Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,275 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (514) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (691872 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 9:41am On Aug 02, 2021
Congrats FAM

Bibisho:
PPR just landed this morning
I don’t know how I feel �����
May 8th applicant
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by tourphland(m): 9:42am On Aug 02, 2021
Morning house

Please how does one know eligibility has started?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by AdoChel(f): 9:42am On Aug 02, 2021
Please are fully vaccinated people required to do the 2-week quarantine?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 9:43am On Aug 02, 2021
Congrats mate

Cfine2021:
Finally, the eagle has landed. Glory be to the Most High and thanks to all the gurus in the house.

My long story goes thus;

I secured undergraduate admissions in Brandon University, University of Winnipeg and University of Manitoba but decided to apply for SP with University of Winnipeg admission letter. The timelines were as follows;

Submitted application - February 24, 2021
Submission confirmation - February 24, 2021
Biometric Request Letter - February 25, 2021
NSE Request - March 2, 2021
Biometric done and updated - March 5, 2021

I decided to go through the normal route by neglecting the NSE request. However, on 15/03/2021, I felt I should give IELTS a trial and enrolled for academic version. I also raised webform requesting to be given till 15/04/2021 to submit the IELTS result. Note that the NSE was to expire on 01/04/2021. To the glory of God, the result was exceptional LRSW- 8.5, 8.5, 8, 6.5 and I was able upload on 13/04/2021 as it appeared that they approved the extension request, though no communication to that effect.

After writing IELTS, I decided to apply to Memorial University Newfoundland since it was (IELTS) one of the requirements. The process of securing the admission was a bit rigorous but I persevered until May 31 when the final admission was given to me. With the new admission letter, I requested to change my DLI.

Upfront Medical was done and updated on May 19, 2021.

Meanwhile, I did not know that I was supposed to resubmit the application after uploading Mybank Statement and IELTS result. The status was still showing as 'Your action is Required' from 02/03/2021 when NSE request was sent till 15/06/2021 when I discovered this and resubmitted the application. I believe some people are also having similar problem.

On 17/06/2021, I received a request to complete the Custodianship form. Note that the Custodianship is required for applicant below 17years. Although, I was 16 as at 24/02/2021 when the application was submitted, I stated that I would have been 17 by September since my birthday was in June 2021 but apparently, they did not accept this submission. I was given one month to submit which expired on 17/07/2021. I was able to meet the deadline.

PPR finally showed on July 28, 2021

One remarkable thing is that I did not submit SOP since it was not stated as one of the mandatory documents and I hadn't joined this forum as at the time of application. Documents submitted include-
Father's land document
Father's salary account (Banker)
Investment documents (shares)
Others were as requested in the application portal

Please connect if you are going to MUN this fall

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 9:49am On Aug 02, 2021
Congrats

DCNM:
Hey guys,

PPR at last.

First Application (NSE): Applied 27th Oct 2020 and Refused 25th Apr 2021.
Second Application. (reapplied without GCMS notes so as to beat the 15th May Deadline)
13th of May: Submitted
1st June: Eligibility Review: Started
14th June: Medical passed

13th July: Received GCMS note for the first refusal and sent a follow-up letter to IRCC on July 14th
30th July: Noticed a missing document in my application which I had declared in my LOE and emailed it to IRCC
31st July: PPR and BVL
Many thanks to my friends Ijeanwuli, Oluwayemisi0507, and of course Boss Frankrobbn who took out their time to review my LOE and follow-up letter. And as many as those that are expecting their testimony, God will perfect it IJN, Amen.
PS: I’ll be dropping my checklist soon in case someone needs that info.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Kaydelegend01: 9:52am On Aug 02, 2021
Thanks baba...
SuomyNona:

Kindly request for GCMS notes. That will give you an idea on what has been done on your application.

You application seems well packaged and you should have received a decision by now.

Keep calm, all will be well.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 9:54am On Aug 02, 2021
Congrats

Abimbola15:
Hello Guys!

Came to share my testimony here. Visa was rejected twice and approved on my third visa application.

Started this journey in 2020.

1st application: April 23, 2020.
Rejected September 23rd, 2020.
2nd application: November 23rd , 2020.
Rejected March 10th, 2021.

