Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,434 members, 7,826,678 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (279) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (694575 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by badmanjo(m): 7:11am On Jul 02, 2021
Please are you to resume this September Fall 2021?

Lianna2020:
grin grin
Yes o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OLUWABORI2000: 7:38am On Jul 02, 2021
Bhooomie:
Almighty God has done it for me!!! It's PPR!!!

Second time applicant. Applied May 31st and got PPR 30th June.

To think I was smiling all through yesterday while reading people's PPR testimonies not knowing mine already dropped.

Thank you Jesus. I will be back with full details.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OLUWABORI2000: 7:39am On Jul 02, 2021
[quote author=OLUWABORI2000 post=103281472][/quote]

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 02, 2021
Bhooomie:

To think I was smiling all through yesterday while reading people's PPR testimonies not knowing mine already dropped.

wow.Godspeed.congrats dear.may Canada favour u

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 7:44am On Jul 02, 2021
mrnatural:
Hi guys, great stuff and eye-opening information out here.. I must commend everyone for helping people actualise their dreams.

I recently started following this thread when I truly got fed up of this country and I just wanna by every legitimate means.
Firstly of all I decide to go through the route of an agent because it was gonna be pretty much easy since I’m a novice when it comes to migration. Long and short, I contacted an agent I met via Instagram. And then he promise he’s gonna get admission for an undergraduate study and subsequently get a study-work visa for me which I’ll pay him In batches after getting the admission 1st and 2ndly and securing the study-work visa to Canada.

We’ve actually started with the process, which the school is yet to issue the admission, but then I feel I have enough information at hand to go with the process since almost everyone here is doing it without an agent.

The little challenge I have now Is, he already stated the process (which is still at the early stage, at least I haven’t gotten the admission). How do I hijack it from it?
Secondly, I’m 36yrs old now but never had a undergraduate degree (Bsc) before. Will my age hamper my chances of getting the visa ?
Or better still, I use my wife to apply for a masters degree since she has a Bsc?.

Please gurus in the house help me out cos I want to start this process almost immediately.

Thank you all and apologies for the long write up.
my personal opinion is use ur wife. I dont think they will believe u dont have a BSC at that age.wen she gets there, she can apply for SOWP 4 u.but it means u must have skills to even find a work ooo.what skills do u have sir

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OLUWABORI2000: 7:45am On Jul 02, 2021
amr12:

Alhamdulilah

Applied: March 7th 2021 (Masters Electrical and Computer Engineering UNB)
Biometrics Request: March 8th 2021
Biometrics done: March 10th 2021
Nigeria student express request letter:March 12th 2021
Request letter received by IRCC : March 17th 2021
Upfront medical:April 23rd 2021
Request for GCMS: May 19th.
Medical updated: June 14th 2021
Note arrived :June 21st Eligibility review was blank
Eligibility started :June 28th
PPR and BVL dropped :June 30th

First time applicant with no agent,i applied on my own.I was so anxious between March 17th and June 30th especially when my eligibility review was blank when GCMS came in.

No travel history and i am yet to pay my school fees.

Thanks to frankrobbn1,Justmellow,lekiboboe and silvamania for their support.

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 02, 2021
maralina:

On God lol, I actually traveled 5months prior to when my program started, that was 4yrs ago.
My brother was at the airport today and they didn’t let him travel even after showing his travel letter; his program starts in September btw.
The new policy is so frustrating though smh
Covid is to b blamed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 02, 2021
shupy:
Since he has decided to pay your tuition fee, you don't need GIC anymore. His sponsorship letter should state he is going to be responsible for the payment of your tuition fee for the entire duration of your studies and that he has paid a year tuition. You just present the 13m in your account as fund for living and traveling expenses. No need for GIC again. The arrangement is not an essential requirement especially for Nigerians.
ok.thank you for your response always.am grateful.I just want to purchase it as my mind wants me to.I dont intend using NSE cos 1st,I don't have IELTS nd cant write cos my Job will not give me d chance to read and prepare well plus I dont intend to send 1 year MBS ,just 6 months cos of some lump sum in previous months preceding d 6 months.so to be on a safer side ,I want to submit 1 year tuition receipt and GIC.moreover with this frequent devaluation of Naira,I prefare some of my funds being in Canada. only God know what the exchange rate will b wen I get SP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Gentledaf(m): 7:52am On Jul 02, 2021
Jeff5gold:

Tuition 30k for 2 years (2 years program)
Only waec result....

