Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,964 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (217) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (691744 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by LadyBlaq: 11:03pm On Jun 24, 2021
Hello house. So I have been reading some tips on how to send my passport for stamping and I need some clarifications please.

I did my biometrics at Abj and I reside in another state.
I saw that one way courier is N12,570, does this mean that I have to pay N(2 X 12,570) for a two-way courier to Canada Logistic Collection account?

Also let's assume I will be using DHL, do I also need to pay a two way courier fee to DHL with the exception of the fees I paid to VFS office?

I ask because I have read here that sending passport to abj after doing biometric there is cheaper than someone who did biometrics in Lagos and is sending passport to Abj? I am also confused with this two and one way thingy.

Again, which one is yellow biometrics slip?

Someone please enlighten me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teemenzo: 11:04pm On Jun 24, 2021
No i don't as the agent is not opening up completely to me. I asked him to send all the details for me to also follow up but nothing was sent.

lawfree638:

Do you have access to your GCkey?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by LadyBlaq: 11:04pm On Jun 24, 2021
Tipzey:
Congratulations again! I'm also going to centennial college this fall, I sent you a mail pls. I would like to get in touch. Can I chat you up. Thanks.
Thanchuuuu. I have replied your mail...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teemenzo: 11:11pm On Jun 24, 2021
lawfree638:

Do you have access to your GCkey?

Pls what can i do in my situation?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Olaa123: 11:14pm On Jun 24, 2021
Teemenzo:

Pls what can i do in my situation?
Have you done your biometrics?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teemenzo: 11:15pm On Jun 24, 2021
Olaa123:

Have you done your biometrics?

Nothing has been since i paid last August. I expected that in less than a week i will be invited for biometrics, till now o. Nothing has happened.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teemenzo: 11:17pm On Jun 24, 2021
I don't know much abiut this study visa processing but with people's reviews, many people get their biometrics date 24hrs after the submit their application. I don't know why my own case has to take a year.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teemenzo: 11:19pm On Jun 24, 2021
Pls advise me on what to do ooo. I don't mind starting the whole process afresh.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Olaa123: 11:30pm On Jun 24, 2021
Teemenzo:
I don't know much abiut this study visa processing but with people's reviews, many people get their biometrics date 24hrs after the submit their application. I don't know why my own case has to take a year.

You have most likely been scammed. Were you sent an Acknowledgement of Receipt to show that the so called agent has applied?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 11:33pm On Jun 24, 2021
Teemenzo:

Nothing has been since i paid last August. I expected that in less than a week i will be invited for biometrics, till now o. Nothing has happened.
You mean you applied since August last year and has not been called for Biometrics enrollment?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Bioles1187(m): 11:38pm On Jun 24, 2021
EmeeNaka:
You mean you applied since August last year and has not been called for Biometrics enrollment?
the unexpected has happen to the bros
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teemenzo: 11:39pm On Jun 24, 2021
Olaa123:

You have most likely been scammed. Were you sent an Acknowledgement of Receipt to show that the so called agent has applied?

He did not send anything to me. Except for the admision letter of the school which i received in May last year. All he has been saying is that Covid has affected all applications. But i still see people whi got their visas last year.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teemenzo: 11:40pm On Jun 24, 2021
EmeeNaka:

No, i haven't. Nothing since then.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teemenzo: 11:41pm On Jun 24, 2021
Olaa123:

The man said that he opened another email address for me. So i don't receive any mails whatsoever. He is the only one receiving it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teemenzo: 11:43pm On Jun 24, 2021
Bioles1187:

You mean i have been scammed, no qualms. How can i start the whole process again from applying to a school to the study visa? Its not the end.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teemenzo: 11:44pm On Jun 24, 2021
Bioles1187:

You mean i have been scammed, no qualms. How can i start the whole process again from applying to a school to the study visa? Its not the end.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 11:46pm On Jun 24, 2021
Teemenzo:

No, i haven't. Nothing since then.
But you have got Admission in a Designated Learning Institution? And the Offer Letter is still Valid?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teemenzo: 11:47pm On Jun 24, 2021
EmeeNaka:
But you have got Admission in a Designated Learning Institution? And the Offer Letter is still Valid?

