Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,810 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (625) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (688997 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Yeemmy(m): 10:05am On Aug 18, 2021
Esom16:
Omo....PPR just dropped for me this morning ooo.
Ahh God!!!! I don't know how to feel but I am just so so so happy that I've cried, screamed...I don't know.
Omo... please despite the refusals I'm seeing this morning, use my own and have hope abeg. God is still God and he makes the unqualified qualified.
I'll still come back with my full time line and all. God is faithful!!!!...
Ahhh I'm still screaming o.

Wow. Congratulations!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by fairlytreated: 10:14am On Aug 18, 2021
elenewton1:
Application declined 18th August 2021.
Timeline:
Application submitted April 26th 2021 (PhD with full funding). Also submitted my personal bank statement (not MBS).
NSE request May 7. Ignored it and went with normal route.
Upfront medical passed june 25th.
Eligibility review always read "in progress..."

Reason for refusal: We are not convinced you will be able to pay the tuition fee. Also, you do not have sufficient finance for your accompanying family member to Canada.

P.S: My full funding covered both tuition and monthly expenses. I also submitted my account statement indicating that I can pay for my miscellaneous expenses. I did not include that anyone is accompanying me. Infact in my IMM form, I specifically selected "no" to this question.
Obviously, they did not do a thorough review.
I'm awaiting my notes.

Wishing you all the best as you await their response.

You can imagine such obvious error from IRCC. These guys make too many errors and its so unacceptable. You will surely get approval with your profile.... It's just the little delay.

The same thing happened to me when I requested for the renewal of Travel Exemption Letter for my children because theirs expired since it wasn't used within the 3 months validity period. The guy that handled the request said the application with my UCI number wasn't approved so I was not eligible to request Travel Exemption Letter for my children. And I attached everything o - I mean my student visa, their visitor visas and the expired exemption letters.

In fact my other letter quoting the refusal reason was filled with anger questioning IRCC standard. I got their responds after 16 days with the new Travel Exemption Letter. These guys make too many errors.

Just stay positive and shoot again.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Winner0718(m): 10:21am On Aug 18, 2021
Esom16:
Ahh God!!!! I don't know how to feel but I am just so so so happy that I've cried, screamed...I don't know.
Omo... please despite the refusals I'm seeing this morning, use my own and have hope abeg. God is still God and he makes the unqualified qualified.

Congrats goto Canada and prosper! Its the bolded for me

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by millie0: 10:24am On Aug 18, 2021
Please can a sponsor be anybody else other than a family member?

Can a family friend be a sponsor?

Also, I have not submitted my application yet, but I have done my medical examination. How can I submit that via webform?

Is it also cumpolsory to provide business certificates for proof of funds? What if I am unable to procure the business documents, can I also submit valuation documents and financial account documents?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by sunshine087: 10:24am On Aug 18, 2021
Writing this on behalf of my sister to encourage someone here.

The US denied her students visa 4 times. We decided to try Canada since the US refused to give her visa. She received admission into 2 university out of the 3 she applied to.

Here’s her Timeline
April 26——Study permit Application submitted with upfront medical.
April 28—— Did her Biometric.
May 6 —— NSE request
May 12—— Reasons why she can’t go through NSE was received (sponsor lives in the US and English exam was waived for her). All with evidence.
May 28——- Applied for GCMS note
July 2 ———- GCMS received but blank
July 5 ——- Applied for a new GCMS note
July 10 ——— Submitted a webform to ask for the status of the application.
July 20 ——- Webform received and told it has been forwarded to Nairobi.
July 21 —— Eligibility review started.
July 26—— PPR (Passport Request)
July 28 ——- Passport sent to Abuja
August 4 ——— Passport Stamped
August 5 ———- GCMS note received (visa approved).

Sister now in Canada

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by aWITNESS: 10:28am On Aug 18, 2021
Esom16:

Congratulations dear!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nnamdiosang: 10:34am On Aug 18, 2021
sunshine087:

The US denied her students visa 4 times. We decided to try Canada since the US refused to give her visa. She received admission into 2 university out of the 3 she applied to.

Sister now in Canada

Last last nah who give up Bleep up. Congrats to your sis, the land will Favour her

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Kaydelegend01: 10:35am On Aug 18, 2021
congrats beloved...ours will come soonest too in Jesus name...
Esmer:

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Achi911: 10:38am On Aug 18, 2021
Winner0718:

From this documents you listed, i note that you did not mention anything about your employment, also your SOP might not be convincing to the V.O However order for your GCMS notes to know the V.Os concern.
Are you fully into Music? And what course are you going to study?

Await more inputs from the gurus.

I mentioned employment letter and worker’s id.
I’m not fully into music (part time)
studying engineering and currently work in an engineering firm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Victoryokondu: 10:38am On Aug 18, 2021
Esom16:

Congrats dear, God will make Canada prosperous for you

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oyesquare10: 10:55am On Aug 18, 2021
Good News Lord!!!!!
Congratulations
Esom16:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 18, 2021
Blavkmaann:
So a little back story, I got admitted into Concordia University, Montreal January 2020, Applied for visa JULY 2020, Got approved Sept 2020… I didn’t want to do online so I deferred, … while deferring, I sent IRCC my deferal notice and new admission letter, my program is a 1 year post graduate diploma in journalism! …….. I was given 2 years visa!

