Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,169 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (248) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (688197 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Olutoke86(f): 9:42am On Jun 29, 2021
EmeeNaka:
oh boy! We need to device a way to remind IRCC to look into our files o. We need to rejoice like others.

April 13th applicant sef Dey here ooooo....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 9:48am On Jun 29, 2021
Awas:
i applied in February for a school in Nova Scotia. My bio metrics has been updated , i did an upfront medicals and later on included it. End of May they requested for medicals and i sent it and since then i have not heard anything . please what can i do
You should order for your GCMS notes. That will help you find out what is happening behind the scene. For you to get Medical Request means that they have reached decision stage on your application.
Alternatively, you should send Webforms/emails to Nairobi like twice weekly and encourage them to give decision on your application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by olasubomy: 9:49am On Jun 29, 2021
blackedwin:
Good morning everyone, I need info on how to get CAD travelling next week.

I am not sure you can get Canadian dollars from any of the dealers in Nigeria, but you can get US dollars, then you deposit the US dollars in any of the Canadian banks of your choice when you get to Canada. The equivalent in Canadian dollars will reflect in your bank account, and the bankers here would be ready to clarify to you if you have any queries.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oyalfares: 9:50am On Jun 29, 2021
CONGRATULATIONS! FAITH WITH WORKS = MIRACLES
Really appreciate @Frankrobbn1 for this one.
My children just got admitted into MUN for undergraduate studies Fall 2021/2022,.
Need all the advice I can get. 2 years earlier they were denied alongside with me. They did not have admission then.
I need to know before starting the application whether they should apply together as family or separate application.
And I personally I am not applying, just the two of them.

[quote author=Piecoco post=103178403]Greetings my fellow Nairalanders!

WHAT GOD CAN NOT DO, DOES NOT EXIST.

LONG POST ALERT!!

This is my 5th application o!Indeed what God cannot do does not exist. Below are the details of my application.

Application submitted - February 16, 2021.

Request Letter (NSE) - February 25, 2021.

Responded to NSE request by writing an LOE stating that I don't require proof of English Proficiency (IELTS) and that MUN have duly accessed my level of English Proficiency based on my previous academic background. This letter was written by @Frankrobbn1 and submitted the next day.

BVL and PPR - came in simultaneously by 6:00am June 28, 2021.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Freebands01: 9:50am On Jun 29, 2021
Awas:
i applied in February for a school in Nova Scotia. My bio metrics has been updated , i did an upfront medicals and later on included it. End of May they requested for medicals and i sent it and since then i have not heard anything . please what can i do
Did your medicals got updated to pass? If no, kindly send them the e-medical slip you got when you went for medicals via webform so they can update it for you. Congrats on your PPR soon
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Freebands01: 9:53am On Jun 29, 2021
blackedwin:

Change the funds to USD, travel with USD then when you get to Canada you can change to Canadian dollars or go to the bank to open an account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ehiremen2002: 10:07am On Jun 29, 2021
blackedwin:

How much are you looking at. I have contact that can help. But this is done via whatsapp group.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 29, 2021
Please house I am trying to get my GIC but I don’t know how to go about it, can anyone help me ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 10:15am On Jun 29, 2021
mamatee2:
Dear gurus in the house,

Please I have a sister-friend who graduated with 2:2 in law in 2005/2006 but she's been working with Lagos State Internal Revenue since 2009 . She's currently an Account Officer there. Please what PG course can she go for?

Some of her job duties are listed below:
- Auditing of Companies Documents to enure they comply with the tax laws.
- Enlightenment and Educating Tax Payers on Tax Matters.
- Rendering Advice to Tax Payers on how to go about payment of their taxes

Thank you. I await your response.
Your sister should take her time to do a thorough research (google) on the following Post Graduate Certificate (PG. Cert)/Post Baccalaureate Diploma/Post Degree Diploma programs and check the Course outlines of each programs in order to see how it resonates with her Account Officer Work Experience & Job Duties, then she can select the one that suites her and apply. She shouldn't forget to check the Admission requirements, tuition amount for international students of each programs and other necessary details.

