Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,292 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (495) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (685344 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by atiteb4: 4:43pm On Jul 30, 2021
SweetJJ:
Ok, I ordered mine since June 15th or so, around 11th of July, I got a reply that I should give them 60days more to process. I ordered another one on the 12th of July or so. I haven't received anything yet. I don't even know why it is delaying

what? Did u order from ircc or third party website?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by jfrazzy(m): 4:43pm On Jul 30, 2021
LoadedHollow:
Omg I’m typing this with tears in my eyes. I applied for study permit since November 16 2020 but after emailing for the past 2 weeks and messaging an MP yesterday, the application is out. I’ve been rejected for personal asset and financial status. The thing is that the account used had millions of naira but rejected still. It’s been years since the last time I shed a tear but today, I shed them like a little baby. I don’t know what to do right now
Kenya Nairobi people are wicked
But I believe my own will end with success, stand up and apply for UK.. is not the end ,they have made there decisions but God decisions is different from them

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 4:44pm On Jul 30, 2021
jfrazzy:

Outstanding debt, but I have paid since 15th July and it has reflected on my Application account as received

Alright.

Focus on the few last pages. Take time to preview it.

If nothing else, then the final decision is on the senior V.O(s).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by theboyy: 4:44pm On Jul 30, 2021
Hi guys, please can someone explain what a ghost update is?
God bless everyone here amen!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 4:45pm On Jul 30, 2021
Baresi86:

Thanks so much brotherly,
My friend was refused yesterday - 2nd refusal - he has not been himself since then.

Applied May12th - Refused 29th July

Reason: Personal assets & financial status only

I hv adviced him to order for his GCMS notes & refire the 3rd time.

However, I need the gurus help & guidance this time.
@Lekibiboe, JustMellow & others.

Thanks

Hello Baresi86,

You have advised the said person accordingly. The notes will help the person get adequate insights and approaches on how to address the denial reasons. It will be best if you ask the person to come to Nairaland to feed on some knowledge.

Cheers

Best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OCT202020: 4:49pm On Jul 30, 2021
LoadedHollow:
Omg I’m typing this with tears in my eyes. I applied for study permit since November 16 2020 but after emailing for the past 2 weeks and messaging an MP yesterday, the application is out. I’ve been rejected for personal asset and financial status. The thing is that the account used had millions of naira but rejected still. It’s been years since the last time I shed a tear but today, I shed them like a little baby. I don’t know what to do right now

This is heart wrecking and I can feel your pain, please stay strong,this is where you need a very healthy mental and emotional strength to draw from and put you in control. It's not easy and I must say I'm so sorry about this.

I always believe there's a reason for everything,but as mere human being, there are limits to what we can know and understand.

Please pull yourself together,relax ,request for your gcms note, refire and let God handle the rest. He will grant you your heart desire.
What God can't do, doesn't exist and I know it will surely end in praise.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 4:49pm On Jul 30, 2021
theboyy:
Hi guys, please can someone explain what a ghost update is?
God bless everyone here amen!

It means a final decision is INCOMING
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by LoadedHollow: 4:54pm On Jul 30, 2021
writing to an mp helped in getting feedback for me
nue11a:
Hello, I'm new to this forum. I applied for my study permit June 2020 for the fall 2020 and since then, I haven't heard anything from IRCC. I've done my biometrics and upfront medical which I've passed but I still haven't gotten a response. I have already completed one year of study at home and I have informed them and sent many webforms concerning my application but I've only gotten the generic reply. Will writing to an mp help and if so do I have to use the email I used to apply for my study permit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by theboyy: 4:58pm On Jul 30, 2021
Anon123:

It means a final decision is INCOMING

Okay but how do I identify one/ know if i got a ghost update if that makes sense
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 5:02pm On Jul 30, 2021
theboyy:

Okay but how do I identify one/ know if i got a ghost update if that makes sense

Like the name "ghost". you get a mail from IRCC saying you have an update, you go to your portal and you dont see jack.. Thats the ghost
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OCT202020: 5:02pm On Jul 30, 2021
nabilahka:
Alhamdulillah! I just got my PPR !

—Something weird happened, on the 23rd of July 2021, a day after my medicals, i got a call from Deputy high commision of Canada in Lagos, the lady told me she was calling to ask if i had done my medicals. I was so confused because i had never heard of anyone that was called by them.

