Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (623) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (689157 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Omiinii: 12:39am On Aug 18, 2021
Drop your timeline fess nawa sef. I thought if anyone gets PPR or gets rejected we would drop the timeline to help others understand the way the applications was processed.

As for the notes it's literally the most explanatory one I've seen.
1.The VO is trying to address the fact that you don't have enough funds to sustain your stay in Canada.
2.He also has problems with the source of your uncle's funds. You didn't provide a business certificate to prove he owns a business.
3.Most importantly you didn't prove the ties between you and your uncle.
4.lastly, the VO doesn't see any academic Progression.
StPatrick123:
Please I applied for my Canadian Student Visa and I was denied and i need help addressing some of the issues raised.
1. NSE requirement not provided. PA's uncle sponsoring, his business account provided, approx. Proof of business ownership not provided but recommendation letter uncle provided. PA has not provided nature of relationship with 3rd party sponsor. Given 3rd party financial support. It appears PA is not well established to pursue study program.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by STRICK00: 1:07am On Aug 18, 2021
MY Passport arrived earlier today from ircc. I just want to wish everybody Godspeed.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Achi911: 2:16am On Aug 18, 2021
Hello guys I just got a rejection on my study permit base on my family ties and employment.

I’m not even down even though I thought I will if this happened. Please suggest to me the quickest way I can apply and get my gcms note.

Below is my timeline. Please I will need all the assistance I can get with reapplying. Thanks for all your help guys, it Will end in praise.

Biometrics - April 14
NSE request - April 22 (Declined NSE)
Upfront medicals - August 10
Visa declined - August 18
This is my first application.

Meanwhile During this whole period, I had submitted through webform, birth certificates of my father and siblings to prove family ties.
I also submitted by webform employment letter and worker’s ID, and the portal hasn’t acknowledged till this decision that my Additional documents were reviewed.

I don’t know why they’re saying purpose of visit as an excuse, I studied till only 200levels between 2014-2016, I submitted my transcripts too to prove this, and I explained in my LOE that I wanted to finish my undergraduate education.

Cc: makano oct202020

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 2:35am On Aug 18, 2021
username12:
Hi
What they have is a post baccalaureate diploma program in supply chain... Is it equivalent to a graduate certificate program at a college?
bro I saw your comment on the Austria student visa thread. Why u run leave them? I need a honest review please. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Blavkmaann: 2:37am On Aug 18, 2021
Omo, this landing Gist ehn!

It has been long coming, I know it’s mid night now in Nigeria, and it won’t be fair that I don’t share my story….

It’s exactly 7 days my leg touch the soil of Canada… and all I can say is “IN GOD WE TRUST”

I won’t miss one gist!

This story fit long, but what I can assure you is that it’s interesting… once I move into my house on sept 1, I’ll make a YouTube video… but for now, gather round make u gist una ooooo!!!!

18 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Achi911: 2:47am On Aug 18, 2021
Please Guys, how can I get gcm note earlier than the standard 30 days delivery

I need urgent reply please

Cc lekiboboe
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Omonoba1981(f): 2:48am On Aug 18, 2021
ETX is scam. My sister applied for transcript since Feb 2020, I had to push with all the resources in my disposal till it got resolve today. I had to get someone contact , and he was so reliable and sincere.

To be frank, IFE stopped using ETX officially, but those guys wouldn't tell you. When you go through them, they then use the newly official process. This you can do yourself.

