Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (653) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (692834 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (650) (651) (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Omiinii: 3:53pm On Aug 22, 2021
No one really knows how IRCC operates in my opinion people can suggest based on what they read somewhere, their personal experience or a repetition of what has been said previously. However, what I am certain of is that no one except you were a former VO, knows exactly how these files are operated as far your trying to expedite your processing do what ever you can.
Legacyedition:

Thanks for this.

But someone said sending additional info extended his " application bring forward date " by one month. I have got updated bank statements, new LOA. But I haven't sent them to ircc.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Demmy10: 3:58pm On Aug 22, 2021
shupy:

You could state you intend to return to Nigeria and launch a career in computer and network systems. While at it, you state potentials and growth of the Nigerian ICT industry. All these are available online.

You could also make mention of your intent to pursue industry certifications such as Microsoft MTA, Cisco CCNA, Security+ and MCSA.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by heydamiejay: 4:33pm On Aug 22, 2021
Please house my application is just 3weeks old, I have done biometric and it has been updated, out of anxiety I booked for medicals weeks ago and it's tomorrow, I am thinking of not going maybe reschedule because my application is still early. What is your suggestion, please I will be checking for your reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Demmy10: 4:38pm On Aug 22, 2021
shupy:

You could state you intend to return to Nigeria and launch a career in computer and network systems. While at it, you state potentials and growth of the Nigerian ICT industry. All these are available online.

You could also make mention of your intent to pursue industry certifications such as Microsoft MTA, Cisco CCNA, Security+ and MCSA.

I'm so sorry for disturbing you. Would it sound convincing enough to the VO that I can launch a career just having a High school cert and Ontario diploma cert...
And I guess the certifications above are higher than the program I want to study
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by heydamiejay: 4:40pm On Aug 22, 2021
Please house my application is just 3weeks old, I have done biometric and it has been updated, out of anxiety I booked for medicals weeks ago and it's tomorrow, I am thinking of not going maybe reschedule because my application is still early. What is your suggestion, please I will be checking for your reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by atiteb4: 4:43pm On Aug 22, 2021
heydamiejay:
better go and do the medicals

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Bioles1187(m): 4:54pm On Aug 22, 2021
Hello everyone ,
I have b.sc in entrepreneurship I graduated with 2.2 in 2017
After NYSC I've been working with my dad in his poultry (no specific job duties,I oversees the daily operation,source for feeds and make payment,attend to the customers and keep account.
Is a graduate diploma in Financial management a good study progression?
I will appreciate inputs and suggestions
Asking for a friend
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Esmer: 4:54pm On Aug 22, 2021
heydamiejay:

Question

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SweetJJ: 4:59pm On Aug 22, 2021
heydamiejay:
go and do the upfront medical and submit your medical slip so they can review everything together
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by makano: 5:19pm On Aug 22, 2021
Reschedule what?

The earlier you go the better...

Go do your medical, scan and upload the medical slip that will be given to you in the clinic via WEBFROM...

PEACE

heydamiejay:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Quenmoly: 5:19pm On Aug 22, 2021
Pls someone should help me out
I will be done with my HND program by next yr January and I will like to apply for study permit in Canada.... September fall 2022

I’m confuse which program should I go for
Gurus pls help me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 5:24pm On Aug 22, 2021
Quenmoly:
Pls someone should help me out
I will be done with my HND program by next yr January and I will like to apply for study permit in Canada.... September fall 2022

I’m confuse which program should I go for
Gurus pls help me
You don't have to be confused about the program to go for.

Go for a POST GRADUATE CERTIFICATE (PG. Cert) program related to your HND degree.

What are you studying for your HND?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Quenmoly: 5:26pm On Aug 22, 2021
Lekiboboe:

You don't have to be confused about the program to go for.

Go for a POST GRADUATE CERTIFICATE (PG. Cert) program related to your HND degree.

What are you studying for your HND?

