Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (650) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (688725 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) (653) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by makano: 9:00pm On Aug 21, 2021
I need to know more about you to know if this is enough....

1.How old are you? (You don't need to drop your exact age if you not comfortable with it, you can just gimme a range)
2, What degree are you going to Canada to study?

I need answers to these questions before I proceed with my conclusion on your questions..

PEACE

millie0:

High school graduate.

Two parents.

Two younger siblings.

Parents have assets and properties.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ayindesegun10(m): 9:01pm On Aug 21, 2021
makano:
Hello Ayindesegun

Going for another Bsc is an almost impossible task but not totally impossible..

Going for a degree you already have doesn't show career progression which may lead to a refusal..

In ma 4 years on this thread, I only know of 2 applicants that got an approval for another B.sc, that was why I said its not totally impossible.. [/b]You have your reasons for going for another B.sc, if you make your SOP almost perfect with convincing explanations, then you may just be approved....

[b]Another factor to consider is your age, if you are above 25 years going for another B.sc, then your chances are less than 20%.. The two applicants I mentioned earlier were 22 and 23 years.

But like we all know, this Canada journey cant be predicted, for someone(Nigerian applicant) recently getting an approval without Medicals shows protocols can be broken and impossibility can happen....

if truly you have genuine reasons for going for another B.sc, then good luck with it..

Peace

Thank you Makano, I'm not too old, I turned 21 this year. And I've explained the reasons for another BSc in my SOP. I'm going to a totally different field, I need foundational courses which Masters/PGD won't touch.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 9:08pm On Aug 21, 2021
Ayindesegun10:
I'll leave that to the VOs to decide.
All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 21, 2021
shupy:

@bolded is not a requirement.

And no, you don't need to include a resume.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by makano: 9:09pm On Aug 21, 2021
1. To strengthen your Home tie here in Nigeria.. To make the Visa officer know you actually have people here in Nigeria that you cant leave and run away and stay put in Canada... I will advise if you are single, you will need to submit them.. If you are married, you can just include your spouse documents, and if your Dad or mum is your sponsor, you will need to add theirs too...

2. Not compulsory but necessary..

Peace

Yureyes:
Good day house.

I was going through the thread and previous post but I have a couple of questions. Please can anyone help me clarify?

What's the importance of including copies of International Passport Bio data page of Applicant’s Family Members OR Birth certificates (Parents and Siblings) to my application?

Secondly, I am going for my undergraduate, do I need to include a resume? When I have just my secondary certificate and I haven't been employed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 9:11pm On Aug 21, 2021
Oyesquare10:

1. The importance is to show family ties here In Nigeria. However, it's not compulsory
2. You don't have to especially if you don't have a study gap.

Wait for gurus to respond

Thank you.

1) Noted

2) did my waec in 2019. Do I need to explain this gap?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by makano: 9:13pm On Aug 21, 2021
Okay Good..

Your age is okay, do everything possible to convince the VO your reasons for another B.sc...

And your approval will be waiting for you...

You can keep me posted on the outcome of your final decision...

Peace

Ayindesegun10:

Thank you Makano, I'm not too old, I turned 21 this year. And I've explained the reasons for another BSc in my SOP. I'm going to a totally different field, I need foundational courses which Masters/PGD won't touch.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 21, 2021
makano:
1. To strengthen your Home tie here in Nigeria.. To make the Visa officer know you actually have people here in Nigeria that you cant leave and run away and stay put in Canada... I will advise if you are single, you will need to submit them.. If you are married, you can just include your spouse documents, and if your Dad or mum is your sponsor, you will need to add theirs too...

2. Not compulsory but necessary..

Peace

I have siblings who are in Canada too.. including the birth certificates of all my siblings when some are there may not necessarily pass the home ties message you have stated above, unless you are advising me to include only the birth certificates of my siblings in Nigeria. I thought about this and that's why I asked if it was important to include it

Also, please has anyone with direct siblings in Canada applied for a study visa? I would appreciate if you can share insights on how you addressed issue of home ties. I couldn't find info about this scenario on the pages I read.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by millie0: 9:29pm On Aug 21, 2021
makano:
I need to know more about you to know if this is enough....

