Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,573 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (192) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (784754 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 11:44pm On Jun 05, 2018
Martswoll:
MY people !!!!

Just picked my passport from VFS with visa stamped �!!
Safe to say the travel history guy is adding another travel history to his travel history lol !

Thanks to everyone here !! Y’all are family !

For my hopefuls and my friend denied don’t give up, what will be will be !!

Congrats Martswoll
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Pheisharah: 12:00am On Jun 06, 2018
Martswoll:

You got it spot on !! Feeling of relaxation, that the worst didn’t happen and it’s over the wait and all .

Congrats. Where was your application treated?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:10am On Jun 06, 2018
esefrancis:
Since i did biometrics its been a month now... Will i get a mail notifying me to go for the medicals or is it going to be uploaded to my account??
esefrancis,

You will get a mail notifying that there is an update in your CIC account, of which you will find a medical form lying below your CIC account messages. You then have to download this form from your account, together with your intl passport bio data page and a medical fee to complete your medicals in an accredited physician by CIC.

All the bst!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:16am On Jun 06, 2018
Kemsure30:
Good evening house
Pls have been in business for 6 years )buying and selling of female wears )from different parts of the world including Canada and I hv 2 stores in Lagos
I studied ENglish education and graduated 2012

Pls can I go for a program in global business management
Kemsure30,

You have no problem at all, going for global business management at this stage in life shows a logical progression between your current employment/activity and your intended program. Having been into business for 6 years and now decide to study in Canada to enhance career prospects shows a career progression in your academic pursuit.

Include all documents to evident proof of ownership of business: Tax clearance certificates, CAC certificates etc....

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:25am On Jun 06, 2018
HerMoney:
Morning guys. I just got an email saying to come get my passport. I guess its a refusal coz I wasn't called for medicals. Submitted paper application on May 3. I am about to go to VFS. Please what is the next step from here? Will I be told there?
HerMoney,

I want to believe you didn't undergo an upfront medicals. If you did, it's likely not a refusal. But if you didn't, I am afraid it's a refusal.

Kindly Order your GCMS notes using the below link:
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

While waiting your GCMS notes, you can as well share your profile to the house.

It will end in praises next time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Martswoll: 12:26am On Jun 06, 2018
I owe y’all my timeline

Application : 28 February (online)
Biometrics: 1st March
Medical call : 10th May
Medical Done : 14th May
Medical updated to pass : 20th May
Passport request: 31st May
Passport stamped and collected: 5th June

Admitted into Post Baccalaureate Diploma in business administration.
School: Thompson Rivers university , Kamloops, British Columbia.

Even PGD applicants can get TRV , just make sure there are some prerequisites from your previous degree and make a mature sop .

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by walepepe21: 12:37am On Jun 06, 2018
God Almighty Bless you so much for this needful information. I really appreciate and I hope you enlighten me more grin grin grin

[quote author=Phocusjosh post=68216322]Wow....This is an awesome profile that I hope gets admission into Msc. Agricultural Economics Fall 2019, though very competitive due to limited numbers of University that offers such course.

It's not tough as it seems to be. I studied agricultural extension and rural development and I got admitted to University of Manitoba for Msc. Agribusiness and agricultural economics, Fall 2018.

Most universities in Canada that offers graduate admission in related course doesn't need you to secure a supervisor before admission but you can contact as many faculty members as possible stating your intentions but note this won't influence your admission. All new grad students are expected to at least have finished first semester and observed which lecturer and area fits their interest and strengths.

Admission decision are always evaluated based on the statement of purpose, letters of recommendation and transcripts and offers to students based on (1) their available project funding, (2) student's background and skills, and (3) interest alignment.

Aside your academic grade, you have to write a very strong and convincing statement of intent(Biographical sketch) highlighting your motivations, research interest, your goals after completion of Msc. program, why the uni, and your academic achievements. Just short and precise (One to two pages is enough, it all depends on your use of words).

Lastly, ensure you involve God in your applications.

Below are the list of Canadian universities that offers masters in Agricultural economics or related field.