I can't say if the offer is still valid because its last year and the agent told me he has differed the admission to this year. But he hasn't sent any document to me to certify it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 11:48pm On Jun 24, 2021
Wow...so sorry about this!

jfrazzy:
March and April getting request
What about we since last year October..
My case is different and what God can't do doesn't exist
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 11:49pm On Jun 24, 2021
Have you been ordering your notes? This is unfair!

jfrazzy:
March and April getting request
What about we since last year October..
My case is different and what God can't do doesn't exist
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SweetJJ: 11:51pm On Jun 24, 2021
This is where you need to work. We cannot really help you since we do not know if you are going for Bsc, msc,PhD, pgd, Etc. Use Google and do school search of the course you want to study.

While doing so, bear the tuition ( as per your budget), and other things in mind. Get admission then come back to this thread for study permit advice. I guess there is another thread for admission.

Then use the search button and search for documents for study permit. Feel free to ask your question if you get confused along the line. For now, I would say, do your homework. Success in your search.

Teemenzo:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SweetJJ: 11:57pm On Jun 24, 2021
How much do you trust this agent? Was he some random guys you met on the net? Or he has an office you met him in? Right from admission you should be able to know what's going on in your application etc. It's likely there was no admission in the first place.

If you know him personally, try and book an appointment and verify his claims of the admission and visa. If you don't know him personally, highest you can do is to drag him on social media.

Best thing to do, is to forget about him, start afresh and apply for schools, after admission then apply for Visa yourself. This platform has been advocating for DIY to avoid stories like this.

Teemenzo:

I can't say if the offer is still valid because its last year and the agent told me he has differed the admission to this year. But he hasn't sent any document to me to certify it.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 11:58pm On Jun 24, 2021
Teemenzo:

Hmmm! This is so bad. It could even be fake Admission. If he is sure of the Admission,there would not be need to keep it away from you since he has collected his money. Well, you can begin the Admission process yourself. You can apply to Cambrian college, they still have courses for International Students for fall this year, though I can't say if you can still meet up with Visa process.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teemenzo: 12:04am On Jun 25, 2021
EmeeNaka:
Hmmm! This is so bad. It could even be fake Admission. If he is sure of the Admission,there would not be need to keep it away from you since he has collected his money. Well, you can begin the Admission process yourself. You can apply to Cambrian college, they still have courses for International Students for fall this year, though I can't say if you can still meet up with Visa process.

Thank you very much. I really appreciate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Akannitommy: 12:06am On Jun 25, 2021
In addition and while you work on getting another admission of the said agent addmission renewed, I will say don't apply for study visa without knowing what really transpired last year. If you have to arrest or fight the agent, do something. Reason is if they did apply on your behalf and a decision was received or not, you should be aware. If you submit a new application without knowing what happened, you could walk into a 5-year ban or worse with your eyes wide open. So be aware! Get enough info out of the agent for you to request a GCSM notes at the least. If possible, get copies of all the past application and documents submitted in your name. Remember, it is your name they used to apply, assuming they actually did.

o
SweetJJ:
This is where you need to work. We cannot really help you since we do not know if you are going for Bsc, msc,PhD, pgd, Etc. Use Google and do school search of the course you want to study.

While doing so, bear the tuition ( as per your budget), and other things in mind. Get admission then come back to this thread for study permit advice. I guess there is another thread for admission.

Then use the search button and search for documents for study permit. Feel free to ask your question if you get confused along the line. For now, I would say, do your homework. Success in your search.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 12:11am On Jun 25, 2021
Teemenzo:
No I don't as the agent is not opening up completely to me. I asked him to send all the details for me to also follow up but nothing was sent.

I'm sorry but I feel something bad has happened in form of a scam.

These are what I will advise you to do judiciously:

1. If you can challenge him or her and get some of the funds back (if no substantial proof), fine if not, just leave the agent and walk away. Definitely, the act will catch up with him or her.

OLD NEWS - There is nothing in this country Nigerians can't forge which is what is affecting our visa application.

2. Don't rush in applying. Gather information. I can guarantee you that this is the right place. NL has awesome gurus.

3. Identify and reevaluate your the level of education you want to chase in CA.

4. In the process of waiting, start gathering and position documents that help your admission and visa application. More importantly, start building evidence for a proof of funds.