No transcripts... I can't really understand their refund policy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jerryjack022: 7:56am On Jul 02, 2021
TeeShogs:
First time I am reading from a fellow CBU applicant like me and I am forced to comment as I have never done so before. Congratulations even as I expect my PPR too

Yours will not be difficult for God to do. Your testimony is very near and we will rejoice with you shortly. Amen

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jerryjack022: 7:58am On Jul 02, 2021
Lianna2020:
Yes even normal accommodation is there

Try kijijj too.

Okay! I will check it.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by atiteb4: 7:59am On Jul 02, 2021
Bhooomie:

congratulations. Please how did you explain your lump sum?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Gentledaf(m): 8:00am On Jul 02, 2021
Bhooomie:

Congrats....it will go round

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Mille: 8:03am On Jul 02, 2021
Please, I will appreciate answers. Cc LFJ11

I have a masters from France and intend to apply for a PhD. But due to lack of some certain course prerequisites, my supervisor and the program cordinator adviced I apply for their masters which will be also be fully funded and then transfer to a PhD. Will I have issues with getting a visa for a second masters given that I intend to go with my wife and daughter? Also is it okay if I ask the graduate coordinator to provide me with a written letter stating that I lacked certain course requirements?

Another problem is I require a 3.7 to be successful. How is the last two years average calculated for a masters degree holder. Will it be a course by course evaluation or will be masters degree be evaluated as a whole.

The graduate school at University of Alberta is refusing to give information on GPA conversion until I apply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Opsy14: 8:06am On Jul 02, 2021
Hi,
I just recently joined nairaland, and would like to ask a question. I applied for my study permit and completed my biometric on May 14 2021. I didn't submit my letter of explanation which I later found out is key in a study permit application. I graduated secondary school in July 2019 and am just applying for a visa, will this affect my application. Is it necessary for me to submit my letter of explanation as I don't have plenty gap years, and will they understand that the covid is the cause of the gap year in 2020? Will they understand or do I still need to submit it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RollyA(f): 8:10am On Jul 02, 2021
Hi, what did you do differently in your second application to address the concerns raised in respect to personal assets and financial status?

Bhooomie:
God is the greatest and He came through for me!!!

1st Application: 29th Jan 2021
Submitted with upfront medicals and NSE requirements. After sending several mails and webforms as well as applying for my GCMS notes on 16th of April. I received my notes on the 17th of May with the VO’s concern about having lumpsums in our joint account.
Refusal: 27th May 2021 (Purpose of visit & personal assets and financial]

2nd Application: 31st May 2021
Background check started immediately and eligibility started on the 3rd of June. I noticed my Medical was not updated and sent a webform with my e-medical sheet.
Medical passed: 25th June 2021
PPR: 30th June 2021

List of submitted documents
Unconditional LOA
Passport [ passport data page, travel stamps, Visa (Active US Visa)]
POF
Proof of Tuition Payment
MyBankStatement for our Joint savings account
Sponsor’s Statement of Account (Hubby)
Sponsor’s MyBankStatement
My Salary and Savings MyBankStatement
Employment and Introduction Letter from Employer
Sponsorship Letter
Affidavit of support
Pension and Mutual Savings account statement
Certificate of business
Other home tie documents (Landed properties and investments)
Client Info
SOP and LOE
IELTS RESULT
Degree Certificate and Transcripts
NYSC Certificate
ID for family members
Marriage Certificate
Police Character Certificate
Tax Certificate
Resume

My special appreciation goes to God that made my dreams come to reality. He deserves all the glory. I also want to appreciate @JustMellow (gcmswriters) for his guidance and prompt approach in handling my LOE. I reached out to him when I received my notes thinking I could explain the lumpsums before a decision was made but refusal came some days after. JustMellow assisted in writing my LOE to address the financial concerns as well as reconstruct my SOP to address purpose of visit (studied engineering but going for business management course). God bless you and cause his face to shine upon you. Going for a 2yr PG certificate.
Thank you to everyone for their selfless contributions on this thread. The advices, comments and testimonies kept me going even when it looked like all hope was lost. Thank you for the congratulatory messages. God bless you all.

