Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,854 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (277) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (692110 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Kobby84: 10:11pm On Jul 01, 2021
Congratulation!!!!!!!!!!! what did you do differently and what was the reason for the first refusal

Bhooomie:
Almighty God has done it for me!!! It's PPR!!!

Second time applicant. Applied May 31st and got PPR 30th June.

To think I was smiling all through yesterday while reading people's PPR testimonies not knowing mine already dropped.

Thank you Jesus. I will be back with full details.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 10:14pm On Jul 01, 2021
Congratulations mate
Bhooomie:

To think I was smiling all through yesterday while reading people's PPR testimonies not knowing mine already dropped.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Stephblues(f): 10:16pm On Jul 01, 2021
Congratulations. It ended in praise.

Jerryjack022:

My Timeline
Second time application
Submitted March 17, 2021
NSE request dropped april 14 (replied with letter of proficiency from my university here in 9ja and my sponsor is my brother living in USA so he submitted his normal SOA for a year and reference letter from his bank)

Then long waiting period started
I ordered for gcms note June 5
I reapplied for admission after my LOA expired June 5 and new one came a week later, submitted it through webform

Upfront medica June 22
Gcms note arrived June 24
(criminality passed, compliance required, info sharing with USA in progress because I was refused USA visa in 2017 and eligibility is blank)

Submitted my medical e-slip and some other docs through webform June 28
Medical updated to pass June 29 and eligibility review started together
PPR and Correspondence Letter June 30

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jul 01, 2021
shupy:

In that circumstance, your packaging makes sense. I however don't have any experience with the GIC arrangement.
ok.thanks. I appreciate ur response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by may99(f): 10:18pm On Jul 01, 2021
Beebeegirll:

I am but still waiting for PPR
Planning to travel august 22/23

It will happen. Amen. You even have a date, I’m very flexible. Don’t know what to do yet grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shams040(m): 10:20pm On Jul 01, 2021
Jerryjack022:
I am a part-time silent reader here but I must say that the informations gotten from this forum really helped my success story. Thanks to everyone contributing here, God will attend to your needs. All the glory be to God.

The journey began February 2018 when I received my LOA from Cape Breton University, Nova Scotia to study post degree in public health (2yrs programme). The LOA valid for a year and I applied for visa march 2019 for may intake which was refused on April base on two reasons;
1) VO not satisfy that I will leave canada after my study base on my employment situation
2) VO not satisfy that I will leave canada after my study base on my family tie in canada and my home country

After the refusal, I paused and checked the documents that I submitted from there I discovered my mistakes which are;
No Employmen Letter
No pay slip
No personal bank statements
No work ID
No leave letter
No prove of family tie at all ontop of that am single, 32 yrs of age

Because of the pandemic, the university issued me a new LOA valid from May 2020 to May 2021

I started doing my underground preparation which took me 2yrs, I must tell you from the beginning of this journey I have been experiencing delay but God later turned it to blessings for me.

My Timeline
Second time application
Submitted March 17, 2021
NSE request dropped april 14 (replied with letter of proficiency from my university here in 9ja and my sponsor is my brother living in USA so he submitted his normal SOA for a year and reference letter from his bank)

I reapplied for admission after my LOA expired June 5 and new one came a week later, submitted it through webform

Upfront medica June 22
(criminality passed, compliance required, info sharing with USA in progress because I was refused USA visa in 2017 and eligibility is blank)

Documents Submitted
All IRCC forms
Clients Information
International passport data page
Birth Certificate
LOA from cape breton university
Tuition fee receipt (first semester)
Personal SOA
BSC certificate
Vocational Certificate
Employment Letter
Employment Reference Letter
Ngo reference letter
Study leave approval letter
Fiancee support letter
Property Deed of gift from mother
Mother affidavit of support
Mother declaration of age
Certificate from inter. organization

Sponsor's Documents (Brother)
One year SOA
Employment letter
Letter of support
Birth Certificate

N.B: I have Bsc in Science Laboratory Technology (Plant Science Option), graduated 2015 and 2yrs vocational training in private hospital started working there as administrative officer/Laboratory Technician 2017.

