Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,528 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (456) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (698477 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Iffylove: 9:45am On Jul 27, 2021
Congratulations Shupy.... may canada favour you
shupy:
Thank you for all your messages.

Application submitted (NSE o) - April 14

Upfront medicals was done before application was submitted.

Eligibility review status updated - July 21st

PPR and Correspondence letter - July 26th

Like I mentioned here before, my study visa to Australia was denied twice in 2019. I knew my chances were low because I applied for a certificate program (Post-secondary) despite having a BSC already. After the second refusal, I gave up on traveling.

My sister (sponsor) reached out to me sometime in February and urged me to consider Canada. For some reason, I was of the opinion that masters was the only option. In fact that was the reason I didn't consider Canada in 2019. After some research, I applied for a post graduate certificate in Global Business Management (Centennial College). Got my admission and I applied for student visa in April. The dreadful wait was long despite providing NSE documents. My PPR landed exactly 1:34am. @Teemenzo had stated over the weekend that my
PPR "will come soon like a thief in the night." And sure it did.

I must add that I'm not the most eligible applicant by a long stretch but like I do say, one must make the most out of every circumstance. My profile in it true self wasn't promising but certain things were in place and I leveraged on everything leverageable.

One of my biggest concern was proof of fund. I submitted my mum's account and sister's bussines account. The business account is the primary account. The balance was sufficient but my concern was that funds are never held for long periods (Red flag). She could have 15m today, and in the next couple of days, the balance could be as low as 100k and there was a period the balance was in negative figures -2m. I wrote the sponsorship letters myself, and I buttressed on some point I already stated in my SOP. Such as, Funds are not kept idle in the bank, they're held as inventories. In the sponsorship letter, I also stated my sister has a good standing status with her bank and is eligible to loan and overdraft facility. I mentioned I will be provided a monthly upkeep allowance of 1k cad. In the letter, I emphasized on my genuine access to funds and demonstrated it by having my sister send me 1.5 m to my account as upkeep allowance for the first quarter of my stay in Canada. I stated the date the fund for upkeep and tuition fee was provided to me. I didn't provide my personal account (I no get money sad. ) I transferred the fund provided to my barter virtual card. The card statement and screenshot of my account was submitted. At that time, the 1.5m was equivalent to about 3,200 USD. I would have preferred having the fund in a dormiciliary account of a recognised bank but time was no longer on my side.

In my SOP, I attached pictures where necessary, especially in regards to establishments. I also made my future prospect seem very promising in Nigeria. I disclosed my failures in business. "Setback" was the word I used and how studying in Canada will provide networking opportunities e.t.c I sha try to package myself wella

All in all, I consider myself fortunate and I am thankful to God. The information provided on this thread has been very useful. Special shout-out to @lekiboboe, @justmellow, @Frankrobbn1 and every other person that has one way or the other provided some sort of helpful contribution to this thread. Gracias to you all.

To those awaiting decision, I am wishing you all the best. And to those that got unfavourable decision, I have been in your shoes. If and when you decide to reapply, this community is going to be here for you. We all have the same goal.

Once again, I say thank you for all your messages.

Proof of Fund
• Sponsorship Letter By Sister
• Sponsorship Letter By Mum
• Affidavit Of Sponsorship (sister)
• Affidavit Of Sponsorship (mum)
• Appointment Letter (Sister's own o)
• CAC Documents (Company 1)
• CAC Documents (Company 2)
• CAC Documents (Company 3)
• CAC Documents (Company 4)
• 1st semester Tuition Receipt
• Reference Letter from Zenith Bank (very important when a business account)
• Dollar Card Statement (Flutterwave)
• Dollar Card Screenshot (Flutterwave) 3k USD +
• MyBankStatement Certificate (Personal Account Mum) balance 3m
• MyBankStatement Certificate (Company 2) balance 11m
• Statement Of Account ( Company 3). balance 3m

Letter of Acceptance
• Letter Of Acceptance
• IELTS Result
• University Certificate
• Transcript

Additional or whatever it's called
• Statement Of Purpose
• CV
• National Service Certificate
• Work ID
• Lagos State Tax ID

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 9:51am On Jul 27, 2021
LOL !! I just even got to know he's also attending my school , I'll look for him and make sure he buys me coffee grin grin

Amen to your prayers bro , same wishes!

ooa1st:
Lol grin grin grin

After all the fight that you both fought, you even told him his head is not correct cheesy cheesy

To lovely individuals, that's what you both are.