https://tps.oauife.edu.ng/

ETX tracking page

Order Tracker - Expected Completion Date = 30-Jun-2021
Current Status Date Action
Completing Forms (Completing Forms) 04-Feb-2020
Form Submitted (Awaiting Payment Confirmation) 04-Feb-2020
Payment Confirmed (Making Application) 04-Feb-2020
Application Made (Checking with Bursary) 10-Feb-2020
Bursary Approved (Checking with Registry) 17-Feb-2020
Registry Approved (Checking with Alumni) 18-Feb-2020
Alumni Approved (Searching for Records) 12-Mar-2020
Records Found (Collating Results) 21-Jan-2021
Results Collated (Drafting Transcripts) 06-Feb-2021
Transcript Drafted (Confirming Receiver Options) 16-Apr-2021
Receiver Options Confirmed (Generating Transcripts) 16-Apr-2021
Transcript Generated (Validating Transcript) 17-Aug-2021
Transcript Validated (Signing Transcript) 17-Aug-2021
Transcript Signed (Sealing Transcript) 17-Aug-2021
Transcript Sealed (Sending Transcript) 17-Aug-2021
Transcript Sent (Awaiting Delivery) 17-Aug-2021
Transcript Delivered (Archiving Transcript) 17-Aug-2021
Transcript Archived (Order Complete) -

Teemenzo:

Great IFE!!! Use ETX-ng, they will help you send it to the institution directly. I once used them when i did my WES.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Blavkmaann: 2:48am On Aug 18, 2021
So a little back story, I got admitted into Concordia University, Montreal January 2020, Applied for visa JULY 2020, Got approved Sept 2020… I didn’t want to do online so I deferred, … while deferring, I sent IRCC my deferal notice and new admission letter, my program is a 1 year post graduate diploma in journalism! …….. I was given 2 years visa!

Sha sha sha, those Wey Dey follow my story know say den bounce me for airport twice… saying it’s too early…. I dinor know they were helping me o, until I reach… on the 10th of August 2021.. that was the last day I saw NIGERIA….. TURKISH AIRLINE FLEW ME TO ISTANBUL…. It was a dream come thru… as the plane departed Lagos, I posted the normal “Nigeria your evil is enough on my WhatsApp” …. Omo the calls and messages and prayers I got… Omo, I shed tears… it was overwhelming… Omo e no reach 2 hours then share food better jollof rice, plantain, meat, salad… Omo it was great….. after about 6 hous we landed in Istanbul… the flight was Ok sha, I only rated the yeye male host in our side 1 star, na goat him be… he wan use face mask suffocate me… before I forget, I’m Nigerian airport, I pay money tire, so carry enough cash….. ONE GOAT WILL MEET YOU FOR YELLOW CARD 6k, slap am for me, coz I fell for that scam, FULL WARRI BOY LIKE ME….

Sha sha sha, we got to Istanbul… come and see lay over, 8 hours, I slept and woke up on one chair, I went to Subwa to get snacks, coke and pringles, I paid 8$, na 4k5 comot my naira acct… I wan crase…. Omo I started to respect myself o…

I didn’t want to miss my flight so as soon as I saw the boarding gate, I started to go there, I’ve never felt so alone in my life… in Nigeria everybody was around, talking, greeting , gisting, here it was me versus the world… I started to cry o, serious cry, I na sat down on one floor beside one glass, I didn’t know, but I was crying so much… you know all those cry Wey you go come dey get hick ups, immediately 4 Turkish immigration people walked up to me and asked for my passport, I gave them, they said I’m I been trafficked, I say what? They asked if I’m under any pressure to do what I don’t want to do, i SAID NO, they then asked why I’m crying,

Let me answer the way I answer them

Immigration- why are you crying?
Yeye me- I MISS MY DADDY AND MUMMY

SEE LAUGH…. I’ve never felt humiliated in my life, big man like me with full beards crying for mummy and daddy… chai

They laughed, handed me my passport and told me I’ll be fine, they then directed me to the correct gate, apparently the were already boarding…

As I got to Istanbul immigration… QUESTION STARTED

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Viewoliver: 2:52am On Aug 18, 2021
Oyesquare10:
Lord, please let's wake up to news of massive PPR as we go to sleep, mine inclusive.
Amen
Amen!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Blavkmaann: 2:56am On Aug 18, 2021
In Istanbul the woman was like
“Where are you going” I’m like “Montreal”
She’s like
“For what” and I go “to study”
She asked for my passport, admission letter, enrollment letter and tuition payment… I was about to tell her I paid Part tuition remain small, I just shut up and gave her the one Wey I get, she took it snapped it and told me to enter….. they searched me and I boarded the next plane…

In the first plane it was only me on the 2 seats

This one I was with one better Palestine man, baba just Dey give me Montreal GIST!!

