Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (690584 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 10:18am On Jun 24, 2021
LadyBlaq:
Words have failed me. Who am I that he is so mindful of me? A wretched sinner like me? With all my baggages, Grace has found me...

Will be back ooo

I'm very happy for you. Honestly.

Thank you, Father, on her behalf.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 10:19am On Jun 24, 2021
Anyanwu2003:
Gurus in the house please help. Applied 24th April. Ordered GCMS from CSBA. Came back a week later.
You must be under Eligibility Review. The Counterfoil required, is it Y or what?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 10:20am On Jun 24, 2021
LadyBlaq:
Words have failed me. Who am I that he is so mindful of me? A wretched sinner like me? With all my baggages, Grace has found me...

Will be back ooo
Congrats! That's a great news.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lamideyy: 10:20am On Jun 24, 2021
Tipzey:
Hi everyone! I'm just about to order for my gcms notes. Pls which is faster and cost effective:
getgcmsonline or

thegcmsnotes.

Thanks

Try gcmsonline

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by bollybeejay: 10:21am On Jun 24, 2021
tracy0803409:
Good day house, I know this question is a decision I have to make, but I just need reviews from my fellow nairalanders, pls between FANSHAWE college and CONESTOGA college, which is better for a health related PG course,because am about to make tuition deposit, but am confused on which to go

Please your responses will be highly appreciated

Personally I'd prefer Conestoga
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Leyemoshood: 10:21am On Jun 24, 2021
cole82:
pls what entitle you to do a postgraduate? Is it when the GPA one graduated is below 2:1. Just asking and I want to be sure.

Most times, YES!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Legacyedition: 10:24am On Jun 24, 2021
LadyBlaq:

Will be back ooo

Congrats ladyblaq . Canada will favour you...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SweetJJ: 10:25am On Jun 24, 2021
Congratulations.

LadyBlaq:

Will be back ooo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by nifnifemi: 10:29am On Jun 24, 2021
Grace really found you.

Congratulations.

LadyBlaq:

Will be back ooo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by BaaleOfOntario: 10:33am On Jun 24, 2021
Good morning Anyanwu, I want to ask how you ordered your gcms note via CBSA. what site did you use and how did they charge you.
Anyanwu2003:
Gurus in the house please help. Applied 24th April. Ordered GCMS from CSBA. Came back a week later.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by CHIKACIC: 10:35am On Jun 24, 2021
LadyBlaq:

Will be back ooo

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by DeeShares: 10:35am On Jun 24, 2021
Good day everyone. I hope you are all doing well. I would greatly appreciate some advice.

On Monday, I received a Request Letter and they want documentation on the following:

- Updated study plan outlining the purpose of your studies​;
- Confirmation of who is funding your studies in Canada and their relationship to you, and proof of their income and funds for the last 6 months​
- Confirmation of whether you are or have been represented either by a designated individual or paid representative, and if so have you submitted a completed form (designated individual IMM5475/ paid representative IMM5476)

I am wondering if anyone else got such request. I have gotten proof of my sponsors income and funds for the last 6 months but with regards to my updated study plan, I am not sure what more I can include that was not in my original study plan.

I would really appreciate if any of the gurus in the house could advise me because it seems like this is what is standing in the way of me getting my study visa.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 10:36am On Jun 24, 2021
philerhurun:
God be praised now & forever.

PPR landed this morning.
I have been a silent reader, came here after my first refusal.
I want to thank all the Gurus in the house and everyone on this platform - who is either here to provide solutions or voice their challenges.
I have learnt so much from you all & God bless you.

Those who are still expectant, keep praying, activate your faith & get your GCMS notes as applicable.

God will do it for us all because it must surely end in praise.
I will post my timeline later.

Incoming student @MUN

Congrats!!!

Please, when did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lovesarrow: 10:36am On Jun 24, 2021
Congrats
philerhurun:
God be praised now & forever.