Thanks for ur response
Public Administration
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ikechi12(m): 5:27pm On Aug 22, 2021
Please what does MP mean in this context?
Oyesquare10:

What
That's 10months faa
Have you requested for your GCMS NOTES, raised webform, contacted an MP, email of at least 5 per day?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 5:38pm On Aug 22, 2021
Bioles1187:
Hello everyone ,
I have b.sc in entrepreneurship I graduated with 2.2 in 2017
After NYSC I've been working with my dad in his poultry (no specific job duties,I oversees the daily operation,source for feeds and make payment,attend to the customers and keep account.
Is a graduate diploma in Financial management a good study progression?
I will appreciate inputs and suggestions
Asking for a friend
Based on the bolded Job duties ,something related to AGRIBUSINESS shows a good study progression

The PG. Cert programs below has Course Curriculums that aligns with the mentioned job duties, that being said, do your research on them one by one, make your choice then apply.

PG. Cert , Agribusiness Management
Lambton College, Ontario
https://www.lambtoncollege.ca/custom/LambtonApps/Programs/International.aspx?id=2147526716

PG. Cert, Sustainable Agriculture
FLEMING COLLEGE. ONTARIO
https://flemingcollege.ca/programs/sustainable-agriculture-co-op

PG. Cert , Agribusiness Management
Lambton College, Ontario
https://www.lambtoncollege.ca/custom/LambtonApps/Programs/International.aspx?id=2147526716

PG. Cert, Agri-Business Management
Fanshawe College, Ontario
https://www.fanshawec.ca/programs/agm1j-agri-business-management/next#group_overview

As regards applying for admission,

Since you are going for a Program you have Work Experience in, but no Degree in, go through the contents the link below
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/414#95068409

Canadian Style Résumé & Cover Letter for Admission into a College for a PG. Cert Program (Find attached)
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/17#102092733

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/50#89629360

Potential Documents needed to apply for admission in a College for PG. Cert (Most especially at Ontario Colleges)
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/221#103080983

Good luck!!!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 5:49pm On Aug 22, 2021
Quenmoly:

Thanks for ur response
Public Administration
You are welcome.

As an HND degree holder, you can apply for a POST GRADUATE CERTIFICATE (PG.Cert) in HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT (HRM).

See the list below for

PG. Cert in Human Resources Management and the Colleges offering them

Human Resources Management Graduate Certificate
Cambrian College of Applied Arts and Technology, Sudbury, ON

Human Resources Management
Conestoga College, Kitchener, ON

St. Clair College, Windsor, ON

Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology, Toronto, ON

Niagara College, Welland, ON

Mohawk College, Hamilton, ON

Human Resource Management
Sheridan College, Oakville, ON

Fanshawe College of Applied Arts and Technology, London, ON

Durham College, Oshawa, ON

Confederation College, Thunder Bay, ON

Loyalist College, Belleville, ON

Lambton College, Sarnia, ON

Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning, Toronto, ON

Georgian College of Applied Arts and Technology, Barrie, ON

George Brown College, Toronto, ON

Centennial College, Toronto, ON

Algonquin College, Ottawa, ON

Nova Scotia Community College, Halifax, Nova Scotia

New Brunswick Community College, New Brunswick

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lekefelix(m): 6:24pm On Aug 22, 2021
Please go and go your medicals asap.

heydamiejay:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Soleizzy(m): 6:27pm On Aug 22, 2021
Please house is it wise to upload together any additional documents(lyk a proof of family ties) i failed to upload during my application with a just concluded medical report?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by nat138: 6:55pm On Aug 22, 2021
Good day,
Please is anyone here commencing the Research and Evaluation Graduate Certificate course at Fanshawe this fall?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 7:01pm On Aug 22, 2021
Demmy10:

I'm so sorry for disturbing you. Would it sound convincing enough to the VO that I can launch a career just having a High school cert and Ontario diploma cert...
And I guess the certifications above are higher than the program I want to study

It's convincing. And truthfully the ICT is an industry that doesn't necessarily require a BSC for one to be successful. Just work on your SOP in its entirety.

You can launch a career with a diploma certificate with the intent of pursing industry certification in the nearest future . Make sure you include the bolded.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Quenmoly: 7:03pm On Aug 22, 2021
Lekiboboe:

You are welcome.

As an HND degree holder, you can apply for a POST GRADUATE CERTIFICATE (PG.Cert) in HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT (HRM).