We go celebrate you soon Ore.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by TennieYF: 9:59am On Jul 27, 2021
Congratulations!!!
AdoChel:
PPR has landed ooooo

NSE route. First-time applicant.
Submitted - May 12
Medicals updated to pass - May 17
First update/eligibility - June 21
Second update - June 29
Eligibility stopped. Sent emails, webforms, ordered GCMS notes. Got a bit depressed. The wait was not easy.
Third update - July 22
Restarted eligibility - July 22
PPR and Correspondence request - July 27

Thanks to everyone. This platform is gold.

I typed this testimony Sunday o in faith. Just woke and saw PPR. I'm so grateful
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Blavkmaann: 10:00am On Jul 27, 2021
Travel D-Day

This feeling is weird, I’m happy coz it’s a dream come thru, I’m sad coz of all my friends and family!

Sha sha sha, I want to go and photocopy all those may many papers

My box tyre just broke, on my way to mandilas to buy new one!

Bright morning in Nigeria!

Getting set to Jakpa!

I still never believe am!!

God go do am for all of una abeg!

If una see me for airport, bill me abeg.....

61 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by TennieYF: 10:03am On Jul 27, 2021
Wow! Wow! Wow!
My namesake I'm so happy for you!!!!! Congratulations!
I didn't even know it was for your sister, I thought it was your application. May Canada favor her!

Teenie19:
Dear Nairaland family,

It has finally dropped ooooo! Glory be to God Almighty!!!!

Sister's application
AOR: Feb 11 2021
Program: Practical nursing May 2021 (Sheridan college)- clearly can't go for May 2021 anymore due to delay, will go for Jan 2022 session!
Upfront medical : April 28, 2021 ( we said let's do medical to see if it will speed things up, lol jokes)
Medical passed: June 14, 2021 (just see how long it took them to update medical!)
Eligibility started: July 23, 2021
PPR and correspondence letter: this morning July 27th @ 4:34am!

What a wait! Basically this application took 5 months and 16 days. I remember I considered withdrawing the application at some point, but you all encouraged me to hold on! During this waiting period, 3 gcms notes were ordered and the fourth one has been ordered as well. All the gcms notes received didn't have much info as eligibility was blank. Each time I got the gcms notes, I was always disappointed that eligibility was blank. Now that I think of it, I guess it's not a bad thing...

I just want to use this medium to thank everyone for their support through out this journey! This is a wonderful platform and we all draw strength and hope from one another! One thing that helped me during the long wait was seeing other people's approval postings. I was always encouraged by those success stories. I remember telling myself that my testimony was near when DD097 and demure got approved as we all applied around the same time and faced this delay..

In short, this is a wonderful platform and I hope more people get to know about the wonderful support we have here! Thanks to all the gurus and everyone that tries to assist others with their questions! If you have any questions for me , please feel free to ask here so others can learn from it ! I'm rooting for all my co- February applicants and any one with a delayed application and of course everyone on here , that you will all get a favourable response soon in Jesus name!

Cheers to more success stories ! grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ishola049(m): 10:14am On Jul 27, 2021
Good morning Teenie19 and congratulations to u please i need ur help i want to pay to sheridan college please how do you pay ur school fees from nigeria this is my whatsapp number +971527645399 please i will like to talk to u.
Thanks. [1quote author=Teenie19 post=104137038]Dear Nairaland family,

Sister's application
Program: Practical nursing May 2021 (Sheridan college)- clearly can't go for May 2021 anymore due to delay, will go for Jan 2022 session!
Upfront medical : April 28, 2021 ( we said let's do medical to see if it will speed things up, lol jokes)
Medical passed: June 14, 2021 (just see how long it took them to update medical!)

What a wait! Basically this application took 5 months and 16 days. I remember I considered withdrawing the application at some point, but you all encouraged me to hold on! During this waiting period, 3 gcms notes were ordered and the fourth one has been ordered as well. All the gcms notes received didn't have much info as eligibility was blank. Each time I got the gcms notes, I was always disappointed that eligibility was blank. Now that I think of it, I guess it's not a bad thing...

