Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,903 members, 7,821,144 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (497) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (692625 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Steph1738aye: 9:36pm On Jul 30, 2021
I’m always sooo happy to see PPR news!
Congratulations!!!
Anyone currently waiting or taking some time off or even planning to reapply. You will definitely get yours amen!
patty10:
May God’s name be praised. After the long wait, especially after receiving bvl on the 25th of June without any further request, I almost lost my mind, but God came through. May God come through for everyone expecting PPR on this platform. Amen.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 9:37pm On Jul 30, 2021
patty10:
May God’s name be praised. After the long wait, especially after receiving bvl on the 25th of June without any further request, I almost lost my mind, but God came through. May God come through for everyone expecting PPR on this platform. Amen.

Congratulations bro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Abimbola15: 9:38pm On Jul 30, 2021
Testimonytime:
Congratulations.

congratulationssss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Spectro: 9:38pm On Jul 30, 2021
Leyemoshood:

Congratulations on your PPR.

Spectro, can you please state the reason for your refusal the first time, and how you tackled it plus the time difference between when you got the refusal and the reapplication. I believe this will help a lot of people repackaging their application.

Thanks a lot for this.

I was refused June 9. I wanted to reapply June 10, but I hadn't paid tuition.

So I went to Stanbic bank on June 10 to open a current account. I had to wait for a week before getting the new account. And so, on June 17, I filled in Form A for tuition payment. It took two weeks to process tuition payment... I don't know why.

I still waited for my university to send receipt, so that was like another four days or so. I got debited on Friday, and had to wait till Tuesday to get my CIBC receipt. And then I got payment receipt from the University a day after.

On July 4, I vetted all documents, LOE... They were all 3.95+mb for each section. July 6, I submitted my application.

Reasons for my first refusal
1. Purpose of visit
2. Home tie

I wrote two separate LOEs to tackle both; one for each concern. Honestly, one LOE should suffice, but I was determined to make this my last application. I decided to give it my best.

Purpose of visit was a wrong judgment by the VOs. So I explained in 4 pages why there must have been a misunderstanding. I did serious explanation, breaking things down.

But most importantly, I was honest and revealed my vulnerable side. Since I knew I wasn't doing anything wrong, I decided to be myself. My intentions were real, not deceitful, and my goals were clearly stated.

Hometies had about 6 pages explanation. I was very particular about this one. I just had to write it to the best of my ability. Again, Honesty worked for me. I revealed some very personal reasons I would have to come back home. And then, I made mention of several assets.

One thing with home tie is, there are four types, I believe...

Hometie to one's spouse, children, or parents... Explanation must be exhaustive.
Hometie to one's land, business, houses
Hometie to community responsibilities, roles... Sufficient proof must be provided
Hometie to place of work... Employer gives you a study leave.

I noticed one thing.

SOP (or LOE) is very very very important.

Whatever you state in your LOE/SOP, attach documents to prove them.

This is why each section of my application space was approximately 4mb.

Thanks a lot once again

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by patty10: 9:38pm On Jul 30, 2021
Ysakaws1:
Who is traveling to University of Winnipeg by August and wants to share a 2 bedroom apartment? 50% rent and bills.

Are you a male or a female?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by raptor2: 9:38pm On Jul 30, 2021
Congratulations
God be praised
I too will soon testify

quote author=patty10 post=104261739]May God’s name be praised. After the long wait, especially after receiving bvl on the 25th of June without any further request, I almost lost my mind, but God came through. May God come through for everyone expecting PPR on this platform. Amen. [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SweetJJ: 9:41pm On Jul 30, 2021
When was the last time you ordered through cbsa? Or is it just mine? I ordered on the 16th of June, then on the 11th of July, they sent a mail that It will take extra 60days. I ordered another one on the 21st through cbsa and ordered another through ircc on the 15th of July, I haven't received any one. Please anyone with this kind of experience?

boyemfic:

Order from thegcmsonline.com
Go for cbsa option, if you are been delayed.. it takes 10 days for delivery.. so fast, so you will be able to fire back
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by maralina: 9:42pm On Jul 30, 2021
Hey guys, anyone going to humber college this fall and has gotten their enrolment letter?
Seems humber doesn’t give enrolment letter, Because my brother has contacted them several times but to no avail. Please help
Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Bayor65: 9:55pm On Jul 30, 2021
Please, Kindly reply
Blazca:
How do I know which mp to mail please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Kudiratu28(f): 9:58pm On Jul 30, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 9:58pm On Jul 30, 2021
Imlicious:
Hello everyone please i need an urgent clarification. My passport just got a little burnt and I dont know if this will affect me when i send my passport upon request. Please i need urgent clarification The data page is perfectly okay, I just got my ppr I have less then 30 day to submit my passport

