Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,777 members, 7,817,202 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (689309 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by fav2deep: 4:46pm On Jun 03, 2021
Hey friend, have you seen any changes in your online application? I mean the statuses!

ogunleyesijibomi:
No response yet.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ogunleyesijibomi: 5:08pm On Jun 03, 2021
So far so good... Nothing has changed.. no eligiblity review yet.

fav2deep:
Hey friend, have you seen any changes in your online application? I mean the statuses!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Dabricious: 5:17pm On Jun 03, 2021
Congratulations Sir, I've been waiting to hear good news today.
It shows that God is in my neighborhood, I am next in line for this loud testimony. I will be in the mood of thanksgiving while I await my own ppr.

folla:
Praise God!!!!

Hi Everyone,

I have been a silent reader all along and this post is on behalf of my wife.

She applied for Canadian study visa on 18/02/2021 and since then the waiting game started. This morning, she opened her mail and coincidentally, 2 emails dropped from IRCC within the space of about 3 minutes. Could it be the good news we all have been waiting for? The emails stated that there were messages to be checked in the profile.

We summoned the courage to check her profile and lo and behold, it was an approval! Both PPR and BvL came at about the same time. We thank God Almighty for the success.

A lot happened in-between the time of the application and PPR. She had sent several webforms seeking to know status of the application. IRCC always responded with the generic emails, starting with "under active review" and then later to "in process". Yet we kept faith alive. She also had to migrate her international passport into a new one, just because her old passport would expire early next year, whereas she will be going for a 2-year program. When she obtained the new passport (this process took about 6 weeks), she notified IRCC by webform. She had to also defer her admission from Summer to Fall of 2021 and she notified IRCC by webform.

Her timeline is as follows:

- Upfront Medical: 7/12/2020 at QLife
- Applied: 18/02/2021
- Biometrics Request: 19/02/2021
- Biometrics done: 24/02/2021
- Medical Updated to Passed: 26/02/2021
-PPR and BvL: 3/06/2021

Her supporting documents are as follows:

Academic qualifications:

1) Offer and Letter of Admission for MSc Program at TRU, Canada.
2) Transcripts for 1st degree in Nigeria
3) Transcripts for 2nd degree in Nigeria
4) IELTS Result
5) WAEC Result
6) 6-page SOP
7) Certificate of Being on Dean's Honour's Rolls at undergraduate level

Employment:

1) Offer of Employment Letter. She works in a bank.
2) Reference Letter from Employer
3) Employment ID Card
4) Payslips for 6 months
5) Resume

Financial qualifications:

1) MyBank Statement from her for 1 year
2) MyBank Statement from husband for 1 year
3) Affidavit of Sponsorship from husband
4) Notarised Letter of Sponsorship from husband
5) Statement of Account of her Retirement Savings Account (RSA)
6) Funding Letter from her supervisors, to the tune of CA$20,000.00
7) Evidence of payment for a semester (CA$6,000)

Home Ties:

1) Birth Certificates of husband and the children;
2) Marriage Certificate
3) Business Name Registration Certificate of Husband's firm
4) Husband’s Offer of Employment Letter
5) Birth Certificates of my parents;
6) Offer of Employment Letter from Employer;
7) Statement of Account of Contributory Pension;
cool Statement of Account of Life Insurance Policy;
9) Land Purchase Agreement in respect of a plot of land;
10) Land Purchase Agreement in respect of plots of land;
11) Land Purchase Agreement in respect of plots of land;
12) Vehicle particulars of a car.
13) Membership Certificate of CIPM
14) Membership Certificate of Institute of Chartered Economists of Nigeria.

Other Documents:

1) Completed and signed IMM1294E and IMM5645E forms.
2) Police Character Certificate
3) Data page of International Passport
4) Passport photograph
5) Birth Certificate
6) NYSC Certificate

She is 39 years old and has 3 kids between 6-10. She was very anxious because of her age and also because she is seeking for a 2nd masters program. We weren't sure what IRCC would say to these.

The kids did not apply with her. They will apply for study permits as soon as her PP is stamped. I hope I am not leaving out any important info.

Nairaland has been a blessing to me and my family. Many thanks for the selfless service rendered by all the gurus on this thread. These efforts will return to you in blessings. I wish all study visa hopefuls, success. We shall all be congratulated at the end. The journey was tortuous, but she could not have given up. Please don't give up!

I do hope that this post has given fresh hope to someone on the journey. That is the essence.

