Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (231) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (689156 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 4:46pm On Jun 26, 2021
OCT202020:
To the best of my knowledge, there's no difference between LOE and SOP, both servers the same purpose, which is a detailed and well crafted explanation of your application, since there's no in-person interview. Just my thought.

Actually, there is difference between SOP and LOE. You can get this information in page 1 of part 19.

The SOP is your statement of purpose, and it is mostly needed and used by first time Visa applicants.

The LOE, is the Letter of Explanation used by reapplying applicants, here they try to deal with concerns raised in the first refusal by providing information that will allay concerns.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by justjify(m): 4:55pm On Jun 26, 2021
Hello Fellow Plan B colleagues.
Please I have a question, I have been seeing Online Application submission. Please, is it application to your school or what?
Pardon this question. Person wey ask question no de miss road.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 4:56pm On Jun 26, 2021
TheDarkGamer:

Thanks so do I have to write a statement of purpose for both study permit and trv?

You are only writing you SOP for the application of Study permit/Student Visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Pinkey2021: 4:58pm On Jun 26, 2021
Olaa123:

Congratulations sis. Your patience and perseverance has really been rewarded.

Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lolathegenie: 5:06pm On Jun 26, 2021
Good morning people, please i have a question how do people upload information like IELTS, upfront medical proof, statement of purpose, proof of employment along with their application?
I don't see the option to upload all that. Or do you just merge all of them together and submit it under the Client Information section of the application?
I just need to clarify. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 5:09pm On Jun 26, 2021
OCT202020:
To the best of my knowledge, there's no difference between LOE and SOP, both servers the same purpose, which is a detailed and well crafted explanation of your application, since there's no in-person interview. Just my thought.

SOP & LOE ain't the same

See this

Difference between SOP & LOE
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/688#97027510
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 5:14pm On Jun 26, 2021
Pinkey2021:
IT IS PPR MY PEOPLE!!! WHERE ARE MY FELLOW MARCH FOLKS??!!!

GOD IS TOO MUCH.

PLEASE NOTE: VERY VERY VERY LONG POST!!!

Didn’t know they send PPRs on Saturdays!!!

INDEED WHAT GOD CANNOT DO DOES NOT EXIST.

Congratulations..... It has ended in praise.
Canada will favour you.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 5:14pm On Jun 26, 2021
Pinkey2021:

GOD IS TOO MUCH.

PLEASE NOTE: VERY VERY VERY LONG POST!!!

This journey started last year (click on my moniker to read my first post on thread 18 to get an idea of what I’m talking about).

CANADA HAS BEEN A BIG DREAM OF MINE. I’VE BEEN ALMOST EVERYWHERE BUT CANADA (LOL).

I PRAYED THIS APPROVAL INTO EXISTENCE. I FASTED, KEPT DOING MIDNIGHT PRAYERS AND JOINED NSPPD PRAYER ALTAR WITH PASTOR JERRY EZE DAILY, BECAUSE THERE’S A HUGE POTENTIAL BUSINESS/CAREER OPPORTUNITY I’M HOPING TO EXPLORE IN CANADA AFTER MY STUDIES AND THIS ROUTE IS THE BEST WAY I KNOW TO ACHIEVE IT. THROUGH THIS ROUTE I’LL BE KILLING THE PROVERBIAL TWO BIRDS WITH ONE STONE, (THAT IS GETTING A CANADIAN QUALIFICATION WHICH WILL AID A GREAT DEAL WITH THIS PARTICULAR OPPORTUNITY). AND TODAY GOD DID IT!!!

This was a Self Sponsorship Application

SECTION ONE
MAIN DOCUMENTS
➡️All Required Immigration Forms:
imm1294e (Application for Study Permit Made Outside Canada)
imm5257b (Application for Temporary Residence)
imm5645e (Family Information Form)

REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:
➡️ TABLE OF CONTENTS
➡️Letters of Acceptance — Old and New (After refusal last year I deferred from Fall 2020 to Fall 2021.
PROOF OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT
➡️CSCS Stock/Share statement showing current value exceeding N5M

➡️Reference letter from my Stock broker

➡️myBankStatement certificate & password showing sufficient funds for my living expenses, my flight ticket and other miscellaneous expenses throughout the duration of my stay in Canada

➡️Bank Reference Letter

➡️Proof of Rental Income (Lease agreements & rent receipts of 6 of our fully rented properties) as additional sources and proof of funds.

