Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (219) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (692057 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Genyc: 9:07am On Jun 25, 2021
If your current passports hasn’t expired, go ahead and apply with it, and once you receive your new passport, raise a web form and send the new one

RichieJayy:
How do one deal with about to expired passport? And enrollment for renewed passport is to be collected within 4-6weeks later.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by johnsukanmi: 9:07am On Jun 25, 2021
Please can you confirm the name of the firm/lawyer that filed the JR on your behalf? My email is johnsukanmi213@gmail.com .Thanks alot!

mrkingz:
Congratulations!
Emphasis on the bolded..
And my lawyers have attested to this fact even in my own case.
Sometimes in life, you'll need to take a stand and fight especially when it's crystal-clear that justice was never served fair!
I'm glad for you.
I'll be back to share mine too..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 9:11am On Jun 25, 2021
AbionaT:
Please Guru in the house you are doing a great job here.
Please can I order for my GCM note, even if ELIGIBILITY has not started yet.
Thanks

Hello AbionaT,

If your application has stayed up to one month, please do. In nutshell, some activities have begun even if your eligibility has not been updated.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by prada1: 9:13am On Jun 25, 2021
Good morning everyone. Please i like to know the procedure to sending email to the canadian embassy regarding my application.
My application is over one months now and i can't seem to see any updates on my portal not even a ghost update.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 9:17am On Jun 25, 2021
Shenaniganzzz:

Hi Anon I thought we could order for the gcms in order to check if the VO has some concerns about our application so we can address it before a decision is made

Hello Shenaniganzzz,

This is correct. GCMS notes request can be requested at any point even if an application is 1 week old. The only thing is, it may not contain any vital information.

One love!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 9:21am On Jun 25, 2021
Ketima:

Please in a scenario where your application is jst a month, but has received series of ghost updates but eligibility hasn't started, is it wise to order GCMS note. Cos the cost isn't much but to have insight of what your file is saying is good.

Hello Ketima,

Please, go ahead with the request.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Carebeyondcure: 9:22am On Jun 25, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by LadyBlaq: 9:29am On Jun 25, 2021
Lianna2020:
@ladyblaq

Also if you don’t have the yellow slip, use the whit long one .
No need for transmission fee.

Thank you dear, I do have the white long one. Also, I noticed that one of my photocopied passport was stamped by VFS and i saw an inscription on the paper to come with it for PP collection. Do I also have to send it together with the long slip?
Before my PPR request, I seldom read anything about submission of passport, silly me.

Dabricious:
Good morning Ladyblaq, congratulations on your PPR, im so happy for you. You have been celebrating with others and now its your turn to be celebrated.
You don't need to pay transmission fee again since you did your Biometrics in Abuja. Just include the yellow slip in the envelope you are sending.
Secondly, you need to pay for two way carrier so that they can deliver it back to your house address.
I hope this helps
Thank God it's just DHL 2 way courier I have to pay...I was almost wondering...Thank you Dabricious, we will all get celebrated in this forum.

elenewton1:
I can only answer for the yellow biometrics slip. It is the slip (paper) you got from VFS on the day of your biometrics.
Regarding the 2-way courier, Lianna2020 will know better as she did something similar.

Omo! I have totally forgotten something was given to me at the center o. Thank you.
Ebonieblack:

You need a two way courier to Abuja and back to you.
As you can't physically go to VFS office for stamping. The money you will pay since your biometrics was collected in Abuja is only for DHL or UPS.

I hope this helps
Thanks alot.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 9:29am On Jun 25, 2021
Mofpearl:
Passport request dropped yesterday. Alhamdulliah.
This is a reapplication. The previous student visa was approved. Anyone going to UoM or Manitoba please hit me up.
@justmellow thank you sooo much for encouraging me when I was all panicky.

Profile.
Submitted - may 7. I had two ghost updates before eligibility started, one was on my previous application.
Eligibility - may 19
Medical review- may 24
Medical request - may 25
Medical exam completed june - 12
Medical exam sent june 19
Medical passed - june 21. I kept waiting for an email so didn't notice my medical was passed.
Passport request june 23

Hello Mofpearl,

I am so delighted to finally read your love letter. I told you they love you. Big congratulations and thank you for the recognition.

Prosper!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 9:43am On Jun 25, 2021
Carebeyondcure:
Hello Everyone I have come again with my question wink. The 30k NSE requirement does it include tuition fee or 30k minus the tuition.
Congratulations to the PPR holders and to the expectant yours is on the way God is in the neighborhood is definitely turn by turn

Hello Carebeyondcure,

In whatever commitment that was done i.e. paying tuition fees, etc., the financial demonstration for the NSE stream should meet the C$30,000 and close to it if it's the regular stream if you are using a family member sponsor. You don't want to present C$20,000 after tuition cost but is ideal if self-sponsored and if the program is one year.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by tonnymexx: 9:43am On Jun 25, 2021
Hello

Has anyone gotten scholarship to UCW to study MBA and what is the chances of getting visa to study MBS at UCW?