P.S it just got burnt today the logistic company misplaced my passport and a woman found it where she was burning dirty
Send VFS an email and include pictures. They are in a better position to answer you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 9:59pm On Jul 30, 2021
Juwon21:
Good evening House,
I want to know is there possibility of getting admitted with a third class for a masters program at any university in Canada or has anyone seen or heard of any in the thread.
Your best bet is a post graduate diploma/certificate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by amiecandie: 10:00pm On Jul 30, 2021
patty10:

Congratulations, great news.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by curious123: 10:01pm On Jul 30, 2021
Good evening everyone please I have an issue. I graduated from university with a Bsc about 10 years ago, currently have over 5 years experience and will like to study in Canada. However my school cannot find my 200l transcript which is bringing back and forth (dragging this for almost 3 years). Can I apply for 2 year diploma because I will require transcript to apply for a post graduate course. Please what do you think? Thank you in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mamatee2: 10:23pm On Jul 30, 2021
Congratulations!

patty10:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Iphiegrace(f): 10:31pm On Jul 30, 2021
Yay!!!!!
Finally, congratulations Dear. As if I knew it was coming and I was asking.
I submitted same day too. May I ask what time you submitted grin
patty10:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by jfrazzy(m): 10:33pm On Jul 30, 2021
Icesnow:
Thank u very much. How do I move from there? By doing another masters . I know it's easier to get visa but on what basis. Education?
Yes getting an UK visa won't be a bad idea
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Iphiegrace(f): 10:34pm On Jul 30, 2021
Put an LOE and send, it’s not so bad.
God saved your most precious item.
It’s a big testimony. Village people be no want make you comot...
Imlicious:
Hello everyone please i need an urgent clarification. My passport just got a little burnt and I dont know if this will affect me when i send my passport upon request. Please i need urgent clarification The data page is perfectly okay, I just got my ppr I have less then 30 day to submit my passport

P.S it just got burnt today the logistic company misplaced my passport and a woman found it where she was burning dirty

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by jayifeanyi1234: 10:36pm On Jul 30, 2021
Big congrats to you, Spectro. What a testimony!!!.
Indeed, what He cannot do,does not exist !!!.

Concerning your question, I think you can do your Fall studies online from your location, but MUST be in Canada on or b4 the 31st Dec.

Blessings.

quote author=Spectro post=104241472]Guys, I have a question to ask.

If I decide to travel in November, instead of September, will it be a problem? I intend to take classes online before finally moving so as to minimize expenses.

Fall semester this year is online for us... I don't wanna spend on accommodation when I can simply take my classes from here. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 10:39pm On Jul 30, 2021
patty10:

Congratulations.... It ended in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Gentledaf(m): 10:41pm On Jul 30, 2021
Bunmijab:
Guys please has anyone booked for boimetrics recently, cause an agent was telling me that presently there are no available dates till January

Please how true is this?

Biometrics? I don't think so , If you have the biometrics instruction letter book it yourself.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 10:44pm On Jul 30, 2021
Yes you can but you have to able to convince VO about progression.

curious123:
Good evening everyone please I have an issue. I graduated from university with a Bsc about 10 years ago, currently have over 5 years experience and will like to study in Canada. However my school cannot find my 200l transcript which is bringing back and forth (dragging this for almost 3 years). Can I apply for 2 year diploma because I will require transcript to apply for a post graduate course. Please what do you think? Thank you in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Omankem8(f): 10:46pm On Jul 30, 2021
Congratulations shupy....
See as my heart leapt for joy.

You deserve this, you do so much.

Patty10. Congratulations ❤️

Dear God. Thank you. You're good and kind to us.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jul 30, 2021
Triple Congratulations to you......

Shommyface:
IT'S PPR!!!

LONG POST!!!!

MY GcKEY WATCH IS OVER!!!

#NairaLand Silent Reader Since 2018.

First and foremost, I want to thank God for this. The journey began in 2018, when I was finishing my Bsc in Malaysia. I applied to University of Calgary (Msc of Computer Science Thesis) 2018 after graduating with First Class in Malaysia, but UCalgary rejected me. In the same year, I applied to 5 different top universities and was rejected by all of them. Then, in 2020 I was so desperate, I applied to 10 top schools in different provinces and was rejected from all the 10. In my mind I was like, are they doing me from home?

I didnt give up, I didnt relent.

Then, in October 2020, I applied to only three of the schools I had been applying to (UCalgary, UAlberta, and UWaterloo), and by March 8, I received a response from UCalgary, who offered me admission with a FULL FUNDING of CAD 54,000 SCHOLARSHIP, meanwhile my tuition is only CAD 16,000 for the two-year program (I was like, Ehn ehn, Good news at the end)

Then I started working on my SP application. Thanks especially to JustMellow of GCMSWriters; I contacted him and he wrote me a fantastic SOP; in fact, I was smiling as I read it.