See the list below for

PG. Cert in Human Resources Management and the Colleges offering them

Human Resources Management Graduate Certificate
Cambrian College of Applied Arts and Technology, Sudbury, ON

Conestoga College, Kitchener, ON

St. Clair College, Windsor, ON

Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology, Toronto, ON

Niagara College, Welland, ON

Mohawk College, Hamilton, ON

Sheridan College, Oakville, ON

Fanshawe College of Applied Arts and Technology, London, ON

Durham College, Oshawa, ON

Confederation College, Thunder Bay, ON

Loyalist College, Belleville, ON

Lambton College, Sarnia, ON

Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning, Toronto, ON

Georgian College of Applied Arts and Technology, Barrie, ON

George Brown College, Toronto, ON

Centennial College, Toronto, ON

Algonquin College, Ottawa, ON

Nova Scotia Community College, Halifax, Nova Scotia

New Brunswick Community College, New Brunswick

Thank you so much dear
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by bayocanny: 7:46pm On Aug 22, 2021
Mehn, this thread still exist, is Good to be back.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Iphiegrace(f): 8:45pm On Aug 22, 2021
People of God it’s refusal o 3rd application

Based on family ties in Canada and in Home country.
And purpose of visit!

I am not tired, I will reapply again
Na me and them today.

God is in control!

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oyesquare10: 8:50pm On Aug 22, 2021
Ikechi12:
Please what does MP mean in this context?

Member of Parliament, you can liken them to House of Representative in Nigeria
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 8:52pm On Aug 22, 2021
Quenmoly:

Thank you so much dear
You are welcome

You can also consider a PG.Cert in PUBLIC RELATIONS, cos it has some similarities with your Public Administration HND degree

See the link below for

PG.Cert in PUBLIC RELATIONS programs and the COLLEGES OFFERING THEM

https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/399#103890193

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oyesquare10: 8:52pm On Aug 22, 2021
So sorry about this.
Your next application will be the last as you will get it this time.
As regard the generic reasons, are there any lapses you feel could have resulted to that?
Iphiegrace:

And purpose of visit!

Na me and them today.

God is in control!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Legacyedition: 8:52pm On Aug 22, 2021
Iphiegrace:

And purpose of visit!

Na me and them today.

God is in control!

Worryless. Order your gcms notes to know what's the VO concern. If it doesn't make sense, contact a lawyer for JR.

As JR is in progress, you can also re-apply while both run simultaneously.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oyesquare10: 8:54pm On Aug 22, 2021
Soleizzy:
Please house is it wise to upload together any additional documents(lyk a proof of family ties) i failed to upload during my application with a just concluded medical report?

There's no harm in it. Upload them with a letter of explanation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Victoryokondu: 8:54pm On Aug 22, 2021
Iphiegrace:

And purpose of visit!

Na me and them today.

God is in control!

I’m sorry ☹️. Were you among those that got bvl over this weekend?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Dukealara: 9:03pm On Aug 22, 2021
Queenmama03:
LANDING GIST!!!
I left Naija on Tuesday night, Abuja airport via Turkish Airlines. The check-in process was smooth, no searching or harassments. Of course there were tips here and there. The standard bags allowed is 2bags 23kg each. An overweight bag (up to 32kg cost $80, while an extra bag to US/Canada cost $290) exchange rate used is $1/413naira). I had 3bags each weighing 23kg. Most of my luggage was food, a few clothes and some important books. Thankfully none of my food items were seized.

Congratulations!! My testimony is coming soon.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Awonaiye201: 9:08pm On Aug 22, 2021
House please I just schedule appointment for biometric screening but there is no feedback message to show if my schedule has been approved please my people what am I going to do next?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Bayor65: 9:14pm On Aug 22, 2021
Onaya:
I will advise you to contact IRCC via email and web forms, appealing for the commencement of your eligibility review requirements. The tone of your email/ web form should be very polite and appealing. If your medical examination has been updated to "passed" on your GCkey account, you may see an update within 48hrs. That was what I did, and it worked for me. Now, my "eligibility review" and "background check" are in progress.
I emailed them and I got this reply:

Good Day,

Thank you for your recent correspondence.

Your application is under review. You will be advised in writing shortly of the next step or final decision.

Kind Regards,

Migration Office | Bureau de migration (SWG)
High Commission of Canada | Haut-commissariat du Canada
P.O. Box / C.P. 1013, Limuru Road, 00621 – Nairobi, Kenya
www.kenya.gc.ca
www.canada.ca/immigration

(1) (2) (3) ... (650) (651) (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.