How did you submit ur medical webform upfront
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Subbyshal(f): 10:22pm On Jul 01, 2021
lolathegenie:
Me too. January 29.

Have you ordered for GCMS notes? If yes, what did it say?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OLUWABORI2000: 10:37pm On Jul 01, 2021
sammyyanke:
Good news!!!
The good Lord has done for me .
BVL & PPR just dropped this morning.
May 11th applicant, NSE route.

Details coming later.
May God's favour locate everyone believing God for ths type of testimony.

Many thanks to all gurus on the platform. More grace

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by kingsamosy(m): 10:40pm On Jul 01, 2021
Bhooomie:

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Bhooomie: 10:43pm On Jul 01, 2021
God is the greatest and He came through for me!!!

1st Application: 29th Jan 2021
Submitted with upfront medicals and NSE requirements. After sending several mails and webforms as well as applying for my GCMS notes on 16th of April. I received my notes on the 17th of May with the VO’s concern about having lumpsums in our joint account.
Refusal: 27th May 2021 (Purpose of visit & personal assets and financial]

2nd Application: 31st May 2021
Background check started immediately and eligibility started on the 3rd of June. I noticed my Medical was not updated and sent a webform with my e-medical sheet.
Medical passed: 25th June 2021
PPR: 30th June 2021

List of submitted documents
Unconditional LOA
Passport [ passport data page, travel stamps, Visa (Active US Visa)]
POF
Proof of Tuition Payment
MyBankStatement for our Joint savings account
Sponsor’s Statement of Account (Hubby)
Sponsor’s MyBankStatement
My Salary and Savings MyBankStatement
Employment and Introduction Letter from Employer
Sponsorship Letter
Affidavit of support
Pension and Mutual Savings account statement
Certificate of business
Other home tie documents (Landed properties and investments)
Client Info
SOP and LOE
IELTS RESULT
Degree Certificate and Transcripts
NYSC Certificate
ID for family members
Marriage Certificate
Police Character Certificate
Tax Certificate
Resume

My special appreciation goes to God that made my dreams come to reality. He deserves all the glory. I also want to appreciate @JustMellow (gcmswriters) for his guidance and prompt approach in handling my LOE. I reached out to him when I received my notes thinking I could explain the lumpsums before a decision was made but refusal came some days after. JustMellow assisted in writing my LOE to address the financial concerns as well as reconstruct my SOP to address purpose of visit (studied engineering but going for business management course). God bless you and cause his face to shine upon you. Going for a 2yr PG certificate.
Thank you to everyone for their selfless contributions on this thread. The advices, comments and testimonies kept me going even when it looked like all hope was lost. Thank you for the congratulatory messages. God bless you all.

PS: I was able to reapply 3 days after my initial refusal because I already had my GCMS notes and had addressed the concerns in my LOE. All PPR hopefuls will testify soon by God’s grace.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Olaa123: 10:52pm On Jul 01, 2021
LadyBlaq:
You get am! Though I heard clothes are expensive there o. I think I will do one big bag for clothings and toiletries then two big bags for food...

What is all this? Chai! Nitori olurun embarassed So you have taken your full dosage of the vaccine and you still get to starve because of the 14 days quarantine? I pray they lift it by July too.

grin You don't understand.

Don't forget hair extensions and hair products biko.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jerryjack022: 10:54pm On Jul 01, 2021
Thank y'all for all the dishes.... it will go round in Jesus's Name.

Pls who know the name of the vaccines Nigeria is using? Any payment for it because this country funny?

Any link to search for accommodation in canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Olaa123: 10:58pm On Jul 01, 2021
Bhooomie:

Submitted with upfront medicals and NSE requirements. After sending several mails and webforms as well as applying for my GCMS notes on 16th of April. I received my notes on the 17th of May with the VO’s concern about having lumpsums in our joint account.