PPR landed this morning.
I have been a silent reader, came here after my first refusal.
I want to thank all the Gurus in the house and everyone on this platform - who is either here to provide solutions or voice their challenges.
I have learnt so much from you all & God bless you.

Those who are still expectant, keep praying, activate your faith & get your GCMS notes as applicable.

God will do it for us all because it must surely end in praise.
I will post my timeline later.

Incoming student @MUN

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Amenmay: 10:37am On Jun 24, 2021
Onweke:

Yes.
See my GCMS note attached.

I have paid and IRCC finance dept confirmed payment in full yet no update since April.

My application is in God's hands now. Lagos embassy say make I no disturb them with mails and webforms again grin

I'm about to do my medical. (booked July 8 Qlife)
Me tooo IRCC Finance department acknowledged my payment by replying payment made in full since April 28, 2021 I received the mail nothing has even changed in my status and i have not mail them what people advise me was that I should order for my GCMS notes and book for my medical of which I have done so. I have committed my application in God's hands.
All I know is it MUST end in Praise.....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 10:38am On Jun 24, 2021
Any April 28-30 applicant that has got PPR?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lovesarrow: 10:38am On Jun 24, 2021
Congrats dear
LadyBlaq:

Will be back ooo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SweetJJ: 10:40am On Jun 24, 2021
Chai, I understand your plight. However my advice is for you to apply to other schools and supervisors. If you want funding then don't go for course based, I doubt they give much funding for course based masters. Keep mailing different professors. Keep your mind for 2022 fall. I wish you all the best.

1Girllykdat:
Hello everyone. Please I'm in a fix & I need your advice cry.

Prior to my application for a research-based msc programme in Canada, I reached out to a prof who confirmed she'd be taking in 2 graduate students and also confirmed that our research interests aligned but wouldn't take anybody yet till the academic committee and potential supervisors reviewed all applications.

4 months after applying (may 2021), I heard nothing from the school. So, I mailed the graduate co-ordinator inquiring about the outcome of my application and the professor replied instead.

The prof told me she was finalizing her research group for fall and asked if I'd be able to talk over zoom. We had the meeting and we talked about my research proposal and said she'd be taking me in and giving me the emails of her other students and would speak to the graduate co-ordinator about funding as I am an international student.

With her word, I assumed I was in only for me to again mail the graduate co-ordinator in June (as time for visa application was going) and then be told the prof isn't taking in students again.

I was shocked and asked if there was a mix-up. I mailed the supervisor and she said she was sorry and that I misunderstood her. That she was torn as I am an excellent fit for her lab but that she is already taking in 2 phd students and now at her maximum capacity.

I mailed the graduate co-ordinator and asked if it was possible to switch to course work instead. She said that though my application had already been denied (cos of the prof), I would be considered.

But now the thing is next week is July and I don't even know when I would hear from the school. Plus neither I nor my close relatives have my school fees. I thought I would get in through research which is why I applied for only research programmes.

I met the minimum requirement of 75% btw . Had 82% in undergrad.

Does anybody have an idea how I can "appeal" to the professor or go about the situation?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ketima: 10:42am On Jun 24, 2021
Chai see as body the sweet me and anxious at the same time seeing others PPR. CONGRATS all PPR's. Happy for you all. @LadyBlaq please do come share your timeline.

Please when should one start ordering GCMS note and which site is best, faster and cheaper for it. I want to be ordering every month end so that I don't miss if any concern in the pre-assessment

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by TheDarkGamer: 10:43am On Jun 24, 2021
Ekulu77:
That is a sample for a consent letter
Since, it's not the school that is giving the consent letter I don't think you should use the letter head of the school.
Moreso,if you using an organization as your sponsor like the school you can use the letter head of the school for letter of sponsorship
My 2 cents

Thank you so much. So I shouldn't use the university's letterhead, because the university is not my sponsor?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Kam3: 10:45am On Jun 24, 2021
LadyBlaq:

Will be back ooo

Congratulations � may Canada favour you. Did you go through NSE?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by TheDarkGamer: 10:46am On Jun 24, 2021
TheDarkGamer:
Please I need help on how to write a consent letter as a parent. Can I have samples or general advice. Thank you.

