Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,595 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (455) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (693528 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ikemummy(m): 8:34am On Jul 27, 2021
LONG POST ALERT ABOUT MY PPR:

Here is my timeline
On 30 April-Application submitted (Non-NSE)
On 4 May-Biometrics completed
On 7 May-NSE request (MyBankStatement and IELTS)
On 19 May-Upfront medical updated to pass
On 19 May-I noticed ghost update
On 28 May- I Responded to NSE request with letter of explanation sent through my GCKEY not webform. I attached my masters transcript and highlighted where it was written that English is the means of communication and instruction. I tried to convince them in the letter that I am proficient in English and all my education prom primary to masters has been in English. However, I attached proof of registration for IELTS to be written on 18 August. I registered for the IELTS not for study visa but because I intend to apply for PR through EE shortly after I land Canada (the Goal is to become a Citizen before completing PhD). I did not submit submit MBS but attached my funding letter and told them that my studies will be sponsored by the University.

On 23 June, I got scared that my visa may be rejected due to financial reasons and sent MBS through webform. I did not send it earlier because my account balance was less than 400k. I had my Dad do me a gift deed of 2 million on 22 June before I sent the MBS. I also attached my upadated pension statement of account.
On 4 July, I sent my Covid Vaccination completion Certificate (online copy with QR code) through webform.
On 6 July, I sent a webform and appealed for a decision to enable me to arrive early for Fall semester. I attached my confirmation of enrollment letter.

On 14 July I sent another appeal for a decision on my application.
On 23 July, another ghost update and eligibility review started
On 27 July PPR

MY PROFILE:
1. Age: 27 yrs
2. B.Sc: First Class (University of Nigeria Nsukka, 2015)
3. Masters: First class (University of the Western Cape South Africa, 2020), very related to my PhD
4. Travel history: 6 months in Germany for Research Internship with the United Nations, 2 years in South Africa for studies.
5. Scholarship: Received the German government fully funded DAAD scholarship for masters.
6. Career: Have been working as an academic staff in the University since NYSC

POF DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED:
1. Admission letter stating graduate funding of $28,816 CDN for the first year, and that funding could be maintained with good academic performance.
2. Supervisor support letter stating she will provide me with comprehensive funding (but she did not specify the value of the funding)
3. Two million in my account
4. I received support letter from my University which also states that they will authorize leave for me. I used that to claim in my SOP that they will pay me while on leave.

HOME TIES DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED:
1. 2 bedroom apartment in my name worth 12.5 million Naira
2. My pension account of over 900k
3. Letter from the Vice Chancellor of the University supporting my studies and stating that I will be granted leave
4. Payslip for 3 months
5. Marriage certificate and birth certificate of my child

Thanks to everyone on this platform. I learned from your experience and advice and used it to apply for my visa.

I pray that God will give you your own PPR soonest.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Iphiegrace(f): 8:36am On Jul 27, 2021
Congratulations Dear
I tap into this testimony
#April30Applicant
Teenie19:
Dear Nairaland family,

It has finally dropped ooooo! Glory be to God Almighty!!!!

Sister's application
AOR: Feb 11 2021
Program: Practical nursing May 2021 (Sheridan college)- clearly can't go for May 2021 anymore due to delay, will go for Jan 2022 session!
Upfront medical : April 28, 2021 ( we said let's do medical to see if it will speed things up, lol jokes)
Medical passed: June 14, 2021 (just see how long it took them to update medical!)
Eligibility started: July 23, 2021
PPR and correspondence letter: this morning July 27th @ 4:34am!

What a wait! Basically this application took 5 months and 16 days. I remember I considered withdrawing the application at some point, but you all encouraged me to hold on! During this waiting period, 3 gcms notes were ordered and the fourth one has been ordered as well. All the gcms notes received didn't have much info as eligibility was blank. Each time I got the gcms notes, I was always disappointed that eligibility was blank. Now that I think of it, I guess it's not a bad thing...

I just want to use this medium to thank everyone for their support through out this journey! This is a wonderful platform and we all draw strength and hope from one another! One thing that helped me during the long wait was seeing other people's approval postings. I was always encouraged by those success stories. I remember telling myself that my testimony was near when DD097 and demure got approved as we all applied around the same time and faced this delay..

In short, this is a wonderful platform and I hope more people get to know about the wonderful support we have here! Thanks to all the gurus and everyone that tries to assist others with their questions! If you have any questions for me , please feel free to ask here so others can learn from it ! I'm rooting for all my co- February applicants and any one with a delayed application and of course everyone on here , that you will all get a favourable response soon in Jesus name!