Background check started immediately and eligibility started on the 3rd of June. I noticed my Medical was not updated and sent a webform with my e-medical sheet.

Unconditional LOA
POF
Proof of Tuition Payment
Sponsorship Letter
Affidavit of support
Certificate of business
Client Info
SOP and LOE
IELTS RESULT
NYSC Certificate
ID for family members
Marriage Certificate
Tax Certificate
Resume

My special appreciation goes to God that made my dreams come to reality. He deserves all the glory. I also want to appreciate @JustMellow (gcmswriters) for his guidance and prompt approach in handling my LOE. I reached out to him when I received my notes thinking I could explain the lumpsums before a decision was made but refusal came some days after. JustMellow assisted in writing my LOE to address the financial concerns as well as reconstruct my SOP to address purpose of visit (studied engineering but going for business management course). God bless you and cause his face to shine upon you. Going for a 2yr PG certificate.
Thank you to everyone for their selfless contributions on this thread. The advices, comments and testimonies kept me going even when it looked like all hope was lost. Thank you for the congratulatory messages. God bless you all.

PS: I was able to reapply 3 days after my initial refusal because I already had my GCMS notes and had addressed the concerns in my LOE. All PPR hopefuls will testify soon by God’s grace.

This is God's hand. He never fails!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jerryjack022: 10:59pm On Jul 01, 2021

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by femmmmi94: 11:00pm On Jul 01, 2021
RELAN2446:

Yes o

Fall 2021 or winter 22
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by dassypei: 11:06pm On Jul 01, 2021
Congratulations! This is definitely the hand of God. I celebrate with you

Bhooomie:

Unconditional LOA
POF
Proof of Tuition Payment
Sponsorship Letter
Affidavit of support
Certificate of business
Client Info
SOP and LOE
IELTS RESULT
NYSC Certificate
ID for family members
Marriage Certificate
Tax Certificate
Resume

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Octavoral: 11:08pm On Jul 01, 2021
Pls, I need an urgent response from the gurus. Why haven't I gotten NSE REQUEST from ircc 6 weeks after submission. What can I do in this case.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 11:12pm On Jul 01, 2021
Download Airbnb for accommodation
Jerryjack022:
Thank y'all for all the dishes.... it will go round in Jesus's Name.

Pls who know the name of the vaccines Nigeria is using? Any payment for it because this country funny?

Any link to search for accommodation in canada?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 11:13pm On Jul 01, 2021
Most people don’t get.
I didn’t get , I just submitted everything for nse so I don’t have to wait for them to request .

Octavoral:
Pls, I need an urgent response from the gurus. Why haven't I gotten NSE REQUEST from ircc 6 weeks after submission. What can I do in this case.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Emmasonic4me: 11:14pm On Jul 01, 2021
Octavoral:

They do not send NSE request to every applicant. However, since you have already applied, you can raise a webform to send the NSE requirements. It does no harm.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by olasubomy: 11:30pm On Jul 01, 2021
LadyBlaq:
We prayed for PPR, it's here, and we are thinking twice... grin

I am talking about me, myself and I. I am seriously so lazy about my travel plans. I have been busy doing nothing and everything. I have chest pains each time I think of leaving momsy even for one month. I don't know what and whatnot to pack, I don't even know where to start from...

I am a huuuge sucker for Nigerian foods, ( I lost an overwhelming amount of weight the last time I was at Singapore, with their pink and bright coloured foods). I don't know how to start parking and packaging my foods, I am almost certain I will have to pay for extra luggage, thanks to my love for our foods.
I swore not to take the vaccine here in Nigeria. I punched calculator for the 14 days quarantine and the next place I saw myself was at the nearest primary healthcare center, and then I turned back after standing for 20 minutes looking at people taking their jabs grin grin grin. I am so indecisive....

