Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,788 members, 7,813,603 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:44 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (500) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (686248 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by dotoracs: 9:38am On Jul 31, 2021
Tranqillo! I applied April 8 and will be resuming September 8. In other words, we plenty for this ship and we all shall be duly settled.

Silverkc:
Good Morning all,

Please I applied on April 23rd, did my medical May 10th and Biometrics May 11th and my medical was updated and passed.
I have not gotten any response from them.

What should i do now because I'm a bit worried as my classes will start on September 7th.
Should I write to IRCC? and how do i write to them if yes.
Please gurus assist urgently.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Amicableoga: 9:42am On Jul 31, 2021
Please who has gotten PPR that is going to university of Western ontario?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by eriax12: 9:48am On Jul 31, 2021
My babe got PPR this morning, applied April 18th, upfront Medicals and IELTS. Expecting mine soon.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Omankem8(f): 9:56am On Jul 31, 2021
God i will experience this feeling.
Thank you for this testimony....
Congratulations bibisho.

Bibisho:
PPR just landed this morning
I don’t know how I feel �����
May 8th applicant

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mamatee2: 9:57am On Jul 31, 2021
Congratulations!

Bibisho:
May 8th applicant

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mamatee2: 10:01am On Jul 31, 2021
Congrats to your babe.
It will go round by God's grace.

eriax12:
My babe got PPR this morning, applied April 18th, upfront Medicals and IELTS. Expecting mine soon.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ch3ckm8: 10:01am On Jul 31, 2021
Wendyok:
Hello all.

Please who is going to Durham college for winter session...?
Please do we have anyone in Durham college?
Good morning. Please is it already too late to start the application to join winter session?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mazeb: 10:18am On Jul 31, 2021
Please can someone explain this message for me

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Kema22: 10:23am On Jul 31, 2021
Congratulations!!
Was it NSE route?
Bibisho:
May 8th applicant
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ysakaws1: 10:46am On Jul 31, 2021
Ysakaws1:
Who is traveling to University of Winnipeg or University of Manitoba by August and wants to share a 2 bedroom apartment? 50% rent and bills.

I’m a male in my early 20s
Anyone Hmu
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Gracehayford1: 10:49am On Jul 31, 2021
Congratulations to your babe… was it NSE?
eriax12:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Gracehayford1: 10:57am On Jul 31, 2021
My eligibility review just started this morning.. April 11th applicant. Norma route

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oviebright: 10:59am On Jul 31, 2021
ch3ckm8:

Good morning. Please is it already too late to start the application to join winter session?
no brother it's not even late to start application for winter. I'm applying also for winter 2022 it's takes about 4 months if it's too long to get a visa application response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oyesquare10: 10:59am On Jul 31, 2021
PPR to follow

Gracehayford1:
My eligibility review just started this morning.. April 11th applicant. Norma route
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Bibisho: 11:30am On Jul 31, 2021
Kema22:
Congratulations!!
Was it NSE route?

Yes please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Icesnow(f): 11:42am On Jul 31, 2021
jfrazzy:

Yes getting an UK visa won't be a bad idea
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Gracehayford1: 11:55am On Jul 31, 2021
Amen oo.. thanks a lot
Oyesquare10:
PPR to follow

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OLUWABORI2000: 12:00pm On Jul 31, 2021
Bobinho10:
My Timeline
- Submitted Jan 15th
- Biometrics Feb 3rd
- Medicals. Feb 4th.
-Medicals passed Feb 8th
-Applied for GCM note April march 29th
- Gcm note came out as recommend interview by April 30th.
- The longest wait came.... I literally gave up in june, I stopped checking my GC key and other news relating to Canada.
But God be praised!

-BVL. July 29th
- PPR. July 29th

I want to use this medium to thank @frank , @anon 123 , @justmellow and all others who assisted me. May God continue to bless everyone here.