3rd application: March 26th, 2021.
Medical request July 12th 2021.
Passport Request 29th July, 2021.

The journey was frustrating and tbh I had already given up and started looking into visa applications to other countries. You really need alot of patience to endure all of this. If you find yourself in a similar situation please request your gcms notes and really tackle the issues.

Really grateful to God and I wish everyone the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 9:55am On Aug 02, 2021
Stephblues:
Yes they have. That’s complete as well.

It will end in praise

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by sfApase: 9:59am On Aug 02, 2021
@Kaydelegend01 even if you request for a gcms notes your final decision will come before the note, they are attending to may 1 - may 8 submission, it will be updated tomorrow night again. In 2 to 3 weeks from now u should get your final decision.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oviebright: 10:00am On Aug 02, 2021
Please people don't usually reply me here but this is very important, my mum and dad plan to be my sponsor for my application. Would it be possible to have 2 sponsors? Living expenses is 12k cad. What amount of money would be strong for a decent statement of account for 6 months from my sponsor?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 10:00am On Aug 02, 2021
Congrats in advance

CAdeife1:
Happy new month to everyone here on Nairaland.
I ordered my GCMS note and it states recommend interview.
I’m a May 9th Applicant.
Has anyone had this feedback and from experience, can the gurus tell me what it means.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by amiecandie: 10:02am On Aug 02, 2021
lawfree638:

Have they verify your admission letter?

It's usually the last verification done in your GCMS note.

It will end in praise.

Mine is showing Compliance vérification :Required

Every other items have been verified.

Although it shows the GCMS was requested 19th July 2021.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by AdoChel(f): 10:03am On Aug 02, 2021
Yes, it's possible to have two sponsors. I'm not sure of the second part

Oviebright:
Please people don't usually reply me here but this is very important, my mum and dad plan to be my sponsor for my application. Would it be possible to have 2 sponsors? Living expenses is 12k cad. What amount of money would be strong for a decent statement of account for 6 months from my sponsor?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by GhildishCambino(m): 10:09am On Aug 02, 2021
Please how does one go about requesting their passport back from VFS after it has been processed??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by IntimidationJay: 10:30am On Aug 02, 2021
GhildishCambino:
Please how does one go about requesting their passport back from VFS after it has been processed??
if you did a two way courier your courier service will bring it back. If you didn’t please go to VFS website and order their courier service to deliver it to you, the cost is about 12k to use VFS courier services.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by IntimidationJay: 10:35am On Aug 02, 2021
Oviebright:
Hi, both parents can sponsor you. Provide their letters of support and their bank statements. As regards the amount for POF, you should have your tuition for 1year plus 10k CAD and also have money for your family living in Nigeria. As the VO will not believe that all the money will be used for your Education. I hope this clarifies things.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SuomyNona: 10:55am On Aug 02, 2021
sfApase:
@Kaydelegend01 even if you request for a gcms notes your final decision will come before the note, they are attending to may 1 - may 8 submission, it will be updated tomorrow night again. In 2 to 3 weeks from now u should get your final decision.

We have discussed this before numerous times on this platform. This timeline is for applications made within Canada... It differs from applications outside Canada...

It is advisable that he request for a GCMS notes. If the cost of GCMS request (5K) is not a burden to him, there is no cons of requesting for it even if his PPR arrived before the GCMS delivery. His application already exceeded the estimated 10 weeks processing time (that was the estimated processing time in early May).

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SuomyNona: 10:59am On Aug 02, 2021
GhildishCambino:

You can use a courier service to pick it up for you. When VFS sent me a message to use their courier service, I declined due to the outrageous cost.

I went to DHL office, gave them a signed consent letter (the letter authorised DHL to pick up my application decision envelope on my behalf from VFS) with my details on it (passport number, application number, name).

The DHL fee was half of what VFS quoted to send it to me.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by sfApase: 11:08am On Aug 02, 2021
Well! You might be correct thought but I calculated mine with this and I got my reply based on this ( am within Nigeria ), I as well did the same for two of my friends and it was accurate.

SuomyNona:

We have discussed this before numerous times on this platform. This timeline is for applications made within Canada... It differs from applications outside Canada...

