50pm On Jun 22, 2021
tracy0803409:
Good day house, my Husband is my Co sponsor, I intend to pay my tuition deposit,but with the FORM A, I need to open a new account, my question is whose name should d account be opened with, my name or his name, who should be the account owner?
It could be either as long as he includes your personal details like student ID, because parents use it to pay the fees of their ward. But personally if it were me I’d use my own name. Just to make it easier for the financial dept and for me Incase I qualify for bursary
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lekefelix(m): 7:59pm On Jun 22, 2021
Hi everyone, I found out that I didn't submit all my documents, and I made some minor mistakes in the ones I uploaded. Is it advisable to send the remaining ones through web form or email?

My application is just a month old and I've not gotten any response from IRCC yet.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by TennieYF: 8:01pm On Jun 22, 2021
I'm referring to those that did biometrics after 15th, although I feel it's the same thing because it stated that both medicals and biometrics.
EmeeNaka:
This is exactly what they said. However, Those that completed their Biometrics before May 15, will still fall within that category even if they complete their Medicals later. I submitted before May 15 but did upfront Medicals 3rd June. Eligibility Review has commenced and I have seen something that show that my application is under review like two Ghost Updates
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by MadeMan01(m): 8:05pm On Jun 22, 2021
afomon12:
House ! Please where can i get the vaccine in Ibadan? I don't really have time to waste on this please !

Go to nearest local government or LCDA health center

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.