1.How old are you? (You don't need to drop your exact age if you not comfortable with it, you can just gimme a range)
2, What degree are you going to Canada to study?

I need answers to these questions before I proceed with my conclusion on your questions..

PEACE

Biology. 4 year bachelor of science
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oyesquare10: 9:30pm On Aug 21, 2021
Yureyes:

Thank you.

1) Noted

2) did my waec in 2019. Do I need to explain this gap?

That's less than 2years, you can explain that gap in SOP not necessarily with resume.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Elixosodi(f): 9:32pm On Aug 21, 2021
Ayindesegun10:

What then do you want to know since you have got it all figured out?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by makano: 9:43pm On Aug 21, 2021
Okay, you are good to go with that...

Peace
millie0:

Biology. 4 year bachelor of science
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by makano: 9:47pm On Aug 21, 2021
Its not advisable to hide anything from Canada for future purpose..

So you can include theirs, but dwell more on the siblings in Nigeria and most especially your parents..

Remember its called Home tie and not foreign tie...

Peace
Yureyes:

I have siblings who are in Canada too.. including the birth certificates of all my siblings when some are there may not necessarily pass the home ties message you have stated above, unless you are advising me to include only the birth certificates of my siblings in Nigeria. I thought about this and that's why I asked if it was important to include it

Also, please has anyone with direct siblings in Canada applied for a study visa? I would appreciate if you can share insights on how you addressed issue of home ties. I couldn't find info about this scenario on the pages I read.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 10:17pm On Aug 21, 2021
EmeeNaka:
Just got my correspondence letter

PPR next.....Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 10:24pm On Aug 21, 2021
Brawlscartel:
People of God... I'm currently studying Bsc microbiology......in UNN....

I wanna do my msc either in USA or Canada ..... Though Canada is first choice due to 2yrs post study work visa...

My question now,after writing GRE and I'm above 300 can I secure either partial or fully funded scholarship??
Also what's the POF for Canada and USA...

I'm yet to decide where to major in msc Sha.. na msc when go land me with quick job Nia I wan reason...
If u have any good msc you can still advice thanks

If a FULLY FUNDED M.SC SCHOLARSHIP in CANADA is your target, take your time and go through the contents in the link below and relate it to your own field of study or RESEARCH INTERESTS for your M.SC

Detailed Guide for Masters Degree holders who want to do a PH.D in Canada (fully-funded) also find attached Dr. Olumuyiwaayo's magic/jazz Academic CV & Cold Mail
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/321#103487629

Make sure you graduate with at least a MINIMUM of 2.1 and make sure your last two years in the university e.g 400LEVEL and 500LEVEL you have strong CGPA/GPA (75% upward) cos CANADIAN UNIVERSITIES look at that aspect in an ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPT a lot

As regards GRE,

GRE is mostly required by USA, Canada hardly require GRE

With a good GRE SCORE you chances of getting a fullyfunded graduate scholarship in the US is very high.

The interesting part about USA is that;

USA has over 3,000 Universities (OPP, OPG) while Universities in CANADA is not up to 300, which means there are more scholarships in the US than CANADA, which makes getting Scholarships in Canada very competitive, so make sure you cast net wide open in those two countries for FULLYFUNDED SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNIES in your RESEARCH INTERESTS so as not to put al your eggs in one basket

I read a tweet on twitter sometime in June, and I quote,

If you’re looking for a country where you can easily get an admission, consider UK

If you’re looking for a country where you have better scholarship options, consider US

If you’re looking for a country where you have better chances of getting a foreign passport, consider Canada

If getting a scholarship is a big part of your study abroad plans, and getting one in Canada is looking elusive, you can work out a smart plan

Consider the US as a study destination, and work towards your Canadian Permanent Residence application from there.

That’s a smart plan.