Am asking these cos am about to start my application. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 9:46am On Jun 25, 2021
Ekulu77:
My application is kinda similar to yours considering
I'm also applying as a minor. Your home ties could be actually your family in the sense that you ,you won't want to stay in another country without family so you won't exceed the appropriate duration.
Also , it could be like the employment prospect of your prospective course stating in your SOP that you country they really offer job or want people that studied abroad.
The course is like an hot course in Nigeria, we really need it ,how it can help your country and all
Make sure you sound patriotic in your SOP
Another one, properties we're Young so we don't have properties but you can be like you will want to come back to your home country to look over the properties ( your parents)
Home ties are basically what will make you come back to your country.mothers government job can't really serve as an home tie because you're not the owner of the job ,you mum can wish to change her employment.

Hello Ekulu77,

This is insightful. Nice one. I look forward to your testimony.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 10:00am On Jun 25, 2021
kelvine95:

Hi all, good evening.

So my study permit was approved last week but I had to defer to Fall 2021 from Summer 2021.

What is the process involved in informing IRCC? I got my new admission letter today, and I can get a new funding letter from my supervisor if need be.

Kindly help.

@frankrobbn @justmellow @lekiboe etc

Hello Kelvine95,

Big congratulations on your approval. More wins.

There will be no need to notify or inform IRCC about a deferment. It is only mandated to do so if you switch DLI or if the program is suspended.

Best of Luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 10:03am On Jun 25, 2021
skull4eva:
Abeg my people who is going to montreal in mid july i am in search of a travel buddy. Signify please. Make we gather roll together.
Already i have bought a new shoe whey never touch naija soil before with the plan of changing my shoes to it as soon as my plan lands such that i will be entering the mapple land in grand style. Lols.

Hello Skull4eva,

This is not a bad idea.

More wins!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 10:07am On Jun 25, 2021
phorllytony:
Please who knows if Barters flutterwave virtual card is good for making VISA application payment to CIC.

Hello Phorllytony,

It is if you don't mind the high rate at $USD 500. You should credit your barter account slightly above NGN 81,000 for it to go through.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Carebeyondcure: 10:12am On Jun 25, 2021
Thank you
JustMellow:

Hello Carebeyondcure,

In whatever commitment that was done i.e. paying tuition fees, etc., the financial demonstration for the NSE stream should meet the C$30,000 and close to it if it's the regular stream if you are using a family member sponsor. You don't want to present C$20,000 after tuition cost but is ideal if self-sponsored and if the program is one year.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by papijulah: 10:18am On Jun 25, 2021
I will like to know the airlines access to land in winnipeg. Travelling next month
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Shefunmih: 10:18am On Jun 25, 2021
A Nigerian living in China(on work visa) applied for Canada study permit in China and was refused. They are not convinced that he will leave Canada at the end of his studies based on personal assets and financial status. Also based on his immigration status.

He has gotten more documents to address those reasons.

Would you suggest he reapply in China since he is currently in China or just apply through Nigeria since application is done online?

Note:
Biometrics:Done
Medicals: Done
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by nifnifemi: 10:28am On Jun 25, 2021
Yes people get scholarahip based on eligibility

10,000$-3.8 or above GPA
5000$-3.6-3.8 GPA
5000$-Foundation scholarship
4000$-IELTS 7 band above
3000$-3.0-3.6GPA

*ANY ONE SCHOLARSHIP WILL BE APPLICABLE*

Also UCW was ranked No 9 among Canada universities with highest number of study visa issued to international student.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQbr-SMnBv0/?utm_medium=copy_link

tonnymexx:
Hello

Has anyone gotten scholarship to UCW to study MBA and what is the chances of getting visa to study MBS at UCW?

Am asking these cos am about to start my application. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 10:28am On Jun 25, 2021
shupy:
GCMS note of a 17 year old Nigerian applicant
"I am not Satisfied that the applicant would leave Canada at the end of their stay as a temporary resident,I note that : The client is Single,Mobile, is not well established and has no dependents"

Hello Shupy,

It is a template already created in which the officers are mandated to follow and/or edit to enter their concerns.

I have seen the notes of a Nairalander who got approval but her 2 months (within this age range not vivid) baby was refused for personal assets and financial status.

The concerned person should either seek a JR or reapply. When addressing the concern, PA should constructively argue on the officer's concern ground.

Importantly, if a minor gets refused for home ties and financial grounds, it is coming from the sponsor and not the minor. A sponsor can also be a contributing factor to an applicant's denial.

One love bro!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SweetestTeeY: 10:29am On Jun 25, 2021
Good morning, please are you aware of any other international courier services apart from DHL?
LadyBlaq:
Thank you dear, I do have the white long one. Also, I noticed that one of my photocopied passport was stamped by VFS and i saw an inscription on the paper to come with it for PP collection. Do I also have to send it together with the long slip?
Before my PPR request, I seldom read anything about submission of passport, silly me.

Thank God it's just DHL 2 way courier I have to pay...I was almost wondering...Thank you Dabricious, we will all get celebrated in this forum.

Omo! I have totally forgotten something was given to me at the center o. Thank you.
Thanks alot.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Doree: 10:30am On Jun 25, 2021
LadyBlaq:
Thank you everyone. I appreciate all your well wishes, nah turn by turn. We will most certainly get our individual requests approved, it's just a matter of time.