It is advisable that he request for a GCMS notes. If the cost of GCMS request (5K) is not a burden to him, there is no cons of requesting for it even if his PPR arrived before the GCMS delivery. His application already exceeded the estimated 10 weeks processing time (that was the estimated processing time in early May).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Hassan19: 11:15am On Aug 02, 2021
Hi @Anon, how do I get in touch with you. I need to order for my GCMS note (applied in June 15).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jumsss24: 11:19am On Aug 02, 2021
Good morning guys, please I passed medical since July, 22 and I’ve not gotten update till now. Should I be worried? PS: medical was requested on the 14th of July. I’m really worried �

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Peteris: 11:31am On Aug 02, 2021
Any Thompson Rivers university applicant here ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Omiinii: 11:35am On Aug 02, 2021
Yes it's possible to have two sponsors one will be the main and the other the auxiliary.
The amount that's meant to be in your sponsor's bank account depends on The cost of program of intended study, The duration of study, how you'd like to convince the VO, and how many dependants your parents have.
So in summary how much should you have in the bank:
1.The School fees for a year.(it helps if you have for subsequent years as well)
2. The living expenses for a year(yours)
3. The living expenses for your father (if you have siblings too) for a year
4. Funds reserved for emergencies as well for the next 3 months.
Use your discretion to make an assumed amount of how much should be in the bank account.
Oviebright:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by tipsycares1(m): 11:36am On Aug 02, 2021
Me

Peteris:
Any Thompson Rivers university applicant here ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ac7619710: 11:37am On Aug 02, 2021
Kidsister13:
Good morning Nairalanders.

Please kindly come to my aid. The school I applied for just told me it will be online and if I dont receive a study permit they won't refund my fees as I will continue the study online.

Help me out with another school please. I am a Microbiology graduate with experience in quality assurance. I also have NGO volunteer work experience. Jan 2022 is my target please. A 2 year PGD course is what I seek for.
Lambton have closed all applications for 2022
Costegon have similar courses but it's majorly 1 year.
Please kindly help me as time is of the essence. Thank you please

Name of the school?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 11:57am On Aug 02, 2021
amiecandie:

Mine is showing Compliance vérification :Required

Every other items have been verified.

Although it shows the GCMS was requested 19th July 2021.

Based on this feedback, your LOA still pend verification. That's is usually done within a day or two.

When it's verified, you will see it in the notes (last two pages)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by atiteb4: 12:19pm On Aug 02, 2021
Jumsss24:
Good morning guys, please I passed medical since July, 22 and I’ve not gotten update till now. Should I be worried? PS: medical was requested on the 14th of July. I’m really worried �
relax.vby God grace you would hear good news this week
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ade999: 12:21pm On Aug 02, 2021
Good afternoon @Lekiboboe.

Please take a look at my profile and advise what would be my best option for student visa as a single man.

I have a BSc in Economics and 7 years work experience in Accounting/Auditing.

Kindly advise which 2-year PG Cert or Diploma program will give me the best chance of visa approval.

Thank you.

Lekiboboe:

While you await a response from the gurus

As an HND holder who studied Civil Engineering with over 6years experience in Construction as Project Site Engineer/Manager, a diploma shows no ACADEMIC & CAREER PROGRESSION, the Visa Application Chance going for a DIPLOMA is slim

A Post Grad. Certificate (PG. Cert) in a Civil Engineering program or related to your work experience is your best shot

PG. Cert in Construction Management -1378B
(2 years program) - Available for International Students

Conestoga College, Waterloo,
Ontario
https://www.conestogac.on.ca/fulltime/construction-management

PG. Cert in Civil Engineering, Building related programs
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/363#99716912

As regards whether,

"Will it be fine to consider 1year Project Management PG certificate considering the goal is to just Japa patapata lol, Saying this because of the required 2years duration of PGWP?"

Await response from the gurus on that.

Unfortunately, there are really no cheap schools in Canada, that being said Financial Readiness is very essential to study in Canada

As regards your Wife, I don't know of any Microbiology/SLT related PG. Cert program, but its like the PG.Cert programs in the link below might suffice for her

PG. Cert in Health Related programs
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/351#99622262

https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/356#103678541

By the way,

There is also something called
SOWP (Spouse Open Work Permit), you might want to consider it for your wife while you the Principal Applicant (PA) go to Canada to Study.