Credits : @olufemiloye

As regards SHOWING PROOF OF FUNDS in Canada for a FULLYFUNDED APPLICANT FOR CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION, take your time and go through the contents in the link below

How to show Proof of Funds for a Fully-funded Scholarship applicant going to a Canadian University
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/384#99902954

For USA, visit to the GENERAL USA VISA THREAD on nairaland to enquire about their proof of funds etc.

Good luck!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Brawlscartel(m): 10:28pm On Aug 21, 2021
Lekiboboe:

If a FULLY FUNDED M.SC SCHOLARSHIP in CANADA is your target, take your time and go through the contents in the link below and relate it to your own field of study or RESEARCH INTERESTS for your M.SC

Detailed Guide for Masters Degree holders who want to do a PH.D in Canada (fully-funded) also find attached Dr. Olumuyiwaayo's magic/jazz Academic CV & Cold Mail
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/321#103487629

Make sure you graduate with at least a MINIMUM of 2.1 and make sure your last two years in the university e.g 400LEVEL and 500LEVEL you have strong CGPA/GPA (75% upward) cos CANADIAN UNIVERSITIES look at that aspect in an ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPT a lot

As regards GRE,

GRE is mostly required by USA, Canada hardly require GRE

With a good GRE SCORE you chances of getting a fullyfunded graduate scholarship in the US is very high.

The interesting part about USA is that;

USA has over 3,000 Universities (OPP, OPG) while Universities in CANADA is not up to 300, which means there are more scholarships in the US than CANADA, which makes getting Scholarships in Canada very competitive, so make sure you cast net wide open in those two countries for FULLYFUNDED SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNIES in your RESEARCH INTERESTS so as not to put al your eggs in one basket

I read a tweet on twitter sometime in June, and I quote,

If you’re looking for a country where you can easily get an admission, consider UK

If you’re looking for a country where you have better scholarship options, consider US

If you’re looking for a country where you have better chances of getting a foreign passport, consider Canada

If getting a scholarship is a big part of your study abroad plans, and getting one in Canada is looking elusive, you can work out a smart plan

Consider the US as a study destination, and work towards your Canadian Permanent Residence application from there.

That’s a smart plan.

Credits : @olufemiloye

As regards SHOWING PROOF OF FUNDS in Canada for a FULLYFUNDED APPLICANT FOR CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION, take your time and go through the contents in the link below

How to show Proof of Funds for a Fully-funded Scholarship applicant going to a Canadian University
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/384#99902954

For USA, visit to the GENERAL USA VISA THREAD on nairaland to enquire about their proof of funds etc.

Good luck!!!
Thanks man

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by zaunty: 10:44pm On Aug 21, 2021
Thank you so much!

How about the accommodation sharing? Are you still interested? Are you male or female?

ray007bu:

Sent to your mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Mojiwealth: 10:54pm On Aug 21, 2021
March 23rd applicant received nothing yet pls fear could be the problem what should I do next

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Mojiwealth: 10:54pm On Aug 21, 2021
Mojiwealth:
March 23rd applicant received nothing yet pls what could be the problem what should I do next
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ray007bu: 10:57pm On Aug 21, 2021
zaunty:
Thank you so much!

How about the accommodation sharing? Are you still interested? Are you male or female?

Yes I am
Female o

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Legacyedition: 11:43pm On Aug 21, 2021
Mojiwealth:
March 23rd applicant received nothing yet pls fear could be the problem what should I do next

What's your eligibility status on your gcms note?.

If it's Recommend interview or Review required.

You are on queue . Welcome to waiting room.

March 19 Applicant.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by justjify(m): 12:13am On Aug 22, 2021
Queenmama03:
LANDING GIST!!!
I left Naija on Tuesday night, Abuja airport via Turkish Airlines. The check-in process was smooth, no searching or harassments. Of course there were tips here and there. The standard bags allowed is 2bags 23kg each. An overweight bag (up to 32kg cost $80, while an extra bag to US/Canada cost $290) exchange rate used is $1/413naira). I had 3bags each weighing 23kg. Most of my luggage was food, a few clothes and some important books. Thankfully none of my food items were seized.