If the parent is a lecturer, is it advisable to use the letter head of the university to print the consent letter?

Pleaee help, time is against me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Leyemoshood: 10:48am On Jun 24, 2021
1Girllykdat:
I was shocked and asked if there was a mix-up. I mailed the supervisor and she said she was sorry and that I misunderstood her. That she was torn as I am an excellent fit for her lab but that she is already taking in 2 phd students and now at her maximum capacity.

I met the minimum requirement of 75% btw . Had 82% in undergrad.

Does anybody have an idea how I can "appeal" to the professor or go about the situation?

Funding is usually allocated by school or scholarship organizations as such you might not be able to "appeal" to the professor because she has reached her maximum capacity as she mentioned, its not her fault. The only thing she might be able to do is probably secure another funding and then award it to you but that would be how much she think your research is worth and how valuable it is. I have a friend who just secured a PhD full funding in a USA University in a course/topic that funding have never been approved for, just because the supervisor pushed extra based on how valuable he thinks the research would be.

My advice: seek multiple options by applying to more schools especially in the USA. USA have more funding for research programs than Canada. And even if Canada is your first choice, check other schools. Dont just apply to a one school.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Feelmystarshine(m): 10:49am On Jun 24, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

You can reach out via my signature.

It will end in praise

Thanks so much boss man. I will update you on my application sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by emmy4Gold: 10:53am On Jun 24, 2021
Congratulations LadyBlaq, Canada will favour you IJN Amen
LadyBlaq:

Will be back ooo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anyanwu2003(f): 10:55am On Jun 24, 2021
EmeeNaka:
You must be under Eligibility Review. The Counterfoil required, is it Y or what?
we applying from nigeria need counter foil . It’s the visa stamp on passport.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Leyemoshood: 10:55am On Jun 24, 2021
DeeShares:
Good day everyone. I hope you are all doing well. I would greatly appreciate some advice.

On Monday, I received a Request Letter and they want documentation on the following:

- Updated study plan outlining the purpose of your studies​;
- Confirmation of who is funding your studies in Canada and their relationship to you, and proof of their income and funds for the last 6 months​
- Confirmation of whether you are or have been represented either by a designated individual or paid representative, and if so have you submitted a completed form (designated individual IMM5475/ paid representative IMM5476)

I am wondering if anyone else got such request. I have gotten proof of my sponsors income and funds for the last 6 months but with regards to my updated study plan, I am not sure what more I can include that was not in my original study plan.

I would really appreciate if any of the gurus in the house could advise me because it seems like this is what is standing in the way of me getting my study visa.

When is school supposed to resume as stated on your LOA?

Also can you share your SOP submitted for visa.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 10:55am On Jun 24, 2021
Awwwww congratulations LadyBlaq! I remember you panicking when you just submitted! God is faithful! Go forth and excel!!!

LadyBlaq:

Will be back ooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by onomss: 10:57am On Jun 24, 2021
Congratulations to all those who has received their PPR

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anyanwu2003(f): 10:58am On Jun 24, 2021
BaaleOfOntario:
Good morning Anyanwu, I want to ask how you ordered your gcms note via CBSA. what site did you use and how did they charge you.
Gcmsnotes.com. They took naira card

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 11:00am On Jun 24, 2021
Anyanwu2003:
we applying from nigeria need counter foil . It’s the visa stamp on passport.
I don't know what it mean oo. I am just comparing the writings on your GCMS note to the ones of others that has got PPR
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Eventus31: 11:01am On Jun 24, 2021
Congratulations dear. Indeed God is good
LadyBlaq:

Will be back ooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.