Cheers to more success stories ! grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 8:36am On Jul 27, 2021
Awwww congratulations again my fellow July 27 PPR recipient! grin

ikemummy:

Here is my timeline
On 28 May- I Responded to NSE request with letter of explanation sent through my GCKEY not webform. I attached my masters transcript and highlighted where it was written that English is the means of communication and instruction. I tried to convince them in the letter that I am proficient in English and all my education prom primary to masters has been in English. However, I attached proof of registration for IELTS to be written on 18 August. I registered for the IELTS not for study visa but because I intend to apply for PR through EE shortly after I land Canada (the Goal is to become a Citizen before completing PhD). I did not submit submit MBS but attached my funding letter and told them that my studies will be sponsored by the University.

On 23 June, I got scared that my visa may be rejected due to financial reasons and sent MBS through webform. I did not send it earlier because my account balance was less than 400k. I had my Dad do me a gift deed of 2 million on 22 June before I sent the MBS. I also attached my upadated pension statement of account.
On 4 July, I sent my Covid Vaccination completion Certificate (online copy with QR code) through webform.
On 6 July, I sent a webform and appealed for a decision to enable me to arrive early for Fall semester. I attached my confirmation of enrollment letter.

On 27 July PPR

MY PROFILE:
3. Masters: First class (University of the Western Cape South Africa, 2020), very related to my PhD
4. Travel history: 6 months in Germany for Research Internship with the United Nations, 2 years in South Africa for studies.
5. Scholarship: Received the German government fully funded DAAD scholarship for masters.

POF DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED:
1. Admission letter stating graduate funding of $28,816 CDN for the first year, and that funding could be maintained with good academic performance.
2. Supervisor support letter stating she will provide me with comprehensive funding (but she did not specify the value of the funding)
4. I received support letter from my University which also states that they will authorize leave for me. I used that to claim in my SOP that they will pay me while on leave.

3. Letter from the Vice Chancellor of the University supporting my studies and stating that I will be granted leave
4. Payslip for 3 months

Thanks to everyone on this platform. I learned from your experience and advice and used it to apply for my visa.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ebonieblack: 8:36am On Jul 27, 2021
To everyone who got a favorable decision, CONGRATULATIONS and may Canada favour you.

To everyone who was delayed, pull yourselves together order for Gcms and refire...

To those of us still waiting and looking up to God for our favourable decisions, God go do am.... sit back and let's enjoy PPR filled week... wink

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by elenewton1: 8:37am On Jul 27, 2021
Copied from Lianna2020: read below.
Abuja address
Visa Application Centre
Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor
Plot No 1083, Mohammadu Buhari Way,Central Business District
Abuja
Nigeria

Requirement

If you did biometrics in Lagos and want to send to Lagos , no fees is paid .
But If you did biometrics in Lagos and want to send to Abuja , you are paying 7430 to CANADA LOGISTIC COLLECTION ACCOUNT (a/c no 0065165839) sterling bank.
Buy an envelope

put two photocopies of your passport data page

your yellow or white biometrics slip

passport request letter

consent form downloaded and signed

Print out receipts of the 7430 too

Note: you are signing just the second page of the consent form

passport itself

one plain sheet of paper where you can write your address and phone number .

AdoChel:
Thank you so much to everyone. If you're still expecting PPR, it will come through for you very soon. Amen.

Please what's the process for sending passport to Abuja for stamping?

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Iphiegrace(f): 8:37am On Jul 27, 2021
Congratulations Dear
I tap into this testimony
#April30Applicant
Teenie19:
Dear Nairaland family,

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 8:38am On Jul 27, 2021
Aww , congratulations my friendddddd!!!

Ayeeee, don't go to Canada without me oooo .. We need to attend orientation together , lol !! grin grin

shupy:
Omo!!!

You people said it and it happened o!!!

I don't know what some of you saw in the last couple of days but e don finally drop o.

More details later.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Iphiegrace(f): 8:38am On Jul 27, 2021
Congratulations Dear,
I key into your testimony..
It will go round
Amen ��
AdoChel:
PPR has landed ooooo

NSE route. First-time applicant.
Submitted - May 12
Medicals updated to pass - May 17
First update/eligibility - June 21
Second update - June 29
Eligibility stopped. Sent emails, webforms, ordered GCMS notes. Got a bit depressed. The wait was not easy.
Third update - July 22
Restarted eligibility - July 22
PPR and Correspondence request - July 27

Thanks to everyone. This platform is gold.