➡️DLI Invoice and Full 1yr Tuition Receipt

➡️Business CAC certificate of Incorporation

➡️Tax certificate

➡️Company business card

➡️Business Investment Receipts, Invoices, and Import Duties

➡️Notarized certificate of Net worth of our immovable investments with their current value totaling over N350M✔️

SECTION TWO
CLIENT INFORMATION SECTION
➡️Statement of Purpose/Explanation
➡️Degrees and Transcripts
➡️Husband’s letter of Consent

HOME TIES & FAMILY
➡️Marriage certificate
➡️Husband and Children’s Passports
➡️Pictures with my Family—husband and children

HOME & ECONOMIC TIES
➡️Deeds of Assignment, Conveyance, and Property Management Agreement of three of our properties
➡️Pension Certificate
➡️Pictures of my business premises
➡️Husband’s business CAC registration
➡️Car papers for three of our vehicles

HOME & PROFESSIONAL TIES
➡️CV
➡️Current Contract with a global establishment
➡️Letter of Introduction and Recommendation from former bosses and business associates
➡️Pictures with business associates on business trips abroad
➡️Past employment: Employment Offer, Confirmation, Letter of Increase & Resignation Letters

TRAVEL HISTORY
➡️Old International passports showing Visas & several stamps of entry and exit to several countries including USA, Europe, etc

Application Timeline:

Application Submitted: 4th March, 2021

Biometrics Done: on 25th September, 2020 (yet to be updated on my GC Key account/portal).

Background Check: commenced 5th March, 2021

Upfront Medical: 25th February, 2021 (submitted with my application on 4th Mar. But was only updated on 16th June same day after I resent it)

Ordered GCMS Notes: May 25th

Received GCMS Notes: June 24th (nothing much was in it). Was contemplating sending another one next week.

Eligibility Review: commenced 24th June

BVL/PPR: June 26

Going for a 1yr PG certificate.

This was a 2nd Application. First application I did not include any of the above documents. I was a complete novice. (Lol). I didn’t even include my Tuition receipt or CAC or property docs, nothing at all, just my LOA, qualifications and passport that’s all.

But thank God for Nairaland where I learned everything I needed to know for a successful application (especially, as a self-sponsored applicant).

Also, since I didn’t include vital docs in my last application, I decided to overload them with documents this time around grin grin

I keyed in to @justexcellent testimony of his approval and wrote out the same prayer points he used while I fasted earlier this year.

God bless you all richly and establish us in our quests for destiny fulfillment. A big thank you goes out to @frankrobbn, @justmellow, @justexcellent (for that wonderful and inspiring testimony), @lekiboboe for your tireless constant help here, and of course to everyone new and old who has contributed to the success of this thread thereby helping fulfill destinies. God bless and reward you all abundantly in Jesus Mighty name.

End Note: my love letter arrived while I was praying this morning by 4am. Didn’t realize it until I checked by 12noon thereabout.

Finally!!!!! oti ja sope, Massive Congratulations to your

To the bolded, that cannot be overemphasized wink

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 5:18pm On Jun 26, 2021
Pinkey2021:

Amen. That’s the spirit. My small advice to everyone still awaiting PPR and hasn’t done Medicals or ordered for their GCMS notes is to do so immediately.

My GCMS note was practically empty save for an update that was done on the 16th of June!

Let me just say that requesting for my notes prompted them to look into my file.

Also, I sent emails and webform to Nairobi and Lagos offices twice. I used @Awys format of pleading with them. The first one I wrote I was demanding that they expedite it because it has exceeded current processing time. They ignored me without a response grin

But they responded to the second one of me pleading with them, and told me I’ll be updated soon.

My primary office was Nairobi while the secondary was London. Those London people did nothing until my notes were requested and they started forwarding documents to Nairobi. Kai!

The same day my GCMS notes arrived my eligibility review started.

And it took them less than 48hrs to review and issue PPR!!!

Also, my program comes with CO-OP, so I’ll be getting an SW-1 study permit (that is both a Study Permit and an Open Work Permit) rather than the normal S-1 permit. I peeped from my notes that my work permit has already been issued and that gave me a glimmer of hope, cos I didn’t see anything like that in my last year’s refusal notes.

So, please everyone, let’s be proactive about our applications, rather than wait for IRCC, do an upfront medicals and order for your GCMS notes(especially if your times has exceeded normal processing times. It’ll go a long way.

