Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,172 members, 7,815,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (245) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (688189 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 5:41pm On Jun 28, 2021
kemkemdiva:
Hello every one!!! Am new here and would want to know how i can start am looking at January 2022.
I have education gap of almost 13 years , did Bsc marketing turned 40 june 11th, i want to get a diploma in a college .i have been working 3 years in the bank and almost 9 years as an administrative assistant in a private firm .i tried to do my masters online (strategic supply chain managment online ) in uk around 2016 but was able to just do one semester cos of health issues and i did not countinue again.am cut in the line of doing same again cos as an administrative assistant in my office i still work as the procurement oficer .but on a second note am looking at (office administration Record and information management ) in college of north Atlantic Newfoundland and labrador. That is were i have seen the course .pls i need help and school options about the course of study. And study application guidelines. I will really appreciate. And congratulations to all who received their PPR.��
If I get you right , you are an Administrative Assistant, with 9 years working experience.

Why not go for a PG. Cert in Human Resources Management (HRM) cos HR & Administrative Assistant (AA) have some things in Common.

See the link for some enlightenment

https://www.talentlyft.com/en/resources/hr-administrative-assistant-job-description#:~:text=Human%20Resources%20(HR)%20Administrative%20Assistants,and%20training%20of%20new%20employees.

If you feel a PG.Cert (Post Graduate Certificate) in HRM suites you and aligns with your AA Job & Job Duties

See the link below for

PG. Cert in HRM (human resources Mgt.) & Colleges Offering them
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/440#95313925

Await more opinions & contributions from the gurus and other honorable members on this forum

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RxOtunba: 5:48pm On Jun 28, 2021
-I hope the program is not an undergraduate program.

- In ur sop, did u explain where u got ur 15m, with evidence to show it's genuine?

- U dnt really need ur broda in law.

- I believe a data science program would have been beta, I just hope u declared ur previous employement(s) in the IMM forms.

-I'll advise u re-apply with admission from another program and/or school. Refund solely depends on the school's admission policy, but many schools refund on receipt of a visa refusal. Kindly mail your school to find out
yeankux:
GOOD DAY TO ALL

DEAR GURUS IN THE HOUSE

i have come here naked to seek for your help , please assist me with all the advise you can, i am in need of your experience and expertise , i am about to regret that i should have given my application to an agent , but this group has motivated me that i can do it myself
please do not forsake me

attached is my refusal note as a first time applicant and i have many question to ask to pass my next application

BRIEF BACKGROUND
i am 35 years ,i have HND in microbiology upper credit in 2010 and since then i have been working in a telecom company as a digital platform analyst, i have over 7 years working experience as a DATA ANALYST, during the pandemic work stop so i decided go for my masters unfortunately canada does not give masters to HND so i got admission for advanced BIOTECNOLOGY at centennial college,

FUNDS
I have a fixed deposit of 15 million naira from my inheritance untouched so i decide to use it for my self sponsor for the program and added my hubby and BIL as co-sponsor

here is my question
EDUCATION /CAREER ADVANCEMENT
1.is the advanced Biotechnology course offered not related as career advancement, if yes should i change my course to something related to DATA ANALYST
2.will my school refund my deposit fee and allow me change course. or apply in another school afresh
3,will it not raise another red flag by the visa officer

FUND

1 should i pay upfront for my 1st year tuition fee in my next application
2- what should i do with the funds in my fixed deposit to show that i can fund this myself, do i convert to savings or it doesn't matter
3, do i need to still add my hubby and brother inlaw as co-sponsor

please try say coitized me nicely as am already in a bad mood

thank you for your continuous support

@ everygurus

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Iffylove: 6:28pm On Jun 28, 2021
Okay, thank you very much
Anon123:

ONE OF THE FORMS ALLOWS YOU TO TYPE ON IT(SECTION FOR SIGNATURE), WRITE YOUR FULL NAME AS IT APPEARS ON YOUR PASSPORT. THE OTHER FORM THATS NOT EDICT-ABLE ON THE SIGNATURE SECTION, LEAVE BLANK AND VALIDATE BEFORE SAVING
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by nikejane: 6:32pm On Jun 28, 2021
[quote author=goldee29 post=103159244]Please order your GCMS notes to get an insight into what led to the final decision stated below.

Once you are able to ascertain the reason, this would be addressed appropriately in your SOP when re-applying.

Okay. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jonjohnson: 6:46pm On Jun 28, 2021
lawfree638:

Wow!!! I'm so sorry. This could have avoided with a strong SOP.

IELTS or GRE/GMAT is a function of the course you are applying for and the school. For instance, MBA needs GMAT/GRE.

As regards, your next application IELTS can help in fast-tracking your application via NSE.

For your GCMS note, you will definitely get a suitable response in the course of the day.

Again, I'm sincerely sorry, Ma. Let's refire and definitely, it will end in praise.