PS: I was able to reapply 3 days after my initial refusal because I already had my GCMS notes and had addressed the concerns in my LOE. All PPR hopefuls will testify soon by God’s grace.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mrnatural(m): 8:12am On Jul 02, 2021
[b][/b]Was it university of Manitoba you enrolled for ?
maralina:

I landed in Manitoba, as at then jobs were very difficult to find, couldn’t get a job even when I started school. 7months later I moved to Ontario transferred to humber college. One week after moving to Ontario I got a job, something I wasn’t able to get in Manitoba though. I guess Manitoba wasn’t for me haha, plus the cold there is brutal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mrnatural(m): 8:13am On Jul 02, 2021
maralina:

I landed in Manitoba, as at then jobs were very difficult to find, couldn’t get a job even when I started school. 7months later I moved to Ontario transferred to humber college. One week after moving to Ontario I got a job, something I wasn’t able to get in Manitoba though. I guess Manitoba wasn’t for me haha, plus the cold there is brutal

Was it university of Manitoba you enrolled into?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by may99(f): 8:17am On Jul 02, 2021
Opsy14:
Hi,
I just recently joined nairaland, and would like to ask a question. I applied for my study permit and completed my biometric on May 14 2021. I didn't submit my letter of explanation which I later found out is key in a study permit application. I graduated secondary school in July 2019 and am just applying for a visa, will this affect my application. Is it necessary for me to submit my letter of explanation as I don't have plenty gap years, and will they understand that the covid is the cause of the gap year in 2020? Will they understand or do I still need to submit it?

I think you should write a letter and send it by via webform. Don’t let the VO think too much on your application, provide the necessary details.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by LJF11: 8:19am On Jul 02, 2021
Mille:
Please, I will appreciate answers. Cc LFJ11

I have a masters from France and intend to apply for a PhD. But due to lack of some certain course prerequisites, my supervisor and the program cordinator adviced I apply for their masters which will be also be fully funded and then transfer to a PhD. Will I have issues with getting a visa for a second masters given that I intend to go with my wife and daughter? Also is it okay if I ask the graduate coordinator to provide me with a written letter stating that I lacked certain course requirements?

Another problem is I require a 3.7 to be successful. How is the last two years average calculated for a masters degree holder. Will it be a course by course evaluation or will be masters degree be evaluated as a whole.

The graduate school at University of Alberta is refusing to give information on GPA conversion until I apply.

Well that's simple, you need to show academic progression to be able to apply for a study permit and since you need to another masters to be able to proceed for your PHD , you would need a letter from you program coordinator to back up your story stating why the course is needed for your academic progression and also connecting it to your long term future goals and for the masters, the general programme is evaluated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Bhooomie: 8:19am On Jul 02, 2021
Hi Chukwuemekatehi.
I did a breakdown of the inflow of funds in my LOE and attached the transactional account statement where the inflows originated from to show source of funds. I also had to attach a manual bank statement and highlighted the transactions that were of concern.
Chukwuemekatehi:
Congratulations once again, please how did you explain the lump sum in the account?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jeff5gold: 8:20am On Jul 02, 2021
Gentledaf:

No transcripts... I can't really understand their refund policy

NorQuest college don’t accept transcript from Nigeria high school......so sweet, money saved.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Opsy14: 8:22am On Jul 02, 2021
Please what are the important things I need to include and can you provide the webform link here?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jeff5gold: 8:24am On Jul 02, 2021
maralina:

On God lol, I actually traveled 5months prior to when my program started, that was 4yrs ago.
My brother was at the airport today and they didn’t let him travel even after showing his travel letter; his program starts in September btw.
The new policy is so frustrating though smh

I believe your brother didn’t provide enrolment letter....those who were recently denied boarding failed to show their enrolment letter as their schools hasn’t started giving out the letter to student at that time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jeff5gold: 8:25am On Jul 02, 2021
LJF11:

If you have your enrollment letter, lol why r u now scared, u think they would deny an enrolled student from boarding, simply ask them to show you on the website where the policy is from, everything you need to prepare for travel is on Canada website, there are guidelines to follow

I know enrolment letter was the reason they denied those people boarding.....they weren’t able to get enrolment letter from their schools as it was too early
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ekulu77: 8:29am On Jul 02, 2021
I think you explain what you were doing to them during your gap years with a proof to make it more effective
Probably you were volunteering,Internships or anything of substance that is productive and important
Then you can back it up with letter from the organization
Opsy14:
Hi,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 8:36am On Jul 02, 2021
Bhooomie:

Congratulations.... Be favoured in Canada.