Professional Accounting
Fanshawe College of Applied Arts and Technology, London, ON

Accounting
Thompson Rivers University, Kamloops, BC

Professional Accounting
Sheridan College, Oakville, ON

Professional Accounting Practice
Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology, Toronto, ON

Fraud Examination and Forensic Accounting

Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning, Toronto, ON

Strategic Management – Accounting
Centennial College, Toronto, ON

Accounting
Okanagan College, Kelowna, BC

Accounting
Kwantlen Polytechnic University, Surrey, BC

Accounting
Langara College, Vancouver, BC

Accounting
Douglas College, New Westminster, BC

Accounting and Finance

Accounting Studies

Note: ON means ONTARIO, BC means British Columbia

If you want more information about the school, ask your questions on this platform there are Students and Alumni of the some of the above schools on this platform, they would be able to give you some base on experience response.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Freebands01: 10:22am On Jun 29, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

"YOUR ACTION IS REQUIRED" indicates that you've not transmitted the NSE response to IRCC for processing. Please transmit the document you've uploaded by electronically signing the application with your full name as written on your international passport.

It will end in praise

Hello Mr frank, I have a friend in this situation also. She couldn’t meet up with the NSE route. Please how does she sign electronically on her CIC portal?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OCT202020: 10:23am On Jun 29, 2021
mamatee2:
Dear gurus in the house,

Please I have a sister-friend who graduated with 2:2 in law in 2005/2006 but she's been working with Lagos State Internal Revenue since 2009 . She's currently an Account Officer there. Please what PG course can she go for?

With a 12 solid yrs of experience,I think
she stands a slim chance of getting admission for a master's program in an account related courses despite her 2:2 (..some schools though)
But to be on a safe side and not gambling, a Post Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma will do.
Our legendary honourable Leki will surely weigh in, once he's chanced.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 10:24am On Jun 29, 2021
doseofpeculiar:
Hi
1)Please what pgd course can my sister go for she graduated with a 2:2 in law in 2016 but currently works as an admin staff in her office for two years now?
2) For me I graduated with a 2:2 in Accounting in 2018 and currently working as a Finance intern for just few months now,what pgd course can I take
Thank you.
1) PG programs in Human Resources Management
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/244#103171762

2) PG programs in Financial Planning
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/237#103149320

PG programs in Accounting
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/247#103188415

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Freebands01: 10:24am On Jun 29, 2021
ManLikeB:
Please house I am trying to get my GIC but I don’t know how to go about it, can anyone help me ?

You mean you are trying to login but couldn’t? It states on the portal there is a system maintenance going on. Try again in 3hours and you good to go
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by TheDarkGamer: 10:26am On Jun 29, 2021
Please how can I pay the school fees of my Canadian University?

I was given a link to Western Union, but my bank told me that Nigerian banks no longer use Western Union. Is that true?

If it is, what other alternative can we use in paying?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RELAN2446(m): 10:28am On Jun 29, 2021
Awas:

Not yet.
Probably go for the medical again, probably in iom. Hope ur 30days ve no elapse?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ritzzybaron: 10:29am On Jun 29, 2021
She can go for a Human Resource Graduate Program. Many Law graduates tow the line of Human Resources and she currently works with tax payers and people. Tax, pension and insurance is an arm of HR.

She understands the law as it pertains to employee and people management, so in line with her current experience.... she can opt for a HR program and do justice to explaining why she is selecting the course, her goal and what she wants to achieve on her SOP.

All the best to her.

mamatee2:
Dear gurus in the house,

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OCT202020: 10:29am On Jun 29, 2021
Always on point, thanks for always coming through. Don't ever stop coming. grin

Lekiboboe:

Your sister should take her time to do a thorough research (google) on the following Post Graduate Certificate (PG. Cert)/Post Baccalaureate Diploma/Post Degree Diploma programs and check the Course outlines of each programs in order to see how it resonates with her Account Officer Work Experience & Job Duties, then she can select the one that suites her and apply. She shouldn't forget to check the Admission requirements, tuition amount for international students of each programs and other necessary details.

Professional Accounting

Accounting

Professional Accounting

Accounting

Accounting

Accounting

Accounting

Accounting and Finance

Accounting Studies

If you want more information about the school, ask your questions on this platform there are Students and Alumni of the some of the above schools on this platform, they would be able to give you some bases on experience response.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Mobi22: 10:33am On Jun 29, 2021
RELAN2446:

Probably go for the medical again, probably in iom. Hope ur 30days ve no elapse?

Go for medicals again?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mamatee2: 10:42am On Jun 29, 2021
Thank you very much for your response @Lekiboboe.
May God bless you abundantly.

