Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,135 members, 7,835,806 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (618) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (703058 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Iffylove: 9:02am On Aug 17, 2021
But I don't think you put the wrong answer....
Or is it that someone else is trying to log in using a wrong password??

Anon123:

You must have inputted the wrong security answer tgrice. Try using a different browser
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 9:08am On Aug 17, 2021
Iffylove:
But I don't think you put the wrong answer....
Or is it that someone else is trying to log in using a wrong password??

If it was system maintenance, you won't be able to login. Stuffs like error104 will appear but this one is that he was locked out from entering for 24hours. Which means he has inputted a wrong security answer more than 3times
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 9:09am On Aug 17, 2021
Cherukei2015:
Hello Everyone,
My medical examination is expired and I already did another one which I forwarded to IRCC through a webform two weeks ago.
I have not received any confirmation from them and this has not also been updated on my profile.
I plan to travel soon but I don't want this to an issue at the port of entry.

I already sent a webform three days ago.

Please what do I do?

Will this be an issue at the port of entry? assuming they don't respond before my travel date.

If possible can I get the email address for IRCC Canada?

Thanks

You will need to reach out to the facility you did the medicals to inquire if the results has been sent. In the strength of their reply, you can start bothering ircc with the e-slip.

Medicals is mandatory so there's no way you can even get your visa approved without a medicals done and passed shown on your visa portal.

If you have already been approved, you don't need to bother about the medicals. What they might ask of is your covid result
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Olayinkaji(m): 9:12am On Aug 17, 2021
Good day Guys, I do not know if this is the right place to ask. I was denied a while back and age is no more on the side.
What is the success rate for someone if I do a 1-year master's course in UK or Ireland and then opt to start PR in Canada? Will that route be good and how many success rates do we have.

Sorry for the questions.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by MEDOLAB: 9:21am On Aug 17, 2021
Anon123:

No.. Just the amount paid

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by MEDOLAB: 9:21am On Aug 17, 2021
shupy:

It won't.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Cherukei2015: 9:23am On Aug 17, 2021
Thank you so much but I forgot to mention that my visa is already approved because I did upfront medical.
By the time my visa arrived my medical just had less than two months to expire and I wasn't ready to travel to Canada at the time.

Now that I am ready to travel, I have sent a renewed medical form but it has not still been updated.
I feel like I need to sort this out before travelling.

PLEASE I NEED EMAIL ADDRESS TO IRCC IN CANADA.
Thanks

Anon123:

You will need to reach out to the facility you did the medicals to inquire if the results has been sent. In the strength of their reply, you can start bothering ircc with the e-slip.

Medicals is mandatory so there's no way you can even get your visa approved without a medicals done and passed shown on your visa portal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by makano: 9:25am On Aug 17, 2021
When he gets to Canada,

He can apply for Spousal permit for his Wife and visiting Visa for his Kids...

He can apply during his program..

PEACE

Trueigbo:

Thank you .....he has decided to apply for PGD in one of the colleges but can he bring his family to Canada during the one year or after the program
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Otukemena: 9:27am On Aug 17, 2021
Nothing is impossible! Another thing that ll matter is ur NOC, if your noc is in demand you ll have a good chance. Like I said taking the steps forward is important, because that is where opportunities will catch up with you.

Olayinkaji:
Good day Guys, I do not know if this is the right place to ask. I was denied a while back and age is no more on the side.
What is the success rate for someone if I do a 1-year master's course in UK or Ireland and then opt to start PR in Canada? Will that route be good and how many success rates do we have.

Sorry for the questions.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by makano: 9:31am On Aug 17, 2021
How old are you?

For Express entry, the older you get, the more points you drop....

You can apply for a study permit though and get approved, if your application is convincing enough for the Visa officer...

Of recent we had 3 applicants who are over 40 years getting approval for their Study permit.. I also know of an applicant on Quora some years back who also got his study permit at age 62, he isn't a Nigerian though..

Age is a factor in Express entry (except you have a spouse who is way younger), but not in study permit application. With a convincing Application, you can get your PPR..

PEACE
Olayinkaji:

Sorry for the questions.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by aahammed: 9:37am On Aug 17, 2021
Hello Nairalanders. Pls in regards the NSE POF. Must the 30k CAD have stayed in the account for more than 6 months? Or can a 1 month stay also work?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by AKANLE2: 9:46am On Aug 17, 2021
aahammed:
Hello Nairalanders. Pls in regards the NSE POF. Must the 30k CAD have stayed in the account for more than 6 months? Or can a 1 month stay also work?

