Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (210) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (692831 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by BaaleOfOntario: 11:01am On Jun 24, 2021
I meant to ask how much did they charge you ?
Anyanwu2003:

Gcmsnotes.com. They took naira card
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by nifnifemi: 11:04am On Jun 24, 2021
I strongly disagree with you.
The reason for MBS is to verify if the initial bank statement was genuine and the funds truly exist.

I will advise you still drop the initial MBS and also add the New MBS

Leyemoshood:

Unless the NSE request specifically mentioned that you should submit MBS of the initial account you submitted, you can just go ahead and submit the MBS of the new account as along as it is the same sponsor.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by AdoChel(f): 11:08am On Jun 24, 2021
Anyone having issues logging into their gckey account?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by gracedson: 11:10am On Jun 24, 2021
LadyBlaq:
Words have failed me. Who am I that he is so mindful of me? A wretched sinner like me? With all my baggages, Grace has found me...

Will be back ooo
Congratulations.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Kunfu(m): 11:12am On Jun 24, 2021
Hello house Please I need urgent response I just got my renewed passport yesterday, how will I update IRCC about the new one
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by 1Girllykdat: 11:13am On Jun 24, 2021
When I spoke with her in may she said a society already reached out for the said research and that my proposal was so timely.

Now she is saying I misunderstood her.

Leyemoshood:

Funding is usually allocated by school or scholarship organizations as such you might not be able to "appeal" to the professor because she has reached her maximum capacity as she mentioned, its not her fault. The only thing she might be able to do is probably secure another funding and then award it to you but that would be how much she think your research is worth and how valuable it is. I have a friend who just secured a PhD full funding in a USA University in a course/topic that funding have never been approved for, just because the supervisor pushed extra based on how valuable he thinks the research would be.

My advice: seek multiple options by applying to more schools especially in the USA. USA have more funding for research programs than Canada. And even if Canada is your first choice, check other schools. Dont just apply to a one school.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SuomyNona: 11:13am On Jun 24, 2021
Leyemoshood:

Funding is usually allocated by school or scholarship organizations as such you might not be able to "appeal" to the professor because she has reached her maximum capacity as she mentioned, its not her fault. The only thing she might be able to do is probably secure another funding and then award it to you but that would be how much she think your research is worth and how valuable it is. I have a friend who just secured a PhD full funding in a USA University in a course/topic that funding have never been approved for, just because the supervisor pushed extra based on how valuable he thinks the research would be.

My advice: seek multiple options by applying to more schools especially in the USA. USA have more funding for research programs than Canada. And even if Canada is your first choice, check other schools. Dont just apply to a one school.

100%.

There are more funding opportunities in the US, the person can try both CA and US for Fall 2022. The US have about 134 R1 universities (high research intensive institutions that gives adequate funding to grad applicants). Only the U15 universities and few other universities offer similar funding opportunities in CA.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by 1Girllykdat: 11:14am On Jun 24, 2021
Thanks to you and everyone for the advice btw.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nayaaaaa: 11:16am On Jun 24, 2021
Congrats to all the ppr clinchers. i submitted last week when am i likely to get an NSE request? And my medicals date is 25th of July, hope it is not too late?
Omo i now live permanently on IRCC website. I am self sponsored but i didnt submit my husband's SOA. Do you advice that i include it? GURUS God bless you as you respond
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by TheDarkGamer: 11:16am On Jun 24, 2021
TheDarkGamer:
Please I need help on how to write a consent letter as a parent. Can I have samples or general advice. Thank you.

If the parent is a lecturer, is it advisable to use the letter head of the university to print the consent letter?

Help?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ekulu77: 11:17am On Jun 24, 2021
I don't think it's relevant or necessary because it will creating some kind of confusion because the consent letter is suppose to be from your parent not the school your father works from
All in all, consent letter from parent should be without letter head of the university your father works
While sponsorship letter,if you're being sponsored by your parent you don't need a letter head paper but if it from an organization you can use their letter headed paper
I hope you get
TheDarkGamer:

Thank you so much. So I shouldn't use the university's letterhead, because the university is not my sponsor?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by honorableron(m): 11:17am On Jun 24, 2021
Chat me up 09072139272 ... I can hook U up ... Anytime you are ready
stevedestiny:
Good day my people someone pls help me out.

Is there a way to book urgent medical appointment? Cos the date I'm seeing online is very far.

Any ideas?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ekulu77: 11:18am On Jun 24, 2021
Yes , because consent letter is for minors
Like a letter to testify your parents know or aware that you're leaving the their premises to school in other country.
Others can kindly proffer more advise
TheDarkGamer:

Thank you so much. So I shouldn't use the university's letterhead, because the university is not my sponsor?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by timilehinemmanu(m): 11:19am On Jun 24, 2021
Congratulations dear grace found you I pray that Same grace find the rest of us ��

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RollyA(f): 11:19am On Jun 24, 2021
Wow wow! Amazing news! I knew it

LadyBlaq:
Words have failed me. Who am I that he is so mindful of me? A wretched sinner like me? With all my baggages, Grace has found me...