With God all things are possible!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Carebeyondcure: 5:18pm On Jun 03, 2021
Hi Everyone, Please I need answers I have B.Sc. in Insurance I gained admission to study human resource management at the university of Windsor for winter 2022. I graduated in 2019, finished NYSC 2020, and I'm still working where I served but I don't have an official contract of employment with the company (because this better than sitting at home) but my boss pays me monthly from his pocket. My father is my sponsor. These are my questions...
What kind of letter can I request from my boss since I don't have employment letter to include in my application,
Can my father pay for my tuition from his fixed account instead of his salary account because I want to include both his salary account and his fixed account, my tuition is 11,542CAD per semester is it necessary to pay for 3 semesters before I apply
is it true that I have to apply within 2 weeks of acceptance to show my seriousness even though ( I want to apply by month end because my passport is not ready) I'm resuming Jan 2022,
And the acceptance l was given was based on conditions that I send my transcript and original certificate( even though I have collected it) directly to the school before April 2022 can I still use the offer letter to apply for the study visa...
GOD BLESS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Tiara97: 5:20pm On Jun 03, 2021
Good evening everyone, pls I received 2 bvls on the 28th of May(within minutes apart) and since then, I haven’t heard anything. I applied early February and eligibility started 4th of May. Please has anyone experienced this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Toopee: 5:21pm On Jun 03, 2021
Can I raise a single web form for two documents? Renewed passport and medical slip.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 5:36pm On Jun 03, 2021
Tiara97:
Good evening everyone, pls I received 2 bvls on the 28th of May(within minutes apart) and since then, I haven’t heard anything. I applied early February and eligibility started 4th of May. Please has anyone experienced this?
It happens..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by emmy4Gold: 5:38pm On Jun 03, 2021
Toopee:
Can I raise a single web form for two documents? Renewed passport and medical slip.
Yes, please go ahead

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Cflow10: 5:49pm On Jun 03, 2021
Please if I pay my fees while awaiting admission, is there a way I can send it to IRCC to let them know and you know raise my chances ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Bellgirl1: 5:54pm On Jun 03, 2021
Tiara97:
I received BVL since February.. up till now haven’t heard from them ..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Papapa1234: 6:06pm On Jun 03, 2021
How much did you pay Nairaland and all the guru prior to getting your Visa.. desperado
Blavkmaann:
Mad o, una Don enter part 19

Wahala! .... jakpa is a must ooo

So my fellow jakpa geng! How is everything... Omo, no vex for me say I never enter here since o, preparing to leave this country na another wahala on e own... for this life, Wahala no Dey finish...

As most of you know, I was approved last year October, although I’m still in Lagos... I’ve been able to guide a number of people personally and with the help of so many hands here....

After gathering so much information and research, I wrote a step by step guide on how you can get admission, apply for visa and even prepare to leave Nigeria.. the Ebook will be out soon

You can get it just to guide you while you apply BY YOURSELF!

It will be going for a Price... Na small money, just see the money like say you dey donate to my travel coz.... no b small thing to travel ooo... the book will be out soon!

I still remain committed to assisting people with right information and legit facts

I’m not an agent and I don’t support use of agent, I started my application for study and visa myself and God came thru

God we do am for me go do am for you too... my flight is fo JULY

I love y’all...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Papapa1234: 6:07pm On Jun 03, 2021
He can go to Twitter,IG to advertise not Nairaland
nifnifemi:
You dey para oo. ���

It might be helpful to some people that can't be checking different threads.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by atiteb4: 6:07pm On Jun 03, 2021
Foski01:
I was given the NSE route option but I opted out...
oh nice..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by atiteb4: 6:07pm On Jun 03, 2021
Bellgirl1:

I received BVL since February.. up till now haven’t heard from them ..
I hope you ordered for your gcms
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by emmy4Gold: 6:08pm On Jun 03, 2021
Cflow10:
Please if I pay my fees while awaiting admission, is there a way I can send it to IRCC to let them know and you know raise my chances ?
You can send it through web form
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 6:08pm On Jun 03, 2021
Carebeyondcure:
Hi Everyone, Please I need answers I have B.Sc. in Insurance I gained admission to study human resource management at the university of Windsor for winter 2022. I graduated in 2019, finished NYSC 2020, and I'm still working where I served but I don't have an official contract of employment with the company (because this better than sitting at home) but my boss pays me monthly from his pocket. My father is my sponsor. These are my questions...
What kind of letter can I request from my boss since I don't have employment letter to include in my application,
Can my father pay for my tuition from his fixed account instead of his salary account because I want to include both his salary account and his fixed account, my tuition is 11,542CAD per semester is it necessary to pay for 3 semesters before I apply
is it true that I have to apply within 2 weeks of acceptance to show my seriousness even though ( I want to apply by month end because my passport is not ready) I'm resuming Jan 2022,
And the acceptance l was given was based on conditions that I send my transcript and original certificate( even though I have collected it) directly to the school before April 2022 can I still use the offer letter to apply for the study visa...
GOD BLESS
Next time itemize your questions. It makes it easier to answer.
*Firstly, what degree are you going for? It's important there's a form of progression.
*A reference Letter will suffice but are you paid in cash or bank deposit.
*It doesn't matter which account is used to pay and no, you're not required to pay for all three semesters. Paying for one semester is ok.
* It doesn't matter when you apply. There's sufficient amount of time for you to apply since you're not applying for fall intake. Get all documents ready before applying. No need to rush.
*Use a letter of acceptance to apply and not offer letter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by MindfulV: 6:15pm On Jun 03, 2021
Congratulations to you and wifey.