How many years of work experience is required for MBA, Can I apply with zero post nysc work experience?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 6:48pm On Jun 28, 2021
AbionaT:

@ Anon123 thank you for helping out.
I have done everything, I have sent to ircc webform but I can't find Nairobi webform site.
They sent me an email this morning that my application is under active review, and i remembered that I left my statement of account out upon submission in March, so I want to send it.
Pls help with the Nairobi webform site sir.

There is no webform specifically for Nairobi. The way webform works is, you can choose any office London, lagos, Nairobi , China etc. Doesnt really matter as long as you include your application number and your UCI number. It will be sent to the office handling your app. But am sure when choosing office, Nairobi should be there
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by DamilareOla: 7:04pm On Jun 28, 2021
Thank you Chief. It worked.

shupy:

Flywire has an option called international transfer or something like that. That's where the payment instruction for using form a is.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by DamilareOla: 7:05pm On Jun 28, 2021
Grateful boss. Thank you.

RxOtunba:
If the school uses Flywire...Generate the Flywire invoice, and what you choose is the USD payment. U take the Flywire invoice to the bank for Form A. I'm nt goin to that school but that's how it works generally.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Genyc: 7:19pm On Jun 28, 2021
Thanks so much Buckyfof for sharing, I’m so sorry to read of this delay, and I know for sure that your next trial will be a success.
God bless you

buckyfof:
I just got refused guys, and I’m proud to put it out here so others can learn
I submitted through an agent but it was later I found out about nairaland and I knew I was suppose to do it on my own. I was rejected based on just purpose of visit as i knew my chances were low when I came to nairaland to find out that going for a 2nd degree and getting a decision has a very slim chance. I’m I happy I learnt that too.
I submitted the account of my uncle as we bear the same surname and it had an inflow and outflow of almost 300m in 4 months alone and a sitting balance of 20m. Most of you are also aware that I just lost my dad and my uncle has been stepping up for me for a lot of things
My uncle also owns the company where I work part time and I also submitted the cac, employment letters and bank statement of the company of almost 250m in inflows and outflow.
I can tell that the course was the major problem, as I wrote my SOP myself with the agent making one or two corrections

Please guys, I had a 2:1 in accounting with a CGPA of 3.63 in 2018. Which university can the gurus recommend to go for masters. And which course will best fit my bsc. I will try and re apply again but I need the assistance of
Lekkiboboe
Frank Robbn
Just mellow and all the amiable members

Do I need IELTS for masters or gre. Or just my bsc and English proficiency letter is enough??

How do I get the complete gcms note to check all the information filled by my agent and how do I order for it. Thank you guys
You guys are wonderful and to those waiting for PPR. May Almighty God grant it to you

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jeff5gold: 7:41pm On Jun 28, 2021
yeankux:
GOOD DAY TO ALL

DEAR GURUS IN THE HOUSE

i have come here naked to seek for your help , please assist me with all the advise you can, i am in need of your experience and expertise , i am about to regret that i should have given my application to an agent , but this group has motivated me that i can do it myself
please do not forsake me

attached is my refusal note as a first time applicant and i have many question to ask to pass my next application

BRIEF BACKGROUND
i am 35 years ,i have HND in microbiology upper credit in 2010 and since then i have been working in a telecom company as a digital platform analyst, i have over 7 years working experience as a DATA ANALYST, during the pandemic work stop so i decided go for my masters unfortunately canada does not give masters to HND so i got admission for advanced BIOTECNOLOGY at centennial college,

FUNDS
I have a fixed deposit of 15 million naira from my inheritance untouched so i decide to use it for my self sponsor for the program and added my hubby and BIL as co-sponsor

here is my question
EDUCATION /CAREER ADVANCEMENT
1.is the advanced Biotechnology course offered not related as career advancement, if yes should i change my course to something related to DATA ANALYST
2.will my school refund my deposit fee and allow me change course. or apply in another school afresh
3,will it not raise another red flag by the visa officer

FUND

1 should i pay upfront for my 1st year tuition fee in my next application
2- what should i do with the funds in my fixed deposit to show that i can fund this myself, do i convert to savings or it doesn't matter
3, do i need to still add my hubby and brother inlaw as co-sponsor

please try say coitized me nicely as am already in a bad mood

thank you for your continuous support

@ everygurus

You should choose Environmental protection technology.....it’s inline with microbiology
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RollyA(f): 7:53pm On Jun 28, 2021
My secondary office is also London

Teenie19:
Anyone?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RollyA(f): 7:57pm On Jun 28, 2021
Finally got my notes, nothing in there, pre-assessment notes blank, eligibility blank. Medicals and background passed only. Really disappointing, even after my eligibility has been on review on my portal since like 2 weeks after applying. what can I do? We continue praying

EmeeNaka:
wow! Abeg when the note arrive, I will like to see what's in there.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Olaa123: 8:06pm On Jun 28, 2021
RollyA:
Finally got my notes, nothing in there, pre-assessment notes blank, eligibility blank. Medicals and background passed only. Really disappointing, even after my eligibility has been on review on my portal since like 2 weeks after applying. what can I do? We continue praying