10 hours and boom were in MONTREAL CANADA…. E fine die….

BUT THIS IS THE TWIST… I landed at 5PM Canadian time, I was in queue till 11PM Canadian time, if you see crowd….

When it got to my turn to meet immigration… you’ll meet the first one, that one asked me one question,

Are you vaccinated, I said YES
He asked me to go to one office called “IMMIGRATION 2”
I got there, collected my tally number and waited,

One fine chic was beside me…. Is true o, I never message that chic since, sha sha sha, me and the girl spoke till like after 12 midnight…. I still Dey wait. Omo those immigration people wan use question kill people… me I don Dey rehearse English Wey I wan speak…

My turn na reach… the man asked for my passport, I carry all the paper Wey Dey my hand give am, he said No, JUST PASSPORT, I carry passport give am….

He didn’t ask me one thing, he stood up went to one place brought my study permit and told me I should read it, I did and he asked if it’s ok, I said YES, he said WELCOME TO CANADA!

This one na ended

My homelessness na started

Una remember say I tell una say person go come pick me for airport…. Hmmmm….
I go gist una Wetin xup!

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Achi911: 3:29am On Aug 18, 2021
Hello guys,
When reapplying, will I need to include all documents again from scratch?

I was declined base on family ties, will I need to include POF and all other documents I had submitted initially?

Cc lekiboboe
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jeff5gold: 3:55am On Aug 18, 2021
For those that are already in Canada and also those that are on there way, if you want to get your Social insurance number (SIN) @service Canada, please be there by 8AM…..d crowd is something else, and they closes by 4PM…….men, I spent 5 hours there today, it was hell.
Service Canada @Edmonton sha……maybe they won’t be crowd in other places but still go early.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Peacekid(m): 4:02am On Aug 18, 2021
Hi guys

I just want to make something known to some of us

Please, if you received an update on your application status through the MP of the province where your school is, remember that IRCC will not provide any update again under 60 days of the last update.

Let's be mindful to avoid stories that touch

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Yeemmy(m): 4:15am On Aug 18, 2021
Jeff5gold:
For those that are already in Canada and also those that are on there way, if you want to get your Social insurance number (SIN) @service Canada, please be there by 8AM…..d crowd is something else, and they closes by 4PM…….men, I spent 5 hours there today, it was hell.
Service Canada @Edmonton sha……maybe they won’t be crowd in other places but still go early.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Omiinii: 4:28am On Aug 18, 2021
Brother you'll have to order your notes first. I'm sensing your application is a little more complicated than an average app because you already was in uni and opted out and the fact you told them. Wait for you notes and contact one of our experienced gurus and professionals for help.
Achi911:
Hello guys I just got a rejection on my study permit base on my family ties and employment.

I’m not even down even though I thought I will if this happened. Please suggest to me the quickest way I can apply and get my gcms note.

Below is my timeline. Please I will need all the assistance I can get with reapplying. Thanks for all your help guys, it Will end in praise.

Biometrics - April 14
NSE request - April 22 (Declined NSE)
Upfront medicals - August 10
Visa declined - August 18
This is my first application.

Meanwhile During this whole period, I had submitted through webform, birth certificates of my father and siblings to prove family ties.
I also submitted by webform employment letter and worker’s ID, and the portal hasn’t acknowledged till this decision that my Additional documents were reviewed.

I don’t know why they’re saying purpose of visit as an excuse, I studied till only 200levels between 2014-2016, I submitted my transcripts too to prove this, and I explained in my LOE that I wanted to finish my undergraduate education.