GRADUAL BUILDING OF THE ACCOUNT UP TO ATLEAST 6 MONTHS AND 30,000CADBALANCE WHEN U ARE SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION.AVOID UNEXPLAINABLE LUMP SUM PLS

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Iffylove: 9:47am On Aug 17, 2021
okay, thanks

Anon123:

If it was system maintenance, you won't be able to login. Stuffs like error104 will appear but this one is that he was locked out from entering for 24hours. Which means he has inputted a wrong security answer more than 3times
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jioke1994(m): 10:03am On Aug 17, 2021
Jioke1994:

@shupy
I remain loyal wink
U really sabi how to respond.
I appreciate.
Tnx.
Pls, how many payslips, invoices, etc. are required to explain sources of income?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Stephblues(f): 10:19am On Aug 17, 2021
For mine, the 30k came into my account a few days to my application. I was able to explain the source and it worked for me.

aahammed:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 10:20am On Aug 17, 2021
Cherukei2015:
Thank you so much but I forgot to mention that my visa is already approved because I did upfront medical.
By the time my visa arrived my medical just had less than two months to expire and I wasn't ready to travel to Canada at the time.

Now that I am ready to travel, I have sent a renewed medical form but it has not still been updated.

Thanks

nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
nairobi@international.gc.ca
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by AKANLE2: 10:35am On Aug 17, 2021
Stephblues:
For mine, the 30k came into my account a few days to my application. I was able to explain the source and it worked for me.

How did u explained that. And what are the docs u tendered to convince the VO?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by fairlytreated: 11:14am On Aug 17, 2021
Cherukei2015:
Good Morning Gurus and Everyone in the house,
Please I need your help and advice on the details below.
Thanks in advance

Usually, you should get a call from IOM few days after your medicals. Reach out to them if you haven't gotten the confirmation call. If you have been told that your results have been sent, you can complete your travel plans but make sure you travel with a copy of the new e-medical slip. Although updated in your records within the first few days, it can take up to a month for your document status to be updated of it's showing "document is invalid".
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ketima: 11:35am On Aug 17, 2021
Routine maintenance over, hope we will start getting our PPR from Nairobi. Oluwa do it this week ooo

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Olayinkaji(m): 11:38am On Aug 17, 2021
makano:
How old are you?

For Express entry, the older you get, the more points you drop....

You can apply for a study permit though and get approved, if your application is convincing enough for the Visa officer...

Of recent we had 3 applicants who are over 40 years getting approval for their Study permit.. I also know of an applicant on Quora some years back who also got his study permit at age 62, he isn't a Nigerian though..

Age is a factor in Express entry (except you have a spouse who is way younger), but not in study permit application. With a convincing Application, you can get your PPR..

PEACE

27 and finances presently 3m to 4m. I don't know if it is enough
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by badmanjo(m): 11:40am On Aug 17, 2021
If your counterfoil is still showing valid on ur online Portal then you are good to travel. I'm sure the medical has been received on the backend but not been updated on ur portal. However, if the counterfoil is showing invalid then u need to keep trying to reach them

Cherukei2015:

Thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by makano: 11:45am On Aug 17, 2021
According to the financial requirements to study and reside in Canada, 4M is not enough..

Peace
Olayinkaji:

27 and finances presently 3m to 4m. I don't know if it is enough
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 12:06pm On Aug 17, 2021
dayjeee:
ok
I have the options of using my current employer or claiming that I work for my dad's company. The reason for this is to claim strong home ties that after my studies I will come back and take a kind of higher position.
Note: my current employer will not be able to give me this kind of letter. They can only give a letter of introduction.
2. My dad's account is not buoyant, so i am sourcing for fund to fund his account and he will transfer the money to my acct (an amount that will cover my first year tuition and living expenses) and he execute a gift deed. But the lump sum that will come into his account will be issue if i need to print out his statement. Also he doesnt have tax clearance on his business.
3. If I am using my dad's company as my employer, i dont have salary acct to show that I earn salary in that company, will the VO be convinced that I am paid in cash for 3 years?
I have someone that went through this route, he only did the gift deed, he didn't submit his dad statement and tax clearance nor salary account that he earns salary in his dad's company and yet his visa has been approved.
But like the saying, each application is unique that is why I have decided to get clarification before embarking on this route. Look forward to your imputs and others imput also. Thank you
1. You're taking a big risk claiming to work in father's company. Especially a company, that's not even active.
2. Like I said earlier, your sponsor's level of establishment goes a long way in application decision. Your arrangement can work in some circumstance but yours is a very dicey one.
3. See ehn, I also claimed to be the manager of my sister's bakery but I submitted the bakery's account and I made part payment of my tuition fee from the account. You are just making claims without any provision for proofs. You'll need a miracle to get approval. Miracles do happen tho, I just wouldn't rely on it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Cherukei2015: 12:11pm On Aug 17, 2021
Thank you so much.
IOM called me a few days after my medical examination to confirm that my result is okay.