1. McGill University (M.Sc.Agricultural Economics)
2. University of Alberta (Master of Agriculture Degree in Agricultural Economics/Rural Sociology and MSc Agricultural and Resource Economics)
3. Dalhousie university (Master of Agriculture; Business and Social sciences)
4. University of British Columbia (Master of Food and Resource Economics & MSc. Food and Resource Economics)
5. University of Saskatchewan (Msc. Agricultural and Resource Economics)
6. University of Manitoba MSc. Agribusiness and Agricultural Economics)
7. University of Lethbridge (Master of Agriculture)
8. University of Guelph (Master of Food, Agricultural and Resource Economics -coursework or MSc. Food, Agricultural and Resource Economics - Thesis)
9. University of Winnipeg (Master of Arts in Environmental, Resource and Development Economics)
10. Brandon university (MSc. Rural Development)

Most of the schools offers admission only Fall but Manitoba and Dalhousie do offer admission in winter.

I hope these helps

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:37am On Jun 06, 2018
Martswoll:
I owe y’all my timeline

Even PGD applicants can get TRV , just make sure there are some prerequisites from your previous degree and make a mature sop .

The only man that was panicking on this great forum disturbing the peace of Everyone. Finally his TRV has arrived. A huge congrats to you once again!

You've created a name for yourself # DE TRAVEL HISTORY GUY! . I hope you will be around to contribute to this great forum.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by walepepe21: 12:40am On Jun 06, 2018
drhammed:

N

Your profile will secure admission in any top ranking University in Canada. I'd recommend you start by checking University of Saskatchewan (As they have a funding, that can covers full tuition). With your CGPA, you will gain admission even in McGill and UBC. Your GRE score isn't needed like that in Canada. Unless you're extending your search to USA (Which in your case, you may need to write it again to meet at least 300 scores).

Goodluck Egbon pepe..

See my people here ooo grin grin grin I really appreciate boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MrsDaniels(f): 12:46am On Jun 06, 2018
Please am still awaiting response regarding my question guys. Thanks. @frankrobbn1 @justwise et all.

MrsDaniels:
Hello @Justwise Longest time Dear, its me Mrsdaniels please need a very big help &clarification over Canadian Study permit and Sowp. Please I & my hubby want to apply in the Uk for Study permit and spouse open work permit at once because I and my hubby been residing here for 2years now and then got admission for a Fashion Marketing course of 1year which is inclusive of a Co-op program to be done. Please @justwise @frank1 and others what forms are to be submitted and where can i get the correct forms downloaded from please. As have tried but it kept taking me to the page on CIC for one who wants to apply in Canada and not outside Canada. And please what are the documents needed for my hubby to submit alongside mine ? And do we need to do the medical test too? Please can you reply asap. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chkb: 12:47am On Jun 06, 2018
Kemsure30:
Good evening house
Pls have been in business for 6 years )buying and selling of female wears )from different parts of the world including Canada and I hv 2 stores in Lagos
I studied ENglish education and graduated 2012

Pls can I go for a program in global business management
Yep, I got admitted to study GBM in centennial College
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 1:06am On Jun 06, 2018
MrsDaniels:
Hello @Justwise Longest time Dear, its me Mrsdaniels please need a very big help &clarification over Canadian Study permit and Sowp. Please I & my hubby want to apply in the Uk for Study permit and spouse open work permit at once because I and my hubby been residing here for 2years now and then got admission for a Fashion Marketing course of 1year which is inclusive of a Co-op program to be done. Please @justwise @frank1 and others what forms are to be submitted and where can i get the correct forms downloaded from please. As have tried but it kept taking me to the page on CIC for one who wants to apply in Canada and not outside Canada. And please what are the documents needed for my hubby to submit alongside mine ? And do we need to do the medical test too? Please can you reply asap. Thanks.

MrsDaniels:
Please am still awaiting response regarding my question guys. Thanks. @frankrobbn1 @justwise et all.
Hello Madam,

Oh! Sorry to hear you went all this stress but to no avail. Kindly follow the below guidelines/steps stated by me and I am sure you will get it right this time.

1-) Apply online and acquire the correct forms using this link:

HOW TO APPLY FOR SPOUSAL OPEN WORK PERMIT FROM UNITED KINGDOM

2-) Complete the PDF Application Form IMM1295E

SPOUSAL WORK PERMIT FORM MADE OUTSIDE CANADA

3-) Save it to your desktop, and upload it to your application (the electronic signature is not needed).