Cc: makano oct202020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 4:30am On Aug 18, 2021
emmalextemtop:
Hello!

Must one upload the medical form if he didn't get notified by IRCC to go for it?
Or if notified by IRCC, must it still be uploaded via webform or not for such case?
Upfront medicals during the processing of application must be uploaded via webform. However if one gets a medical request, application upload portal will be opened.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 4:34am On Aug 18, 2021
olabisi6438:
Good evening guys.

To whom is the letter of recommendation for visa addressed to?
The Deputy High Commission Canada
4 Anifowoshe St,
Victoria Island,
Lagos

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Winner0718(m): 4:37am On Aug 18, 2021
Achi911:
Hello guys,
When reapplying, will I need to include all documents again from scratch?

I was declined base on family ties, will I need to include POF and all other documents I had submitted initially?

Cc lekiboboe

Sorry about your refusal, you will have to upload all documents from the scratch including the new ones you want to add. I can see 3 reasons for refusal from what you uploaded.
Purpose of Visit, employment situation and family ties. Please dont give yourself too much pressure to reapply, list the documents you submited for the refused application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by TCLIFoundation: 4:54am On Aug 18, 2021
Migrating to Canada as a student. One thing to keep in mind is getting a community that can serve as a family, home away from home for you and a huge resource. We have set up a community that not only helps people bridge this gap but also provided opportunities for community events, programs, network, resource, volunteering, internship and job opportunities. providing volunteering prospects but also built a community that serves as both a family and resource. Thinking of studying in Canada? Do you have Alberta has a focus, or seeking to specifically move to Edmonton? Then TCLI Foundation can be that settlement resource for you. Checking www.tclifoundation.ca can get you prepared with a community, programs, access, resources, networking, events, opportunities, volunteering opportunity even before arrival.
Start your journey empowered, because together we can. Information is always power. Just because you are migrating as a student does not mean you have to struggle or start from the bottom as you are told. There are people who have taken advantage of existing opportunities even as students, because they were aware of those resource. Get empowered with knowledge. TCLI Foundation started to help immigrants, visible minority groups such as our fellow Nigerians so that the Land can favour us all. We gotchya.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by StPatrick123: 6:14am On Aug 18, 2021
Omiinii:
Drop your timeline fess nawa sef. I thought if anyone gets PPR or gets rejected we would drop the timeline to help others understand the way the applications was processed.

As for the notes it's literally the most explanatory one I've seen.
1.The VO is trying to address the fact that you don't have enough funds to sustain your stay in Canada.
2.He also has problems with the source of your uncle's funds. You didn't provide a business certificate to prove he owns a business.
3.Most importantly you didn't prove the ties between you and your uncle.
4.lastly, the VO doesn't see any academic Progression.

Please how do you suggest I address this issues cos family ties to Canada and my home country was also mentioned
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 6:21am On Aug 18, 2021
Peacekid:
Hi guys

Please, if you received an update on your application status through the MP of the province where your school is, remember that IRCC will not provide any update again under 60 days of the last update.

I don't understand what you mean by stories that touches. How is "stories that touches" connected to Status Update from MP?
When did this rule begin?
MP assisted me to get update on June 13, then helped me again to obtain update on August 3. After that, I personally Requested for update from IRCC on Aug 8,and they sent it on Aug 9.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by YinksXO: 6:52am On Aug 18, 2021
Hello,

I'm assuming you've gotten your passport back, how long did it take?

Boye0147:
Vfs forwarded my Passport and decision envelope to IRCC since 22 July. Ever since I haven't heard from them as per passport return. How long does this usually take? I used ABUJA VAC. Pls response needed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Peacekid(m): 7:04am On Aug 18, 2021
EmeeNaka:
I don't understand what you mean by stories that touches. How is "stories that touches" connected to Status Update from MP?
When did this rule begin?
MP assisted me to get update on June 13, then helped me again to obtain update on August 3. After that, I personally Requested for update from IRCC on Aug 8,and they sent it on Aug 9.