Special thanks to Jehovah overdo, it's all because of Him. I am forever grateful Lord...

A big congrats Ladyblaq. I have followed your story from when you submitted and came here to report you have joined the race. I'm so glad it ended in praise. I thank God with and for you.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by onomss: 10:32am On Jun 25, 2021
God I have typed my testimony remaining to post it. Come through for your daughter.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 10:41am On Jun 25, 2021
Xyzdojah:

I got admission to UofM, please how do I start my visa application process.. I'm new here and I will be glad if someone can put me through as I will be sponsoring myself..

Hello Xyzdojah,

Welcome here, you will be glad you were here. Useful information is on the front first page or read through my old posts or Frankrobbn1, Lekiboboe, Chocs, Uzomachukwu, Shupy's posts.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by tonnymexx: 10:41am On Jun 25, 2021
That is nice bro
I finished with 3.85 GPA. Do you mean am eligible for this "10,000$-3.8 or above GPA"?

nifnifemi:
Yes people get scholarahip based on eligibility

10,000$-3.8 or above GPA
5000$-3.6-3.8 GPA
5000$-Foundation scholarship
4000$-IELTS 7 band above
3000$-3.0-3.6GPA

*ANY ONE SCHOLARSHIP WILL BE APPLICABLE*

Also UCW was ranked No 9 among Canada universities with highest number of study visa issued to international student.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQbr-SMnBv0/?utm_medium=copy_link

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Carebeyondcure: 10:47am On Jun 25, 2021
omoo which way naija have applied for my passport since march no update concerning it my tired is tired I cant even pay for my acceptance fee without it after all the struggles for admission that took me 4 months
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 10:49am On Jun 25, 2021
prada1:
Good morning everyone. Please i like to know the procedure to sending email to the canadian embassy regarding my application.
My application is over one months now and i can't seem to see any updates on my portal not even a ghost update.

Hello
You should also request GCMS notes.

See webform here

nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by LadyBlaq: 11:00am On Jun 25, 2021
Doree:

A big congrats Ladyblaq. I have followed your story from when you submitted and came here to report you have joined the race. I'm so glad it ended in praise. I thank God with and for you.
Thank you very much dear.

@Justmellow, thanks alot. You are one of the pillars in this forum, God bless you.

SweetestTeeY:

Good morning, please are you aware of any other international courier services apart from DHL?
I hear FedEX and GIG do international deliveries too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 11:04am On Jun 25, 2021
Hazardd:
Pls which school should I apply in Canada that accept hnd for master .. does.one new to pay the school fees here before the school accept the admission and also before your Visa been granted.. like how much someone need to hold before applying... I want to get this necessary information before I start applying? Can I apply now? Make una help a brother because is just like a family thing..am just new in this kind of thing....
You can't apply for a Masters in Canada with an HND degree. As an HND holder, you are expected to go for a Post Graduate Certificate (PG.Cert) program.

If you are still interested in doing a Masters with your HND and you have a good Academic standing, you can try USA. There are HND holders who got admission for a Masters and PHD in the U.S., e.g Eastern Illinois University, USA, though most HND holders have to evaluate their Transcript & Certificate with WES USA

Go to the "USA Visa thread" for more enquiries if interested
https://www.nairaland.com/6354180/general-usa-student-visa-enquiries-part
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RichieJayy: 11:04am On Jun 25, 2021
Hello,
Hope you’re doing well. My counterfoil shows that my TRV will expire by January 1, 2022 because my passport will expire by January 31, 2022. And my program will start January 10, 2022 and ends by July 2023, plz what do you suggest I do to get the extensions. I also need the gurus best advice.

Lianna2020:
I applied with mine expiring February because of the passport situation at the moment .

I’d renew once it’s close to expiring

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Dynatotita(m): 11:11am On Jun 25, 2021
I had a chat with Abuja VFS online and I was informed that I should do oneway courier.

To your question, two way means times 2 the amount to be paid to courier coy.

LadyBlaq:
Hello house. So I have been reading some tips on how to send my passport for stamping and I need some clarifications please.

I did my biometrics at Abj and I reside in another state.
I saw that one way courier is N12,570, does this mean that I have to pay N(2 X 12,570) for a two-way courier to Canada Logistic Collection account?

Also let's assume I will be using DHL, do I also need to pay a two way courier fee to DHL with the exception of the fees I paid to VFS office?

I ask because I have read here that sending passport to abj after doing biometric there is cheaper than someone who did biometrics in Lagos and is sending passport to Abj? I am also confused with this two and one way thingy.

Again, which one is yellow biometrics slip?

Someone please enlighten me.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 11:11am On Jun 25, 2021
Doree:

Thank you for your answer.
I know that a one year and six months program can qualify someone for a 3yrs pgwp if run concurrently.
But my question is , ' can someone who starts the six months program immediately, upon completion of the one year program, still qualify for the 3yrs pgwp?'

E.g The one year program in this case being a Masters degree, and the six months program being a short certification course.

Hello Doree,

Your example is what we are saying for as long as it is not an ESL or FSL program.

Cheers!

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.