No job offer is necessary when applying for a spousal work permit. You can indicate "not applicable" in fields requesting this information.
No Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) is necessary for the above work permits; you can leave this section blank.

4-) Upload required documents
Upload your saved IMM1295E form to your application

5-) When asked to upload your passport, be sure to include ALL stamped/marked pages of your passport. These should all be scanned into 1 document.

6-) If you were required to do a medical exam as part of your work permit application, upload proof of this (i.e. a receipt and E-medical slip) in the additional documents section. If not, there is no need for medicals.

7-) Last but not the least, Pay the required fees:
Spousal work permit = $155 + $100 = $255.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if this information is not sufficient or not related to what you seek.

All the best!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by HiSignature: 1:19am On Jun 06, 2018
If you are resident in UK, you do not need to do medicals except you have not live there for more than 6 months.
Look through the exception list for medicals online, residents of some countries are exempted.

MrsDaniels:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 1:51am On Jun 06, 2018
Prudento:

Looks like you already know the answer to the question you're asking?
How, all I need is your opinion about it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by wealth360: 1:54am On Jun 06, 2018
Austinpee baba I hail u oooo. Sighting u from here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 2:03am On Jun 06, 2018
SPOILT9JAOLOSHO:
Hi Guys,
Please I need your candid opinion on this, can someone who read say Banking and Finance land here and switch to do say> law, justice or political sc. course in a college is this acceptable by CIC and not seen as a total career deviation with consequences if any? Your sincere view is required.
Thanks
SPOILT9JAOLOSHO,

Your chances of getting a TRV approval is extremely slim but not impossible as your intended program is far not reasonable in control with your previous studies/current employment history. If you persist going with such profile, then be ready to present a justifiable reasons (a rational letter of explanation) pointing out reasons to why you're deviating from your previous discipline to something you do not have any relavant experience in. How do you plan to succeed in this program being a first timer with no experience, what intrigued you so much to pursue this program in Canada and your career goals back home etc...

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Hrhchris: 6:05am On Jun 06, 2018
sogima:

Congratulations dear.. I pray mine comes soon
Thanks dear.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by charlyduru: 7:25am On Jun 06, 2018
Good morning guyz I need a clarification here
The study permit application form for the additional pages of employment history, how do I go about attaching after validation as I intend applying online
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 7:41am On Jun 06, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

SPOILT9JAOLOSHO,

Your chances of getting a TRV approval is extremely slim but not impossible as your intended program is far not reasonable in control with your previous studies/current employment history. If you persist going with such profile, then be ready to present a justifiable reasons (a rational letter of explanation) pointing out reasons to why you're deviating from your previous discipline to something you do not have any relavant experience in. How do you plan to succeed in this program being a first timer with no experience, what intrigued you so much to pursue this program in Canada and your career goals back home etc...

All the best!
Thanks for your response, but what if the person has crossed over and intend doing so any consequences?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Martswoll: 7:51am On Jun 06, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

The only man that was panicking on this great forum disturbing the peace of Everyone. Finally his TRV has arrived. A huge congrats to you once again!

You've created a name for yourself # DE TRAVEL HISTORY GUY! . I hope you will be around to contribute to this great forum.

Haha! My brother , no be me give myself name oo, Na una dash me haha !!
I no fit forget my people oo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by charlyduru: 7:55am On Jun 06, 2018
Martswoll:

Haha! My brother , no be me give myself name oo, Na una dash me haha !!
I no fit forget my people oo

Good morning @Martswoll I need a clarification here
The study permit application form for the additional pages of employment history, how do I go about attaching after validation as I intend applying online
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by joe10: 8:46am On Jun 06, 2018
Hrhchris:
here is my time

I did upfront Medical 6th April
Applied April 11
Medical passed 8th may
Approval today June 5th

School: SAIT Calgary.
Applied degree Geographic Information System,

My prayer is God will approve that of you all

I am happy for you and a big congratulations to you brother.

I did upfront medical and submitted my application online on April 13. No updates yet aside from Biometrics showing "Completed".
I am worried about the strange circumstance of my case. I also applied to school in Alberta province. I decree and tap from your good report this day in Jesus name... Amen

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Prudento: 9:20am On Jun 06, 2018
joe10:

I am happy for you and a big congratulations to you brother.