I have tried sending them an email to confirm if the result has been sent to IRCC but I keep getting their automated email reply.

fairlytreated:

Usually, you should get a call from IOM few days after your medicals. Reach out to them if you haven't gotten the confirmation call. If you have been told that your results have been sent, you can complete your travel plans but make sure you travel with a copy of the new e-medical slip. Although updated in your records within the first few days, it can take up to a month for your document status to be updated of it's showing "document is invalid".
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 12:13pm On Aug 17, 2021
Yes what you you said is correct. Maybe I didn’t word my reply properly. What I meant to say is that if her application is still pending, then she can still provide new LOA, however once it is approved then it is too late for any changes to LOA. ( change to school can only be done in Canada) Sorry for any confusion!

ritzzybaron:
That’s not true Teenie. The moniker will be asked to apply again. That is going through the whole process again…. When one changes schools from outside Canada, the old application is no longer valid….. Which will be demoralizing and more stressful.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 12:15pm On Aug 17, 2021
Hey! What is your plan now? Please see my latest posts..hope you understood my information.

Mayordeb:
Hello everyone, I'm new here and I've read a lot about and also gained so much within few days of being here.
Thank you for all that you do.

Please I will appreciate if you can advise me on what to do in this situation that I'm in....

I've submitted my application since May 2 and I'm yet to receive any response. I've also sent mails to the school (SAIT) for deferment of program till January 2022 since registration is closing next week. I was told their January intake is already full as well.

I want to start another application for an admission in a different school for January 2022 intake.

If my study permit is given for the first school but my seat has been withdrawn, do I need to send message to IRCC for change of school to a new one?

I hope my explanation is quite clear.
Kindly advise.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Patricknetter: 12:17pm On Aug 17, 2021
Hello,
Pls is there any York University student here that has enrol for courses and also how did u go about the enrolment letter... I have sent email to the school for over 2months nw, on the steps on how to do that but no responses. Pls is urgent.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Cherukei2015: 12:18pm On Aug 17, 2021
Ok, Thanks

badmanjo:
If your counterfoil is still showing valid on ur online Portal then you are good to travel. I'm sure the medical has been received on the backend but not been updated on ur portal. However, if the counterfoil is showing invalid then u need to keep trying to reach them

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ogunleyesijibomi: 12:21pm On Aug 17, 2021
shupy:

1. You're taking a big risk claiming to work in father's company. Especially a company, that's not even active.
2. Like I said earlier, your sponsor's level of establishment goes a long way in application decision. Your arrangement can work in some circumstance but yours is a very dicey one.
3. See ehn, I also claimed to be the manager of my sister's bakery but I submitted the bakery's account and I made part payment of my tuition fee from the account. You are just making claims without any provision for proofs. You'll need a miracle to get approval. Miracles do happen tho, I just wouldn't rely on it.

If u haven't submitted your application I will like to give you tips for free..
ogunleyesijibomi@yahoo.com. 08065680239
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 12:22pm On Aug 17, 2021
Olayinkaji:

Sorry for the questions.
There's no need to be sorry for making enquiries. However, you'll be better off asking such question in the threads below.
I must add, it's harder than ever to get Canadian PR without schooling route. What's your age and did you order for GCMS note after application refusal?

https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/671

https://www.nairaland.com/4933819/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant/494#4933819.15812

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Elfavour: 12:26pm On Aug 17, 2021
Hi, is this how study permit reapplications are?
There's a lot of "We don't need" and no updates. I was expecting to at least see you've passed your medicals or something.

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) ... (676)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.