I typed this testimony Sunday o in faith. Just woke and saw PPR. I'm so grateful

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by dotoracs: 8:42am On Jul 27, 2021
Lemme drop this (it's on how to read GCMS notes) here:

https://www.getgcms.com/blog/how-to-read-and-interpret-the-gcms-notes/
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 8:44am On Jul 27, 2021
My God ,I'm so sorry about this

Aissy:
I just got my refusal letter
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Omankem8(f): 8:45am On Jul 27, 2021
Congratulations ooooo....
It has ended in praise.

AdoChel:
PPR has landed ooooo

Submitted - May 12
Second update - June 29
Eligibility stopped. Sent emails, webforms, ordered GCMS notes. Got a bit depressed. The wait was not easy.
Third update - July 22

I typed this testimony Sunday o in faith. Just woke and saw PPR. I'm so grateful
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by MG007: 8:46am On Jul 27, 2021
Ketima:

They(access) do give. But most branches don't know what it is. So when I insisted and showed them sample, they branch made call to another branch which I don't know, but I presume is lagos or main head branch in imo state, and it was done and copy given to me.

See attached below
thanks chief, I appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by AdoChel(f): 8:47am On Jul 27, 2021
Thank you. Please where do I download the consent form from?

elenewton1:

Copied from Lianna2020: read below.
Abuja address
Visa Application Centre
Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor
Plot No 1083, Mohammadu Buhari Way,Central Business District
Abuja
Nigeria

Requirement

If you did biometrics in Lagos and want to send to Lagos , no fees is paid .
But If you did biometrics in Lagos and want to send to Abuja , you are paying 7430 to CANADA LOGISTIC COLLECTION ACCOUNT (a/c no 0065165839) sterling bank.
Buy an envelope

put two photocopies of your passport data page

your yellow or white biometrics slip

passport request letter

consent form downloaded and signed

Print out receipts of the 7430 too

Note: you are signing just the second page of the consent form

passport itself

one plain sheet of paper where you can write your address and phone number .

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 8:53am On Jul 27, 2021
Congrats sis , I'm next in line.

ikemummy:
PPR just dropped!!!

I applied 30 April 2021 (Non-NSE)
Fully funded Ph.D.

I am so happy. God has done it for me.

Yours is next in Jesus name.

I will share my timeline and documents submitted shortly.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 8:54am On Jul 27, 2021
Congrats FAM!!!

AdoChel:
PPR has landed ooooo

Submitted - May 12
Second update - June 29
Third update - July 22

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 8:56am On Jul 27, 2021
Teeeeeniiieee!!! Omg , I promise I'm not tearing up .. Sending you cyber hugs , big congratulations!!!

Teenie19:
Dear Nairaland family,

Sister's application
Program: Practical nursing May 2021 (Sheridan college)- clearly can't go for May 2021 anymore due to delay, will go for Jan 2022 session!
Upfront medical : April 28, 2021 ( we said let's do medical to see if it will speed things up, lol jokes)
Medical passed: June 14, 2021 (just see how long it took them to update medical!)

What a wait! Basically this application took 5 months and 16 days. I remember I considered withdrawing the application at some point, but you all encouraged me to hold on! During this waiting period, 3 gcms notes were ordered and the fourth one has been ordered as well. All the gcms notes received didn't have much info as eligibility was blank. Each time I got the gcms notes, I was always disappointed that eligibility was blank. Now that I think of it, I guess it's not a bad thing...

I just want to use this medium to thank everyone for their support through out this journey! This is a wonderful platform and we all draw strength and hope from one another! One thing that helped me during the long wait was seeing other people's approval postings. I was always encouraged by those success stories. I remember telling myself that my testimony was near when DD097 and demure got approved as we all applied around the same time and faced this delay..

In short, this is a wonderful platform and I hope more people get to know about the wonderful support we have here! Thanks to all the gurus and everyone that tries to assist others with their questions! If you have any questions for me , please feel free to ask here so others can learn from it ! I'm rooting for all my co- February applicants and any one with a delayed application and of course everyone on here , that you will all get a favourable response soon in Jesus name!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Olaa123: 9:07am On Jul 27, 2021
Teenie19:
Dear Nairaland family,

Sister's application

Omgggg...Teenie
Congratulations dear
Congratulations!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Dukealara: 9:09am On Jul 27, 2021
shupy:
Thank you for all your messages.

Application submitted (NSE o) - April 14

Upfront medicals was done before application was submitted.

Eligibility review status updated - July 21st

PPR and Correspondence letter - July 26th

Like I mentioned here before, my study visa to Australia was denied twice in 2019. I knew my chances were low because I applied for a certificate program (Post-secondary) despite having a BSC already. After the second refusal, I gave up on traveling.