Shalom!
Thanks for the bolded, it was very insightful, that means Two Work permit right?

That is
- Work Permit for the 20hr/week (during school sessions) & 40hr/week(during holidays)

- Work Permit for the Co-op ?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 5:18pm On Jun 26, 2021
omariam:

GOD IS TOO MUCH.

Congratulations!

Congratulations... The Saturday PPR landing is a surprising and sweet.
Share you timeline

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by nickvanilla(m): 5:21pm On Jun 26, 2021
Please I need the current price of writing GMAT and GRE. I have been getting conflicting answers online. Has anyone here written recently? How much did it cost to register?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Pinkey2021: 5:24pm On Jun 26, 2021
Lianna2020:
Congratulations

Thank you so much @Lianna2020

This PPR we’ve both gotten will surely go round.

I perceive a massive PPR for many nairalanders from next week. Especially my fellow March folks! Amen.

Let’s be hopeful.

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jonjohnson: 5:24pm On Jun 26, 2021
Please, I am confussed, Can I get masters admission with CGPA of 3.48/5 ( B. Sc Economics) though it's a 2:2
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Gracehayford1: 5:26pm On Jun 26, 2021
A big Congratulations to people with ppr.. I shall testify also. Amen

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by elenewton1: 5:26pm On Jun 26, 2021
My oga, I greet you o. Na PPR we dey wait o.
Make God do am for all of us o.

justjify:
elenewton1 i greet you
How did your trip go?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 5:28pm On Jun 26, 2021
TheDarkGamer:
I just registered an account on the IRCC website. I selected the option that I haven't done medicals by an approved physician. I have some documents to upload. Do I just do the medicals in an approved hospital, or will I receive notification from them?

How do I upload my printed documents. Should I take pictures of them and upload?

What document should suffice for proof of funds? Bank statements? Aren't those rather long and too tedious to be uploaded? Any ideas?

CC Thaiy ekulu77 Mofolam Shupy and any others.

There is section foe documents to be uploaded, kindly scan all the documents fie each section, be sure to compress that it does not surpass the 4MB size for each required information you providing the documents.

Once you have compressed the scanned documents, you can then upload them.
You can also check to see formats for uploads, it mostly PDFs.

All best with your uploads.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 5:33pm On Jun 26, 2021
TheDarkGamer:
Can someone explain the difference between a study permit and a student visa? I know that I'll be issued a study permit upon arrival in Canada and the visa enables me to travel. However, do I apply for them together or separately? Any help?

What you are applying for is a Student Visa, which at the long run allows you get a study permit when the Visa is approved.

While applying, should you state your application as for study permit/ student visa, either is acceptable and understood by the VOs and the embassy.

However, when you receive a passport request, your passport gets stamped and you receive your visa, while your study permit will be issued at the point of entry when you are to enter into Canada.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 5:34pm On Jun 26, 2021
Good evening Honorables, trust you are doing great.

I want make an enquiry for a PHD holder who wants to come to Canada for his PostDoc.

Is PostDoc a Job or just like a Research Graduate program one can use the admission letter to apply for Study Visa

Any further enlightenment would be appreciated

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by IntimidationJay: 5:35pm On Jun 26, 2021
EmeeNaka:
This Charge back stuff delays Application too much. What you should do is to order for your GCMS notes. That will show you the activity in your application. Has eligibility review started in your GCKEYS?
My Gee, I know you are an April Applicant, please have you ordered your GCMS notes yet?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jeff5gold: 5:35pm On Jun 26, 2021
Teemenzo:
So thanks to my people here, things are already unraveling. So my Nairaland Soldier, @gracedson, got in contact with the agent, forced(let me say drag) him to drop the details. He dropped it and discovered that the account details has been dropped. But the account has been revoked. Pls help me out. How can i retrieve this account. Thank you

So you don end the issue like this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jeff5gold: 5:38pm On Jun 26, 2021
Teemenzo:

Amen, thank you. I really appreciate. Thanks to my blod brother who introduced me to this platform. Nairaland is really doing great.

After 2 years of waiting, your agent gave you a revoked GCKEY.....that’s a criminal offence.. I believe you not d only one he has done it to
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 5:40pm On Jun 26, 2021
Pinkey2021:

Amen. That’s the spirit. My small advice to everyone still awaiting PPR and hasn’t done Medicals or ordered for their GCMS notes is to do so immediately.

My GCMS note was practically empty save for an update that was done on the 16th of June!

