Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,944 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (685917 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SweetJJ: 10:36pm On Jun 26, 2021
Glad to know you are fine. Thanks for your prayers and good wishes. Please keep us posted, I am sincerely looking out for your posts, updates and of course when your ppr will finally arrive.

Spectro:

Thank you so so much (May God's abundant blessings locate you). I'm quite well. I should have reapplied a lot earlier, but I am waiting for tuition fee debit in my account. GCMS note will come in first week of July, but that's not much problem.

I intend to make a very water-tight application this time, and I don't want to leave any stone unturned, which is why getting my tuition payment receipt is quite imperative. By the special grace of God, I should be able to apply either next week or the first week of July.

I am very happy about the PPR showers these past few weeks. I pray for more rain of PPR in the coming weeks.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by TheDarkGamer: 10:38pm On Jun 26, 2021
Soulz22:

How did you book it online? No website to fill a webform, I’ve sent emails to the email provided no reply yet and the numbers are not going through. I can’t just travel from port harcourt to Lagos without not knowing all that.

I'm also in your shoes. Please mention me when you get an answer.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jun 26, 2021
Please who got admission with NAIT or schools there already

Please I am applying to the school, I will like to get some information about the required documents to submit to get an admission
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by nifnifemi: 10:42pm On Jun 26, 2021
https://www.qlifefamilyclinic.com

Follow the link and click on Canada screening and book your appointment.

Qlife response time is poor.

Soulz22:

How did you book it online? No website to fill a webform, I’ve sent emails to the email provided no reply yet and the numbers are not going through. I can’t just travel from port harcourt to Lagos without not knowing all that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teemenzo: 10:43pm On Jun 26, 2021
Pls i am a nivice here too. How can i locate his moniker. I have been putting his username in the search engine but not successful.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by nifnifemi: 10:44pm On Jun 26, 2021
Check the previous thread and click on his name and follow up.

Teemenzo:
Pls i am a nivice here too. How can i locate his moniker. I have been putting his username in the search engine but not successful.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teemenzo: 10:50pm On Jun 26, 2021
nifnifemi:
Check the previous thread and click on his name and follow up.

Found him, thank you i appreciate. Hopefully he replies soon
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Amenmay: 10:52pm On Jun 26, 2021
Please ooo I have some questions. I came on this platform after my agent had submitted my application. After reading about other people’s PPR post and documents submitted I discovered some things. In my SOP I stated that I’m doing unpaid internship with a valuation and Estate management company. Meanwhile, the agent asked for my pay slip and my personal account statement but I told him that where I’m working the dnt pay me and a letter was giving to me by the company stated that I’m doing unpaid internship with them and after completion of my course I will return back to them to land a full employment in there company that they will pay all expenses and the company bank statement was giving to me and I did not submit my personal account statement as money inside it is not up to 400k. Please is there anything wrong with this?? I did Affidavit for Sponsorship..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Carebeyondcure: 11:13pm On Jun 26, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 11:22pm On Jun 26, 2021
TheDarkGamer:

Thank you so much. I understand a lot of things now. So, my checklist says request for medicals. Am I to wait for them to issue to tell me to go for the medical or do I go on my own to Lagos/Abuja?
That is, after filling the medical form.

Also, do I check for updates by logging into my account in the IRCC website regularly? Or emails will be sent to me (Haven't received any yet)?

Also, what happens if my study permit/visa is issued after school is in session, can I still go?
Have you applied already?

For medicals, visit the link below to book appointment in Lagos or Abuja

https://mymedical.iom.int/apps/omas/#_frmHome

You will get notification email for important updates.

Lastly you will defer your admission. IRCC will request for an updated letter of acceptance if they intend to approve your application. You can also upload a new letter via webform without waiting for their request.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RxOtunba: 11:24pm On Jun 26, 2021
Spectro is very well, I had a whatsapp conversation with him earlier today.
SweetJJ:
Dear Spectro, how are you holding up? Anyone knows what's up about Spectro? Has he received his GCMS note? Has he reapplied?

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankrobbn1: 11:28pm On Jun 26, 2021
Carebeyondcure:
Please can someone pay for my tuition fee from canada but the person is not my sponsor and will the payment still require my passport because I don't have it yet

Anyone can pay your tuition fees in Canada. By the way, how were you able to secure admission in Canada without International Passport? Please verify the authenticity of your acceptance before sending money to anyone.