Congratulations Shupy! Thank you for always making impact here. More wins!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ooa1st: 9:09am On Jul 27, 2021
Lol grin grin grin

After all the fight that you both fought, you even told him his head is not correct cheesy cheesy

To lovely individuals, that's what you both are.

We go celebrate you soon Ore.

Oreoluwamipo:
Aww , congratulations my friendddddd!!!

Ayeeee, don't go to Canada without me oooo .. We need to attend orientation together , lol !! grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by amr12: 9:11am On Jul 27, 2021
Teenie19:
Dear Nairaland family,

Sister's application

Good news. Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oyesquare10: 9:11am On Jul 27, 2021
Congratulations!!
Please what did you submit to show that your immediate family will sustain on while you are away?

ikemummy:

Here is my timeline

On 27 July PPR

MY PROFILE:

POF DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED:

4. Payslip for 3 months

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ikemummy(m): 9:11am On Jul 27, 2021
I reside in Abuja and would like to send my Passport this morning through Abuja VFS. Do I need to pay any amount if I did my biometrics in Abuja? Please also send the link to download the consent form for the PPR. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ikemummy(m): 9:14am On Jul 27, 2021
Thanks. I did not submit anything and did not say anything about how my family would be sustained when I leave. I just decided to keep the application as simple as possible. My SOP was just one page.

Oyesquare10:
Congratulations!!
Please what did you submit to show that your immediate family will sustain on while you are away?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 9:20am On Jul 27, 2021
AdoChel:
Thank you. Please where do I download the consent form from?

VFS Consent form (PDF , 68KB)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/475#95633153

Download the above form and fill only the 2nd Page

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oyesquare10: 9:24am On Jul 27, 2021
Thank you
Go and prosper!
I also commend you on your academic results.
ikemummy:
Thanks. I did not submit anything and did not say anything about how my family would be sustained when I leave. I just decided to keep the application as simple as possible. My SOP was just one page.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 27, 2021
Testimonytime:

It’s two years, I have balance of 5,600 for the 2nd semester. Though, I had just about 400k in my personal account. I can’t get them, but God pass them.
ok the 35KCAD was not in your account but your sponsor's account ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Dukealara: 9:26am On Jul 27, 2021
Teenie19:
Dear Nairaland family,

Sister's application

If you ran to nairaland this morning just to read this good news....let's gather here for praise and worship!

I only manage to read through the previous posts as I didn't want to skip any...then I saw Shupy's good news! Wow!

Thank you ever faithful God and we believe that you will perfect that which you have started in the lives of everyone praying and hoping for this type of good news.

It is done!

More Wins to you and your sister! Congratulations Teenie19!

20 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Dukealara: 9:28am On Jul 27, 2021
ikemummy:

Here is my timeline

Congratulations!! More wins!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 27, 2021
shupy:

I believe you're referring to western union global pay. There's an option for bank wire transfer. Thant's Form A. Select it and download the invoice. You will take the invoice to the bank along with documents listed below.
* letter of Offer
* Passport
* Certificate
* NYSC certificate if applicable
It's stated that the invoice is only valid for 72hrs or so but don't worry your payment will be still be processed. Point that out to the bank. Sterling bank, UBA, Union and EcoBank are some of the fastest in payment processing. The estimated Naira equivalent of the dollar amount must be available in the account. All you have to do is wait for debit. Timeframe could be 1 week to a month.
sorry, I have a question concerning that.plz must u have an account with the Bank?.then 2 what is the link for western union Global pay so that I can download the invoice and go to the bank.my biggest headache at the moment is paying my school fees.the rate am hearing from the street is too high compared to the CBN rate.the difference is almost 2 million naira
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by elenewton1: 9:35am On Jul 27, 2021
Congrats man. You don't have to pay to Abuja VFS since your biometrics was done there.
You only pay for 2-way courier service.
All the best man.
I'd send a mail to you as I'm going to Dal this Fall (hoping for PPR soonest by God's grace) for PhD. Moreover, SMU and Dal are quite close.

ikemummy:
I reside in Abuja and would like to send my Passport this morning through Abuja VFS. Do I need to pay any amount if I did my biometrics in Abuja? Please also send the link to download the consent form for the PPR. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Omankem8(f): 9:44am On Jul 27, 2021
Congratulations....I'm super happy for you.
God is awesome.

Teenie19:
Dear Nairaland family,

Sister's application

(1) (2) (3) ... (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.