About my flight, I have booked a lot of them and they have all expired because I am yet to make up my mind for a particular date grin grin I am sure the airline ticketing computers yaff tire for me sef grin grin grin grin grin

Why am I like this? My program of study isn't listed as one of those having full delivery online( it's hybrid) and resumption is 14th of September, still, I am believing I'd start online first and nothing will happen...naija spirit in me geh coconut head cheesy grin grin

It's not even funny bayi! Who do me like this? Can I hire someone to plan this for me? This is becoming more tedious than applying to IRCC for visa plus the wait join...oh chi m!

Adeolu and Daba if you are reading this, please pray for me, I am as confused as anything... grin

#Lazyrants #confusionofmakingdecisiontoleavenaija

Pele smiley smiley! Try to start your travelling plans on time, and don't forget the closer it gets to your travel date, the higher the airline fee. Trust me; you don't want to get into the last-minute rush. Just brace up. I know it is not easy leaving loved ones. The whole effort won't be in vain by God's grace.

Just to give you some tips - Nigerian foods you can easily get here without going to African stores are Rice ( in the regular stores like Walmart, look out for "Parboiled Rice), Spaghetti, Beans ( they have beans similar to ours, look out for "Black Eyed Peas), Groundnut Oil ( More healthy than the one they sell in Nigeria). African stores have other Nigerian foods but pricey.

You can prioritize your Ogbono, semovita, Garri, bottled groundnut ( you can put this in those Eva water plastic bottles), wheat, very dried fish, egusi, Noodles ( if you are a lover of noodles), ingredients for stew ( Thyme, Curry, Maggi etc.) but the tomato, atarodo and pepper are available here at Walmart and some other stores.

Additionally, you can buy like 5 or 6 screen protectors for your phone if you use an expensive smartphone. It is way cheaper in Nigeria and more expensive in Canada buying a screen protector. The screen protector I bought for 1,000 naira for my Huawei phone is $40 dollars here. I was lucky to see it for $20 dollars somewhere else and this might be more expensive in other highbrow provinces like Ontario, British Columbia etc

Congrats again and wish you a safe trip in advance.

27 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RELAN2446(m): 11:41pm On Jul 01, 2021
femmmmi94:

Fall 2021 or winter 22
Fall 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jerryjack022: 11:42pm On Jul 01, 2021
Lianna2020:
Download Airbnb for accommodation

Thank you Lianna2020
I mean normal accommodation not hotel or short stay.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Testimonytime: 11:54pm On Jul 01, 2021
Bhooomie:

Congrats. I see My ppr at my doorstep. What God cannot do does not exist. This timeline can only be God. Thank you Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teemenzo: 11:55pm On Jul 01, 2021
Congratulations to those who received their PPR on june 30. More joyful testimonies in Jesus name.

Pls one question, after getting a study visa, can the student apply for a work permit for his or her spouse?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by TeeShogs: 11:58pm On Jul 01, 2021
First time I am reading from a fellow CBU applicant like me and I am forced to comment as I have never done so before. Congratulations even as I expect my PPR too

Jerryjack022:
I am a part-time silent reader here but I must say that the informations gotten from this forum really helped my success story. Thanks to everyone contributing here, God will attend to your needs. All the glory be to God.

The journey began February 2018 when I received my LOA from Cape Breton University, Nova Scotia to study post degree in public health (2yrs programme). The LOA valid for a year and I applied for visa march 2019 for may intake which was refused on April base on two reasons;
1) VO not satisfy that I will leave canada after my study base on my employment situation
2) VO not satisfy that I will leave canada after my study base on my family tie in canada and my home country

After the refusal, I paused and checked the documents that I submitted from there I discovered my mistakes which are;
No Employmen Letter
No pay slip
No work ID
No leave letter

Because of the pandemic, the university issued me a new LOA valid from May 2020 to May 2021

I started doing my underground preparation which took me 2yrs, I must tell you from the beginning of this journey I have been experiencing delay but God later turned it to blessings for me.