It will end in praise

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankrobbn1: 11:32pm On Jun 26, 2021
Pinkey2021:
IT IS PPR MY PEOPLE!!! WHERE ARE MY FELLOW MARCH FOLKS??!!!

GOD IS TOO MUCH.

PLEASE NOTE: VERY VERY VERY LONG POST!!!

This journey started last year (click on my moniker to read my first post on thread 18 to get an idea of what I’m talking about).

CANADA HAS BEEN A BIG DREAM OF MINE. I’VE BEEN ALMOST EVERYWHERE BUT CANADA (LOL).

I PRAYED THIS APPROVAL INTO EXISTENCE. I FASTED, KEPT DOING MIDNIGHT PRAYERS AND JOINED NSPPD PRAYER ALTAR WITH PASTOR JERRY EZE DAILY, BECAUSE THERE’S A HUGE POTENTIAL BUSINESS/CAREER OPPORTUNITY I’M HOPING TO EXPLORE IN CANADA AFTER MY STUDIES AND THIS ROUTE IS THE BEST WAY I KNOW TO ACHIEVE IT. THROUGH THIS ROUTE I’LL BE KILLING THE PROVERBIAL TWO BIRDS WITH ONE STONE, (THAT IS GETTING A CANADIAN QUALIFICATION WHICH WILL AID A GREAT DEAL WITH THIS PARTICULAR OPPORTUNITY). AND TODAY GOD DID IT!!!

This was a Self Sponsorship Application

SECTION ONE
MAIN DOCUMENTS
➡️All Required Immigration Forms:
imm1294e (Application for Study Permit Made Outside Canada)
imm5257b (Application for Temporary Residence)
imm5645e (Family Information Form)

REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:
➡️ TABLE OF CONTENTS
➡️Letters of Acceptance — Old and New (After refusal last year I deferred from Fall 2020 to Fall 2021.
PROOF OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT
➡️CSCS Stock/Share statement showing current value exceeding N5M

➡️Reference letter from my Stock broker

➡️myBankStatement certificate & password showing sufficient funds for my living expenses, my flight ticket and other miscellaneous expenses throughout the duration of my stay in Canada

➡️Bank Reference Letter

➡️Proof of Rental Income (Lease agreements & rent receipts of 6 of our fully rented properties) as additional sources and proof of funds.

➡️DLI Invoice and Full 1yr Tuition Receipt

➡️Business CAC certificate of Incorporation

➡️Tax certificate

➡️Company business card

➡️Business Investment Receipts, Invoices, and Import Duties

➡️Notarized certificate of Net worth of our immovable investments with their current value totaling over N350M✔️

SECTION TWO
CLIENT INFORMATION SECTION
➡️Statement of Purpose/Explanation
➡️Degrees and Transcripts
➡️Husband’s letter of Consent

HOME TIES & FAMILY
➡️Marriage certificate
➡️Husband and Children’s Passports
➡️Pictures with my Family—husband and children

HOME & ECONOMIC TIES
➡️Deeds of Assignment, Conveyance, and Property Management Agreement of three of our properties
➡️Pension Certificate
➡️Pictures of my business premises
➡️Husband’s business CAC registration
➡️Car papers for three of our vehicles

HOME & PROFESSIONAL TIES
➡️CV
➡️Current Contract with a global establishment
➡️Letter of Introduction and Recommendation from former bosses and business associates
➡️Pictures with business associates on business trips abroad
➡️Past employment: Employment Offer, Confirmation, Letter of Increase & Resignation Letters

TRAVEL HISTORY
➡️Old International passports showing Visas & several stamps of entry and exit to several countries including USA, Europe, etc

Application Timeline:

Application Submitted: 4th March, 2021

Biometrics Done: on 25th September, 2020 (yet to be updated on my GC Key account/portal).

Background Check: commenced 5th March, 2021

Upfront Medical: 25th February, 2021 (submitted with my application on 4th Mar. But was only updated on 16th June same day after I resent it)

Ordered GCMS Notes: May 25th

Received GCMS Notes: June 24th (nothing much was in it). Was contemplating sending another one next week.

Eligibility Review: commenced 24th June

BVL/PPR: June 26

Going for a 1yr PG certificate.

This was a 2nd Application. First application I did not include any of the above documents. I was a complete novice. (Lol). I didn’t even include my Tuition receipt or CAC or property docs, nothing at all, just my LOA, qualifications and passport that’s all.

But thank God for Nairaland where I learned everything I needed to know for a successful application (especially, as a self-sponsored applicant).