Please, I am curious about the content of the reference letter from her employer. Was there any allusion to her study permit application (meaning she disclosed her intention to her employer) or the letter just introduced her as a staff seeking a temporary residence visa?

folla:
Praise God!!!!

Hi Everyone,

She applied for Canadian study visa on 18/02/2021 and since then the waiting game started. This morning, she opened her mail and coincidentally, 2 emails dropped from IRCC within the space of about 3 minutes. Could it be the good news we all have been waiting for? The emails stated that there were messages to be checked in the profile.

We summoned the courage to check her profile and lo and behold, it was an approval! Both PPR and BvL came at about the same time. We thank God Almighty for the success.

A lot happened in-between the time of the application and PPR. She had sent several webforms seeking to know status of the application. IRCC always responded with the generic emails, starting with "under active review" and then later to "in process". Yet we kept faith alive. She also had to migrate her international passport into a new one, just because her old passport would expire early next year, whereas she will be going for a 2-year program. When she obtained the new passport (this process took about 6 weeks), she notified IRCC by webform. She had to also defer her admission from Summer to Fall of 2021 and she notified IRCC by webform.

Academic qualifications:

4) IELTS Result
5) WAEC Result
6) 6-page SOP

Employment:

3) Employment ID Card
4) Payslips for 6 months
5) Resume

Home Ties:

2) Marriage Certificate

Other Documents:

4) Passport photograph
5) Birth Certificate
6) NYSC Certificate

She is 39 years old and has 3 kids between 6-10. She was very anxious because of her age and also because she is seeking for a 2nd masters program. We weren't sure what IRCC would say to these.

The kids did not apply with her. They will apply for study permits as soon as her PP is stamped. I hope I am not leaving out any important info.

Nairaland has been a blessing to me and my family. Many thanks for the selfless service rendered by all the gurus on this thread. These efforts will return to you in blessings. I wish all study visa hopefuls, success. We shall all be congratulated at the end. The journey was tortuous, but she could not have given up. Please don't give up!

I do hope that this post has given fresh hope to someone on the journey. That is the essence.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ayodeji786: 6:18pm On Jun 03, 2021
Tiara97:

Yes and I received another BVL this morning. Making it 3 BVL I’ve gotten so far!

And I also received ghost update like 5times now

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Papapa1234: 6:22pm On Jun 03, 2021
None of them..lol..send your wifey instead
Glenfiddich26:
Hello everyone, please I have some questions I will like answer and clarity to. I will like to send my in-law (wifey younger brother) who is my ward to study in Canada. I want to know if he will be able to file for my family to move to Canada after graduation. I am also looking at sending my younger brother also. But I can only afford to sponsor one person at this time. Between the both of them, who will be able to help us move in future to Canada? Thank you

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 6:27pm On Jun 03, 2021
How about you wife?

Before you hear stories that touches o.

Glenfiddich26:
Hello everyone, please I have some questions I will like answer and clarity to. I will like to send my in-law (wifey younger brother) who is my ward to study in Canada. I want to know if he will be able to file for my family to move to Canada after graduation. I am also looking at sending my younger brother also. But I can only afford to sponsor one person at this time. Between the both of them, who will be able to help us move in future to Canada? Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Callioge: 6:27pm On Jun 03, 2021
Congratulations to you and your wife.I am next in kind for a miracle.
Dabricious:
Congratulations Sir, I've been waiting to hear good news today.
It shows that God is in my neighborhood, I am next in line for this loud testimony. I will be in the mood of thanksgiving while I await my own ppr.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 6:27pm On Jun 03, 2021
PPR is coming grin

Amen

Ayodeji786:

Yes and I received another BVL this morning. Making it 3 BVL I’ve gotten so far!