Shalom!

Which of the gcms did you ordered?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by tobe1997: 5:40pm On Jun 26, 2021
Im applying for Cambrian,Conestoga and Algonquin colleges just in case any one gives me,but I'm really dunno if the admission application can be processed using my unofficial student transcript.cos I'd not,then I fit faint cos the stress I passed through for WES never comot from my body
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Mobi22: 5:42pm On Jun 26, 2021
Pinkey2021:

Thank you so much @Lianna2020

This PPR we’ve both gotten will surely go round.

I perceive a massive PPR for many nairalanders from next week. Especially my fellow March folks! Amen.

Let’s be hopeful.

Amen and Amen!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 5:42pm On Jun 26, 2021
IntimidationJay:

My Gee, I know you are an April Applicant, please have you ordered your GCMS notes yet?
I have not done that yet. What I did recently is to send them message through Webform and I also requested for information through one Canadian MP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Pinkey2021: 5:44pm On Jun 26, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Thanks for the bolded, it was very insightful, that means Two Work permit right?

That is
- Work Permit for the 20hr/week (during school sessions) & 40hr/week(during holidays)

- Work Permit for the Co-op ?

Hello @Lekiboboe from my understanding, normal Study Permit does not come with a work permit but rather an “authorization to work.”

That’s why it is written something like “permitted to work for 20/hrs per week during study session...” So, it’s not a work permit.

However, if your program comes with a CO-OP component, you’ll be issued with a separate Open Work Permit, in addition to the usual 20/hrs weekly authorization to work.

So yes, I’ll be getting both.

And the good thing about the co-op course is that the second semester when my co-op is expected to start, I’ll be working full 40hrs during school session (this is basically because the co-op program is essential to my studies). in addition to utilizing the 20/hr weekly authorization to work.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Pinkey2021: 5:46pm On Jun 26, 2021
Thaiy:

Congratulations..... It has ended in praise.
Canada will favour you.

Amen. Thank you so much.

If you’re still awaiting yours, it’ll come soon.

Keep the faith.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by nairaandaed: 5:47pm On Jun 26, 2021
Pls guys i need urgent advice, i just got my transcript from school and noticed so many errors, my date of birth which is 24 july 1992 was written as 25 july 1992, also my cgpa on the transcript is second class lower while my degree certificate is carrying second class upper, i was about applying for admision when i noticed al these, wil this be an issue, what do u guys think, and am not even in nigeria now to be able to go back to school and complain, can i go ahead and apply with the transcrip like that, am tinking of swearing affidavit for the date of birth issue. Any advice pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 5:50pm On Jun 26, 2021
lolathegenie:
Good morning people, please i have a question how do people upload information like IELTS, upfront medical proof, statement of purpose, proof of employment along with their application?
I don't see the option to upload all that. Or do you just merge all of them together and submit it under the Client Information section of the application?
I just need to clarify. Thanks

You arrange and merge documents together, then upload in client section.
Information like you educational documents, birth certificate, employment letter, stubs, and other client relevant documents, you will upload in client section.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 5:50pm On Jun 26, 2021
Jonjohnson:
Please, I am confussed, Can I get masters admission with CGPA of 3.48/5 ( B. Sc Economics) though it's a 2:2
You can get very well, especially if the GPA for your last year of Study is up to 2:1
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by TheDarkGamer: 5:53pm On Jun 26, 2021
Thaiy:

What you are applying for is a Student Visa, which at the long run allows you get a study permit when the Visa is approved.

While applying, should you state your application as for study permit/ student visa, either is acceptable and understood by the VOs and the embassy.

However, when you receive a passport request, your passport gets stamped and you receive your visa, while your study permit will be issued at the point of entry when you are to enter into Canada.

I understood that. However, due to lack of understanding, I contacted an agent and now I am still doing the same thing. So essentially, what I'm applying for is student visa/permit. This will be what an agent will do right?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 5:57pm On Jun 26, 2021
tobe1997:
Im applying for Cambrian,Conestoga and Algonquin colleges just in case any one gives me,but I'm really dunno if the admission application can be processed using my unofficial student transcript.cos I'd not,then I fit faint cos the stress I passed through for WES never comot from my body
Yes, Cambrian , Conestoga accepts unofficial transcript (Student copy) from applicants to process their admission. You don't need a WES evaluated transcript to apply to the mentioned school. I don't know about Algonquin College

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54