Also, since I didn’t include vital docs in my last application, I decided to overload them with documents this time around grin grin

I keyed in to @justexcellent testimony of his approval and wrote out the same prayer points he used while I fasted earlier this year.

God bless you all richly and establish us in our quests for destiny fulfillment. A big thank you goes out to @frankrobbn, @justmellow, @justexcellent (for that wonderful and inspiring testimony), @lekiboboe for your tireless constant help here, and of course to everyone new and old who has contributed to the success of this thread thereby helping fulfill destinies. God bless and reward you all abundantly in Jesus Mighty name.

End Note: my love letter arrived while I was praying this morning by 4am. Didn’t realize it until I checked by 12noon thereabout.

Didn’t know they send PPRs on Saturdays!!!

INDEED WHAT GOD CANNOT DO DOES NOT EXIST.

Congratulations on the approval of your study permit. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other group members. I'm glad to have been part of your success story, I wish you nothing but success!

It will end in praise

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teemenzo: 11:34pm On Jun 26, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

Anyone can pay your tuition fees in Canada. By the way, how were you able to secure admission in Canada without International Passport? Please verify the authenticity of your acceptance before sending money to anyone.

It will end in praise

Hello frank. Pls i need to discuss with you on the issue of pof. This is my email ade01tokun@gmail.com. thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RxOtunba: 11:35pm On Jun 26, 2021
Oh! Good to hear that.....Congratulations on your approval bro!
Teetoms:

Hi,
Mine has ended in praise.
I finally got it sometime last week since I applied in December 2020.
I’m sure you will get positive news soon.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankrobbn1: 11:35pm On Jun 26, 2021
Teemenzo:
Abeg guys help me with frankrbben's number. I was told he knows about this proof of fund very well. Thank you all.

How may I be of assistance to you? I can confirm the receipt of your email, I will respond to your concerns shortly.

It will end in praise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ivygive: 11:36pm On Jun 26, 2021
Please does this mean I have to resubmit all my documents again?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankrobbn1: 11:36pm On Jun 26, 2021
HorlarJP:
I am applying for the Canada study visa but this time outside of Nigeria , do I need to pay for the biometrics again or just the application fee and visa fee.

Since you've done biometrics in your previous application, you don't need to pay for a new one. The biometrics is valid for a decade for any temporary Resident application to Canada.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankrobbn1: 11:38pm On Jun 26, 2021
Ivygive:
Please does this mean I have to resubmit all my documents again?

The IRCC agent confirmed that the information you submitted differs from what they have on their database. Kindly recheck the details and resubmit another enquiry, so they can assist you better with an update on your file.

It will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teemenzo: 11:39pm On Jun 26, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

How may I be of assistance to you? I can confirm the receipt of your email, I will respond to your concerns shortly.

It will end in praise

Amen, we can discuss that privately but its not big issue for God and you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankrobbn1: 11:41pm On Jun 26, 2021
Foski01:
Hi guys...

I salute!!

Gurus, having gotten passport request, what part of this form should I sign ...

Help! Help!

Congratulations on the receipt of a passport request (PPR). Please note you're required to fill ONLY the page 2 of the consent form. It should be printed two (2) copies with other supporting documents (biometrics slip, transmission fee, plain paper with details of your name, address, phone number)

It will end in praise

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankrobbn1: 11:44pm On Jun 26, 2021
justjify:
Hello Fellow Plan B colleagues.
Please I have a question, I have been seeing Online Application submission. Please, is it application to your school or what?
Pardon this question. Person wey ask question no de miss road.

What they meant by "Online Application Submission" is the medium through which they submitted their study permit application (i.e online route).

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankrobbn1: 11:46pm On Jun 26, 2021
lolathegenie:
Good morning people, please i have a question how do people upload information like IELTS, upfront medical proof, statement of purpose, proof of employment along with their application?
I don't see the option to upload all that. Or do you just merge all of them together and submit it under the Client Information section of the application?
I just need to clarify. Thanks

This question has been answered by me far back in 2018 on this platform. Please check this link DETAILED LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR STUDY VISA AND THEIR APPROPRIATE CATEGORIES FOR UPLOAD

It will end in praise

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankrobbn1: 11:49pm On Jun 26, 2021
Jonjohnson:
Please, I am confussed, Can I get masters admission with CGPA of 3.48/5 ( B. Sc Economics) though it's a 2:2

You can secure a Master's with your grade for an MBA program, however, your personal statement must be demonstrate that you're a deserving student for this program and would graduate top of class if granted admission.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankrobbn1: 11:52pm On Jun 26, 2021
Lekiboboe:
Good evening Honorables, trust you are doing great.