I just want to use this medium to thank everyone for their support through out this journey! This is a wonderful platform and we all draw strength and hope from one another! One thing that helped me during the long wait was seeing other people's approval postings. I was always encouraged by those success stories. I remember telling myself that my testimony was near when DD097 and demure got approved as we all applied around the same time and faced this delay..

In short, this is a wonderful platform and I hope more people get to know about the wonderful support we have here! Thanks to all the gurus and everyone that tries to assist others with their questions! If you have any questions for me , please feel free to ask here so others can learn from it ! I'm rooting for all my co- February applicants and any one with a delayed application and of course everyone on here , that you will all get a favourable response soon in Jesus name!

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by possessor1: 10:15am On Jul 27, 2021
Some employers give study leave of 2 years.

RollyA:
undergrad may not work. it is not logical for any employer to give you study leave for more than 1 year if you ask me

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Febisola007: 10:15am On Jul 27, 2021
Hi Guys my friend applied for his study visa this year March with upfront medicals, he got a request letter from IRCC to send an updated Letter of Acceptance from his school, he sent it early this morning around 2 am for September intake, he got a correspondence letter from IRCC around 9am for the validity of his biometrics (BVL). Please is everything ok? He's really scared

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mamatee2: 10:16am On Jul 27, 2021
Congratulations!

ikemummy:
PPR just dropped!!!

I applied 30 April 2021 (Non-NSE)
Fully funded Ph.D.

I am so happy. God has done it for me.

Yours is next in Jesus name.

I will share my timeline and documents submitted shortly.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mamatee2: 10:19am On Jul 27, 2021
Congratulations!

AdoChel:
PPR has landed ooooo

NSE route. First-time applicant.
Submitted - May 12
Medicals updated to pass - May 17
First update/eligibility - June 21
Second update - June 29
Eligibility stopped. Sent emails, webforms, ordered GCMS notes. Got a bit depressed. The wait was not easy.
Third update - July 22
Restarted eligibility - July 22
PPR and Correspondence request - July 27

Thanks to everyone. This platform is gold.

I typed this testimony Sunday o in faith. Just woke and saw PPR. I'm so grateful

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Chisolove3: 10:20am On Jul 27, 2021
[Dem no born them well not to give you PPR...haaa...see portfolio.... Congratulations guy! And I tap from this testimony!!

quote author=ikemummy post=104138652]LONG POST ALERT ABOUT MY PPR:

Here is my timeline
On 30 April-Application submitted (Non-NSE)
On 4 May-Biometrics completed
On 7 May-NSE request (MyBankStatement and IELTS)
On 19 May-Upfront medical updated to pass
On 19 May-I noticed ghost update
On 28 May- I Responded to NSE request with letter of explanation sent through my GCKEY not webform. I attached my masters transcript and highlighted where it was written that English is the means of communication and instruction. I tried to convince them in the letter that I am proficient in English and all my education prom primary to masters has been in English. However, I attached proof of registration for IELTS to be written on 18 August. I registered for the IELTS not for study visa but because I intend to apply for PR through EE shortly after I land Canada (the Goal is to become a Citizen before completing PhD). I did not submit submit MBS but attached my funding letter and told them that my studies will be sponsored by the University.

On 23 June, I got scared that my visa may be rejected due to financial reasons and sent MBS through webform. I did not send it earlier because my account balance was less than 400k. I had my Dad do me a gift deed of 2 million on 22 June before I sent the MBS. I also attached my upadated pension statement of account.
On 4 July, I sent my Covid Vaccination completion Certificate (online copy with QR code) through webform.
On 6 July, I sent a webform and appealed for a decision to enable me to arrive early for Fall semester. I attached my confirmation of enrollment letter.

On 14 July I sent another appeal for a decision on my application.
On 23 July, another ghost update and eligibility review started
On 27 July PPR

MY PROFILE:
1. Age: 27 yrs
2. B.Sc: First Class (University of Nigeria Nsukka, 2015)
3. Masters: First class (University of the Western Cape South Africa, 2020), very related to my PhD
4. Travel history: 6 months in Germany for Research Internship with the United Nations, 2 years in South Africa for studies.
5. Scholarship: Received the German government fully funded DAAD scholarship for masters.
6. Career: Have been working as an academic staff in the University since NYSC

POF DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED:
1. Admission letter stating graduate funding of $28,816 CDN for the first year, and that funding could be maintained with good academic performance.
2. Supervisor support letter stating she will provide me with comprehensive funding (but she did not specify the value of the funding)
3. Two million in my account
4. I received support letter from my University which also states that they will authorize leave for me. I used that to claim in my SOP that they will pay me while on leave.