It ended in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RELAN2446(m): 8:46am On Jul 02, 2021
Echogrey:

As in! It is so exhausting.
Anything yet?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RxOtunba: 8:49am On Jul 02, 2021
Why not be the sponsor and your brother is a co-sponsor......Doesn't that sound better? 13m is cool funds o, how many years is ur program? What's the cost per year?
Enjay316:
Good day all.we don enter 2nd of July ooo.but @Lianna still dey 1st of July.at least Nigeria dey enternew year b4 Canada. lol.any that aside .please Gurus, we realize that GIC can only be bought by the applicant and a sponsor cant purchase GIC for the person he is Sponsoring so my Brother hu is a PR has decided to pay for my 1 year full tuition. my question is simple, sending his account statement will not affect my application positively as he Just bought a house in Canada and is paying monthly mortgage. meaning ,he does not have sufficient proof of fund as a sponsor. He however intends sending his last 6 months pay stub,letter of employment and his wife letter of employment in addition to the initiative he had taken to pay my 1 year tuition fee.however I have #13m in my account as co sponsore.is this sufficient, especially since I intend purchasing GIC out of d 13m to show I am also responsible. note, I am 31yrs,study gap 10 yrs and married with a kid.thanks 4 ur anticipated replies
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Omankem8(f): 8:53am On Jul 02, 2021
13m should be enough, especially if your wife is working, you need to also show that she can support herself and your child without help from you, and also GIC is no guarantee. But it will help your application to show that the money is actually available.

Add your wife's payslips and also statement of account. The VO might want to knkw how your family intend to support themselves without you.
So if your wife has a business or works, that will go a long way

Enjay316:
Good day all.we don enter 2nd of July ooo.but @Lianna still dey 1st of July.at least Nigeria dey enternew year b4 Canada. lol.any that aside .please Gurus, we realize that GIC can only be bought by the applicant and a sponsor cant purchase GIC for the person he is Sponsoring so my Brother hu is a PR has decided to pay for my 1 year full tuition. my question is simple, sending his account statement will not affect my application positively as he Just bought a house in Canada and is paying monthly mortgage. meaning ,he does not have sufficient proof of fund as a sponsor. He however intends sending his last 6 months pay stub,letter of employment and his wife letter of employment in addition to the initiative he had taken to pay my 1 year tuition fee.however I have #13m in my account as co sponsore.is this sufficient, especially since I intend purchasing GIC out of d 13m to show I am also responsible. note, I am 31yrs,study gap 10 yrs and married with a kid.thanks 4 ur anticipated replies
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RxOtunba: 8:57am On Jul 02, 2021
I hope the agent is not wokos travel lol......Na UManitoba admission dem go give u. I'll suggest ur wife goes for MSc or PGD since she has a BSc already, because you going for a BSc at 36 and getting ur visa approved is "On gahd" lol.......What was ur wife's major and her final CGPA? Wishing u all the best!
mrnatural:
Hi guys, great stuff and eye-opening information out here.. I must commend everyone for helping people actualise their dreams.

I recently started following this thread when I truly got fed up of this country and I just wanna by every legitimate means.
Firstly of all I decide to go through the route of an agent because it was gonna be pretty much easy since I’m a novice when it comes to migration. Long and short, I contacted an agent I met via Instagram. And then he promise he’s gonna get admission for an undergraduate study and subsequently get a study-work visa for me which I’ll pay him In batches after getting the admission 1st and 2ndly and securing the study-work visa to Canada.

We’ve actually started with the process, which the school is yet to issue the admission, but then I feel I have enough information at hand to go with the process since almost everyone here is doing it without an agent.

The little challenge I have now Is, he already stated the process (which is still at the early stage, at least I haven’t gotten the admission). How do I hijack it from it?
Secondly, I’m 36yrs old now but never had a undergraduate degree (Bsc) before. Will my age hamper my chances of getting the visa ?
Or better still, I use my wife to apply for a masters degree since she has a Bsc?.

Please gurus in the house help me out cos I want to start this process almost immediately.

Thank you all and apologies for the long write up.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Omankem8(f): 8:59am On Jul 02, 2021
Your statement of purpose is not only to explain your study plan, it also helps you explain your finances and family ties and financial assets.

Hurry, write and upload via webform.

Opsy14:
Hi,

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.