I want make an enquiry for a PHD holder who wants to come to Canada for his PostDoc.

Is PostDoc a Job or just like a Research Graduate program one can use the admission letter to apply for Study Visa

Any further enlightenment would be appreciated

Thanks

A postdoc (or "post-doc," "postdoctoral," or "postdoctoral research) fellowship is a training-focused position available to people who have earned a doctorate. Postdoc positions usually act as a stepping-stone between the student experience and the full-time professional experience. Most positions are two to three years and some can be extended. In a nutshell "it is a training and the fellow will be paid during the entire duration of the program"

It will end in praise

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankrobbn1: 11:56pm On Jun 26, 2021
nairaandaed:
Pls guys i need urgent advice, i just got my transcript from school and noticed so many errors, my date of birth which is 24 july 1992 was written as 25 july 1992, also my cgpa on the transcript is second class lower while my degree certificate is carrying second class upper, i was about applying for admision when i noticed al these, wil this be an issue, what do u guys think, and am not even in nigeria now to be able to go back to school and complain, can i go ahead and apply with the transcrip like that, am tinking of swearing affidavit for the date of birth issue. Any advice pls

Some colleges might accept such discrepancies in your grade and Date of birth. However, the Canadian immigration authorities may flag your application for misrepresentation thus unavoidably leading to a Five (5) year ban. I will advice you make contact with the exams and records of your school to know how these mistakes on your degree certificate and transcripts can be corrected before you apply for your visa.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thane(m): 11:57pm On Jun 26, 2021
Lekiboboe:

The minimum requirements for Masters in Canada is 2.1. Though Canada are most time after your last two years Grade (400 & 500Level). If you have a good GPA/CGPA in your Last two years like 75% upward. You might be considered. Interestingly there are some 2.2 graduates on this forum who got Masters Admission into Canadian Universities.

If you are looking for a Research-Based Public Health Masters degree against 2022, i would suggest you take your time & try the method in the link below. It has worked for many
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/175#102878887

See the link below for Canadian Universities offering Masters degree in Public Health (Over 15 Masters program in Public Health)
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Public+health&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

Await more response from other members of this platform

Thanks very much boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by olasubomy: 11:58pm On Jun 26, 2021
Spectro:

Thank you so so much (May God's abundant blessings locate you). I'm quite well. I should have reapplied a lot earlier, but I am waiting for tuition fee debit in my account. GCMS note will come in first week of July, but that's not much problem.

I intend to make a very water-tight application this time, and I don't want to leave any stone unturned, which is why getting my tuition payment receipt is quite imperative. By the special grace of God, I should be able to apply either next week or the first week of July.

I am very happy about the PPR showers these past few weeks. I pray for more rain of PPR in the coming weeks.

i like your positive spirit. i am sure you will get it this time.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankrobbn1: 12:00am On Jun 27, 2021
Sonsynas:
Hi guys..please for someone that has a background in governance. Done with Msc international relations.

Do you guys think that public policy analysis or peace and conflict studies will fly for second masters in Canada?

What is your current employment status (job title), you should apply for a program that is directly relevant with your job in Nigeria.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 12:00am On Jun 27, 2021
Amenmay:
Please ooo I have some questions. I came on this platform after my agent had submitted my application. After reading about other people’s PPR post and documents submitted I discovered some things. In my SOP I stated that I’m doing unpaid internship with a valuation and Estate management company. Meanwhile, the agent asked for my pay slip and my personal account statement but I told him that where I’m working the dnt pay me and a letter was giving to me by the company stated that I’m doing unpaid internship with them and after completion of my course I will return back to them to land a full employment in there company that they will pay all expenses and the company bank statement was giving to me and I did not submit my personal account statement as money inside it is not up to 400k. Please is there anything wrong with this?? I did Affidavit for Sponsorship..
Well, you must submit your personal Bank Statement. Don't give them reason to deny you based on not being established in your home country.
Also, did you explain well to Visa Officers to believe that someone who doesn't pay you for work you did, will pay your tuition fee worth millions?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Shenaniganzzz: 12:04am On Jun 27, 2021
Soulz22:

Go to Qlifefamilyclinic add the dot com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by justjify(m): 12:45am On Jun 27, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

What they meant by "Online Application Submission" is the medium through which they submitted their study permit application (i.e online route).

It will end in praise
Thanks bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.