Sha sha sha, those Wey Dey follow my story know say den bounce me for airport twice… saying it’s too early…. I dinor know they were helping me o, until I reach… on the 10th of August 2021.. that was the last day I saw NIGERIA….. TURKISH AIRLINE FLEW ME TO ISTANBUL…. It was a dream come thru… as the plane departed Lagos, I posted the normal “Nigeria your evil is enough on my WhatsApp” …. Omo the calls and messages and prayers I got… Omo, I shed tears… it was overwhelming… Omo e no reach 2 hours then share food better jollof rice, plantain, meat, salad… Omo it was great….. after about 6 hous we landed in Istanbul… the flight was Ok sha, I only rated the yeye male host in our side 1 star, na goat him be… he wan use face mask suffocate me… before I forget, I’m Nigerian airport, I pay money tire, so carry enough cash….. ONE GOAT WILL MEET YOU FOR YELLOW CARD 6k, slap am for me, coz I fell for that scam, FULL WARRI BOY LIKE ME….

Sha sha sha, we got to Istanbul… come and see lay over, 8 hours, I slept and woke up on one chair, I went to Subwa to get snacks, coke and pringles, I paid 8$, na 4k5 comot my naira acct… I wan crase…. Omo I started to respect myself o…

I didn’t want to miss my flight so as soon as I saw the boarding gate, I started to go there, I’ve never felt so alone in my life… in Nigeria everybody was around, talking, greeting , gisting, here it was me versus the world… I started to cry o, serious cry, I na sat down on one floor beside one glass, I didn’t know, but I was crying so much… you know all those cry Wey you go come dey get hick ups, i mmediately 4 Turkish immigration people walked up to me and asked for my passport, I gave them, they said I’m I been trafficked, I say what? They asked if I’m under any pressure to do what I don’t want to do, i SAID NO, they then asked why I’m crying,

Let me answer the way I answer them

Immigration- why are you crying?
Yeye me- I MISS MY DADDY AND MUMMY

SEE LAUGH…. I’ve never felt humiliated in my life, big man like me with full beards crying for mummy and daddy… chai

They laughed, handed me my passport and told me I’ll be fine, they then directed me to the correct gate, apparently the were already boarding…

As I got to Istanbul immigration… QUESTION STARTED

Guy i swear you be CLOWN!!!
Wetin be this!!!!
I don laugh die.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oyesquare10: 10:57am On Aug 18, 2021
Congratulations to your sister!
sunshine087:

Here’s her Timeline
April 26——Study permit Application submitted with upfront medical.
April 28—— Did her Biometric.
May 6 —— NSE request
May 12—— Reasons why she can’t go through NSE was received (sponsor lives in the US and English exam was waived for her). All with evidence.
May 28——- Applied for GCMS note
July 2 ———- GCMS received but blank
July 5 ——- Applied for a new GCMS note
July 10 ——— Submitted a webform to ask for the status of the application.
July 20 ——- Webform received and told it has been forwarded to Nairobi.
July 21 —— Eligibility review started.
July 26—— PPR (Passport Request)
July 28 ——- Passport sent to Abuja
August 4 ——— Passport Stamped
August 5 ———- GCMS note received (visa approved).

Sister now in Canada

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 18, 2021
Blavkmaann:
In Istanbul the woman was like
“Where are you going” I’m like “Montreal”
She’s like
“For what” and I go “to study”
She asked for my passport, admission letter, enrollment letter and tuition payment… I was about to tell her I paid Part tuition remain small, I just shut up and gave her the one Wey I get, she took it snapped it and told me to enter….. they searched me and I boarded the next plane…

In the first plane it was only me on the 2 seats

This one I was with one better Palestine man, baba just Dey give me Montreal GIST!!

10 hours and boom were in MONTREAL CANADA…. E fine die….

I go gist una Wetin xup!

Waiting for your other gist and pictures like!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by MadeMan01(m): 11:03am On Aug 18, 2021
Esom16:

Congratulations!!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Octavoral: 11:15am On Aug 18, 2021
Octavoral:
Hi everyone, I applied for Visa since may15 but no response yet. Just to ease the pressure, I've been going on tourist visits to different countries within Africa. Now, I'm in Kenya. I'm thinking of walking into dier Canada visa office and table my matter 1 on 1. This wait don tire me o. At least make dem show me my file wherever dem put am. Make dem judge me for my presence. O ti su mi ooo

We promised, I visited Canada embassy in Nairobi today. I told them about my school resuming on September 5 and how much I need a decision soon. I gave them.my passport and application number and after checking I was told to expect a mail before weekend and if I don't, I should come for a follow up on Monday.

Hoping for a great news.