It took me nearly two months to package all of my documents, and on May 1st, I submitted my application.

Let me add that during each application, I sent hundreds, if not thousands, of messages to potential supervisors before I could finally secured one.

TIMELINE.
■ AGE: 33
■ SCHOOL: UNIVERSITY OF CALGARY
■ COURSE: MSC COMPUTER SCIENCE THESIS (My research will be focused on Softwares for Virtual Reality and Games)
■ SUBMITTED APPLICATION ON MAY 1ST
UPFRONT MEDICAL.
■ I GOT NSE REQUEST TO SUBMIT IELTS BUT I REPLIED THEM WITH A LETTER FROM MY UNDERGRADUATE UNI AND A LETTER FROM UCALGARY STATING THAT ENGLISH IS MY FIRST LANGUAGE.
■ ELIGIBILITY: STARTED ON 22ND JULY.
■ PPR: CAME IN THIS MORNING: 27TH JULY
■ FIRST TIME APPLICANT.
■ MARRIED IN 2020 AND JUST HAD A BABY ON 13TH JULY.

DOCUMENT SUBMITTED (I made a Table of Content for each Section and made it automatically clickable so that it wouldn't bother my beautiful VO if she needed to find any of my documents.)

CLIENT INFORMATION SECTION
1. STATEMENT OF PURPOSE (4 Pages Written by JustMellow)

2. FAMILY
(i) FAMILY TREE
(ii) FAMILY PICTURES
(iii) FAMILY BIRTH CERTIFICATES
(iv) MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE (I got married in February 2020)
(v) WIFE INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT BIO DATA PAGE
(vi) WEDDING PICTURES
(vii) WIFE PREGNANCY PHOTOSHOOT
(viii) WIFE PREGNANCY SCAN REPORT

3. LANDED PROPERTIES/ASSET

(I) MY ONGOING BUILDING PROJECT
(a) VALUATION REPORT FROM JIDE TAIWO & CO (worth N18m)
(b) DEED OF AGREEMENT
(c) SURVEY PLAN
(d) ARCHITECTURAL BUILDING DESIGN
(e) PICTURES OF THE PROGRESS OF THE BUILDING FROM FOUNDATION TO ROOFING LEVEL

(II) MY 2ND LANDED PROPERTY
(a) VALUATION REPORT FROM JIDE TAIWO & CO (worth N5m)
(b) DEED OF AGREEMENT
(c) PICTURES OF THE BUILDING

(III) MY CAR DOCUMENTS

4 NON PROFIT CHARITY ORGANIZATION (Me and my wife founded a Charity organizations in 2017)
(i) THE CHARITY ORGANIZATION INSTAGRAM PAGE AND MY I.D
(ii) NIGERIA OUTREACH PICTURES
(iii) MALAYSIA OUTREACH PICTURES

5 CHURCH (I sing and play Piano in my church)
(i) CERTIFICATE OF MEMBERSHIP
(ii) LETTER OF TEMPORARY ABSENCE OFF DUTY
(iii) CHURCH RECOMMENDATION/LEAVE APPROVAL LETTER
(iv) PHOTOS OF ME SINGING AND PLAYING MUSIC INSTRUMENTS
(v) GROUP PICTURES WITH MY CHOIR

6 OTHERS
(i) RECOMMENDATION FROM PAST EMPLOYER (Letter from my Internship Company in Malaysia)
(ii) POLICE CHARACTER CERTIFICATE
(iii) MY SWORN AFFIDAVIT OF RETURN/FACTS

INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT SECTION
1. INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT
2. TRAVEL HISTORIES
(i) STUDY VISA STAMPS IN MALAYSIA
(ii) RUSSIA VISITOR VISA STAMP IN 2018
(iii) MALDIVES VISITOR VISA STAMP IN 2019
(iv) EXITS AND ENTRANCES STAMPS FOR MY 5 VISITS TO
NIGERIA WHILE STUDYING IN MALAYSIA

LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE SECTION
1. EDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONS
(i) UNCONDITIONAL OFFER OF ADMISSION
(ii) FUNDING AND AWARD OFFER LETTER ($54,000)
(iii) CONVERSATION BETWEEN ME AND MY SUPERVISOR
(iv) WAEC CERTIFICATE
(v) DIPLOMA APPROVAL OF STUDY IN MALAYSIA (Diploma in Business Information Technology. Graduated with 2nd Class Upper)
(vi) DIPLOMA TRANSCRIPTS
(vii) DIPLOMA CERTIFICATE
(viii) BSC APPROVAL OF STUDY IN MALAYSIA (Bsc Software Systems. Graduated with 1st CLASS)
(ix) BSC TRANSCRIPTS
(x) BSC CERTIFICATE
(xi) HIGH ACHIEVEMENTS AWARDS CERTIFICATE (I won overall Student High Achievement Award twice while I was doing my Bsc)
(xii) TELECOMMUNICATION MALAYSIA CERTIFICATE (I had Networking and Communication Certificate from Telecom Malaysia)
(xiii) BSC FINAL YEAR RESEARCH PROJECT.
(xiv) JAVA PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE CERTIFICATION (The Java Online course that I did)
(xv) BSC GRADUATION PICTURES
(xvi) NIGERIAN MINISTRY OF EDUCATION EVALUATION REPORT
(xvii) NYSC CLEARANCE FORM (I didn't do NYSC because of my age, so I uploaded my Exemption Clearance Form)
(xviii) RÉSUMÉ (Canadian format)

PROOF OF MEANS OF FINANCIAL SECTION
(i) MYBANKSTATEMENT (N8M closing balance)
(ii) MY COMPANY C.A.C REGISTRATION DOCUMENTS (Registered a Limited Liability Company with my wife as shareholder in 2017)
(iii) MY COMPANY MYBANKSTATEMENT (N3M Closing balance)
(iv) MY COMPANY TRANSACTION RECEIPTS
(v) MY WORK I.D CARD, WIFE I.D CARD, 4 EMPLOYEE I.D CARDS
(vi) UCALGARY TUITION INFORMATION PAGE

SOLD PROPERTY (I sold 1 of my property for N4m few days before submitting my Application which made a lump funds in my account, I had to show proves for it)
(i) DEED OF TRANSFER BETWEEN ME AND THE BUYER
(ii) BUYER CASH DEPOSIT RECEIPT & MY CREDIT ALERT.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank JustMellow GCMSWriters for all of their hard work on my application, from writing my SOP to double-checking all of my documents before submitting it. Also, for taking the time to answer all of my questions while I waited for a decision. He even follows up with me on a regular basis to inquire about the status of my application and to offer words of encouragement and faith (God bless you brotherly)
JustMellow and his GCMSWriters come highly recommended by me to anyone who wants to receive good news.

More PPR in Jesus Name for everyone. God that did mine will do yours.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 10:55pm On Jul 30, 2021
Juwon21:
Good evening House,
I want to know is there possibility of getting admitted with a third class for a masters program at any university in Canada or has anyone seen or heard of any in the thread.
Not possible, the minimum admission requirement for Masters in Canadian Universities is a 2nd Class Upper.

A 3rd Class graduate is good to go for a Post Graduate Certificate (PG. Cert) program related to his/her Degree (if no serious study gap) or his/her work experience (job) at a college

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/411#100048422
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Kunfu(m): 11:04pm On Jul 30, 2021
Please I need urgent attention to this issue
I submitted MBS of my sponsor $30,000CAD when I submitted my application but on the long run he withdrew some amount to run something stuffs which makes it less than what I submitted, hope it won't affect my application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 12:12am On Jul 31, 2021
You can use the number from Airbnb landlord or lady till you get a sim .
Just that when you forget password, they will ask means to get it, just chose your email address instead .
Lekiboboe:
For a Traveler who don't have a Canadian Phone number (+1) , and wants to book for the Post Arrival Covid19 Test at Switch health, Toronto Pearson Airport (YYZ) what do you advise ?, cos the Phone number field started with Canadian Dial up number (+1)

Our recent travelers, your based on experience response would be very essential

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 12:16am On Jul 31, 2021
This is so funny grin.
No available date till January.

Omg people are suffering sha in the hands of agent.
Bunmijab:
Guys please has anyone booked for boimetrics recently, cause an agent was telling me that presently there are no available dates till January

Please how true is this?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 12:18am On Jul 31, 2021
Through web form.
I recently withdrew my visit visa application that was running since last year .
Shenaniganzzz:
Please how can I withdraw my study permit application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 12:18am On Jul 31, 2021
Kunfu:
Please I need urgent attention to this issue
I submitted MBS of my sponsor $30,000CAD when I submitted my application but on the long run he withdrew some amount to run something stuffs which makes it less than what I submitted, hope it won't affect my application?
They do not have access to the account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by HartyA(m): 12:22am On Jul 31, 2021
Hello Gurus in the house please I've been trying to get my gcms
With thegcmsonline.com with a naira MasterCard and its rejecting it, its showing card declined. I need help @Lianna2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 1:09am On Jul 31, 2021
Hello Everyone,

Please can you recommend platforms where I can change naira to cad

(1) (2) (3) ... (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.