The screenshot I attached was what I got after receiving my application status in form of GCMS note via an MP

They mentioned that they won't give update under 60days of last update. I don't know if there will be any implications

I come in peace.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Peacekid(m): 7:32am On Aug 18, 2021
Peacekid:

The screenshot I attached was what I got after receiving my application status in form of GCMS note via an MP

They mentioned that they won't give update under 60days of last update. I don't know if there will be any implications

I come in peace.

Especially if one orders another GCMS note within the 60days period
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by dotoracs: 7:40am On Aug 18, 2021
This explains the delay in my GCMS notes delivery.

Peacekid:
Hi guys

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by theboyy: 7:56am On Aug 18, 2021
Hello all may we all get out long awaited ppr this week in Jesus name.
Please how can one prove relationship to an aunty, I’m planning on using a picture of my dad and his sister as she’s my aunt in question

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by emmalextemtop: 8:04am On Aug 18, 2021
shupy:

Upfront medicals during the processing of application must be uploaded via webform. However if one gets a medical request, application upload portal will be opened.

So, it means if one get the request, no need for upload? Or will still upload but not through webform but the portal?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by elenewton1: 8:08am On Aug 18, 2021
Application declined 18th August 2021.
Timeline:
Application submitted April 26th 2021 (PhD with full funding). Also submitted my personal bank statement (not MBS).
NSE request May 7. Ignored it and went with normal route.
Upfront medical passed june 25th.
Eligibility review always read "in progress..."

Reason for refusal: We are not convinced you will be able to pay the tuition fee. Also, you do not have sufficient finance for your accompanying family member to Canada.

P.S: My full funding covered both tuition and monthly expenses. I also submitted my account statement indicating that I can pay for my miscellaneous expenses. I did not include that anyone is accompanying me. Infact in my IMM form, I specifically selected "no" to this question.
Obviously, they did not do a thorough review.
I'm awaiting my notes.

Wishing you all the best as you await their response.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Victoryokondu: 8:13am On Aug 18, 2021
elenewton1:
Timeline:
Applicaion submitted April 26th 2021 (PhD with full funding). Also submitted my personal bank statement (not MBS).

Reason for refusal: We are not convinced you will be able to pay the tuition fee. Also, you do no have sufficient finance for your accompanying family member to Canada.

P.S: My full funding covered both tuition and monthly expenses. I also submitted my account statement indicating that I can pay for my miscellaneous expenses. I did not include that anyone is accompanying me. Infact in my IMM form, I specifically selected "no" to this question.
I'm awaiting my notes.

Omo so sorry! I’m shaking as I saw this. For real Nawa o.
You will get it the second time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oyesquare10: 8:15am On Aug 18, 2021
You can just imagine this! Pay tuition fee after submitting a scholarship letter.
So sorry for your refusal. Good that you have requested for your note.
elenewton1:
Timeline:
Applicaion submitted April 26th 2021 (PhD with full funding). Also submitted my personal bank statement (not MBS).

Reason for refusal: We are not convinced you will be able to pay the tuition fee. Also, you do no have sufficient finance for your accompanying family member to Canada.

I'm awaiting my notes.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oyesquare10: 8:18am On Aug 18, 2021
Submit her birth certificate and that of your dad to show the same parent birth them.
Some people also use a family three.
I think swearing an affidavit also play some part

theboyy:
Hello all may we all get out long awaited ppr this week in Jesus name.
Please how can one prove relationship to an aunty, I’m planning on using a picture of my dad and his sister as she’s my aunt in question

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Olaa123: 8:19am On Aug 18, 2021
elenewton1:
Timeline:

I'm awaiting my notes.

OMG! So sorry about this. This is painful. How about re applying immediately since they stated specific reasons

(1) (2) (3) ... (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71