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Bayor65: 12:29pm On Jul 31, 2021
Bibisho:
May 8th applicant
Congrats �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OCT202020: 12:36pm On Jul 31, 2021
mazeb:
Please can someone explain this message for me

I think it means any form of online studies before an individual's visa approval won't count when applying for post graduate work permit. In other word, it's going to be prorated.

And those with an approved visa who's completed their studies right from their home country,are eligible for pgwp corresponding to their years of study.

That's why it's not advisable to start an online classes without approval.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Cfine2021: 12:39pm On Jul 31, 2021
Finally, the eagle has landed. Glory be to the Most High and thanks to all the gurus in the house.

My long story goes thus;

I secured undergraduate admissions in Brandon University, University of Winnipeg and University of Manitoba but decided to apply for SP with University of Winnipeg admission letter. The timelines were as follows;

Submitted application - February 24, 2021
Submission confirmation - February 24, 2021
Biometric Request Letter - February 25, 2021
NSE Request - March 2, 2021
Biometric done and updated - March 5, 2021

I decided to go through the normal route by neglecting the NSE request. However, on 15/03/2021, I felt I should give IELTS a trial and enrolled for academic version. I also raised webform requesting to be given till 15/04/2021 to submit the IELTS result. Note that the NSE was to expire on 01/04/2021. To the glory of God, the result was exceptional LRSW- 8.5, 8.5, 8, 6.5 and I was able upload on 13/04/2021 as it appeared that they approved the extension request, though no communication to that effect.

After writing IELTS, I decided to apply to Memorial University Newfoundland since it was (IELTS) one of the requirements. The process of securing the admission was a bit rigorous but I persevered until May 31 when the final admission was given to me. With the new admission letter, I requested to change my DLI.

Upfront Medical was done and updated on May 19, 2021.

Meanwhile, I did not know that I was supposed to resubmit the application after uploading Mybank Statement and IELTS result. The status was still showing as 'Your action is Required' from 02/03/2021 when NSE request was sent till 15/06/2021 when I discovered this and resubmitted the application. I believe some people are also having similar problem.

On 17/06/2021, I received a request to complete the Custodianship form. Note that the Custodianship is required for applicant below 17years. Although, I was 16 as at 24/02/2021 when the application was submitted, I stated that I would have been 17 by September since my birthday was in June 2021 but apparently, they did not accept this submission. I was given one month to submit which expired on 17/07/2021. I was able to meet the deadline.

PPR finally showed on July 28, 2021

One remarkable thing is that I did not submit SOP since it was not stated as one of the mandatory documents and I hadn't joined this forum as at the time of application. Documents submitted include-
Father's land document
Father's salary account (Banker)
Investment documents (shares)
Others were as requested in the application portal

Please connect if you are going to MUN this fall

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OCT202020: 12:40pm On Jul 31, 2021
Silverkc:
Good Morning all,

Please I applied on April 23rd, did my medical May 10th and Biometrics May 11th and my medical was updated and passed.
I have not gotten any response from them.

What should i do now because I'm a bit worried as my classes will start on September 7th.
Should I write to IRCC? and how do i write to them if yes.
Please gurus assist urgently.

People plenty for this boat,... hopefully they'll tidy up the mess before the stated 6th of August.
Meanwhile ,you can raise a webform , politely reminding them that your application has exceeded the normal processing time,but after that 6th ,na fire for fire grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oyesquare10: 12:43pm On Jul 31, 2021
Congratulations!
Go and prosper

Cfine2021:
Finally, the eagle has landed. Glory be to the Most High and thanks to all the gurus in the house.

My long story goes thus;

I secured undergraduate admissions in Brandon University, University of Winnipeg and University of Manitoba but decided to apply for SP with University of Winnipeg admission letter. The timelines were as follows;

I decided to go through the normal route by neglecting the NSE request. However, on 15/03/2021, I felt I should give IELTS a trial and enrolled for academic version. I also raised webform requesting to be given till 15/04/2021 to submit the IELTS result. Note that the NSE was to expire on 01/04/2021. To the glory of God, the result was exceptional LRSW- 8.5, 8.5, 8, 6.5 and I was able upload on 13/04/2021 as it appeared that they approved the extension request, though no communication to that effect.