Thanks all for the push.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Akanoa: 11:17am On Aug 18, 2021
Octavoral:

We promised, I visited Canada embassy in Nairobi today. I told them about my school resuming on September 5 and how much I need a decision soon. I gave them.my passport and application number and after checking I was told to expect a mail before weekend and if I don't, I should come for a follow up on Monday.

Hoping for a great news.

Thanks all for the push.
Haha. Abeg help us to ask about May and June applicants too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teemenzo: 11:25am On Aug 18, 2021
Octavoral:

Hoping for a great news.

Thanks all for the push.

Any punches delivered.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by emmalextemtop: 11:29am On Aug 18, 2021
shupy:

You know what, I'm not sure. Medical request doesn't necessarily imply request for additional document so I don't think the application upload portal will be opened.

Yes...am just surprised seeing people wanting to upload E-medicals...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by millie0: 11:31am On Aug 18, 2021
millie0:

Also, I have not submitted my application yet, but I have done my medical examination. How can I submit that via webform?

Is it also cumpolsory to provide business certificates for proof of funds? What if I am unable to procure the business documents, can I also submit valuation documents and financial account documents?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Femville: 11:35am On Aug 18, 2021
Hi everyone,
I need help with my study permit application. I submitted on June 21st, did my biometrics on june 25th. I have been waiting since to be called for medical examination. Is it safe if I go ahead with upfront medical? Please help a brother...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Stephblues(f): 11:39am On Aug 18, 2021
Wow, congratulations. I am crying for you too. Amazing news. May Canada Favour you.

Esom16:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by afomon12: 11:41am On Aug 18, 2021
I pray you get a positive decision before monday. However, if by chance you would go for follow ups on monday. Kindly raise a concern for all Nigerian students for fall 2021. At least they should be able to tell you the factors responsible for the delay and emphasize that most schools are resuming September. God bless our hustle. Thumbs up for your doggedness and courageous attempt to visit their office.
Octavoral:

Hoping for a great news.

Thanks all for the push.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 11:43am On Aug 18, 2021
Blavkmaann:

Let me answer the way I answer them

Immigration- why are you crying?
Yeye me- I MISS MY DADDY AND MUMMY

SEE LAUGH…. I’ve never felt humiliated in my life, big man like me with full beards crying for mummy and daddy… chai

They laughed, handed me my passport and told me I’ll be fine, they then directed me to the correct gate, apparently the were already boarding…

As I got to Istanbul immigration… QUESTION STARTED
grin grin The question should have been why are you always crying.

You were not allowed to board the last time and you cried. grin

You departed the country, you cried on board grin

You landed in Istanbul and yet you cried again.

On the day of your Canadian citizenship ceremony, I'm sure you'll cry cheesy

All the best to you.

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 11:46am On Aug 18, 2021
God see as picture clean !! May Canada favor you bro

Mobi22:
Just arrived in Canada !!!
Landing gist loading!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by amiecandie: 11:48am On Aug 18, 2021
Esom16:

Congratulations �� it has ended in praise

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by WiZiggy: 11:56am On Aug 18, 2021
Please how do I apply to a school and which school offers the most admission, please help me out with an affordable college
Lekiboboe:

Thanks for the well-detailed landing gist.

A quick one,

based on your flight experience to Canada, is a Transit visa needed for International Student going from Lagos to Amsterdam to Toronto via KLM?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by millie0: 11:59am On Aug 18, 2021
[quote author=millie0 post=104920370][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by millie0: 11:59am On Aug 18, 2021
millie0:

@shupy

Any help, please?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by WiZiggy: 12:01pm On Aug 18, 2021
Yeemmy:

Haaaa!!!!

Sorry about this. Please kindly wait for the note and refire
so sorry, just do not give up, please I wish to do MSc biochemistry and don't just know how to start, I need help with schools with good tuition and how to start the process ... Anyone here to guide me through this process please?
Thanks and may God grant our humble requests
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mrnatural(m): 12:04pm On Aug 18, 2021
fairlytreated:

You can imagine such obvious error from IRCC. These guys make too many errors and its so unacceptable. You will surely get approval with your profile.... It's just the little delay.

The same thing happened to me when I requested for the renewal of Travel Exemption Letter for my children because theirs expired since it wasn't used within the 3 months validity period. The guy that handled the request said the application with my UCI number wasn't approved so I was not eligible to request Travel Exemption Letter for my children. And I attached everything o - I mean my student visa, their visitor visas and the expired exemption letters.

In fact my other letter quoting the refusal reason was filled with anger questioning IRCC standard. I got their responds after 16 days with the new Travel Exemption Letter. These guys make too many errors.

Just stay positive and shoot again.

Excuse me, please what do you mean by travel exemption ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Winner0718(m): 12:07pm On Aug 18, 2021
Achi911:

I mentioned employment letter and worker’s id.
I’m not fully into music (part time)
studying engineering and currently work in an engineering firm

Ok. I will suggest you request for your GCMS notes to know the concerns of the V.O

(1) (2) (3) ... (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82