Go through the contents in the links below for some knowledge about it & also get across to the gurus if you are interested in it.

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/89#97880644

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/666#101571624

https://www.nairaland.com/4390108/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/191#68217780

https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/308#103436284
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by esosa4real(m): 12:23pm On Aug 02, 2021
Greetings my people, Please I need some help and guidance for my juniour bro. He is also on the thread and doing his findings. I saw his post but i think he is not asking the right questions.

He is a first class Mech Engineering graduate and currently working with an International engineering firm in Lagos. PR is the ultimate goal because I am in Canada and we are working on that, however I want him to apply to a UNI for him as backup. (Wes done, IELTS on the way so it's a win/win situation).

1. Please what schools will readily give him admission into a master in Mech engineering or related courses like Automation etc. for 2022 Academic year.
2. Does anyone have an idea of schools that may offer scholarships, E.g partial (So we target such schools)?
3. He is writing General IELTS for PR waka, but does he need Academic IELTS for Canadian schools? I have been seeing posters mention it. I thought we had jumped this hurdle already as Nigerians. (There is this english result we usually send...but I am not so sureif it's all uni that accepts it.)
4. Do you advice he goes for Masters or a PG cert course. (because honestly, Master's don't sell here like before, except for some few careers, it's usually diploma and PGC that does employment wonders, but then again, I dread that route for visa conviction).
5. Just advise us biko, any tips will be appreciated.

I am a strong believer of Nairaland as I got my own Canadian PR and previous Visas to different countries on this resourceful website. So i know how powerful the interactions here can help shapen one's life If one is ready to READ. I have also been able to impact on others in other Canadian threads on this website. Please help point me in the right directions, so I do the necessary readings as regards possible schools.

Finally, since I am here in CA, if there is any way I can help with information, please let me know. (Information is power).

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Gloryyssssz: 12:31pm On Aug 02, 2021
Queenmama03:
Omo my story long oo! But i'll just go straight to the point.

First time applicant, self sponsored although I finished with a first class in economics, I have a 10yr study gap so I wasn't sure how that played out. Going for Masters in Economics at UNB. I'm employed and also have a side business I registered last year. Previous travel to US and Turkey. I wrote GRE, applied and got admission myself but when it came to visa application my liver failed me. That was where Frank (God bless his soul) came to my rescue. Timeline:

Applied 22nd Apr
Vfs biometric 26th Apr
Eligibility & background check started 4th May (may have been earlier but after applying I didn't check the portal until this date)
Upfront Medical done 4th May
Medical E-Slip uploaded 6th May
Biometrics Updated 6th May (I had to email them a reminder)
Medical Passed 7th May
Ghost update 4th June
Sent renewed passport & unconditional acceptance letter via webform 8th June
Agreement prayer with husband when I noticed April applicants getting their decisions 16th June
Ghost update 16th June
BVL & PPR 21st June

Regarding ghost updates, I may have had more but I only check my portal once or max twice a week on average so I can't really say. Also I didn't pay school fees o, not even deposit. The Ijebu in me didn't let me part with my money before visa approval grin also my school didn't make it compulsory.

Document submitted
Transcripts
SOP
GRE
IELTS
MBS & regular account statement (First bank doesn't have MBS so I just submitted the regular statement and included introduction letter from the bank)
WAEC Certificate
Degree certificate
Employment letter
Introduction letter from employer
Study leave approval letter
Consent letter from my husband
We both indicated that my mum will be taking care of my kids in my absence
Husband's employment letter and work related documents
ID's of my parents and siblings

Hmm the waiting wasn't funny o especially when I see the type of document people submit here, at some point I felt I may not have submitted enough. I just told myself "las las if dem deny my application i'll just focus on my business''. But alas! God did it. Also special thanks to @Lekiboboe his posts really guided me when I was searching for graduate programs.

To all those still waiting, I wish you the very best, God willing it will end the praise.

signing out.

PS: If you dey go New Brunswick please hit me up make we reason one or two.
Hello I’m going to New Brunswick to study BCS nursing
All though I have not recieved my study permit yet.
I would be attending Saint John campus.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by kryptonite44: 12:37pm On Aug 02, 2021
Hello, can a 38 old apply for bsc in Canada?

(1) (2) (3) ... (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60