After writing IELTS, I decided to apply to Memorial University Newfoundland since it was (IELTS) one of the requirements. The process of securing the admission was a bit rigorous but I persevered until May 31 when the final admission was given to me. With the new admission letter, I requested to change my DLI.

Meanwhile, I did not know that I was supposed to resubmit the application after uploading Mybank Statement and IELTS result. The status was still showing as 'Your action is Required' from 02/03/2021 when NSE request was sent till 15/06/2021 when I discovered this and resubmitted the application. I believe some people are also having similar problem.

On 17/06/2021, I received a request to complete the Custodianship form. Note that the Custodianship is required for applicant below 17years. Although, I was 16 as at 24/02/2021 when the application was submitted, I stated that I would have been 17 by September since my birthday was in June 2021 but apparently, they did not accept this submission. I was given one month to submit which expired on 17/07/2021. I was able to meet the deadline.

One remarkable thing is that I did not submit SOP since it was not stated as one of the mandatory documents and I hadn't joined this forum as at the time of application. Documents submitted include-
Father's land document

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OCT202020: 12:44pm On Jul 31, 2021
Bibisho:
May 8th applicant

Weekend tinz
Congratulationz

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OCT202020: 12:56pm On Jul 31, 2021
Jayeola007:
@Anon123, LekiBoboe please I need your help. I’m thinking of submitting my application by Septemeber but I’ll be able to submit my February- May account history. Please note that my resumption date is September. I hope it’s not a red flag. Guys I need your help please advise and I’m not in the country at the moment can I do my biometrics where I’m?

Yes you can submit your biometrics at your country of residence.

The first question is a bit confusing.
I'll assume the resumption you're referring to is September 2022?

Anyway,your statement of account to be tendered should be at least
4months (stated by ircc)
6months (recommended) or
1year (perfectly perfect)
Counted backward right from your date of submission.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Updateverything: 1:01pm On Jul 31, 2021
Big congratulations dear
I can’t wait for my own testimony oh God
Bibisho:
May 8th applicant
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OCT202020: 1:02pm On Jul 31, 2021
Blazca:
I did medicals July 7th. I've sent web forms and mails to lagos and nairobi still no update. What to do?

Where you requested to go for it?,if yes,then just relax they'll handle the rest.

Likewise if it was an upfront medicals, you have done your part by uploading the E-medical sheet given to you at the hospital.
They'll update it soon
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 1:08pm On Jul 31, 2021
Cfine2021:

Father's land document

Congratulations. You're very fortunate to get PPR without an SOP. You seem like a smart chap tho. Wishing you all the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OCT202020: 1:15pm On Jul 31, 2021
Cfine2021:

My long story goes thus;

Father's land document

When God says it's time,no jupiter can say no.
Congratulations

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by MadeMan01(m): 1:18pm On Jul 31, 2021
Bibisho:
May 8th applicant
. Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by jogojogo: 1:20pm On Jul 31, 2021
Good morning blessed people. Pls I have a question...!!
When boarding or at point of entry will I be asked to show proof of accommodation for up to a month?

I wanted to book hotel for 3days then within that 3 days I will go around and look for suitable accommodation.
Pls pls is this possible?

If not possible pls what *SAFE* site can I get good and affordable accommodation? Do I need to pay from here or when I get there?

Pls help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by jogojogo: 1:21pm On Jul 31, 2021
Please I need help with this plssssss

jogojogo:
Good morning blessed people. Pls I have a question...
When boarding or at point of entry will I be asked to show proof of accommodation for up to a month?

I wanted to book hotel for 3days then within that 3 days I will go around and look for suitable accommodation.
Pls Is this possible?

(1) (2) (3) ... (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.