Will be back ooo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 11:26am On Jun 24, 2021
LadyBlaq:

Will be back ooo
Big Congratulations LadyBlaq.Am so happy for yo

Go and do great exploitz in Maple Land

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Freebands01: 11:27am On Jun 24, 2021
EmeeNaka:
Any April 28-30 applicant that has got PPR?

April 29th applicant, still waiting for PPR

It’ll end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by porchy(m): 11:35am On Jun 24, 2021
Congratulations! God is in my neighbourhood

LadyBlaq:

Will be back ooo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Mofolam: 11:35am On Jun 24, 2021
Ircc respond to those that went through normal route naah. E don tey small

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ray007bu: 11:40am On Jun 24, 2021
Mofolam:
Ircc respond to those that went through normal route naah. E don tey small

Hopefully it would be our turn soon. Did you ignore NSE?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by NorthernshoreTS(m): 11:46am On Jun 24, 2021
LadyBlaq:

Will be back ooo

Congratulations LadyBlaq!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and congratulations to everyone who have received their PPR. I am so happy for everyone. For those of us still on the journey, let us persevere in faith and trust God to complete that which He has started.

I also implore all of us to celebrate even the most little accomplishments. I posted that we had finally gotten admission into University of Regina after 4months+ of waiting and not a single congratulations from anyone. We only congratulate those who got PPR. Let us celebrate every the little victories.

Godspeed to us all.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by klintino: 11:49am On Jun 24, 2021
Good Morning. I just took my 1st dose of the Covid Vaccine at the National Primary Health Care Development Agency office close to Sahad Stores, Area 11 Garki Abuja.
Process was smooth and it took about 30mins
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by emmy4Gold: 12:13pm On Jun 24, 2021
NorthernshoreTS:

Congratulations LadyBlaq!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and congratulations to everyone who have received their PPR. I am so happy for everyone. For those of us still on the journey, let us persevere in faith and trust God to complete that which He has started.

I also implore all of us to celebrate even the most little accomplishments. I posted that we had finally gotten admission into University of Regina after 4months+ of waiting and not a single congratulations from anyone. We only congratulate those who got PPR. Let us celebrate every the little victories. Congratulations to you. May you have more reasons to celebrate

Godspeed to us all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by philerhurun: 12:17pm On Jun 24, 2021
Thanks
Submitted my second application on the 6th of May 2021

EmeeNaka:
Congrats!!!

Please, when did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by DamilareOla: 12:21pm On Jun 24, 2021
I got an offer to Cambrian college for IT Business Analysis some days back.

I would like to know if there is someone who is a current student or equally going there. I have questions.

Frankrobbn1:

I would suggest you stick to Cambrian College or Conestoga College in Ontario than the NBCC. I'll check my email for your message.

It will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by philerhurun: 12:21pm On Jun 24, 2021
Thanks

Lovesarrow:
Congrats
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 12:23pm On Jun 24, 2021
philerhurun:
Thanks
Submitted my second application on the 6th of May 2021

Wow! That's quick. Very good.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by philerhurun: 12:24pm On Jun 24, 2021
Many thanks

Tipzey:
Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 12:28pm On Jun 24, 2021
DamilareOla:
I got an offer to Cambrian college for IT Business Analysis some days back.

I would like to know if there is someone who is a current student or equally going there. I have questions.

Going to Cambrian. Yet to get PPR anyway
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Kachiii47: 12:31pm On Jun 24, 2021
Please I need one of the contact of the gurus here. Please it’s urgent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by may99(f): 12:33pm On Jun 24, 2021
Congratulations!!! Keep soaring

philerhurun:
God be praised now & forever.

PPR landed this morning.
I have been a silent reader, came here after my first refusal.
I want to thank all the Gurus in the house and everyone on this platform - who is either here to provide solutions or voice their challenges.
I have learnt so much from you all & God bless you.

Those who are still expectant, keep praying, activate your faith & get your GCMS notes as applicable.

God will do it for us all because it must surely end in praise.
I will post my timeline later.

Incoming student @MUN

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 12:34pm On Jun 24, 2021
DeeShares:
Good day everyone. I hope you are all doing well. I would greatly appreciate some advice.

On Monday, I received a Request Letter and they want documentation on the following:

- Updated study plan outlining the purpose of your studies​;
- Confirmation of who is funding your studies in Canada and their relationship to you, and proof of their income and funds for the last 6 months​
- Confirmation of whether you are or have been represented either by a designated individual or paid representative, and if so have you submitted a completed form (designated individual IMM5475/ paid representative IMM5476)

I am wondering if anyone else got such request. I have gotten proof of my sponsors income and funds for the last 6 months but with regards to my updated study plan, I am not sure what more I can include that was not in my original study plan.

I would really appreciate if any of the gurus in the house could advise me because it seems like this is what is standing in the way of me getting my study visa.

Please go and thank God because some people get denied because of this...

Also, ensure you do justice on these requests. All the best.

It will end in priase.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.