I did upfront medical and submitted my application online on April 13. No updates yet aside from Biometrics showing "Completed".
I am worried about the strange circumstance of my case. I also applied to school in Alberta province. I decree and tap from your good report this day in Jesus name... Amen

Is ur eligibility review running? Do you have travel history?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kams19(m): 9:45am On Jun 06, 2018
[quote author=kams19 post=68208036]greeting guys, I have been following silently, I think I've gotten all the morale I need to apply for study abroad but I have a question. pls who can help me analyse my status and tell me if I stand a chance of gaining admission in Canada.
2013 B.Tech Physics CGPA 3.12 ,
2016 MSC Geophysics 53%.
can I get admission for Phd or should I go for masters.

what's your candid advise gurus help abeg

working but with little pay but can get an uncle to sponsor me if possible

you can go further to mail me if you have any personal advice for me. thanks nicholaskenechukwu@gmail.com[/quote

someone should pls react. I beg una
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Adamwasiu32: 9:46am On Jun 06, 2018
kams19:

am happy for you bro. Pls guide me. nicholaskenechukwu@gmail.com is my email. pls send me your number in the email let me call you
congrat bro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Adamwasiu32: 9:48am On Jun 06, 2018
Hrhchris:
I cant thank God enough. Visa approved. God is great really
congratulations bro. I aslo need you to guide me pls.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Emmyirab(m): 9:51am On Jun 06, 2018
Hello guys, i am so confused on which school to apply to now.
University of Winnipeg already denied me admission earlier this month, because I didn't meet their admission requirements.
All other schools I have been seeing online, its either I don't meet their admission requirements (English specifically, I got C6, and most schools require a minimum of C5) or they are too expensive.
I wrote the TOEFL last year, because of my low grade in English. I got an 87, but all the schools I have contacted said they can't use TOEFL to supplement for my low grade in English.
I don't know which other school to apply to. Please help.

I have contacted MUN, BrandonU, uwinnipeg, Upei, Usask and others.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by pemilabelle: 9:52am On Jun 06, 2018
Many thanks dear, God bless.

Jephehe:
Pension documents
Employment letter
Introduction letter
Properties documents
Parents birth certificate or int'l passport
Etc

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 06, 2018
Please if my sponsor transfers money from one of his accounts to the one that has good inflow and outflow, would that be considered as a lump sum. Mind you the sum he’s transferring is 6 million. The previous account balance was 1 million but now it has increased to 7.2 million and he has liquidated part of his treasury bills to make his current account balance 12 million. He still has remaining treasury bills of about 45 million. He has other investments and shares to . Help please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 10:04am On Jun 06, 2018
He can make use of the two account statements now.
Lotusboi:
Please if my sponsor transfers money from one of his accounts to the one that has good inflow and outflow, would that be considered as a lump sum. Mind you the sum he’s transferring is 6 million. The previous account balance was 1 million but now it has increased to 7.2 million and he has liquidated part of his treasury bills to make his current account balance 12 million. He still has remaining treasury bills of about 45 million. He has other investments and shares to . Help please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Steper4u: 10:10am On Jun 06, 2018
Emmyirab:
Hello guys, i am so confused on which school to apply to now.
University of Winnipeg already denied me admission earlier this month, because I didn't meet their admission requirements.
All other schools I have been seeing online, its either I don't meet their admission requirements (English specifically, I got C6, and most schools require a minimum of C5) or they are too expensive.
I wrote the TOEFL last year, because of my low grade in English. I got an 87, but all the schools I have contacted said they can't use TOEFL to supplement for my low grade in English.
I don't know which other school to apply to. Please help.

I have contacted MUN, BrandonU, uwinnipeg, Upei, Usask and others.

Are you applying for an undergraduate course or graduate?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ibbravura: 10:30am On Jun 06, 2018
Martswoll:
I owe y’all my timeline

Application : 28 February (online)
Biometrics: 1st March
Medical call : 10th May
Medical Done : 14th May
Medical updated to pass : 20th May
Passport request: 31st May
Passport stamped and collected: 5th June

Admitted into Post Baccalaureate Diploma in busines administration.

School: Thompson Rivers university , Kamloops, British Columbia.

Congrats

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.