And I also received ghost update like 5times now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Callioge: 6:34pm On Jun 03, 2021
Thanks I have,it will arrive end if the month.
Anon123:

Apply for your gcms notes as well
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Whale2018: 6:43pm On Jun 03, 2021
Congratultions!!!

Hi Everyone,

Academic qualifications:

4) IELTS Result
5) WAEC Result
6) 6-page SOP

Employment:

3) Employment ID Card
4) Payslips for 6 months
5) Resume

Home Ties:

2) Marriage Certificate

Other Documents:

4) Passport photograph
5) Birth Certificate
6) NYSC Certificate

[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 6:46pm On Jun 03, 2021
Big Congrats!

folla:
Praise God!!!!

Hi Everyone,

Academic qualifications:

4) IELTS Result
5) WAEC Result
6) 6-page SOP

Employment:

3) Employment ID Card
4) Payslips for 6 months
5) Resume

Home Ties:

2) Marriage Certificate

Other Documents:

4) Passport photograph
5) Birth Certificate
6) NYSC Certificate

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 6:47pm On Jun 03, 2021
Big congrats to all our PPR recipients! it will go round!

Please if you applied early Feb and didn't get NSE request..and no decision yet..pls gather here let's encourage ourselves grin

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by kinnad(m): 7:00pm On Jun 03, 2021
Good evening all. Please kindly help out. How long does an offer of admission remain open before its closed in case one doesn't pay the tuition on time. Also after paying school fees deposit, how long does it take to get CAS?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by kemicalreact: 7:03pm On Jun 03, 2021
lushk:
I am sharing my timeline to encourage everyone…. I got a lot of Info from Nairaland and I hope this helps at least one person.

I reached out to an agent initially that gave me a bill of 1500 USD, when I converted to Naira, I decided to do my application my self. Thank God for grace and patience.

First time applicant -age 30
Program of study- MBA
School- Rotman school of management - University of Toronto
I got partial scholarship but still needed to show how I will fund the balance and my expenses.

So prior to my study permit application, I had two expired EE application my score was low so I didn’t get ITA. This made me nervous cos it was a proof that I would be looking for PR after my studies and I wasn’t sure if it would affect their decision.

Submitted my application February 19 with Upfront Medicals and my bank statement
Biometric request Feb 20
Biometrics updated to pass Feb 24
Medical updated to pass Feb 26
NSE request for IELTS Feb 25
Submitted IELTS- Mar 27
BVL May 31
PPR June 1

I graduated in 2011, and I have worked in the financial services industry since 2011 from my NYSC posting. I got my Chartered financial analyst (CFA) certification in 2019 so my LOE was focused on saying I needed the MBA for career progression and to take on leadership position. I also spoke about the need for investment analysts to have a global training to prevent mismanaging large funds and negatively affecting the Nigerian capital markets.

I attached pictures of my family members, got a study leave, letter of intro and my payslips from my employer.

For economic ties I used my 75% of my pension, my car and my equity investment. The 25% of my pension I stated I would use it for my funding during my studies. The PFA gave me a letter to support this.

For funding, the first page was a letter explaining all lump sums and where they came from and I stated that it was to show sufficient liquidity.
I included two tables one showing all my expected expenses for two years and all my funding. Then I included a summary table showing both incase there was any confusion that the funding was more than the expense.

My program is for 2 years so I had to show how I intended to finance it for the total duration. I didn’t want to inform any relatives so I had to sponsor my self. I got my admission in October, didn’t apply till February because of funding, I used this time to consolidate my finances and also apply for loans. I applied to Prodigy ( I was rejected) and Mpower( I got approved).

The school had an immigration lawyer that also helped me look through my letters and my forms
Congratulations.
Did you state that your financing was from a loan?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 7:13pm On Jun 03, 2021
Toopee:

What do u mean by renewed passport
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ifeoluwadayofun(f): 7:16pm On Jun 03, 2021
Big thanks.

Lianna2020:
I told that my mum is readily available to take care of him for me while I study.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 7:16pm On Jun 03, 2021
kinnad:
Good evening all. Please kindly help out. How long does an offer of admission remain open before its closed in case one doesn't pay the tuition on time. Also after paying school fees deposit, how long does it take to get CAS?

Theres nothing like CAS for Canadian Study permit. CAS applies to UK study permit only
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 7:17pm On Jun 03, 2021
Good evening ,

Please for those in Canada or anyone with an idea, the three days compulsory quarantine , how do I know the accepted hotel to book for here or can I pay for it when I get there?

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.