My Timeline
Second time application
Submitted March 17, 2021

Upfront medica June 22

Documents Submitted
All IRCC forms
Clients Information
Birth Certificate
Personal SOA
BSC certificate
Vocational Certificate
Employment Letter
Ngo reference letter
Fiancee support letter

One year SOA
Employment letter
Letter of support
Birth Certificate

N.B: I have Bsc in Science Laboratory Technology (Plant Science Option), graduated 2015 and 2yrs vocational training in private hospital started working there as administrative officer/Laboratory Technician 2017.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 11:59pm On Jul 01, 2021
Yes even normal accommodation is there

Try kijijj too.
Jerryjack022:

Thank you Lianna2020
I mean normal accommodation not hotel or short stay.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Testimonytime: 11:59pm On Jul 01, 2021
LadyBlaq:
We prayed for PPR, it's here and we are thinking twice... grin

I am talking about me, myself and I. I am seriously so lazy about my travel plans. I have been busy doing nothing and everything. I have chest pains each time I think of leaving momsy even for one month. I don't know what and whatnot to pack, I don't even know where to start from...

I am a huuuge sucker for Nigerian foods, ( I lost an overwhelming amount of weight the last time I was at Singapore, with their pink and bright coloured foods). I don't know how to start parking and packaging my foods, I am almost certain I will have to pay for extra luggage, thanks to my love for our foods.
I swore not to take the vaccine here in Nigeria. I punched calculator for the 14 days quarantine and the next place I saw myself was at the nearest primary healthcare center, and then I turned back after standing for 20 minutes looking at people taking their jabs grin grin grin. I am so indecisive....

About my flight, I have booked a lot of them and they have all expired because I am yet to make up my mind for a particular date grin grin I am sure the airline ticketing computers yaff tire for me sef grin grin grin grin grin

Why am I like this? My program of study isn't listed as one of those having full delivery online( it's hybrid) and resumption is 14th of September, still, I am believing I'd start online first and nothing will happen...naija spirit in me geh coconut head cheesy grin grin

It's not even funny bayi! Who do me like this? Can I hire someone to plan this for me? This is becoming more tedious than applying to IRCC for visa plus the wait join...oh chi m!

Adeolu and Daba if you are reading this, please pray for me, I am as confused as anything... grin

#Lazyrants #confusionofmakingdecisiontoleavenaija

Waow! You need to see me smiling. When the Lord turn the captivity of Zion………Na like dream….

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 12:00am On Jul 02, 2021
What you will be given after PPR is visa and for you to apply for spouse , you need the study permit that would be issued at Poe.

Teemenzo:
Congratulations to those who received their PPR on june 30. More joyful testimonies in Jesus name.

Pls one question, after getting a study visa, can the student apply for a work permit for his or her spouse?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Testimonytime: 12:02am On Jul 02, 2021
Lianna2020:
I swear to God.
The food part is so annoying.
I pray they lift the hotel booking thing. I’m starving and I can’t even cook because I have to stay in .
Like who survives on all these!!.
If not for ijebu garri ehn.
Once you get PPR, the next thing is being indecisive on what you couldn’t wait for . Can’t wait to go home jo r.
The food is terrible , no maggi , no salt , infact ehn.

I pray they lift hotel quarantine.

Kikikikikikikikikii! I don laugh tire. You forgot your groundnut?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 12:05am On Jul 02, 2021
grin grin
Yes o
Testimonytime:

Kikikikikikikikikii! I don laugh tire. You forgot your groundnut?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Testimonytime: 12:15am On Jul 02, 2021
Jerryjack022:

No Employmen Letter
No pay slip
No work ID
No leave letter

My Timeline
Second time application
Submitted March 17, 2021

Upfront medica June 22

Documents Submitted
All IRCC forms
Clients Information
Birth Certificate
Personal SOA
BSC certificate
Vocational Certificate
Employment Letter
Ngo reference letter
Fiancee support letter

One year SOA
Employment letter
Letter of support
Birth Certificate

Congrats, go and shine in Canada

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.