Lekiboboe:

Professional Accounting

Accounting

Professional Accounting

Accounting

Accounting

Accounting

Accounting

Accounting and Finance

Accounting Studies

If you want more information about the school, ask your questions on this platform there are Students and Alumni of the some of the above schools on this platform, they would be able to give you some bases on experience response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RELAN2446(m): 10:43am On Jun 29, 2021
Mobi22:

Go for medicals again?
Watin e fit do, did my medical on 19th it was passed on 26, know three people that did it same time has passed medical. If they truly upload it, it will ve passed. The application might be cancel if the 30days given by ircc to do it elapse.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by boyemfic: 10:48am On Jun 29, 2021
Please where can I get Covid 19 vaccine in Lagos state
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by dotoracs: 10:50am On Jun 29, 2021
Yes, this is true. However, I intentionally ignored the NSE offer and it expired June 13, 2021. Till now it shill shows "Your action is required". But when I open it, it says "Not Applicable" under review of additional documents. It's quite confusing. Also, @frankrobbn1, if you don't mind, I will like to send my LOE for your kind review. Although, I have submitted my application, but should there be anything I can add. I'd just quickly update a web form. Many thanks in anticipation of your feedback.

Frankrobbn1:

"YOUR ACTION IS REQUIRED" indicates that you've not transmitted the NSE response to IRCC for processing. Please transmit the document you've uploaded by electronically signing the application with your full name as written on your international passport.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mamatee2: 10:59am On Jun 29, 2021
Thanks a lot @OCT202020. I appreciate your response.
Hon Lekiboboe has also responded. Always coming through for everyone.
May God bless you all.

OCT202020:

With a 12 solid yrs of experience,I think
she stands a slim chance of getting admission for a master's program in an account related courses despite her 2:2 (..some schools though)
But to be on a safe side and not gambling, a Post Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma will do.
Our legendary honourable Leki will surely weigh in, once he's chanced.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by doseofpeculiar: 11:01am On Jun 29, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mamatee2: 11:01am On Jun 29, 2021
Thank you very much. We will check this out too.
God bless you.

ritzzybaron:
She can go for a Human Resource Graduate Program. Many Law graduates tow the line of Human Resources and she currently works with tax payers and people. Tax, pension and insurance is an arm of HR.

She understands the law as it pertains to employee and people management, so in line with her current experience.... she can opt for a HR program and do justice to explaining why she is selecting the course, her goal and what she wants to achieve on her SOP.

All the best to her.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ODUNESKI: 11:04am On Jun 29, 2021
I'm stuck in this situation as well, profile has been reading "your action is required" for a while, do I need to upload a document for ignoring the NSE request??

dotoracs:
Yes, this is true. However, I intentionally ignored the NSE offer and it expired June 13, 2021. Till now it shill shows "Your action is required". But when I open it, it says "Not Applicable" under review of additional documents. It's quite confusing. Also, @frankrobbn1, if you don't mind, I will like to send my LOE for your kind review. Although, I have submitted my application, but should there be anything I can add. I'd just quickly update a web form. Many thanks in anticipation of your feedback.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ac7619710: 11:07am On Jun 29, 2021
TheDarkGamer:
Please how can I pay the school fees of my Canadian University?

I was given a link to Western Union, but my bank told me that Nigerian banks no longer use Western Union. Is that true?

If it is, what other alternative can we use in paying?

Thank you.

Depending on the payment options your school accepted. Which school is that?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 11:07am On Jun 29, 2021
For those that want to share hotel room for quarantine,this is the rule below. Also, there are many approved hotels and they have different rates. There are some that charges about $120 per night. So I believe it's affordable to most people

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ac7619710: 11:09am On Jun 29, 2021
Noted
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 11:11am On Jun 29, 2021
ODUNESKI:
I'm stuck in this situation as well, profile has been reading "your action is required" for a while, do I need to upload a document for ignoring the NSE request??

you're meant to upload a Letter of Explanation why you couldn't upload the documents. it's not compulsory but if you have done it that way, that 'Your Action is Required' wouldn't be there but they will eventually process your application the normal route
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by DrAFOguns: 11:13am On Jun 29, 2021
Since they both got admission, they should apply separately
Oyalfares:
CONGRATULATIONS! FAITH WITH WORKS = MIRACLES
Really appreciate @Frankrobbn1 for this one.
My children just got admitted into MUN for undergraduate studies Fall 2021/2022,.
Need all the advice I can get. 2 years earlier they were denied alongside with me. They did not have admission then.
I need to know before starting the application whether they should apply together as family or separate application.
And I personally I am not applying, just the two of them.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ODUNESKI: 11:15am On Jun 29, 2021
Ohh, I never knew this. Thank you so much.
Any Idea where I can find a sample letter or template I can use?

EmeeNaka:
you're meant to upload a Letter of Explanation why you couldn't upload the documents. it's not compulsory but if you have done it that way, that 'Your Action is Required' wouldn't be there but they will eventually process your application the normal route

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.