They recognize how special you are .
Congratulations.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 5:16pm On Jul 30, 2021
GodsGabby:
Hello house,

Please i have few questions to ask y'all and gurus in the house too.
I graduated with Upper credit(3.16, 3.09)respectively in ND and HND business Admin.

1) Will i be able to apply for MBA programs with that, does canada see ND and HND as 4 years program?

2)If i am to apply for PGD, do i need both degrees or just HND alone with Waec cert?

3)Please does Canada universities and colleges accept WES EVALUATED TRANSCRIPT, this is because my school said they dont give student copy transcript lipsrsealed, that they can only send it directly to WES or to the school.

Please house, sending it to each school i want to apply to will cost me 75k each and it will waste alot of time before they even send or receive, i feel so down and discouraged already with this development.

4)Please those that applied to Colleges(Humber, Cambrian,Seneca)etc and any university with your ND and HND, how did you do it, did u use Wes too?

5)what does statement of mark mean?
I saw it as a requirement for humber college nd im confused.

Please gurus and those that have gained admission plz reply. Let me be Encouraged make depression no enter abeg.

@shupy
@frankrobbn1
@justmellow
@lekiboboe and everyone with experience and ideas.

Hello GodsGabby,

Before the gurus come to drop their profound thoughts on your situation, you may want to consider a PGD study in a college using an unofficial transcript copy.

Most colleges accept unofficial transcripts, but colleges like NBCC & NSCC will likely demand an official transcript. Look at DLIs in Ontario province. The ones you shortlisted are equally recommended DLIs.

If you intend to apply to multiple universities that offer GC or GD programs, and for some obvious reason want to use WES evaluation, you can use the WES ICAP option. Meaning, WES will forward both your report and transcript to the universities.

A Statement of Mark is a mark sheet that contains a student score at the end of each semester. It is commonly used by departments and could be considered as an unofficial transcript as it serves the same purpose. Check Google for better understanding.

Best of Luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SweetJJ: 5:19pm On Jul 30, 2021
Cbsa
atiteb4:
what? Did u order from ircc or third party website?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SweetJJ: 5:23pm On Jul 30, 2021
The two times I have gotten a ghost update, they didn't even send a mail.

I would rather say, a ghost update is when you login to your profile and see instead of 'submitted' you see 'Application/Profile updated' but when you open your application properly you wouldn't see any update.

Anon123:

Like the name "ghost". you get a mail from IRCC saying you have an update, you go to your portal and you dont see jack.. Thats the ghost

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 5:23pm On Jul 30, 2021
AbiodunMobi2025:
Please house I need your help, most especially those who has witness the situation before. I submitted my application on March 23 but shortly after fulfilling my NSE request on May 4, my eligibility review change to in progress. I did upfront medical on July 7 and immediately after my medical was passed on July 15 my eligibility review changes from in progress to yet to commence. Kinda worried what this means, as to y eligibility can be stopped after it has initially commenced. What can I do. I don't understand the meaning.

@frank @ lekki @ justmellow @ all

Hello AbiodunMobi2025,

Relax, this is normal especially when a new attached is submitted and being reviewed to see if you still meet the eligibility ground which the application was initially assessed or could be some other reasons. The most important thing is that you have nothing to fuss about.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JosephYemsol(m): 5:23pm On Jul 30, 2021
chykemumen:
Me too. We might need a group to connect everyone

Yes please oooo

I v been asking for this a long time..

I'd advise we don't restrict it to session, cos me am Jan 2022 intake
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by demure178(m): 5:24pm On Jul 30, 2021
Teenie19:
Hi demeure178,

You will eventually renew your passport in Canada close to expiry date. After your program’s completion , you can then apply for pgwp with your new passport. Hope this helps?

I am going for a year program, will they give me pgwp for enough pr point?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 30, 2021
Hello House,

I am moving from my apartment at southend Halifax to another apartment at Dartmouth Nova Scotia.

I am looking for a someone (preferably female) to takeover my spot. (A big living room: no-sharing).

Rent is 395 CAD per month this does not include internet and electricity.

Move in date 1 Sep 2021.