When did you submit your application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 8:06pm On Jun 28, 2021
RollyA:

hmm!
Well, may God help us
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Babl: 8:08pm On Jun 28, 2021
@Leyemoshood post=103171304]

i applied in February 26th, 2021, put in my application for NSE route but apparently it still took over 3months to process. PPR came through June 10th, 2021.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by AbionaT(f): 8:09pm On Jun 28, 2021
Anon123:

There is no webform specifically for Nairobi. The way webform works is, you can choose any office London, lagos, Nairobi , China etc. Doesnt really matter as long as you include your application number and your UCI number. It will be sent to the office handling your app. But am sure when choosing office, Nairobi should be there
Thanks so much, I was able to do it this evening, God bless you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 8:11pm On Jun 28, 2021
orlarjydey:
[I currently work as a receptionist [color=#006600][/color]
Ok,

I actually don't know of any PG course you can go for as a receptionist.

Am thinking a PG.Cert in H.R.M might go with your Job, but not sure of this**

Another option is a sociology related PG. program

Await a response from the house for suggestions

quote author=Lekiboboe post=102948091]
Graduating in 2015 shows you have a 6-years Educational Gap. It's advisable you go for a Program that relates to your Work experience, unfortunately, I don't know a PG. Cert program program you can go for as a Former Teacher, but I feel you can consider going for Program that is related to the Job Position you are presently holding at the hotel and your Job Duties.

That being said,

What is name of your Job/Job position in that hotel?

What are your Job Duties?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Babl: 8:13pm On Jun 28, 2021
@Omankem8 post=103171408]

Thank you so much for your response. You have been really helpful
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SuomyNona: 8:20pm On Jun 28, 2021
Saw this somewhere. Let's take note of this... It miight affect some airlines, but it is better to be on the lookout...

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 8:24pm On Jun 28, 2021
Wow sorry about that! I feel the London office is really slow. This was the same thing in my note as well. I’m expecting another one July 8.

RollyA:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by BaaleOfOntario: 8:30pm On Jun 28, 2021
Good day everyone. My gcms note just landed this evening. I seem not to understand it. Pls see attached file.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Sapte(f): 8:33pm On Jun 28, 2021
Check the last page for your notes

BaaleOfOntario:
Good day everyone. My gcms note just landed this evening. I seem not to understand it. Pls see attached file.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Chinnychappy: 8:33pm On Jun 28, 2021
Hi Kelvine95,

Sent you a mail please.
kelvine95:

I don’t know if these errors on the picture are typographical errors or as a result of bad spelling. I wonder if you guys bother to vet these agents before giving them your application to work on.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by BaaleOfOntario: 8:35pm On Jun 28, 2021
I've checked it, no comment there
Sapte:
Check the last page for your notes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 8:35pm On Jun 28, 2021
may99:

I don’t think a lot of May ppl have gotten updates. IRCC is still addressing February, March, and April applications.

Though I’ve seen some May applicants get PPR but they are usually reapplications, not first timers. I believe in July, they will also attend to May applicants that met the May 15 deadline.

I envision a rain of PPR in July and early August

May have started o. No Jokes!

I saw two updates yesterday and one today.

2 refusal and 1 approval.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by kemkemdiva: 8:37pm On Jun 28, 2021
@lekiboboe thanks you so much!!! I really appreciate your help i will work on this and get into action!!! My transcript is coming in next week so i will start application.

uote author=Lekiboboe post=103171762]
If I get you right , you are an Administrative Assistant, with 9 years working experience.

Why not go for a PG. Cert in Human Resources Management (HRM) cos HR & Administrative Assistant (AA) have some things in Common.

See the link for some enlightenment

https://www.talentlyft.com/en/resources/hr-administrative-assistant-job-description#:~:text=Human%20Resources%20(HR)%20Administrative%20Assistants,and%20training%20of%20new%20employees.

If you feel a PG.Cert (Post Graduate Certificate) in HRM suites you and aligns with your AA Job & Job Duties

See the link below for

PG. Cert in HRM (human resources Mgt.) & Colleges Offering them
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/440#95313925

Await more opinions & contributions from the gurus and other honorable members on this forum[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by boyemfic: 8:38pm On Jun 28, 2021
BaaleOfOntario:

The only thing I can see understandable here is request for medical exam
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 8:42pm On Jun 28, 2021
BaaleOfOntario:
Everything here seem like the documents you submitted. Including the Medical Request which you seem to have supplied
Where are the Assessment notes?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by BaaleOfOntario: 8:44pm On Jun 28, 2021
Thanks for your response. Do you see any sign of positivity on what you see in that note?
boyemfic:

The only thing I can see understandable here is request for medical exam
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RollyA(f): 8:45pm On Jun 28, 2021
April 17

Olaa123:

When did you submit your application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by BaaleOfOntario: 8:47pm On Jun 28, 2021
There's no assessment note by the VO, I haven't done medical
EmeeNaka:
Everything here seem like the documents you submitted. Including the Medical Request which you seem to have supplied
Where are the Assessment notes?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 8:48pm On Jun 28, 2021
You are getting a PPR jhr , a whole baale can't be denied .. Don't break grin
BaaleOfOntario:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.