Arrived Istanbul in the morning, transit was 8 long hours but the airport is big and beautiful with lots of shops so I didn’t feel it that much, I even slept at some point. Later I bought coffee and sandwich. When it was time to board I was first asked for ArriveCAN and COVID test result, proceeded to the next guy and he asked for “school documents” so I gave him my letter of acceptance and enrollment letter. The guy looked and asked if it was the only document I had from school, I affirmed and explained that my school doesn’t give support letter. After consulting their supervisor they let me go. The food onboard was okay.

I arrived Montreal on 18th, the queue was mad!! To make it faster two separate separate queues were created for fully vaccinated and not vaccinated travelers (so if you have taken only one shot just consider yourself unvaccinated), nevertheless I still spent hours on that queue. We were led to declare our food and cash, then the next queue was to get study permit. I collected number (my number was 288 and they were still on 167) so I waited for another 2 hours or so. When it got to my turn the officer just asked for my passport and declaration form then issued my study permit. No questions asked. After that I went to pick my bags and then proceeded to take my Covid test and was given a kit to use on the 8th day.

The total time it took to sort these things out from when we landed to picking my bags was about 5hrs plus. We arrived 5:30pm and by the time I was done it was getting to 11pm. I was extremely worn out, thankfully my connecting flight was scheduled for the next day, so I spent the night at the hotel inside the airport and continued my journey to Fredericton the next day. I’m currently in quarantine. Na so my journey take go. To those still waiting for PPR, I wish you the best. The journey isn’t easy but it’s worth it in the end.

Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by zaunty: 12:34am On Aug 22, 2021
If so, please send your WhatsApp number let's chat more about it there.

ray007bu:

Yes I am
Female o

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by zaunty: 12:37am On Aug 22, 2021
Hello everyone!
Please I need your advice.
How late can a graduate student travel to Canada after the beginning of the semester?
For instance, my studies will begin on 8th September and my visa was approved on 8th August. Please is it okay if I travel by first week of October?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oladipodare1992: 12:53am On Aug 22, 2021
Please guys advice me on this Statement from Bank of America to show proof of funds, it is generated online and there is no where to stamp or signed. Will it be accepted by the Embassy?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Omiinii: 12:56am On Aug 22, 2021
Lol...bad guy grin grin grin
Ayindesegun10:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 1:04am On Aug 22, 2021
Oladipodare1992:
Please guys advice me on this Statement from Bank of America to show proof of funds, it is generated online and there is no where to stamp or signed. Will it be accepted by the Embassy?
It should, but your brother will also need to include documents such as employment letter or/and business documents.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ProtectedMan(m): 1:07am On Aug 22, 2021
Hello Guys!!

I'd like to know if, as evidence of strong ties to my country, if i can use a paid study leave and the fact that i'll return to naija and work with the same company as evidence

who knows if my employer will be contacted if i claim that they gave me study leave with pay

who understands me please?,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 1:07am On Aug 22, 2021
zaunty:
Hello everyone!
How late can a graduate student travel to Canada after the beginning of the semester?
For instance, my studies will begin on 8th September and my visa was approved on 8th August. Please is it okay if I travel by first week of October?
Reach out to your school. If they ok with your traveling plan, you shouldn't have any issue at the POE.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Shokoloko(f): 2:09am On Aug 22, 2021
afrischolars1:

Can you send your contact phone number to asi.scholars@gmail.com. We can help provide him with INFORMATION on accomodation.

Thanks so much. I posted in the Living in Canada group and got help there. I appreciate

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Peacekid(m): 2:42am On Aug 22, 2021
Legacyedition:

What's your eligibility status on your gcms note?.

If it's Recommend interview or Review required.

You are on queue . Welcome to waiting room.

March 19 Applicant.

March 6th applicant
Recommend Interview too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ashirioluwa: 3:23am On Aug 22, 2021
zaunty:
Hello everyone!

That’s too late. You need to check with that school because they might not allow you to register for classes

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) (653) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.