Please send an email if interested. It's a 2 bedroom currently occupied by two nice Indian girls.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by flexerking(m): 5:30pm On Jul 30, 2021
MaziOkeke007:
For a resumption date of 7th September, when is the right time to book flight?
from august 8

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jumsss24: 5:35pm On Jul 30, 2021
Good evening all, I submitted my application in March and after a request letter, I got medical request on the 14th of July. I passed the medical and on the 22nd of July and that they are reviewing my application. Up till now I’ve not gotten any reply and all the people we did the exam the same day have gotten their ppr. Should I be scared? Also, I have alternate intakes for September/January 2022

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Omiinii: 5:37pm On Jul 30, 2021
Please I'd like for memorial university of Newfoundland
elenewton1:
Hon. James Cumming

James.Cumming@parl.gc.ca

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 5:38pm On Jul 30, 2021
Jumsss24:
Good evening all, I submitted my application in March and after a request letter, I got medical request on the 14th of July. I passed the medical and on the 22nd of July and that they are reviewing my application. Up till now I’ve not gotten any reply and all the people we did the exam the same day have gotten their ppr. Should I be scared? Also, I have alternate intakes for September/January 2022

I'm sure you will get PPR before the said Aug 6.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 30, 2021
I applied may 13. School resumes sept 7th
Anon123:

Once your application has gone beyond the standard processing time..

How old is your app and when is your resumption date?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 5:40pm On Jul 30, 2021
Shommyface:
IT'S PPR!!!

LONG POST!!!!

MY GcKEY WATCH IS OVER!!!

#NairaLand Silent Reader Since 2018.

First and foremost, I want to thank God for this. The journey began in 2018, when I was finishing my Bsc in Malaysia. I applied to University of Calgary (Msc of Computer Science Thesis) 2018 after graduating with First Class in Malaysia, but UCalgary rejected me. In the same year, I applied to 5 different top universities and was rejected by all of them. Then, in 2020 I was so desperate, I applied to 10 top schools in different provinces and was rejected from all the 10. In my mind I was like, are they doing me from home?

I didnt give up, I didnt relent.

Then, in October 2020, I applied to only three of the schools I had been applying to (UCalgary, UAlberta, and UWaterloo), and by March 8, I received a response from UCalgary, who offered me admission with a FULL FUNDING of CAD 54,000 SCHOLARSHIP, meanwhile, my tuition is only CAD 16,000 for the two-year program (I was like, Ehn ehn, Good news at the end)

Then I started working on my SP application. Thanks especially to JustMellow of GCMSWriters; I contacted him and he wrote me a fantastic SOP; in fact, I was smiling as I read it.

Bro!

Mighty congratulations and prosper in every endeavours. This man gave me a full goat.

I will be picking 10 SOPs/LOEs here on Nairaland for either rewrite or vetting for free. But the prospective applicant must be following GCMSWriters on IG, Telegram, or Twitter. Selection will be done randomly.

Cheers!

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 5:41pm On Jul 30, 2021
From my understanding, one year program will give you 1 yr pgwp. After working, you can apply for PR under CEC stream and their cut off points are much lower than the FSW stream.

demure178:

I am going for a year program, will they give me pgwp for enough pr point?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jumsss24: 5:45pm On Jul 30, 2021
lawfree638:

I'm sure you will get PPR before the said Aug 6.
I really hope so, thank you �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by elenewton1: 5:50pm On Jul 30, 2021
Hon. Seamus O'Regan

Seamus.ORegan@parl.gc.ca

Omiinii:
Please I'd like for memorial university of Newfoundland
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by elenewton1: 5:56pm On Jul 30, 2021
Hey man!! Hope you good.
Keep strong mate. God's got us!!

EmeeNaka:
August 6th is almost here. We should just hope IRCC acts well but surely, I doubt they plan to follow their August 6th promise. There is nothing to suggest they're working towards that.
We should just be hopeful and keep praying. God is the only answer. It will end in joy and praise. Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ysakaws1: 6:09pm On Jul 30, 2021
Who is traveling to University of Winnipeg or University of Manitoba by August and wants to share a 2 bedroom apartment? 50% rent and bills.

I’m a male in my early 20s
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by sweetchi2411: 6:12pm On Jul 30, 2021
LoadedHollow:

So sorry about this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Demmy10: 6:12pm On Jul 30, 2021
elenewton1:
Hon. David McGuinty

David.McGuinty@parl.gc.ca

Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by sweetchi2411: 6:13pm On Jul 30, 2021
Jioke1994:
Hi @spectro,
Congrats!

I was refused on Monday.
Pls, can u give me your whatsapp number.
I want to ask some questions about home tie.
I saw your post, and that's why I chose to message u.
Tnx.
Congratulations!

So sorry about the delay

(1) (2) (3) ... (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.