5. Build network here that can assist you in your application. Guys here can help you than most agents (I can bet my money on this).

Again, I'm sorry about this development. I pray if it's happened that this agent scammed, it will be his/her last.

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Mofolam: 12:12am On Jun 25, 2021
Teemenzo:
No i don't as the agent is not opening up completely to me. I asked him to send all the details for me to also follow up but nothing was sent.

You haven’t applied for visa yet. The agent lied to you. There is Absolutely no way you applied for this long and you are yet to do biometrics. At this point it’s safe to even question the admission. If you have your loa I suggest you start contact the school yourself to verify your admission. After that is satisfied apply for the visa yourself. Everything you need to apply is on this platform

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 12:13am On Jun 25, 2021
Akannitommy:
In addition and while you work on getting another admission of the said agent addmission renewed, I will say don't apply for study visa without knowing what really transpired last year. If you have to arrest or fight the agent, do something. Reason is if they did apply on your behalf and a decision was received or not, you should be aware. If you submit a new application without knowing what happened, you could walk into a 5-year ban or worse with your eyes wide open. So be aware! Get enough info out of the agent for you to request a GCSM notes at the least. If possible, get copies of all the past application and documents submitted in your name. Remember, it is your name they used to apply, assuming they actually did.

o

I agree with you.

You need to find out exactly what happened. If you have your chat with him, voice conversation recorded, emails etc, please take him to the station.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Akannitommy: 12:16am On Jun 25, 2021
Hi,

I think your question is a bit unclear to get the right and helpful response. But from the little I understand in your post, here is my two cent:

Can you confirm that you sent the passport already? Have you received back your passport with or without a visa stamp?

I think the image of letter you shared seem like an introduction letter which every PPR receipient gets once their visa stamp is fixed on the passport; most times, even before the passport is returned to you. The thing to be issued on arrival is a study permit which is different from the visa stamp.

Also, there is nothing to be scared about convincing the immigration officer. This is a routine process everyone go through - even those who are travelling on non-student visa. The logic is that holding a visa is not a license that you will be allowed to enter the country that issued it; that decision is at the discretion of the immigration officer.

Best.

blackedwin:
I salute everyone,my wife was asked to send her passport 2weeks ago we just received a letter saying Visa would be issued on arrival. Pls house what happens on arrival and what documents would she have to go with to convince the immigration officer at the POE.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teemenzo: 12:19am On Jun 25, 2021
Thank you all, i really appreciate this. I'm not new to being scammed. Its already fashioned in the fabric of this nation which is one of the reasons we want to leave. No problems about getting the money back. I will get all necessary information and start afresh. Thanks guys

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Akannitommy: 12:27am On Jun 25, 2021
Hi,

I sympathize with you but be composed in your next step. Let me give you one instance why you should follow-up with the agent. Not to claim a refund BUT to clarify on the application.

If the agent did apply (which I doubt) and mentioned that you have a sibling but you actually have two. It could also be you saying no previous refusal but you were refused and the agent didn't say so. If you "re-apply" and state that you have two siblings, or you were never refused, those are discrepancies which could cost you a 5-year ban or worse.

That is why you should be aware of what really happened. The best case situation is that no application was actually lodged then you can start on a clean sheet.

Best.

Teemenzo:
Thank you all, i really appreciate this. I'm not new to being scammed. Its already fashioned in the fabric of this nation which is one of the reasons we want to leave. No problems about getting the money back. I will get all necessary information and start afresh. Thanks guys

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teemenzo: 12:49am On Jun 25, 2021
Akannitommy:
Hi,

I sympathize with you but be composed in your next step. Let me give you one instance why you should follow-up with the agent. Not to claim a refund BUT to clarify on the application.

If the agent did apply (which I doubt) and mentioned that you have a sibling but you actually have two. It could also be you saying no previous refusal but you were refused and the agent didn't say so. If you "re-apply" and state that you have two siblings, or you were never refused, those are discrepancies which could cost you a 5-year ban or worse.

That is why you should be aware of what really happened. The best case situation is that no application was actually lodged then you can start on a clean sheet.

Best.

You are right sir. I will follow up on the application.

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.