HOME TIES DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED:
1. 2 bedroom apartment in my name worth 12.5 million Naira
2. My pension account of over 900k
3. Letter from the Vice Chancellor of the University supporting my studies and stating that I will be granted leave
4. Payslip for 3 months
5. Marriage certificate and birth certificate of my child

Thanks to everyone on this platform. I learned from your experience and advice and used it to apply for my visa.

I pray that God will give you your own PPR soonest.
[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Amenmay: 10:20am On Jul 27, 2021
Good Morning all, I hope you all are doing well. I have a singular honor to congratulate all those that have gotten their PPR approved. For some couple of days now I have been emotionally down because my agent (Ufitfly) has been the main reason for the delay I’m experiencing in my study permit. Ufitfly has made payment for my visa application fee 2times, I keep receiving chargeback letters from the embassy. I have taken away the work from them. Now the third payment was done on July 13, 2021 by a family relative currently living in Canada payment receipt together with explanation letter has been forwarded to the embassy till today nothing has change in my application even to pass my medical. I deferred my admission from May 03, to September 08, 2021. Now is embassy going to treat my application as July or still January as nothing has been done in my application. Agent(s) no help at all.
Chargeback Timeline:
First payment: January 23, 2021 submitted application, January 28, 2021 Biometrics.
April 21, 2021 I received a chargeback letter from the embassy. On April 28, 2021 second payment was made by Ufitfly my agent. Payment receipt together with explanation letter uploaded to embassy. Got mad on July 7, 2021 as I received a second chargeback letter. Immediately I saw the letter I put a call to Ufitfly that they should STOP with whatever thing they are doing and handover my application details to me as my life is not safe in their hands on july 12, 2021 the returned 99k I paid them as at January I paid them for the visa application and my login details. You see how wicked Nigerian agent(s) are playing with somebody’s future.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mamatee2: 10:23am On Jul 27, 2021
Teenie oooooooo!!!!! Congratulations!
It has ended in praise at last. I'm so happy for you.

Teenie19:
Dear Nairaland family,

Sister's application

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Goodbetterbest: 10:23am On Jul 27, 2021
Good morning everyone. Let me ask.

Have you ever heard someone was refused in error. The refusal was letter reversed in the same application not that the person reapplied. Has anyone ever heard of such?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 10:24am On Jul 27, 2021
Febisola007:
Hi Guys my friend applied for his study visa this year March with upfront medicals, he got a request letter from IRCC to send an updated Letter of Acceptance from his school, he sent it early this morning around 2 am for September intake, he got a correspondence letter from IRCC around 9am for the validity of his biometrics (BVL). Please is everything ok? He's really scared

If he has done medicals,

Tell him congratulations.. He will get a ppr

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jeff5gold: 10:25am On Jul 27, 2021
Blavkmaann:
Travel D-Day

This feeling is weird, I’m happy coz it’s a dream come thru, I’m sad coz of all my friends and family!

Sha sha sha, I want to go and photocopy all those may many papers

My box tyre just broke, on my way to mandilas to buy new one!

Bright morning in Nigeria!

Getting set to Jakpa!

I still never believe am!!

God go do am for all of una abeg!

If una see me for airport, bill me abeg.....

When u Dey move?....make I mark you to bill you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Bioles1187(m): 10:25am On Jul 27, 2021
Teenie19:
Dear Nairaland family,

Sister's application

Am so happy for you...the land will favour you inshallah
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Febisola007: 10:32am On Jul 27, 2021
Yes he has
Anon123:

If he has done medicals,

Tell him congratulations.. He will get a ppr
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Amicableoga: 10:35am On Jul 27, 2021
Please who is the the MP for London ontario. Is there anything like MP representing a University?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 10:36am On Jul 27, 2021
Amenmay:
Good Morning all, I hope you all are doing well. I have a singular honor to congratulate all those that have gotten their PPR approved. For some couple of days now I have been emotionally down because my agent (Ufitfly) has been the main reason for the delay I’m experiencing in my study permit. Ufitfly has made payment for my visa application fee 2times, I keep receiving chargeback letters from the embassy. I have taken away the work from them. Now the third payment was done on July 13, 2021 by a family relative currently living in Canada payment receipt together with explanation letter has been forwarded to the embassy till today nothing has change in my application even to pass my medical. I deferred my admission from May 03, to September 08, 2021. Now is embassy going to treat my application as July or still January as nothing has been done in my application. Agent(s) no help at all.
Chargeback Timeline:
First payment: January 23, 2021 submitted application, January 28, 2021 Biometrics.
April 21, 2021 I received a chargeback letter from the embassy. On April 28, 2021 second payment was made by Ufitfly my agent. Payment receipt together with explanation letter uploaded to embassy. Got mad on July 7, 2021 as I received a second chargeback letter. Immediately I saw the letter I put a call to Ufitfly that they should STOP with whatever thing they are doing and handover my application details to me as my life is not safe in their hands on july 12, 2021 the returned 99k I paid them as at January I paid them for the visa application and my login details. You see how wicked Nigerian agent(s) are playing with somebody’s future.

Good
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 10:36am On Jul 27, 2021
Goodbetterbest:
Good morning everyone. Let me ask.

Have you ever heard someone was refused in error. The refusal was letter reversed in the same application not that the person reapplied. Has anyone ever heard of such?
Yes, I have heard of Application being approved in Error and consequently reversed. It can also happen to a Refused Application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 10:37am On Jul 27, 2021
Febisola007:
Yes he has

Its a PPR bro.. He should relax.. By end of the day or latest tomorrow morning, the ppr will drop
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 10:38am On Jul 27, 2021
Amicableoga:
Please who is the the MP for London ontario. Is there anything like MP representing a University?

For the bolded, NO!

MPs represent provinces..

You will need to research to get the info on who is representing Ontario..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Febisola007: 10:42am On Jul 27, 2021
Thank you so much.
Anon123:

Its a PPR bro.. He should relax.. By end of the day or latest tomorrow morning, the ppr will drop
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 10:47am On Jul 27, 2021
It seems IRCC intends to meet the August 5 deadline. A very big congratulations to @Teenie19 @AdoChel @ikemummy. May it go round

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JosephYemsol(m): 10:48am On Jul 27, 2021
Manasir:
Pls what is the full meaning of ppr?

PassPort Request...

One of the most important abbreviation of all time...

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 10:49am On Jul 27, 2021
Oreoluwamipo:
Aww , congratulations my friendddddd!!!

Ayeeee, don't go to Canada without me oooo .. We need to attend orientation together , lol !! grin grin

Hahahaha...certainly!!! We await your announcement. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ethnosadex: 10:53am On Jul 27, 2021
Please, I just submitted my Canada study permit application and I misunderstood the the question " Have you ever been refused visa under the background information section. How can I correct the information and to declair my UK visa refusal? Please advise on how to go about it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankalvinz(m): 10:53am On Jul 27, 2021
Good morning all,

For those that did their Upfront Medicals after their applications have already begun processing.
Did you send the 'E-Medical' information sheet to IRCC yourself via Webform or was everything handled by the Clinic without you sending anything?

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JosephYemsol(m): 10:58am On Jul 27, 2021
Febisola007:

Na PPR next . E sure me die...

Relax, God don do am

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 10:59am On Jul 27, 2021
Febisola007:
Updated Letter Of Acceptance? Was there any form of Updates in the Letter Of Acceptance? Or he just resubmitted the first one?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 11:01am On Jul 27, 2021
Enjay316:
sorry, I have a question concerning that.plz must u have an account with the Bank?.then 2 what is the link for western union Global pay so that I can download the invoice and go to the bank.my biggest headache at the moment is paying my school fees.the rate am hearing from the street is too high compared to the CBN rate.the difference is almost 2 million naira
Not necessarily you. Whoever fills the form A must be an account holder. They can submit everything on your behalf. What payment option is available for your school? Is it flywire or CIBC?. They all have international bank transfer which enables you to download the invoice to take to the bank.

(1) (2) (3) ... (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.